NXT: American Strong Style

Ok, so I quasi attempted this kind of an idea with a diary about a week and a half ago using WWE and found that it was just to involved to run so many shows and I was overwhelmed. That led me to this idea that I will (hopefully) be sticking with for a few in game years.

Start Date-May 2017

Backstory- Triple H has broke ties with the WWE and been granted sole ownership of NXT wrestling. The change came about do to creative differences between Triple H and Vince McMahon. As part of the agreement, NXT was signed over to Triple H and will no longer function as a WWE Developmental territory. However, all wrestlers under contract with NXT must be released from their contracts and made free to sign with any company they choose. Additionally, all broadcasting deals have been made null and void. NXT is free to renegotiate with broadcasters and workers as it sees fit. Triple H has decided that it is time to bring Modern Puroresu to the United States and has begun scouring the world for talent to fill out his new roster. His goal? Turn Strong Style NXT into a national competitor to WWE.

Rules, Ideas and Fantasy Changes- So I will be playing pretty standard TEW rules. I am not putting any rules on free agent signings or anything like that. I wont be going crazy purging talent from other companies but I do not feel its necessary to apply any specific rules.

I have created an NXT Website that I will post news and shows to. I will put the link to that at the bottom of this post. I think it will add a bit of immersion for me and for anyone who wants to follow. I will update it fairly regularly as I go along. Its nothing crazy but I think it came out nice.

As for changes, I have edited NXT to be a cult level company and edited their starting cash to 5 Million. I want to be able to add a few written contracts and I have kayfabed it that Triple H has invested his own money to allow for that to happen. Its not realistic but screw it, its my game :)

I have also edited the contracts of AJ Styles and Samoa Joe so that they end on day 1. I have gone ahead and offered them both written contracts. I am not going to force them onto my roster but I thought a bidding war early on would be fun.

Community involvement- I really want to involve this community as much as possible. I am excited about getting this game going but I am even more excited about involving other people in certain decisions and the progression of the company. I am looking forward to doing predictions and other stuff along those lines.

First things first though. WE NEED A ROSTER! Kenny Omega has already signed a 5 year exclusive deal with us. We also have contract offers out to Styles, Samoa Joe, Chris Hero, Bobby Roode, Matt Riddle and a few other low level guys. I am doing a weight split so i will need a pretty significant roster of both heavyweights and juniors heavyweights. I am not going to be running a womens division yet. I just dont really know how to book women.

I need a few guys to build the company around but I also need mid to low level guys as well. I really would like to have my own kind of guys. I dont want to use the exact same rosters that ROH and PWG use. I dont mind a few guys from those promotions, especaially if i take them on written deals but I would like to keep my PPA deals from just being copys of other promotions. Anybody got any ideas for filling out a roster?

Updates- I will try to update this at least three times a week. Anytime i update something on the website I will make a post here summarizing what it is in case you want to go check it out. I will post shows in their entirety on the website (Fully written results, promos, etc) and I will just post a short summary of each match here on the forums so people can choose just how involved they want to be.

Anyway, I really hope this works out the way I am planning and I am looking forward to getting people involved in it. Lets get playing!

Website

http://dtedesco788.wixsite.com/nxttew

<p><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>News around the world</strong></span></p><p>

Ric Flair has passed away and Hulk Hogan decided the world was focusing to much on Rics passing so he decided to officially announce his retirement the day after Flairs death. Stay Classy Hulk....Stay Classy</p><p> </p><p>

Kevin Nash has also officially retired.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>NXT NEWS</strong></span></p><p>

NXT enters into an alliance with NJPW. The alliance will allow the two companies to trade talent and utilize alliance loans.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>Notable NXT Signings</strong></span></p><p>

AJ Styles signs a written deal for $27,600 a month</p><p>

Samoa Joe Signs a written deal for $20,000 a month</p><p>

Bobby Roode signs a written deal for $8,000 a month</p><p>

Chris Hero Signs a written Deal for $3,700 a month</p><p>

Drew Galloway signs a written deal for $7,070 a month</p><p>

Michael Elgin Signs a written deal for $4,200 a month</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>Pay Per Appearance signings</strong></span></p><p>

Cyber Kong</p><p>

Greg Marasciulo (Berretta)</p><p>

Jeff Cobb</p><p>

Matt Riddle</p><p>

Rocky Romero</p><p>

Shelton Benjamin</p><p>

Rene Dupree</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>Contract offers awaiting decisions</strong></span></p><p>

Doug Williams</p><p>

Kenta Kobayashi</p><p>

Roderick Strong</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Website will be updated tonight to reflect changes</span></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MHero" data-cite="MHero" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43892" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Cyber....Cyber Kong!? What a signing.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Frankly I have no idea who this guy is. Someone needs to job though!!</p>

Well he's cyber kong here. Maybe I'll sign Aja kong and awesome kong as well hahaha they could form a stable and then have a feud because cyber kong started calling himself King Kong and that pissed off the other kongs

<p>Triple H Announces Two Tourneys</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="font-size:18px;">NXT Announces two tourneys</span></span></p></div><p></p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p>NXT Has announced that it will be holding two tournaments to crown its new Heavyweight Champion and its first ever Junior Heavyweight Champion.</p><p>

Both tourneys will start this week on NXT Wrestling on FX and will run for the next 5 weeks before concluding on the third Saturday of June at "NXT Revolution". The Junior Heavyweight Tourney will be a 7 man double elimination tourney while the heavyweight division will feature an 8 man single elimination format. The first round matchups are listed below </p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Heavyweight Championship Tournament Quarter Finals</span></p><p>

AJ Styles Vs Shelton Benjamin (NXT Wrestling May Week 3)</p><p>

Bobby Roode Vs Drew Galloway (NXT Wrestling May Week 3)</p><p>

Chris Hero Vs Samoa Joe (NXT Wrestling May week 4)</p><p>

Kenny Omega Vs Michael Elgin (NXT Wrestling May Week 4)</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Junior Heavyweight Championship Round One (NXT Wrestling May Week 3)</span></p><p>

Rocky Romero Vs Ho-Ho Lun</p><p>

Roderick Strong Vs Matt Riddle</p><p>

Beretta Vs Gargano</p><p>

Kenta Kobayashi receives a first round bye </p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Predictions and community involvement or opinions are welcome. I will be running at the very least the first round tonight and probably posting it up tomorrow if not late tonight.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-size:24px;"><span style="text-decoration:underline;">NXT MAY WEEK 3</span></span></p><p>

<a href="http://dtedesco788.wixsite.com/nxttew" rel="external nofollow">http://dtedesco788.wixsite.com/nxttew</a></p><p> </p><p>

Triple H’s music hits the loudspeakers and he makes his way down to the ring in a suit and tie. He climbs into the ring and grabs a microphone.</p><p> </p><p>

“Welcome everyone to the NEW NXT wrestling!!!!”</p><p> </p><p>

The crowd of roughly 8,000 cheers</p><p> </p><p>

“Tonight NXT wrestling embarks on a new endeavor. Tonight we bring Strong style wrestling to the United States. Tonight we break out on our own. Tonight we introduce you to some of the greatest athletes in the world today. Tonight you get to see the start of not one, but two championship tournaments……So I guess theres only one question…</p><p> </p><p>

ARE…..YOU…..READYYYYYYYYYYY????”</p><p> </p><p>

The crowd cheers again</p><p> </p><p>

“NO. I SAID ARE…..YOU READY!!!!!!!!!”</p><p> </p><p>

The crowd rises to their feet and screams in unison</p><p> </p><p>

“Well then hold on to your seats because this show is about to get started and we are opening it up with round one of the heavyweight championship tournament!!!!”</p><p> </p><p>

The crowd cheers as Triple H leaves the ring and Bobby Roodes Music Hits.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;">]Match 1</span></p><p>

Bobby Roode Defeats Drew Galloway</p><p>

In an open back and forth match, Bobby Roode came out on top and eliminates Drew Galloway from the tourney. Both Men performed well. </p><p>

The match received a C+ rating</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;"><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Match 2</span></span></p><p>

Rocky Romero Defeats Ho Ho Lun</p><p>

Romero picks up the win via pinfall and sends Lun to the loser’s bracket. </p><p>

Match rating- C</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;"><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Match 3</span></span></p><p>

Roderick Strong Defeats Matt Riddle</p><p>

A back and forth match sees Strong come out on top. Riddle heads to the losers bracket</p><p>

Rating C-</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;"><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Match 4</span></span></p><p>

Beretta Defeats Johnny Gargano</p><p>

Beretta wins by pinfall but the match suffered because Beretta was off his game. A disappointing opening match for Beretta.</p><p>

Rating D+</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;"><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Main Event</span></span></p><p>

AJ Styles defeats Shelton Benjamin</p><p>

Styles and Benjamin put on a great match to close out the night with Styles getting the win. Both men performed extremely well with Styles stealing the show</p><p>

Rating B</p><p> </p><p>

Final Show Rating C+</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>Thoughts</strong></span></p><p>

I thought it was a decent if not unspectacular start to the diary and to both tourneys. I was disappointed that both ricochet and Ospreay were working elsewhere and were unavailable. I thought they could have vastly improved the show on the Junior side. That being said, Johnny Gargano performed well enough to earn himself a contract I think so I guess that’s a silver Lining. </p><p>

I have pretty big plans for Beretta so im hoping that his poor performance was just a one off kind of thing tonight but we will see going forward</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Next Weeks card</span></p><p>

Kenny Omega Vs Michael Elgin</p><p>

Kenta Vs Rocky Romero</p><p>

Matt Riddle Vs Johnny Gargano</p><p>

Roderick Strong Vs Beretta</p><p>

Chris Hero Vs Samoa Joe</p><p>

</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

Sorry about the long delay. I had gone on vacation and forgotten my laptop back home. I have the next few weeks shows already written up though so ill be going through them fairly quickly to get back up to speed. Hope you enjoy</p>

Archived