Who did you plan on pushing but in the end were unsuccessful in doing so?

One for me was Michael Elgin who I had doing nothing for quite a while but I decided to give him a monster push and at KOTR he went over John Cena clean before winning the IC title at Wrestlemania from Matt Patterson (EC3). Everything went downhill from here as he put in horrible performances and brought the prestige of the IC Title down a lot which is a shame because I initially had plans for him to win a world title soon after.

Another was Garrett Bischoff who also went over John Cena clean and then it was because of him that Cena turned heel and they had a great rivalry but from there he lingered in the midcard and has just been poached away by Ring Of Honor.

Jerry Lawler. Signed him in August 1988, hoping he would come in a fill an upper-midcard heel role, get over some babyfaces, put on some good matches, maybe have a run or two with the IC title...nothing. For the two and a half years I've had him, the IC title kinda passed right by him, nobody he has feuded with has gotten over, and he's just kinda there most shows. Debating if I want to release him in four months when his contract is up or start his color career early.

Tyler Breeze. Planned to have him have a long IC Title reign, but 2 weeks into his reign, he broke his neck and was out for 1 year and 1 week. Had him have surgery, but it went wrong and he had 4 months added to his recovery time. By the time he got back, I had instead tried and succeeded in getting Enzo Amore in his place and he wasn't really needed. Also he developed a painkiller addiction which didn't help him either.

<p>Lion Heart in pretty much every game and Matty Faith in TEW 10 and 13</p><p>

Every save I try and get Lion Heart and try to get him over. I guess it's just because I like the render I have for him but I always want him to become great but he usually doesn't get very far unless I'm running a local/small fed. </p><p>

And Matty Faith I would sign upon his debut in earlier versions of tew and hope to come close to his fathers success but he just doesn't have the skill set to ever be anything major. I've got a 16 save that is 20 years in and he floundered for most of his career in Developmental for SWF and then spent a short time as a lower midcarder before they released him and now he's finishing out his career as a maineventer for MAW</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="gtb321" data-cite="gtb321" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43534" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Tyler Breeze. Planned to have him have a long IC Title reign, but 2 weeks into his reign, he broke his neck and was out for 1 year and 1 week. Had him have surgery, but it went wrong and he had 4 months added to his recovery time. By the time he got back, I had instead tried and succeeded in getting Enzo Amore in his place and he wasn't really needed. Also he developed a painkiller addiction which didn't help him either.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Tyler Breeze for me too. He was in a heel stable with Ziggler and Johnny Curtis and he was gaining crazy popularity. Ziggler was the World champion at the time. I had both Ziggler and Johnny turn on Breeze to turn him face and have Breeze go over at Wrestlemania. The match surprisingly got an A and Breeze's popularity was as high as a A. After his rivalry with Ziggler, things started going downhill with his feud with Rusev. Breeze's pop started going down, I guess the fans were turning on him. But his reign only ended up lasting two months.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="King Bison" data-cite="King Bison" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43534" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Lion Heart in pretty much every game and Matty Faith in TEW 10 and 13<p> Every save I try and get Lion Heart and try to get him over. I guess it's just because I like the render I have for him but I always want him to become great but he usually doesn't get very far unless I'm running a local/small fed. </p><p> And Matty Faith I would sign upon his debut in earlier versions of tew and hope to come close to his fathers success but he just doesn't have the skill set to ever be anything major. I've got a 16 save that is 20 years in and he floundered for most of his career in Developmental for SWF and then spent a short time as a lower midcarder before they released him and now he's finishing out his career as a maineventer for MAW</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm the same with Matty Faith. In my current game I've already fired him, but just signed him back for a feud between his dad and Vengeance.</p>

<p>Ross Henry. </p><p> </p><p>

As CZCW. I signed him as soon as I could. He would be my star player and help take us towards the next level.</p><p> </p><p>

He won my Wave of Fury (Royal Rumble) and won the Top strap. But his matches were below what the previous champion had, and as my company grew his performances didn't make his reign was cut short. 3 years later he's just floating around. Leader of a group where the other guys take on most of the matches. A big disappointment and is on his way out in a couple of months</p>

<p>Ross Henry. </p><p> </p><p>

As CZCW. I signed him as soon as I could. He would be my star player and help take us towards the next level.</p><p> </p><p>

He won my Wave of Fury (Royal Rumble) and won the Top strap. But his matches were below what the previous champion had, and as my company grew his performances didn't , His reign was cut short. 3 years later he's just floating around. Leader of a group where the other guys take on most of the matches. A big disappointment and is on his way out in a couple of months</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Winter8905" data-cite="Winter8905" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43534" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Ross Henry. <p> </p><p> As CZCW. I signed him as soon as I could. He would be my star player and help take us towards the next level.</p><p> </p><p> He won my Wave of Fury (Royal Rumble) and won the Top strap. But his matches were below what the previous champion had, and as my company grew his performances didn't , His reign was cut short. 3 years later he's just floating around. Leader of a group where the other guys take on most of the matches. A big disappointment and is on his way out in a couple of months</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Funny you say this, I really struggled with him and Julius Moor, had Ross in a development just to work down there for two years after he didn't do much in USPW for three years. However, I just teamed the two up as "The Eliminater" and "The Enforcer" as "The Bone Crushers" with football player renders, a face tag team and now they're one of best tag teams.</p>

<p>At the moment I find myself in a position where I want to give William Regal a world title run but just can't really justify it to myself in a scene that has Goldberg, Angle and Lesnar are fighting over the belt. I might be able to pull it off if I could build a stable around Regal but there's nobody I could really picture joining him at the moment.</p><p> </p><p>

As far as actual failed pushes go, in TEW 2013 I tried to get The Rock over to the point he was at historically but he'd quickly fall back to 66 popularity if he wasn't constantly beating guys who are far more over than he is.</p><p> </p><p>

I eventually gave up and made him the people's european champ.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Winter8905" data-cite="Winter8905" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43534" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Ross Henry. <p> </p><p> As CZCW. I signed him as soon as I could. He would be my star player and help take us towards the next level.</p><p> </p><p> He won my Wave of Fury (Royal Rumble) and won the Top strap. But his matches were below what the previous champion had, and as my company grew his performances didn't , His reign was cut short. 3 years later he's just floating around. Leader of a group where the other guys take on most of the matches. A big disappointment and is on his way out in a couple of months</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Same here... I signed him with TCW and gave him a monster push, culminating with an International Championship win at Total Mayhem. That was supposed to be his steppingstone to the World Championship, but somehow he kept losing popularity and a few months later, he dropped the International title. He's now stuck in midcard hell, while I'm trying to figure out wether to release him or just put him in meaningless feuds.</p>

<p>Greg Black.</p><p> </p><p>

I signed him in my CornellVerse game when I was just starting out as a cult company. I needed a guy who was fairly recognizable who could play a good babyface, and he fit the mold. He was my promotion's first world champion, had decent matches, and was OK for a little while. However, his popularity began declining after a few months as champ. It was clear the fans only bought him at a certain level, so he dropped the title and began working as an upper-midcard face for a while while I brought in some big names.</p><p> </p><p>

He actually got a shot in the arm when I brought in Elmo Benson and reformed High Concept, but got hosed once again. While Black's popularity seems to top out in the mid-60's, Elmo Benson is a certified main-event guy, with popularity in the mid-80's. This likely means a breakup is coming, and since Benson's such a good face, it probably also signals a heel turn for Black. Maybe that pushes him to the next level, but I doubt it.</p>

<p>Sami I guess?</p><p> </p><p>

He was getting massively over, went from 65 pop to 88 in the space of two months, so I thought **** it, strapped a rocket on him straight to the Main event of Mania. It started at Armageddon 2016 where he was injected last minute into the Main Event, a five-way dance which was changed into a six-way, which was then announced as a six man Hell in a Cell. Zayn walking out the winner. The next night however, Dean cashed in his Money in the Bank briefcase which he craftily won from Big E after a beat down from Dean's faction, Bulletproof BC (Ambrose, AJ, Finn, Gallows, Anderson). Sami held the prize he worked his entire childhood too, for a mere 23 hours. The next week, the Advocate of the Beast, Paul Heyman, offered Sami a tempting proposition. Brock Lesnar vs Sami Zayn, for Sami Zayn's rematch clause at the Royal Rumble. Zayn was offered mainstream attention around the world and would be come a guaranteed sensation if he somehow managed to upset the Beast. Being a fighting man, Zayn accepted. He lost.</p><p> </p><p>

Ambrose squeezed past Lesnar, with the help of Mike Chioda, who was being forced to work for Bulletproof. Lesnar dominated the match, eventually lifting Ambrose onto his shoulders for an F5, before Chioda low blowed the Beast, Ambrose hitting a Dirty Deeds followed by a Fast Count. The loyalty to Chioda quickly disappeared after Lesnar got his hands on him.</p><p> </p><p>

Meanwhile, the New Era was finally ushered in during the Royal Rumble, four men remained. Sami Zayn, AJ Styles, Finn Balor and Karl Anderson, and despite resounding 3 to 1 odds, Zayn somehow won the Rumble match eliminating Balor last. Zayn was the most over worker in my promotion with 90 pop on average worldwide and I was excited for the future of him. He hit 92 at Mania and wrestled Ambrose who had 91. Maybe I put too much faith in them as they walked away with a 76. Okay not ideal and seriously harmed the rating of the show, but whatever. Shit happens.</p><p> </p><p>

I checked the popularity and much to my dismay, still 92. Three months later being booked like prime Roman Reigns, still 92. While not the worst cap, Zayn was walking away with below 80 ratings in his title defenses and hurting our PPV ratings, so I decided to take the title off him, giving it back to Dean Ambrose in an 88 rated match, before getting a 100 rated match in the co-main event of Summerslam, once again with Zayn. Maybe he just works better as a chaser.</p>

<p>Right now, The Long Beach Crew.</p><p> </p><p>

I brought them in to provide depth, but to get them over I programmed them against Natural Storm and, well, they're completely <strong>out</strong> of their depth. The matches are awful, they're not getting over, their promos stink, and Aces High keeps living up to the second word in his ring name. (Back-to-back nights, dude? Seriously? Even your partner's P.O.'d.)</p><p> </p><p>

I blew the feud off and Aces High was high <em>again</em> for that match (which was already hampered by Eddie Howard working with a knee injury). So I suspended him. He "reacted positively", though he still hates me. He's going down to development after his suspension ends, while Cali Slick becomes a jobber.</p><p> </p><p>

We'll try again... later.</p>

KUSHIDA in my NJPW game, i had gotten to 2020 or 2021 i believe and id decided i was going to give KUSHIDA the big heavyweight singles push. Had him win the G1-Climax, long story short he had a stinker B- match (Worst rating of the show) in the Main Event of Wrestle Kingdom and he's been a midcard guy ever since. Was a shame because i actually think KUSHIDA is very good in real life, guess sometimes it doesn't translate.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bluestillidie00" data-cite="Bluestillidie00" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43534" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Sami I guess?<p> </p><p> He was getting massively over, went from 65 pop to 88 in the space of two months, so I thought **** it, strapped a rocket on him straight to the Main event of Mania.</p><p> </p><p> Zayn was walking away with below 80 ratings in his title defenses and hurting our PPV ratings, so I decided to take the title off him, giving it back to Dean Ambrose in an 88 rated match, before getting a 100 rated match in the co-main event of Summerslam, once again with Zayn. Maybe he just works better as a chaser.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Probably has a really good Selling stat. That would explain why he accidentally shot up in Pop as well.</p>

<p>David Flair, I tried to push him enough so he could face Ric Flair for the world championship at Starrcade 2000. He began 2000 by winning the hardcore title and defending it until dropping it to Benoit in march. He spent from march to august in developmental. He returned in august to have a test match with his father which managed to get a 70. He won the world war 3 battle royale which managed to get a 79. His match at Starrcade managed to get a 73 but Ric got a crushed larynx. He then feuded with Curt Hennig until mercifully dropping the title at Super Brawl XI to DDP in a match also featuring Hollywood Hogan.</p><p> </p><p>

He's currently the subject of a de-push, which featured Daffney dumping him and Sid Vicious giving him a kayfabe shattered ankle. He's been off of tv for the last two and a half months.</p>

DDP. Tried to introduce him by putting him in a feud instantly for the IC title with Goldust (who puts up A's) and wasn't really getting good ratings at all. Even put the title on him and his performances didn't really go up with his pop. With the talent I have I don't really have a place for him and it sucks because I thought him/Sting were gonna put us over WCW in those national battles (this is from the Dawn of Attitude 1996 database btw).

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="StarsOverStalingrad" data-cite="StarsOverStalingrad" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43534" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>David Flair, I tried to push him enough so he could face Ric Flair for the world championship at Starrcade 2000. He began 2000 by winning the hardcore title and defending it until dropping it to Benoit in march. He spent from march to august in developmental. He returned in august to have a test match with his father which managed to get a 70. He won the world war 3 battle royale which managed to get a 79. His match at Starrcade managed to get a 73 but Ric got a crushed larynx. He then feuded with Curt Hennig until mercifully dropping the title at Super Brawl XI to DDP in a match also featuring Hollywood Hogan.<p> </p><p> He's currently the subject of a de-push, which featured Daffney dumping him and Sid Vicious giving him a kayfabe shattered ankle. He's been off of tv for the last two and a half months.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> What did you get his popularity to? And, knowing that it's David Flair, I assume that it didn't work because he's terrible but is it more of a 'wrong place, wrong time' type of thing?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43534" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What did you get his popularity to? And' date=' knowing that it's David Flair, I assume that it didn't work because he's terrible but is it more of a 'wrong place, wrong time' type of thing?[/quote']<p> </p><p> I think he started the year at 33 in most of the US, by August he was averaging 39 in most places. Average pop in the US was 43 when he won the title, since then he's managed to get to 47.</p></div></blockquote>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="StarsOverStalingrad" data-cite="StarsOverStalingrad" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43534" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think he started the year at 33 in most of the US, by August he was averaging 39 in most places. Average pop in the US was 43 when he won the title, since then he's managed to get to 47.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ouch, so he was at 47 pop in the US when he won the world title? Yeah I could see that tanking as I can only imagine that he got marginally better and didn't improve to be some ring general guru and it's weird that being the son of one of the most charismatic men, David inherited none of that, so he probably didn't even get a charisma or star quality boost. I do salute you for trying to push a guy that seems so relatively untalented and even sticking to it and getting as far as you did, it's crazy that you got him that far at all!</p>

Archived