Too popular for own good?

Im a cult size company , I am trying to build up a good roster. It seems any one that has a popularity of A will not want to join my company because they think they are above it. And I get that

Now 2 of my top wrestlers has a pop of A in all of USA. when their contract expires will they not sign with me because they are to big for me?

One of them came in D+ and I pushed them so hard they are now A. would be messed up if they left the people who made them big lol. I mean I guess I could always bring them down by losing a lot. But would rather not.

<p>If somebody is leaving the company you want your workers to go over them anyway. So I would do that. Also if they come down enough in pop they may re negotiate.</p><p> </p><p>

You then them get cheaper, sign them on a longer contract and push them again.</p><p> </p><p>

It's only like real life really</p>

I always struggle with cult companies. Problem is,as you stated that 2-3 workers get too popular for their own good, and cc means they will never job out again. Also, difference of popularity between top guy and and lower midcard is always more than 45-55. It makes it really tough to book.

I always struggle with cult companies. Problem is,as you stated that 2-3 workers get too popular for their own good, and cc means they will never job out again. Also, difference of popularity between top guy and and lower midcard is always more than 45-55. It makes it really tough to book.

Lol you are telling me! my main guys are A to B- , upper C+ - C- and mid and lower mid cards are like E+ - E lmao

Question. Did you start at Cult or rise to that level? I'm going to guess the former since normally your roster's popularity tends to rise as a result of going up in size. If you're Cult, why didn't you lock these guys down before they got to A popularity? That's the balancing act of Cult. Besides managing the finances, you also have to manage your workers' popularity. Here's a storyline that might help in the interim.

Remember Shelton Benjamin vs Triple H from 2004? Midcarder getting wins over main eventer (and top heel) over a period of time. In the end, Triple H wasn't really harmed much (since most of the wins were flukes. Basically flash pinfalls, in TEW terms) but for a short time, Shelton was elevated a little bit. In TEW, you could do something similar. Add the Story Telling style to their matches and use flash pinfalls with the main eventer having the 'keep strong' note. Have the lower carder cut some promos on the main eventer to offset the momentum damage from the post-match beatdowns from the heel (assuming you choose to use an actual storyline for the program). This program would allow you to bleed some popularity from the main eventer while at the same time elevating a lower card worker (though obviously you should probably lock that lower card worker up to a long term written deal before starting). You might wind up with a B pop main eventer and (another) C/C+ lower card worker.

But really, if finances allow, you should try to lock your aces (current and/or future) up to long term written deals as soon as possible at Cult.

Remianen, just a question, Main eventers in the question are furious to job out to anyone other than each other even after they are kept strong, such is their popularity.

The workers in the question is too good to lose in a furious tantrum just because I made him job to some midcarder on TV. Main eventers are signed up for years to come, so that is not a problem.What is your suggestion on this?

Asking this, as it may also help the op.

Remianen, just a question, Main eventers in the question are furious to job out to anyone other than each other even after they are kept strong, such is their popularity.

The workers in the question is too good to lose in a furious tantrum just because I made him job to some midcarder on TV. Main eventers are signed up for years to come, so that is not a problem.What is your suggestion on this?

Asking this, as it may also help the op.

Multi-man matches may work. Throw in someone more popular than the low carder but less popular than the main eventer and have them take the pinfall. The low carder should get a bit of a bump (though much less than the direct route) and the main eventer will lose much less overness but they should still lose some. TEW is almost zero sum when it comes to balance. If someone's gaining, someone else is losing (match-wise).

One thing I forgot to consider is personality. An egotistical and/or selfish type is much less likely to accept losses (ANY losses). I've had Fuyuko Higa complain about losing to someone with almost four times her popularity (Higa-5, Charity Sweet-19).

But one thing I can suggest for the longer term is to even out your popularities a bit. I tend to have at least one worker (and often up to three) bounce between upper midcarder and main eventer, depending on who they're working with (and the results they're getting). This helps in a few ways. First, it allows you to have instant replacements for people who leave/are poached. Secondly, it allows for your top two card levels (upper midcarder and main eventer) to beat each other with few problems (often due to personality). You even out popularities by cross-pollination. It's one reason I use stables so much. Throw a promising youngster into some role in your hottest storyline. Have your most capable and/or over worker mingle with the plebes every now and then. Make your fans care about the midcarder you're preparing to push by associating them with someone they already care about. My ideal situation is to have a bit of a gulf between midcard and upper midcard so I can run main eventer vs midcarder matches on TV and get good grades to save my ME-ME and ME-UM matches for PPV.

Question. Did you start at Cult or rise to that level? I'm going to guess the former since normally your roster's popularity tends to rise as a result of going up in size. If you're Cult, why didn't you lock these guys down before they got to A popularity? That's the balancing act of Cult. Besides managing the finances, you also have to manage your workers' popularity. Here's a storyline that might help in the interim.

Remember Shelton Benjamin vs Triple H from 2004? Midcarder getting wins over main eventer (and top heel) over a period of time. In the end, Triple H wasn't really harmed much (since most of the wins were flukes. Basically flash pinfalls, in TEW terms) but for a short time, Shelton was elevated a little bit. In TEW, you could do something similar. Add the Story Telling style to their matches and use flash pinfalls with the main eventer having the 'keep strong' note. Have the lower carder cut some promos on the main eventer to offset the momentum damage from the post-match beatdowns from the heel (assuming you choose to use an actual storyline for the program). This program would allow you to bleed some popularity from the main eventer while at the same time elevating a lower card worker (though obviously you should probably lock that lower card worker up to a long term written deal before starting). You might wind up with a B pop main eventer and (another) C/C+ lower card worker.

But really, if finances allow, you should try to lock your aces (current and/or future) up to long term written deals as soon as possible at Cult.

As I said in OP. "One of them came in D+". Lol I had no idea that they would blow up like they did. I still have 2 years left with both of them be for contract is up. So I guess I have some time to make it work.

Also I started this game as Cult. my (rock hard) save got corrupted the sec i got to cult ( no way I was doing that again). So I re-set and made a cult company.

I wanted to know at the end of the contract, if they are "very happy" but are still bigger than the company , will they sign with you or say "I think im to big" ?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="alexvesco" data-cite="alexvesco" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I wanted to know at the end of the contract, if they are "very happy" but are still bigger than the company , will they sign with you or say "I think im to big" ?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think that depends on their personality. But if they do leave, if no one picks them up, they'll be willing to talk about coming back after roughly six months. Sometimes I forget I have privilege, working with women. If someone leaves me due to being too popular, they can't go anywhere else. Neither USPW nor NOTBPW will shell out the kind of cash required to sign a female worker at A/A* popularity.</p>

<p>One of the main issues with this is the hiring AI of other companies, too. It's really bad. </p><p> </p><p>

I was playing with MAW as regional size, and a lot of my top workers were B's in popularity. No one bit on these workers, despite the fact that they would be upper midcarders at least.. It's insane.</p>

Archived