If I want to keep a wrestler who is teetering on main event status as a secondary champion (in this case the WWF (using the '85 risky business mod) Intercontinental Title) even if they should be pushed as a low level main eventer, is it better to make the title a main event level or floating? I keep having to pass the title around because I give it to upper midcard guys and they get pushed to main event, but I'd like to have a longer term run for my current champ if possible.

<p>I like to keep the belt floating, myself. I just like the freedom I feel that I have. Also, it reminds me of RVD's TV Title run in ECW, where it became the most prestigious belt in the company. Of course, the plan was for RVD to go all Ultimate Warrior and take both belts, but legs have a habit of breaking.</p><p> </p><p>

But I personally prefer keeping it floating just for nostalgia sake, as well as earning that high prestige rating when it started letter grades below.</p>

<p>I've always wanted TEW to have an "Upper Midcard" setting for belts, specifically for big companies with large rosters where there can be as many as 20 guys stuck in that "too popular for midcard belts, not popular enough for the main title" wasteland.</p><p> </p><p>

For the specific case of the Intercontinental title in WWF/E, I'll actually set it as a Main Event title during certain historical mods (when guys like Savage and Warrior had it). It's perceived value really does fluctuate like mad though so Floating is probably appropriate in most situations.</p>

If I want to keep a wrestler who is teetering on main event status as a secondary champion (in this case the WWF (using the '85 risky business mod) Intercontinental Title) even if they should be pushed as a low level main eventer, is it better to make the title a main event level or floating? I keep having to pass the title around because I give it to upper midcard guys and they get pushed to main event, but I'd like to have a longer term run for my current champ if possible.

The IC title back then was a MAIN EVENT title. The purpose of it was that the World champ would top the card on A tours and the IC top billed the B tours. And with only 1hr of TV a week and 1 PPV a year that was 90% of the business. You don't give the IC title to The Big Bossman, you gave it Warrior or Savage because you need to sell out the Florida-Louisiana swing.

I've always wanted TEW to have an "Upper Midcard" setting for belts, specifically for big companies with large rosters where there can be as many as 20 guys stuck in that "too popular for midcard belts, not popular enough for the main title" wasteland.

I use the Floating status for that purpose.

As long as you book it strong enough itll work. Personally i like the idea of having two belts arguably be Main Event level. It provides a real "I'm coming for your lunch" stepping stone spot for your future ME's. Also I like the idea of the Main belt being called into question in terms of who really is the big fish. The man makes the belt after all.

I always use the IC title as a main event level title and give it to upper midcarders who I want to make the jump to the main event or low-level main eventers who I want too push a little more.

But I'm sure that 'floating' is also appropriate ;)

<p>The only title I use "floating" on, is my company's tag team titles...</p><p>

For my midcard title, I just leave it at that and just give it a main-eventer. Although he will wonder why he's holding it, he won't complain. And even though a midcard title can't pass 71 in prestige, the title matches can still score some high grades.</p>

Archived