Anyone know if overness caps are fixed for each worker regardless of alignment and gimmick? Or will a face/heel turn and better gimmick help someone to get more over?

I have a couple of guys I've stalled with and I'm wondering if it's best to just accept them as upper midcarders or to try something else.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43830" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>They are unrelated to disposition or gimmick.<p> </p><p> Please note that there's a Small Questions thread pinned above that should be used for queries like this rather than created separate threads.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Thanks for the reply and next time I have a question like this, I'll post it in that thread.</p><p> </p><p> Just to clarify this though. You're saying that if a worker isn't getting over with the current gimmick/alignment that they're never going to get over no matter how many times I reboot them? If, for example, a guy, let's call him Rocky Maivia, won't get above 50 overness as a white meat babyface, then that's as far as he'll ever go? A heel turn and gimmick change to an arrogant prick called the Rock wouldn't make any difference as his overness is already capped out? Am I understanding that correctly? If so, that's disappointing to say the least.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheChef" data-cite="TheChef" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43830" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thanks for the reply and next time I have a question like this, I'll post it in that thread.<p> </p><p> Just to clarify this though. You're saying that if a worker isn't getting over with the current gimmick/alignment that they're never going to get over no matter how many times I reboot them? If, for example, a guy, let's call him Rocky Maivia, won't get above 50 overness as a white meat babyface, then that's as far as he'll ever go? A heel turn and gimmick change to an arrogant prick called the Rock wouldn't make any difference as his overness is already capped out? Am I understanding that correctly? If so, that's disappointing to say the least.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think you can temporarily go above an overness cap. I also think it's linked to star quality. So if your worker manages to improve his star quality I think his overness cap changes. You would have to get that confirmed though.</p><p> </p><p> But from my experience I was using Bret hart in the 91 and he wouldn't go above a certain pop rating. His star quality changed (can't remember exactly what caused it to) and all of a sudden he was able to gain pop again</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheChef" data-cite="TheChef" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43830" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thanks for the reply and next time I have a question like this, I'll post it in that thread.<p> </p><p> Just to clarify this though. You're saying that if a worker isn't getting over with the current gimmick/alignment that they're never going to get over no matter how many times I reboot them? If, for example, a guy, let's call him Rocky Maivia, won't get above 50 overness as a white meat babyface, then that's as far as he'll ever go? A heel turn and gimmick change to an arrogant prick called the Rock wouldn't make any difference as his overness is already capped out? Am I understanding that correctly? If so, that's disappointing to say the least.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No, that isn't correct. You're confusing two different features.</p><p> </p><p> There is a "hard" overness cap that the person can never get past. This is unaffected by gimmicks or turns. Your example of The Rock would not apply to this as he would never get a low cap because it's liked to a worker's inherent charisma and star power. (This is assuming that the mod maker is competent and has given him appropriate stats.)</p><p> </p><p> There is a "soft" cap that can stop a worker getting over and that <em>is</em> related to gimmick and turns. So a worker with a poor gimmick or who is bad at his disposition will find it hard or impossible to get over due to them. In this case, a turn or gimmick change - assuming it works - would absolutely allow them to then get more popular. This would fit the Rocky Maivia to The Rock transformation.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43830" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>No, that isn't correct. You're confusing two different features.<p> </p><p> There is a "hard" overness cap that the person can never get past. This is unaffected by gimmicks or turns. Your example of The Rock would not apply to this as he would never get a low cap because it's liked to a worker's inherent charisma and star power. (This is assuming that the mod maker is competent and has given him appropriate stats.)</p><p> </p><p> There is a "soft" cap that can stop a worker getting over and that <em>is</em> related to gimmick and turns. So a worker with a poor gimmick or who is bad at his disposition will find it hard or impossible to get over due to them. In this case, a turn or gimmick change - assuming it works - would absolutely allow them to then get more popular. This would fit the Rocky Maivia to The Rock transformation.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Can a change in charisma and star power change the 'hard cap'? Also would a workers 'wrestling style' affect the cap?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43830" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>No, that isn't correct. You're confusing two different features.<p> </p><p> There is a "hard" overness cap that the person can never get past. This is unaffected by gimmicks or turns. Your example of The Rock would not apply to this as he would never get a low cap because it's liked to a worker's inherent charisma and star power. (This is assuming that the mod maker is competent and has given him appropriate stats.)</p><p> </p><p> There is a "soft" cap that can stop a worker getting over and that <em>is</em> related to gimmick and turns. So a worker with a poor gimmick or who is bad at his disposition will find it hard or impossible to get over due to them. In this case, a turn or gimmick change - assuming it works - would absolutely allow them to then get more popular. This would fit the Rocky Maivia to The Rock transformation.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Great, thanks for the explanation. That's what I was hoping for.</p>

Archived