When do you use the storytelling focus?

<p>Sometimes when I want a long, competitive bout where I'm not sure about the safety/experience of one of the workers (it's a bit safer of a match aim).</p><p> </p><p>

It's also handy for breaking up exciting matches (ones that get the crowd buzzing) on the card without actually having to cool the crowd.</p>

The main issue I had was that in a Sports Entertainment product, every show needs at least one and I found myself often being arbitrary in deciding which match to assign it to. Squashes made sense, but I don't use those every show. I decided that since in SE every match that's not a title bout or a big PPV encounter is basically advertising one of those down the line, it made sense to use it for most of my TV matches and even some PPV encounters.

Playing as TCW and a couple of instances where I've used it recently:

1) If I'm setting up a story where a wrestler is working through injury ahead of a big PPV match (but never for the actual PPV match)

2) If I'm teasing a tag team having issues ahead of a turn / break up

3) If there are run ins / outside interference / 3rd commentators distractions

4) Where I'm booking someone in a squash match who wants to send a message to another worker ahead of a PPV match.

Generally I try use these sparingly, rarely more than one a show as I like to keep the focus on the match outcome and always get the feeling that the storytelling aspect detracts from this a bit.

Archived