Point of storylines

I'm playing as a perf>pop fed that doesn't have any storyline requirements, however, I always use them for organisational purposes so that if I stop a game for a while I can see what I was doing.

What I wanted to know is are there actually any benefits to using the storyline features when your company doesn't need them? I am sure I read that it has an impact on wrestler momentum, pop gains, match ratings etc. but can't remember for certain and don't seem to be able to find anything on it anymore.

If there are any benefits then do they only get added once the storyline is over? or can i remove them from the storyline and still get those benefits (if there are any benefits obviously)

<p>Just a quick example for what I mean for the second part of the question:</p><p> </p><p>

If I am booking Smackdown and I have AJ Styles as my champ and want him to have a long term feud with John Cena (though both will go off on other feuds for parts of the year). So I have Cena and AJ in the storyline and then after the first three months AJ moves onto Randy Orton and Cena goes onto The Miz so I add those two wrestlers to the storyline. Cena then wins the Rumble and so the final months see Cena and AJ go back to feuding. This means that Orton and Miz arent part of the storyline anymore. So if I just remove them from the storyline once they are finished will they still get any benefits from being involved (if there are any) or do I need to end the whole storyline for them to get the benefits?</p>

<p>I think you'll get bonuses for matches where a hot storyline is involved, so they can improve match ratings.</p><p> </p><p>

But I usually play pop>perf companies with a focus on mainstream, so I don't know if this also counts if you have no storyline requirements.</p>

It's very simple: Just do them.

There's no drawback to booking storylines, and a number of benefits of doing them, most notably changes in momentum. If you're not interested in three month storylines, even one month storylines have some benefit.

As I said I would use them even if there were no benefits as it helps me to come back to a game and know what I was planning. My main point is what are the benefits and whether you get them by just removing a worker from a storyline or you only get it from ending the entire storyline.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="woody316" data-cite="woody316" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43628" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>As I said I would use them even if there were no benefits as it helps me to come back to a game and know what I was planning. My main point is what are the benefits and whether you get them by just removing a worker from a storyline or you only get it from ending the entire storyline.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Benefits come as the storyline progresses. Momentum gain is the main advantage.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BrokenCycle" data-cite="BrokenCycle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43628" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>.....If you're not interested in three month storylines, even one month storylines have some benefit.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Is 3 months the norm? Recommended? Max?</p><p> </p><p> I just found that comment interesting as I normally just keep a storyline going until at least 1 of the major workers (usually the one I want to push) is at Fantastic, and the other major worker is at least Great.</p><p> </p><p> I'm currently playing with the Eye of the storm mod (1992) and will definately have stories going on longer than 3 months due to the narrative. Could that cause problems?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="redhilleagle" data-cite="redhilleagle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43628" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is 3 months the norm? Recommended? Max?<p> </p><p> I just found that comment interesting as I normally just keep a storyline going until at least 1 of the major workers (usually the one I want to push) is at Fantastic, and the other major worker is at least Great.</p><p> </p><p> I'm currently playing with the Eye of the storm mod (1992) and will definately have stories going on longer than 3 months due to the narrative. Could that cause problems?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Storylines can go as long as you want. I had a tag team breakup storyline that went on for over a year and maintained A-A* heat the entire time. I've never seen a storyline lose heat or other benefits from going on too long as long as you keep advancing it.</p>

If a person is involved in a storyline but is not present on screen or is not rated in an angle, does this still count as one of the four segments that they need to be part of to gain bonuses? (As stated in-game)

Archived