One small tidbit that is being overlooked by sim gamers......

Maximus

[url]http://sports.ign.com/articles/572/572886p1.html[/url] Meaning no ESPN NFL 2K6, no more NFL GameDay, and bye-bye NFL Blitz. All football fans will be left with are Madden, NFL Street, and a [U][B]new unannounced football management[/B][/U] game that is in the works from, you guessed it, EA Sports. "All of our data shows that there is a huge market for manager-style games," said Jeff Brown, Director of Corporate Communications for Electronic Arts, "and you could see a new type of football game from EA." Hmm, very intersteing...isn't it. ;)

Just some more info on this [U][B]new[/B][/U] style of football game: [QUOTE]Originally Posted by [url]www.soccergaming.com[/url] Football Fusion is a revolutionary new feature exclusive to FIFA 2004 and TCM 2004 that lets you manage your team in TCM then play them in FIFA. There are three main ways in which you can use Football Fusion, here's a run down with examples: Take your team from TCM 2004 into FIFA 2004, play a league or cup game and then import the result back into TCM Here's how it works. You buy FIFA 2004 and decide to play your favourite club. Then Total Club Manager is released a few weeks later. Before, you'd have to control your team on and off the pitch separately in TCM and FIFA. Not with Football Fusion. In TCM 2004 you can spend the first few weeks training players, selling some fringe players and scouting and buying new players to add to the squad. Set up some friendlies and make sure you're confident with the teams pre-season progress by the time the first game of the season arrives. Next season comes around and your first game is against Arsenal. It's a big game. You can manage the team (in TCM 2004) and watch the game unfold in 3D or text mode. But wouldn't it be cooler to take this new and improved team, port it into FIFA 2004 via Football Fusion and take hands-on control of the match outcome in FIFA? 'course it would. Around 90 minutes later, the referee blows the whistle and the game ends with you 3-2 up. You can then take the game result back into Total Club Manager and it'll recognise your victory and move you up the table accordingly. As the season unfolds, and as each game comes up, you have the choice to play any of your team's games in FIFA 2004. Football Fusion - embrace the revolution in football gaming. Create an All-Star team in TCM and then play against the AI or friends in FIFA 2004 Football Fusion also lets you build and then play your perfect side. Take the time in TCM 2004 to buy the right players, train them up, win enough games to buy better players and so on until you've got a killer football team. You can then take this world-class side into FIFA to beat your mates with! Play a team that isn't in FIFA by importing it from TCM With TCM and FIFA sharing the same database, Football Fusion allows football fans of smaller clubs to manage them in TCM and then transfer into FIFA. Barnet (an English Conference club) doesn't exist as a playable team in FIFA 2004, but you can manage them in TCM 2004. With Football Fusion, you can manage the team and make changes. You can then export that team into FIFA 2004 to play them in the 'Play Now' or 'Tournament' mode. If you manage to promote Barnet into the English Division Three, you can even then play Barnet in FIFA's 'Career' or 'Single Season' mode since this year's FIFA boasts many lower leagues. Football Fusion will even let you directly control your team within TCM 2004 via joypad. You'll have to pop the FIFA 2004 CD in your drive for initialisation purpouses, but once that's done you're all set for hands on control of your TCM 2004 team. So that's Football Fusion for you, and you'll be able to try it out yourself before the year is out.[/QUOTE] Now this is what I think will happen. EA has stated that they've done some market research and found that they think a Front Office Football/TPF style sim is viable, and they want to make one. Furthermore, it'd be like playing Madden Franchise mode as though it were based on Front Office Football/TPF style platform... which would be damn awesome.

[QUOTE=jbmagic]already been posted :) [url]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1836[/url][/QUOTE] My post has no relevance in terms of what has happend but what EA's plans are concerning a Madden game with managment style implications (like FOF/TPF).

[QUOTE=Tim Plum]Doesn't affect GDS, OOTP or anyone that matters with good games.[/QUOTE] Keep reading on. There is more news on the way. While I fully support GDS, OOTPD, FOG (Front Office Games), this is something most hardcore pro football simmers have been waiting for.

very cool i just dont trust EA doing a sim game....Madden sim games suck, the final score result is all random..it dont matter what type of players u really have. i dont see how it can beat FOF 5.1b...that the best football sim out there....it so realistic that the gameplans, depth chart and players you have makes a difference...

[QUOTE=jbmagic]very cool i just dont trust EA doing a sim game....Madden sim games suck, the final score result is all random..it dont matter what type of players u really have. i dont see how it can beat FOF 5.1b...that the best football sim out there....it so realistic that the gameplans, depth chart and players you have makes a difference...[/QUOTE] Wasn't FOF distributed by EA before? So if you think about it, what you posted was contradicting. ;)

[QUOTE=Paul]Wasn't FOF distributed by EA before? So if you think about it, what you posted was contradicting. ;)[/QUOTE] EA Did FOF 2k1 and then roster updated it releasing it as FOF 2k2. Jim went back to his roots (and couldn't use the FOF 2k1 stuff) before moving on to the current FOF5.1b

How Midway is responding to the EA NFL Lock-in.... From IGN, confirmed by a video game reviewer I know. In light of EA's shocking news, Midway has decided to continue production of their Blitz football series, without an NFL license. What this means is that none of the teams or players featured in the NFL will show up in Midway's new Blitz game. Without the draw created by real teams and players, Midway is taking a different approach to the new Blitz title. They've gone out and hired the writer of the fan-favorite ESPN show Playmakers to craft a story for this new Blitz title. The game will be appropriately titled, Blitz: Playmakers. Midway is hoping the draw of the Playmakers name (while short-lived) will get people to play this new game. The Blitz name has come under fire from the NFL in the past for being too violent. In fact, an NFL spokesperson has mentioned that they were not going to re-sign with Midway this year. The NFL has also spoken out against Playmakers. The two licenses are a natural fit with each other. Blitz: Playmakers will feature everything the TV show did, including drug use and the not so nice off-field behavior some of the players exhibit.

How can a five year monopoly on the NFL and NFL Players licence be a good thing for the video game fan? :rolleyes: I held EA in low regard before this and well, this has done nothing to improve it :mad: Guess I'll need to stick with FOF, TPF and anything that gets developed by the likes of Grey Dog (or whoever) within that timeframe if I want NFL action on my PC (with the aid of unlicenced user made mods I might add). (still can't find ESPN NFL 2k5 in the UK yet ffs or an importer...) Good luck with the management game EA, I for one won't be buying it.

I don't *remotely* trust EA with a football GM sim. Don't any of you remember what happened with FOF2K1/2???? First off, Jim wasn't allowed to fix obvious things such as the playoff injury bug in FOF2K1. Then, they just added new rosters, added a few contract bugs, and re-released it the next year as FOF2K2. If past history is any indication future performance (which it usually is in these situations), we won't see anything NEAR the level of support that Grey Dog/OOTP/Puresim/Solecismic/etc provide. I think Jim and Arlie hit on the potential upside of this for text sims: that the fallout might eventually mean real names in text sims.

[QUOTE=Maximus]I think most of you will actually be very surprised as to what will happen.[/QUOTE] If it can supply me with an NFL text sim game that is on par or better than Football Manager 2005/Championship Manager 04, then I'll eat my hat.* [i]* since that would be silly, I'll simply applaud them on a job well done and hand over my money for it[/i] :p

Archived