Noah The Reborn (Pro Wrestling Noah Diary)

http://pm1.narvii.com/5901/7c924e0bf549e15da6c185a7faa81eaaeb3868d9_hq.jpg

Once a promotion that had all the momentum in the world with their brilliant mix of Young Midcarders that had massive potential like KENTA, Marufuji, Morishima, Shiozaki, and Ishimori along with the legends that sold out crowds for them like Kobashi, Akiyama, Kensuke Sasaki, and The founder of the promotion (IMO the greatest wrestler of all time) Mitsuharu Misawa, Noah was on top of the world until...

the unfortunate passing of Misawa on June 13th, 2009. It was the first of many blows to Pro Wrestling Noah. During the same year, Noah lost their TV Show slot on Nippon TV. Blow #3 came when in March 2012, it was revealed that Noah management had ties to a Yakuza crime syndicate, which resulted in the promotion demoting General Manager Ryu Nakata and Counselor Haruka Eigen and enforcing new anti-Yakuza protocols; Noah also lost its TV show as part of the fallout.

Blow #4 was releasing Kenta Kobashi due to his demands for his pay increase (Although Kobashi returned to wrestle his retirement match) because of this release, a small excursion occurred with Jun Akiyama leading a band of wrestlers who would not resign with Noah but rather sign with rival fed AJPW.

And finally, the Blow #5 came in the form of Takeshi Morishima's retirement who was forced to leave the world of wrestling due to problems with his blood.

What is Noah now? It's the eternal 3rd place promotion in Japan with no TV Show like Dragon Gate and AJPW and no streaming service like #1 Japanese promotion New Japan Pro Wrestling but many are saying that this will be the comeback year for the Emerald Dynasty. A strong locker room of veteran wrestlers like Shiozaki, Marufuji, Yone, Takayama, Ishimori, and Tanaka along with rising stars such as Kenou, Masa Kitayama, and young lions of tomorrow they seem to be heading to top and leading the way is probably NOAH's equal to Kazuchika Okada, the current reigning and defending GHC Heavyweight Champion Katsuhiko Nakajima.

(A/N: Welcome to those that have found my NOAH Dynasty. This will be a tough challenge for me to run my favorite Japanese Promotion (Not named Dragon Gate). Hopefully, you stick around for the ride. Also my next post will have all the goals I would like to accomplish with NOAH.)

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="font-size:24px;">Champions</span></strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

GHC Heavyweight Championship</strong></p><p><strong>

Holder: Katsuhiko Nakajima (first reign)</strong></p><p><strong>

Prestige: B-</strong></p><p><strong>

Previous Champion (since diary started): None</strong></p><p><strong>

Defenses (since diary started): 0</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

GHC Tag Team Championship</strong></p><p><strong>

Holders: Maybach Taniguchi (4) & Naomichi Marufuji (3) (NOTE: This is their first reign together)</strong></p><p><strong>

Prestige: D</strong></p><p><strong>

Defenses (since diary started): 0</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

GHC Jr. Heavyweight Championship</strong></p><p><strong>

Holder: Hajime Ohara</strong></p><p><strong>

Prestige: D+</strong></p><p><strong>

GHC Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team</strong></p><p><strong>

Holders: HI69 & Taiji Ishimori</strong></p><p><strong>

Defenses (since diary started): 0</strong></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="font-size:24px;">Tournaments</span></strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

Global League</strong></p><p><strong>

Previous Winner: Minoru Suzuki</strong></p><p><strong>

Prestige: D+</strong></p><p><strong>

Held in November</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

Global Junior League</strong></p><p><strong>

Previous Winner: Daisuke Harada (Back in 2015)</strong></p><p><strong>

Held in August</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

Global Tag League</strong></p><p><strong>

Previous Winner: Naomichi Marufuji & Toru Yano</strong></p><p><strong>

Held in MayJune (NOTE: This tournament has already finished before I started this diary but I want to book it in my way, so it's been pushed back to June)</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

(Another Note: I'm not having a Jr. Tag Title Tourney since I need to hire way too many people.)</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong>[/center]</p>

<p>Kawada Signs With Noah!!!</p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://www.f4wonline.com/sites/www.f4wonline.com/files/field/image/won_preview.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://68.media.tumblr.com/5a5b66d05c4daeb80a7016974784b69a/tumblr_mwm5s5aQfN1qj1jhno2_500.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p>

Breaking news out of Japan as Toshiaki Kawada has been hired to replace NJPW wrestler Jado as Head Booker of Pro Wrestling NOAH. Toshiaki Kawada was one of the many people who stayed after the Noah excursion. Many of us here at WON think it's a good call as Kawada's knowledge of the style that NOAH is known for Ark Style or Modified King's Road may help him lead NOAH. Only time will tell if Kawada is capable of running his former rival's promotion.</p>

<p>NOAH Navigation with Breeze Predictions</p><p> </p><p>

WON Report</p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://www.f4wonline.com/sites/www.f4wonline.com/files/field/image/won_preview.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

NOAH Navigation with Breeze 2017</p><p> </p><p>

The last event before Toshiaki Kawada and his NOAH roster enter into Global Tag League tour. The show will be main evented by Nakajima vs Takayama for the GHC Heavyweight Title live from the Korakuen Hall. Along with for this event will be the debut of Impact's James Storm representing his home promotion for this event and he's going to be facing "NOAH's Genius" Naomichi Marufuji and finally for the semi-main one of the biggest grudge matches in NOAH History. Takeshi Sugiura vs Go Shiozaki collide for one last time, Akira Taue released a statement saying that this feud has to end and it WILL end at Navigation with Breeze.</p><p> </p><p>

------------------------------------------------------------------------</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p>CARD FOR PREDICTION</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

1. Katsuhiko Nakajima ©vs Yoshihiro Takayama for the GHC Heavyweight Title</p><p>

2. Final Grudge Match: Go Shiozaki vs Takeshi Sugiura</p><p>

3. Impact vs NOAH: James Storm vs Naomichi Marufuji</p><p>

4. HI69 & Taiji Ishimori © vs Gedo & Jado for the GHC Junior Tag Title</p><p>

5. Hajime Ohara © vs Kenou for the GHC Tag Title</p><p> </p><p>

Tie Breaker Questions </p><p>

1. Match Of The Night?</p><p>

2. Will anyone debut or return?</p><p>

3. How many new champs do you think will be crowned?</p>

<p>1. <strong>Katsuhiko Nakajima ©</strong>vs Yoshihiro Takayama for the GHC Heavyweight Title</p><p>

2. Final Grudge Match: <strong>Go Shiozaki </strong>vs Takeshi Sugiura</p><p>

3. Impact vs NOAH: James Storm vs<strong> Naomichi Marufuji</strong></p><p>

4.<strong> HI69 & Taiji Ishimori © </strong>vs Gedo & Jado for the GHC Junior Tag Title</p><p>

5. <strong>Hajime Ohara © </strong>vs Kenou for the GHC Tag Title</p><p> </p><p>

1. Match Of The Night? <strong>Nakajima/Takayama</strong></p><p>

2. Will anyone debut or return? <strong>No</strong></p><p>

3. How many new champs do you think will be crowned? <strong>None just yet</strong></p>

<p>I'm interesed in that. I tried to rebuild NOAH myself but...well, let's just forget that.</p><p> </p><p>

1. <strong>Katsuhiko Nakajima ©</strong> vs Yoshihiro Takayama for the GHC Heavyweight Title</p><p>

2. Final Grudge Match: <strong>Go Shiozaki</strong> vs Takeshi Sugiura</p><p>

3. Impact vs NOAH: James Storm vs <strong>Naomichi Marufuji</strong></p><p>

4. <strong>HI69 & Taiji Ishimori ©</strong> vs Gedo & Jado for the GHC Junior Tag Title</p><p>

5. Hajime Ohara © vs <strong>Kenou</strong> for the GHC Tag Title</p><p> </p><p>

1. Match Of The Night? <strong>Marufuji vs. Storm</strong></p><p>

2. Will anyone debut or return? <strong>I don't know much about NOAH, so..</strong></p><p>

3. How many new champs do you think will be crowned? <strong>1</strong></p>

<p>I am so down for this!</p><p>

if you're looking for young talent go after the Wrestle-1 roster. I always thought Shotaro Ashino would be great in the new hard hitting NOAH.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

1. <strong>Katsuhiko Nakajima</strong> ©vs Yoshihiro Takayama for the GHC Heavyweight Title</p><p>

4. <strong>HI69 & Taiji Ishimor</strong>i © vs Gedo & Jado for the GHC Junior Tag Title</p><p>

5. <strong>Hajime Ohara</strong> © vs Kenou for the GHC Tag Title</p><p> </p><p>

1. Match Of The Night? Storm/Marufuji</p><p>

2. Will anyone debut or return? Yes</p><p>

3. How many new champs do you think will be crowned? None</p>

NOAH was my first exposure to puroresu thanks to KENTA, Kobashi, Morishima, and of course Misawa. I don't follow them at all nowadays, but your intro post has gotten me interested in looking it up again.

1. Katsuhiko Nakajima ©vs Yoshihiro Takayama for the GHC Heavyweight Title

2. Final Grudge Match: Go Shiozaki vs Takeshi Sugiura

3. Impact vs NOAH: James Storm vs Naomichi Marufuji

4. HI69 & Taiji Ishimori © vs Gedo & Jado for the GHC Junior Tag Title

5. Hajime Ohara © vs Kenou for the GHC Tag Title

Tie Breaker Questions

1. Match Of The Night? Shiozaki/Sugiura

2. Will anyone debut or return? No

3. How many new champs do you think will be crowned? None

<p>I'm in the same boat as Atticus, and was huge into NOAH in like 06-08. I actually did <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30503" rel="external nofollow">two NOAH diaries</a> (or like a few shows) on here <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24643" rel="external nofollow">10 YEARS AGO</a>, lol. Looks like I thought Kota Ibushi was named Ibushi Kota. Jeeze, I feel old.</p><p> </p><p>

I'm excited to see any other non-WWE dynasty to be honest, and will be reading along to provide as much useful feedback as possible.</p><p> </p><p>

Here's some quick tips: I'm a sucker for formatting, so feel free to steal the <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=536607" rel="external nofollow">layout I've used in my game</a> and copy it. I'd love to see tons of green in your posts! Also, 5 matches seems a bit short for a card, most shows have 7 or 8. Unless you are planning something else, I'd look into running a longer show.</p><p> </p><p>

Anyway, here are my picks:</p><p> </p><p>

1. <strong>Katsuhiko Nakajima</strong> ©vs Yoshihiro Takayama for the GHC Heavyweight Title</p><p>

4. <strong>HI69 & Taiji Ishimori</strong> © vs Gedo & Jado for the GHC Junior Tag Title</p><p>

5. Hajime Ohara © vs <strong>Kenou </strong>for the GHC Tag Title</p><p> </p><p>

1. Match Of The Night? <strong>Nakajima vs. Takayama</strong></p><p>

2. Will anyone debut or return? <strong>Yes, my guess is Jun Akiyama</strong></p><p>

3. How many new champs do you think will be crowned? <strong>1</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Good luck and keep it up!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="dean" data-cite="dean" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43704" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm in the same boat as Atticus, and was huge into NOAH in like 06-08. I actually did <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30503" rel="external nofollow">two NOAH diaries</a> (or like a few shows) on here <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24643" rel="external nofollow">10 YEARS AGO</a>, lol. Looks like I thought Kota Ibushi was named Ibushi Kota. Jeeze, I feel old.<p> </p><p> I'm excited to see any other non-WWE dynasty to be honest, and will be reading along to provide as much useful feedback as possible.</p><p> </p><p> Here's some quick tips: I'm a sucker for formatting, so feel free to steal the <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=536607" rel="external nofollow">layout I've used in my game</a> and copy it. I'd love to see tons of green in your posts! Also, 5 matches seems a bit short for a card, most shows have 7 or 8. Unless you are planning something else, I'd look into running a longer show.</p><p> Good luck and keep it up!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well, that's not counting the Young Lions and their squashes.</p>

Event: NOAH Navigation with Breeze 2017

Attendance: 1,300 fans

Rating: B-

Total Runtime: 125 minutes or 2hrs and 20 mins

Ref for the night: Tommy Ibaraki (New signing)

Announcers: Kazuo Yamazaki and Shinji Yoshino

(NOTE: I did not include the young lion matches because I didn’t think it would be worth giving easy predictions where the vets would win lol. And for the PPV length, everything excluding Destiny has been lowered to a 2hrs and 30 min shows)

-----------------------------------------------------------

Masato Tanaka & Shotaro Ashino Defeated Mohammad Yone & Hitoshi Kumano when Tanaka pinned Kumano after a Sliding D

Note: Tanaka was free from his ZERO1 today and I sort of threw him into our opener. His abilities in the ring really did help out the match in the end. Also special thanks Larriko for the idea of signing Ashino

Length: 15 minutes

Rating: D+ (Tanaka was the star performer)

Momo No Seishun Tag (Daisuke Harada & Atsushi Kotege) defeated Masa Kitamiya & Maybach Taniguchi when Harada pinned Kitamiya with a Bridging German Suplex

Post-match: After the match Harada and Kotege pointed to Maybach and said that they are entering Global Tag League this year and told him and Marufuji to keep those GHC Tag Team belts warm for them.

Note: I sort of kept Maybach strong throughout the match as I wanted to protect one half of my tag champs before the big Global Tag League.

Length: 12 minutes (match) and 2 minutes (callout)

Rating: D- (Match) E+ (callout)

-------------------------------------------------------

Hajime Ohara defeated Kenou and made defense number 3 of his GHC Jr. Heavyweight Title after he made Kenou submit to the Muy Bien (Single Leg Crab with Keylock).

Post-match: After Ohara was celebrating his win though, we see Eita Kobayashi from Dragon Gate Pro Wrestling enter the ring and challenge Ohara to a title shot in the near future. The GHC Jr. Heavyweight Champ said that he accepts the challenge

Note: I want to make Ohara drop the belt once I get better Jr. Heavyweights but for now it’s going to be him (****!!!) but meanwhile Eita’s debut went really well for me.

Length: 20 minutes (Match), 2 minutes (staredown)

Ratings: C- (Kenou was the star performer) C- (For the staredown)

--------------------------------------------------------

XX (Taiji Ishimori and Hi69) defeated World Class Tag Team (Gedo and Jado) and make defense after Ishimori pinned Gedo with a 450 Splash. XX make defense number 3 for their GHC Jr. Tag Titles

Note: This might be WCTT’s last match in NAOH as I don’t see the point of keeping two old dudes that both have broken down bodies but I want to know your opinion if I should keep WCTT. Along with them being here, both are apparently IWGP Jr Tag Champs over at Shin Nihon (NJPW for you Gaijins)

Length: 23 minutes

Rating: C+ (Gedo and Ishimori were the star performers)

--------------------------------------------------------

NOAH vs Impact Wrestling: “NOAH’s Genius” Naomichi Marufuji defeated “The Cowboy” James Storm when NOAH’s Genius pinned the Cowboy by hitting Ko-Oh (Bicycle Knee) then hitting an Emerald Flowsion on the Cowboy of Impact Wrestling.

Post-match: Both men had a handshake to show signs of respect.

NOTE: Marufuji continuing to prove why he’s the best wrestler on my roster with a great B rating match

Length: 25 minutes (match) and 2 minutes (handshake)

Ratings: B (Marufuji was the best performer of the night.) D (handshake)

----------------------------------------------------------

Final Grudge Match:”Gowan” Go Shiozaki defeated “The Killing Machine” Takeshi Sugiura with two BRUTAL Lariat in an insanely physical bout. The two men tore into each other and as the match went on, the younger Shiozaki got the upper hand.

Note: The final match of this rivalry did not disappoint but Marufuji vs Storm took the spotlight. Poor Shiozaki and Sugiura

Length: 30 minutes

Rating: C (Shiozaki was the performer of the match)

7. Main Event

Pre Match: As tradition in NOAH, a scroll was read for the Main Event. This time it was company president Akira Taue (Because I don’t know the actual person’s name) followed by the entrance of the Challenger first. A former GHC Heavyweight Champ, Yoshihiro Takayama who seemed focused for his big match. Next up was the defending champion, Katsuhiko Nakajima.

Match: "Ace Of NOAH" Katsuhiko Nakajima defeated "Iron Man Of Wrestling" Yoshihiro Takayama in the main event via Brainbuster in a stiff kick matchup. The protégé of Kensuke Sasaki makes defense number 5 of his title.

Post-Match: Go Shiozaki makes his way out and has a brief stare down before taking to Mic and giving us fans a history lesson on the rivalry their mentors Kenta Kobashi and Kensuke Sasaki had 12 or so years ago for the title that Nakajima is holding even including a tag match between Kobashi/Shiozaki vs Sasaki/Nakajima had back in 2005 and ending it all by finally requesting a title match for Summer Navigation followed by the fighting champion accepting Shiozaki’s challenge with a simple yes.

Note: Takayama held his bloody own in this main event, putting over Nakajima clean as a whistle, meanwhile Project “Ace Of Noah” is going well for me. Let’s just see how this feud with Shiozaki will go for our Ace.

Length: 5 minutes (pre-match), 30 minutes (match) and 5 minutes(post-match stuff with Shiozaki)

Rating: D- (pre-match), C+ (Match, Nakajima was the star performer) and C+ (Post-match)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congrats to Atticus for the 5 out of 5 predictions.

Tie Breaker Questions results:

MOTN? Marufuji/Storm

Debuts/Returns? Eita Kobayashi from Dragon Gate

Title changes? 0

Comments on the final show, I’d like to hear what you all thought of the show.

Also with Global Tag League coming soon, I would love to get suggestions on who could I include. Currently, I have working agreements with Impact, BJPW, AJPW, NJPW and Dragon Gate.

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://www.f4wonline.com/sites/www.f4wonline.com/files/field/image/won_preview.jpg</span></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

The 2017 Global Tag League has officially announced 16 teams participating in a new format. Toshiaki Kawada has announced that the Global Tag League will be in single elimination brackets tournament. With a left bracket along with a right bracket both containing 8 teams. 7 teams are representing promotions outside of NOAH because of the current state of the two tag divisions. Now let's give you run down of the Tag teams in this year's Global Tag League.</p><p> </p><p>

1. Representing<span style="color:#9ACD32;"> Pro Wrestling NOAH</span>, current GHC Tag Team Champions</p><p>

Maybach Taniguchi and Naomichi Marufuji</p><p> </p><p>

2. Representing <span style="color:#FFFF00;">Dragon Gate Wrestling</span></p><p>

Shingo Takagi and El Lindaman</p><p> </p><p>

3. Representing <span style="color:#FF8C00;">Big Japan Pro Wrestling</span></p><p>

Daisuke Sekimoto and Yuji Okabayashi</p><p> </p><p>

4. Representing <span style="color:#9ACD32;">Pro Wrestling NOAH</span>, former GHC Tag Team Champions</p><p>

Kenou and Takeshi Sugiura</p><p> </p><p>

5. Representing <span style="color:#9ACD32;">Pro Wrestling Noah</span></p><p>

Go Shiozaki and Masa Kitamiya</p><p> </p><p>

6. Representing <span style="color:#9ACD32;">Pro Wrestling NOAH</span>, former 5 times GHC Jr. Tag Team Champions </p><p>

Momo no Seishun Tag (Atsushi Kotege and Daisuke Harada)</p><p> </p><p>

7. Representing <span style="color:#9ACD32;">Pro Wrestling NOAH</span></p><p>

Masato Tanaka and Yoshihiro Takayama</p><p> </p><p>

8. Representing <span style="color:#AFEEEE;">the American Independents </span></p><p>

The Briscoe Brothers (Jay and Mark Briscoe)</p><p> </p><p>

9. Representing <span style="color:#FF0000;">New Japan Pro Wrestling</span></p><p>

TenKoji (Satoshi Kojima and Hiroyoshi Tenzan)</p><p> </p><p>

10. Representing <span style="color:#9ACD32;">Pro Wrestling NOAH</span></p><p>

Yoshinari Ogawa and Akitoshi Saito</p><p> </p><p>

11. Representing All Japan Pro Wrestling.</p><p>

Jun Akiyama and Kento Miyahara</p><p> </p><p>

12. Representing <span style="color:#9ACD32;">Pro Wrestling NOAH</span></p><p>

Current GHC Heavyweight Champion, Katsuhiko Nakajima and Mohammad Yone</p><p> </p><p>

13. Representing<span style="color:#9ACD32;"> Pro Wrestling NOAH</span></p><p>

Hitoshi Kumano and Shotaro Ashino</p><p> </p><p>

14. Representing <span style="color:#9ACD32;">Pro Wrestling NAOH's Jr Division</span>. Current GHC Jr. Tag Team Champions</p><p>

XX (Taiji Ishimori and Hi69)</p><p> </p><p>

14. Representing Impact Wrestling</p><p>

James Storm and Alberto El Patron</p><p> </p><p>

15. Representing <span style="color:#9ACD32;">Pro Wrestling NOAH and NOAH's Jr Division</span></p><p>

Toru Yano and Jado</p><p> </p><p>

16. Representing <span style="color:#FFFF00;">Dragon Gate</span></p><p>

YAMATO and BxB Hulk</p>

Archived