Most Unexpected AI Alliance Title Change

When playing a game with an Alliance World Champion, what has been the craziest or most unexpected title change that occurred while your champion was defending the title in a different "territory".

Mine just happened in a 1991 RW Mod game. While defending the NWA World Title in CMLL, Ric Flair lost the title to Konan. I did not see that coming!!

My development territory put the title on an 18yo avatar-less rookie in his 3rd ever singles match (of which he won none).

Pretty shocking since I was calling up the champion pretty regularly on their off-days and pushing him.

<p>I don't think Konnan beating Flair in CMLL is much of a stretch, even in 1991. Konnan was Mexico's equivalent of Hulk Hogan, for some unknown reason.</p><p> </p><p>

I can't recall any outlandish title wins in my games. The lower feds never usually seem to do much. I would think, though, that the American Independent shows would get better match ratings, especially when they have just-released people from major federations working them.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hive" data-cite="Hive" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43569" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Sadly, nothing surprises me anymore in terms of dumb title changes by the AI.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I can only support that.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Henderson" data-cite="Henderson" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43569" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't think Konnan beating Flair in CMLL is much of a stretch, even in 1991. Konnan was Mexico's equivalent of Hulk Hogan, for some unknown reason.<p> </p><p> I can't recall any outlandish title wins in my games. The lower feds never usually seem to do much. I would think, though, that the American Independent shows would get better match ratings, especially when they have just-released people from major federations working them.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Konnan shared many of Hogan's characteristics. He was mildly attractive, he had great charisma/mic skills/star quality, and he worked his tail off in the beginning to really set himself apart.</p><p> </p><p> Konnan deserves the comparison in my opinion. </p><p> </p><p> Anyway, in a game I recently deleted, one of the AI promotions had Al Snow beat Sting for the NWA World Title. To say I was miffed is an understatement.</p>

Archived