Monday night era wars (Hype)

Monday Night Era Wars

As time goes on, wrestling fans new and old always talk about when 'wrestling was the best' The Monday wars pitted the biggest two companies in America head to head until the WWF took control of it enemy. Wrestling fans always talk about key moments of the time, which wrestlers could have been booked better, which wrestlers jumped ship.

in 2013 it is time to end the argument, because the WWF, WWE, WCW, TNA and ECW have all finally come head to head to battle it. which company will take top spot? which company will stay on top the longest? and which wrestler will become the greatest of all time?

i mentioned the other day a mod I was making for personal use. I asked on here and a couple of people pm'd me so when its done (to an acceptable level) I will put it on here.

Based on the old war of Immortals mod which I have converted from 2013.

As i played previous WOTI immortals games, i absolutely loved them. After a while i thought it would be great if you could use the different workers at different parts of their career. For example you can have WCW/NWO era without Scott Hall and Kevin Nash, but the WWF New Gen era was then left without two of its biggest starts, Razor and Diesel , so i thought to myself why cant we have both.

I have deleted all Mexican and Japanese companies and workers. Everything else is left in the game.

I have edited as follows

WWWF, WWF Classic, WWF New Gen, WWF Attitude, WWE Ruthless Aggression, WWE PG, WWe Reality, WCW, WCW/NWO, ECW and TNA

below is a current list of the workers I have edited/created and here are the things ive changed

- Age (to reflect that point in their career)

- Role & status (eg Mick Foley is a wrestler & later version is a non wrestler)

- Decline Age (I have been really strict with this)

- Loyalty (each worker set loyal to the company to keep them there)

- Body Type (eg earlier version of The Rock are muscular, later ones ripped)

- Business (Vince for example, has slight variation on each version)

- Contracts (each worker contracted to the correct company and era

- Physical (A young edge has high stats, but a later Edge is broken down)

- Popularity (again to reflect that point of their career)

- Skills (as above)

- Personality (the younger HBK wouldnt get on with the older HBK)

- Lifestyle (again to try and reflect that point in their career)

- Other Genres

- Alter Egos To match that point

I've tried to keep it so workers worked at least a year or two in each era. Ive tried to base each era based on the real life timescales, but have had to take into account I don't want to overload rosters.

I will post a list of workers i have edited so far and i will be looking at completing the major WWF/E, WCW rosters.

The idea is for all the workers to stay at the companies they are currently at and I have added loyalty to them all and lots of money. there are old, prime and young workers to give the game longevity.

If anyone wants to help me out I would welcome it, especially if they were to look the other american companies.

It is work in progress and will never be complete, but i will put it out there once I have the major companies finished.

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p>As i said before the data from the WOTI is carried over so all the rosters have all the same workers. I am only listing below workers I have edited.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">WWF Classic (Roughly 89 - 93)</span></strong></p><p>

Some of the greatest legends were around at this time, however were at the peak of their powers, some left, some got old, and the WWF entered the New Generation possibly one of their least popular times. Time time round nobody will be poaching the talent, without Hall and Nash, will Bret Hart and HBK lead you forward? or will keeping hulk hogan etc stop that transition?</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Workers so far</strong></p><p>

<strong>Top workers</strong> - Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Andre The Giant, Ultimate Warrior, Macho Man, Dusty Rhodes, Jake Roberts, Milion Dollar Man, Roddy Piper</p><p>

<strong>Near Future</strong> - Lex Luger, Sid Justice, The Undertaker, Rick Rude, Bret Hart, Ricky Steamboat, Bam Bam Bigelow, Mr Perfect</p><p>

<strong>Long term</strong> - Bulldog, Yokozuna, Big Boss Man Rick Steiner, Scott Steiner, HBK, Owen Hart, </p><p>

<strong>Other Wrestlers</strong> Jerry Lawler, Hawk, Animal, Bob Backlund</p><p>

<strong>Non Wrestlers</strong> - Vince McMahon, Jesse Ventura, Bobby heenan, Jimmy Snuka, Shane Mcmahon, Johnny Polo</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">WWF New Gen (Roughly 93 -96</span></strong>)</p><p>

Possibly one of the least popular time of the WWF, the major stars of the classic era have left, the future looked bleak. Younger stars were turned to. How will the New Generation hold against the rest? No need to worry about losing Diesel and Nash will those along with Bret and HBK be enough to keep them in the war? Just before WWF's arguably greatest period the Attitude Era, would keeping Bret, Diesel and Razor stop the Attitude talent coming through? </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Workers so far</strong> </p><p>

<strong>Top workers</strong> - Bret Hart, HBK, Diesel, Razor Ramon, Sycho Sid, The Undertaker, Lex Luger, Ultimate Warrior, Yokozuna, Vader </p><p>

<strong>Near Future</strong> - The Ringmaster, Dude Love, Owen Hart, Brian Pillman, Kane (as Isaac Yankem)</p><p>

<strong>Long term</strong> - HHH, Rocky Miavia, Goldust, Roadie, Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy</p><p>

<strong>Other wrestlers</strong> - Jake Roberts, Bam Bam, Farooq, Bob Backlund, Mr Perfect, British Bulldog, Million Dollar Man </p><p>

<strong>Non Wrestlers</strong> - Vince McMahon, Roddy Piper, Jerry Lawler, Shane Mcmahon, Sable, Sunny</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">WWF Attitude Era (97 - 01)</span></strong></p><p>

Possibly the greatest era of all time, when WWF won the war. The birth of some of the greatest names. How would they stand against the rest of the Era's? Many younger workers were at the top of their game in this period, but as the WWF took WCW over the roster was helped by new guys coming in. Will the Rock and Austin stay on the top long term? how long can the Attitude Era last before the younger workers need to come through?</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Top workers</strong> - Rock, Austin, HHH, Kurt Angle, Undertaker, Mankind, Kane, Big Show</p><p>

<strong>Near Future</strong> - Jericho, Eddie Guerrero, Road Dogg, Chris Benoit, Ken Shamrock, Brian pillman, Edge, Goldust, Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, Bubba Ray Dudley, </p><p>

<strong>Long term</strong> - Brock Lesnar, Randy Orton, Batista, John Cena, Bryan Danielson</p><p>

<strong>Other wrestlers</strong> - Farooq, Vader, Hawk, Animal, Raven, British Bulldog, Big Bossman, Tazz</p><p>

<strong>Non Wrestlers</strong> - Sunny, Sable, Michael Cole, Jerry Lawler, Vince McMahon, Stephanie McMahon, HBK (is injured for 3 years, can be used in angles)</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Ruthless Aggression (around 02 - 8ish)</span></strong></p><p>

The time the companies came together, lots of talent, to big of a roster. Will the size of the roster stop young talent coming through? Thought of as the last great period the WWF had, how long can you keep this up for? will you go PG?</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Top workers</strong> - Rock, Hulk, Stone Cold, HHH, Angle, Goldberg, Eddie Guerrero, Ric Flair, Scott Hall, John Cena, HBK, Undertaker, Jericho, Brock Lesnar, Scott Steiner, Kevin Nash, Booker T, Edge, Chris Benoit</p><p>

<strong>Near Future</strong> - Randy Orton, Batista, RVD, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Bobby Lashley, Matt Hardy</p><p>

<strong>Long term</strong> - CM Punk, Bryan Danielson</p><p>

<strong>Other wrestlers</strong> - Farooq, Kane, Big Show, Mick Foley, Raven, DDP, Curt Hennig, Goldust, Bubba Ray,</p><p>

<strong>Non Wrestlers</strong> - Paul Heyman, Michael Cole, Jerry Lawler, Tazz, Shane Mcmahon, Ted DiBiase, Vince McMahon, Eric Bischoff, Stephanie McMahon, Sable, Ricky Steamboat</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">WWE PG (08ish - 15)</span></strong></p><p>

The PG era lost a lot of it 'attitude' and 'Ruthless Agression' fans. Most of the stars from the Invasion era had left. We saw lots of John Cena, with a lot of younger workers coming through. Will you rely on the leftovers of the Ruthless Agression? or go down the route of young wrestlers? Will you keep the PG rating?</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Events only</strong> - Rock (Events), Brock Lesnar, Undertaker, Ric Flair</p><p>

<strong>Top workers</strong> - Cena, Orton, HHH, Jericho, Edge, CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Sheamus </p><p>

<strong>Near Future</strong> - </p><p>

<strong>Long term</strong> - </p><p>

<strong>Other wrestlers</strong> - Rey Mysterio, Kane, Big Show, Goldust,</p><p>

<strong>Non Wrestlers</strong> - Paul Heyman, Michael Cole, Jerry Lawler Vince McMahon, Steph Mcmahon, Booker T, Stone Cold (events), Ricky Steamboat.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">WWF Reality (16 - present)</span></strong></p><p>

The PG Era didnt seem to work out like it could have. The WWE moved toward a new era, Bringing back old wrestlers? using NXT? A mix of old and new. Will it challenge the other Era's?</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Events Only</strong> - Brock Lesnar, Sting, Goldberg, Undertaker</p><p>

<strong>Top workers</strong> - John Cena, Orton, HHH, Aj Styles, Sheamus</p><p>

<strong>Near Future</strong> - </p><p>

<strong>Long term</strong> -</p><p>

<strong>Other wrestlers</strong> - Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, Kane, Big Show, Goldust</p><p>

<strong>Non Wrestlers</strong> - Vince McMahon, Jericho, Kurt Angle, The Rock events), Mick Foley, Steph Mcmahon, Michael Cole, Jerry Lawler, Paul Heman, Shane Mcmahon, Ricky Steamboat, Road Dogg</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">WWWF (time period up to the late 80's)</span></strong></p><p>

As the games will be mostly 90's onward wrestlers The WWWF is basically anyone who is in game from the beginning of the WWWF to the late 80's WWF, some of the popular 90's wrestlers find themselves in their early stages here. Wrestlemania started in this period and the big Andre v Hulk.</p><p> </p><p>

Workers so far</p><p>

<strong>Top workers</strong> - Hulk Hogan, Andre The Giant, Roddy Piper, Jesse Ventura, Bob Backlund, Jimmy Snuka, Bam Bam, Jake Roberts</p><p>

<strong>Near Future</strong> - Randy Savage, British Bulldog, Terry Funk</p><p>

<strong>Long term</strong> - Curt Hennig</p><p>

<strong>Non Wrestlers</strong> - Vince McMahon, Bobby heenan</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">WCW Classic (late 80's - 95/6)</span></strong></p><p>

WCW was for many years a great competition. Any former WCW fan will tell you it was better that WWF/E. Before the Monday Night Wars, it had some fantastic talent. Some made by the company, some brought from the WWF. Some wrestlers were overlooked at this time and although contracted to WCW in the early days, moved to the WWF and made a name for themselves. With some of the greatest wrestlers of all time, will they compete with the rest? </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Top workers</strong> - Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Rick Rude, Vader, Randy Savage, Dusty Rhodes, Sting, Sid Vicious, Ricky Steamboat,</p><p>

<strong>Near Future</strong> - Lex Luger, Dustin Rhodes, Hawk, Animal, Big Bossman, DDP, Cactus Jack, </p><p>

<strong>Long term</strong> - Stunning Steve Austin, Rick Steiner, Brian Pillman, Diamond Studd (Hall) The Giant, Scott Steiner, Rey Mysterio, Marcus Bagwell, Chris Benoit, Terra Ryzing (HHH), Vinnie Vegas (Nash)</p><p>

<strong>Other wrestlers</strong> - Ron Simmonds, Terry Funk,</p><p>

<strong>Non Wrestlers</strong> - Paul E Dangerously, Ted Turner, Eric Bischoff, Bobby Heenan, Ted DiBiase</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">WCW/NWO (1997 - End)</span></strong></p><p>

The NWO era. Seen by some as the greatest and worst part of wrestling history. The NWO formed, WCW went head to head with WWF and were winning the wars. What happened after that some believe ruined wrestling. How will the NWO era do in a test against the rest? without some apparent criminally underused wrestler moving to the WWF, will they be brought to the top of the card to help win the wars?</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Top workers</strong> - Hulk, Sting, Hall, Nash, Flair, Goldberg, Scott Steiner, Savage, Bret Hart, DDP, Sid Vicious, Lex Luger, The Giant</p><p>

<strong>Near Future</strong> - Booker T, Buff Bagwell, Brian Pillmanm Rey Mysterio</p><p>

<strong>Long term</strong> - Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Eddie Guerrero</p><p>

<strong>Other wrestlers</strong> - Davey Boy Smith, Curt Hennig, Rick Steiner, Rick Rude, Bam Bam, Warrior, Raven, Guardian Angel</p><p>

<strong>Non Wrestlers</strong> - Ted Turner, Eric Bishcoff, Roddy Piper, Dusty Rhodes, Ted Di Biase</p><p> </p><p>

The following two are not companies i intend on completing, however will be filled with versions of wrestlers ive already created</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">ECW (entire period)</span></strong></p><p>

The ECW didn't seem to be around for long. Also credited as the place hardcore wrestling caught on. Money problems and popularity meant they couldn't hold onto workers for long. This time though, the workers are prepared to stay. There is more cash available. Some major stars worked for the ECW before they made it big.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Workers included</strong> Terry Funk, Bam Bam, Jimmy Snuka, Raven, Tazmaniac, Cactus Jack, Bubba Ray, Chris Benoit, RVD, Paul E Dangerously</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">TNA (entire period)</span></strong></p><p>

Formed after the WCW and ECW were taken over. Provided an alternative to the WWE, lesser know and had less cash, if the workers are prepared to stay and money isnt an issue, how would the TNA roster throughout its entire lifespan compete with the rest?</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Workers included</strong> Kurt Angle, Sting, Raven, Hall, Scott Steiner, Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, Booker T, Bobby Lashley, Bully Ray, BG James, Nash, Black Reign (Goldust), AJ Styles, Mick Foley, RVD, Rick Steiner, Animal, Taz, Eric Bischoff</p></div><p></p><p></p>

<p>I could do with one or two people testing it at the stage it's at. </p><p> </p><p>

I just want someone to have a play with one or two of the companies I have edited workers for to make sure the workers aren't too overpowered etc. I don't want to finish it and then have to come back and change the whole way I've I've done the stats.</p><p> </p><p>

Pm me if interested</p>

Just updated the list. If anyone further wants to test the game PM me. It will be a while before its finished but im testing it as I go along.

Also if anyone sees a worker missing from a certain company/era whos already listed eg (Stone Cold is listed but not in ECW). Please let me know.

There are certain wrkers I have left out on purpose, Stone Cold in ECW is an example due to:

The length of time he spent there V The impact of putting him in would have

Due to the stature of Austin and the little impact he had i thought it would spoil the game if i put him in.

However for anyone left out. If there is a strong enough case I will consider putting them in. (Maybe an under powered version of Austin)

Archived