Ad redirects yet again

On mobile I'm getting near constant ad redirects with a pop up I can't get out of without it sending me to the app store. The url has brickages in it. Not sure what else as I'm not using mobile to come to the site again until it's fixed.

• 3 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MrCreative" data-cite="MrCreative" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43807" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Promotefine is the name of the ad that keeps redirecting Jaysin, Arlie.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> this is what I'm getting, will screenshot nextime</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Arlie Rahn" data-cite="Arlie Rahn" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43807" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Have you had any issues in the past few days? I've checked with three people having issues and all have said it is better. I'm not sure what "shutting down your browser" with an ad blocker means though. Are there still ads messing with you?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I have an ad blocker on my PC which is why I couldn't get re-directs as that's one of the things that those do (thus why most of the time the people struggling are trying via mobile phone, not computer). It literally would work for 3-5 seconds and then freeze with the very top of the screen showing (Mozilla Firefox is Not Responding) with the blue spinning donut. That would be there for 10-20 seconds or so, and then the whole thing would rinse and repeat.</p><p> </p><p> It eventually followed me to another web page so I had to shut the browser down completely and relaunch it to stop the problem. I wonder if it isn't something triggered by Facebook because I almost never check that before coming here, but I had that day. <strong>And I haven't had the problem since I shut the browser down and reloaded that night</strong>, but I have made sure to come here before going to FB or shut the browser down first in-between.</p>

Guys, I cut off using one of our ad providers because they kept sending the mobile redirects (even though I asked them multiple times to block them). So, I'm trying out some newer groups that are supposedly less intrusive. Let me know if you see any issues. One of them has a footer that appears on the bottom - but it shouldn't block the forum.

Thanks again for all your patience!

The bottom one is part of the new ad service I'm using. First, you can close it by clicking the "X" to the left of the ad. And second, it should always stay at the bottom and not block your screen (if you don't want to close it).

I'm trying to find a nice balance and I think having an ad the resides at the bottom of the screen (and can be closed) is better than the extremely annoying mobile redirect ones.

All that said, I'm just trying this out for a few days to see. I can eventually remove it if it bothers people too much.

While I understand that you guys need a revenue stream, these ads are extremely annoying. The popup comes back every time you switch a page. It makes cycling through threads and subthreads awful. It wouldn't be as bad if you could close it out once per visit to GDS as a whole but checking in on multiple diaries, or various threads under "general discussions" is not a great experience as currently constituted.

Archived