How to replicate WWE/NXT in TEW?

I haven't posted in a long, long time. I still love to play TEW from time to time and I love keeping my data up to date. I have a question as to how everyone replicates the WWE/NXT relationship.

We all know that NXT is essentially another brand for WWE, much more than being just a developmental camp, NXT is an established brand. I want to replicate that in my game without merging the two promotions. WWE is already set to have three brands... RAW, SmackDown Live, and 205 Live. I want to be able to have NXT champions defend their titles on big WWE shows as well as the crossover of stars like 205 Live has.

How does everyone else do this? Or do you just let it be?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lowki02" data-cite="lowki02" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43762" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I haven't posted in a long, long time. I still love to play TEW from time to time and I love keeping my data up to date. I have a question as to how everyone replicates the WWE/NXT relationship.<p> </p><p> We all know that NXT is essentially another brand for WWE, much more than being just a developmental camp, NXT is an established brand. I want to replicate that in my game without merging the two promotions. WWE is already set to have three brands... RAW, SmackDown Live, and 205 Live. I want to be able to have NXT champions defend their titles on big WWE shows as well as the crossover of stars like 205 Live has.</p><p> </p><p> How does everyone else do this? Or do you just let it be?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span style="font-family:Garamond;"><span style="font-size:14px;">In terms of the cross-over of stars, you can use the </span></span><span style="font-family:Garamond;"><span style="font-size:14px;"><strong>Borrow From Development</strong></span></span><span style="font-family:Garamond;"><span style="font-size:14px;"> feature to get them for one-night appearances whenever you want. However, if that isn't enough your best bet is re-naming the NXT promotion to something else (The Performance Centre being a pretty obvious choice) and bring all the previously-developmental guys up to the main roster. </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Garamond;"><span style="font-size:14px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Garamond;"><span style="font-size:14px;"> From there you can continue using the PC for wrestlers who are far away from being ready to debut, whilst creating NXT as a third brand with its own TV Show (get rid of the 205 Live! brand and simply sort your CWs into the Cruiserweight Division, allowing you to filter out people you don't want to use on the 205 Live! show.). </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Garamond;"><span style="font-size:14px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Garamond;"><span style="font-size:14px;"> With an NXT brand and show now set up, you can use the guys who </span></span><span style="font-family:Garamond;"><span style="font-size:14px;"><strong>are</strong></span></span><span style="font-family:Garamond;"><span style="font-size:14px;"> ready but who you haven't had time to debut yet (people like Roode, Ohno, Itami, etc). </span></span></p>

<p>I had a 2013 mod set up with NXT on TEW 2013, but never really got to play it before TEW 2016 came out. Then I accidentally overwrote the file and lost it. </p><p> </p><p>

This was prior to 205 Live, but I decided to have NXT as the third brand. It was not that accurate, but it allowed me to actually book NXT shows. the child company was the NXT Performance Center, with the idea that it was the equivalent of NXT house shows. I created a couple of non-belt titles for it - Top Prospect, things like that. </p><p> </p><p>

Now that TEW 2016 has Borrow from Development and you can give you child company TV deals on your broadcoaster.... I'm not sure I'd still set it up that way.</p>

<p>I never did this and I don't know if it really works, but my idea would be this:</p><p> </p><p>

- you have both companies as normal; NXT as a development territory</p><p>

- you have an alliance between both companies</p><p>

- all NXT Titles are alliance titles; you don't have a specific NXT Title.</p><p> </p><p>

This way you don't have to merge both companies, but you can put a NXT Title on your big WWE Show. The only problem is that I don't know how frequent your development brand will get a title holder for NXT to defend an alliance title.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="NarrZiss" data-cite="NarrZiss" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43762" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I never did this and I don't know if it really works, but my idea would be this:<p> </p><p> - you have both companies as normal; NXT as a development territory</p><p> - you have an alliance between both companies</p><p> - all NXT Titles are alliance titles; you don't have a specific NXT Title.</p><p> </p><p> This way you don't have to merge both companies, but you can put a NXT Title on your big WWE Show. The only problem is that I don't know how frequent your development brand will get a title holder for NXT to defend an alliance title.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks for all the replies! I tried this and it worked rather well as long as the originally owner for the NXT titles is the NXT promotion, it works. </p><p> </p><p> I have went ahead and made three separate companies under the WWE Entertainment Inc. umbrella and they are as such:</p><p> </p><p> WWE - Owned by Vince McMahon, all titles are alliance titles but owned by WWE. Has two brands, RAW and SmackDown Live.</p><p> </p><p> NXT - Owned and run by Triple H, all titles are alliance titles as well but owned by NXT. Has ownership of the Cruiserweight division. They run a weekly show and a monthly TakeOver on the WWE Network. It is set up as a child company rather than a developmental company.</p><p> </p><p> Women's Evolution (WE) - Owned and run by Stephanie. All females on the WWE/NXT roster have been transferred to this company. All titles are alliance titles as well, but owned by WE. Runs a weekly show on WWE Network.</p><p> </p><p> Hopefully this works the way I was hoping it would!</p>

Archived