Movie Tycoon: The Sixening

Russelrules44

<p>OK, negotiation time.</p><p> </p><p>

merrykieran2: "Love is Blind"</p><p> </p><p>

Director: Bill Condon likes the movie. He asks for $1.75 million. Judd Apatow asks for $5 million. Josh Boone asks for $800k.</p><p> </p><p>

Lewis Jones: Ansel Egort asks for $800k. Joseph Gordon-Levitt asks for $5 million. Charlie Cox likes the part and asks for $500k.</p><p> </p><p>

Emma Joseph: Shailene Woodley asks for $3.5 million. Lily James asks for $2.25 million. Margot Robbie asks for $3 million.</p><p> </p><p>

Marilyn Moore: Nina Dobrev asks for $1 million. Emily VanCamp asks for $1.2 million. Alexandra Daddario asks for $1.5 million.</p><p> </p><p>

Ed Sheeran: He asks for $2 million.</p>

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<p>Love is blind cast:</p><p> </p><p>

Director-Josh Boone </p><p> </p><p>

Lewis Jones-Charlie Cox</p><p> </p><p>

Emma Joseph-Shailene Woodley </p><p> </p><p>

Marilyn Moore-Nina Dobrev </p><p> </p><p>

Ed Sheeran aso Ed Sheeran </p><p> </p><p>

Production: 1.2 million</p><p>

Marketing: 1 million</p>

<p>Working on the review for Man to Man right now: Got a little carried away with other things these last few days, should be done by Thursday at earliest.</p><p> </p><p>

As for Backyard Baseball: Oh Jesus. This is the biggest movie I think I will ever write. If I have to make an conservative estimate; it's likely to be around 20,000 to 25,000 words by the time it's finished. Maybe even more.</p><p> </p><p>

Forget the sequel man, it's just not worth it!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Russelrules44" data-cite="Russelrules44" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44112" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>. If I have to make an conservative estimate; it's likely to be around 20,000 to 25,000 words by the time it's finished. Maybe even more. </div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Jesus! I think my longest so far has been just over 5,000 words. That's going to take a long time to review</p>

REVIEW: “Fatekissed”

Story Quality: 3.5/5 (Solid storytelling the whole way through, and the movie’s fast pace kept everything moving right along.)

Production Quality: 2.5/5 (The film’s production budget wasn’t non-existent, but given the fantasy genre and the fight scene at the end, some of the spending shortfall was noticeable.)

Acting Quality: 3/5 (Pretty solid numbers across the board, with Nathan Fillion in particular delivering a very strong performance. The only letdown came from Aidan Gillan, whose effort left something to be desired.)

Ending Quality: 3.5/5 (Good, but not ideal for those seeking a 100% happy ending. Yes, Raye gets the bar, but given that the movie did a great job of getting viewers to care about the characters, it could’ve been a bit more emotionally satisfying.)

MISCELLANEOUS INFORMATION

Nathan Fillion was incredible as Vance, and he more than cancelled out a subpar performance from Aidan Gillan. The rest of the case was solid (but unspectacular).

PERFORMANCES

Dan Harmon: 27

Eddie Redmayne: 34

Aidan Gillan: 17

Nathan Fillion: 47

Christina Hendricks: 26

Stu Sanders: 32

Vinnie Jones: 27

STAR POWER EFFECTS

TBD (will update in the morning; it’s late and I’m exhausted!)

FINAL NUMBERS

Movie Rating: 3.1/5 (This was a decent first outing from start to finish. The characters are easy to get emotionally-vested in, the talent involved are respectable, and the studio should be proud of its efforts despite the budget limitations it encountered.)

Box Office: $18 million

Physical copies: $3 million

Drakestooth Studios now has $21.5 million.

I'm loving playing this game right now and seeing everyone's movies come out and being reviewed is fun. Feels like we're developing our own nice little game world.

However, I'll say that 20,000-25,000 words seems extremely excessive for this game that we're playing. Obviously, it's an opportunity to exercise our creative writing skills and you've the freedom to write whatever you desire (That's the fun of the game) but that word count is equal to about a 1/3rd the length of the average novel. I'm not judging your word count for the story, but it seems like quite a big task for HRTV to review that. Depending on how many words he can read per minute, that's going to take anywhere from 45minutes to a couple of hours to read through.

Obviously if HRTV is happy to go along with that, great. More power to you all. Personally, I try to keep mine within about 1,500-2-500 words so it can be read in 10 minutes. It just seems like a big ask of a MOD to dedicate that much time to reading something fun for a game rather than for an education or something.

<p>OK, everyone, time to huddle up and get real.</p><p> </p><p>

The downturn in interest in this game over the past few weeks hasn't gone unnoticed, by me or by some of the players/observers. It's unfortunate, because this is an absolute gas when it gets going, not to mention one heck of a creative outlet. However, this is concerning for a few reasons, and as such, it's prudent to make something I alerted Russell of a few weeks ago public knowledge.</p><p> </p><p>

Effective October 27th (two weeks from tomorrow), I officially will not have time to mod the game anymore. That's the start of the busiest week of the year for me at work, and after that, I'll be traveling for large stretches of November and December.</p><p> </p><p>

As mentioned, I informed Russell of this privately long before writing this post, and he's offered to take over again when I'm gone. However, the flow of movies simply hasn't been there of late, which is why I'm going to float an idea out there.</p><p> </p><p>

We've got an awards section designated in the rules for the end of the game. One of the things I wish MT5 had was a neat wrap-up (which I understand couldn't happen due to a personal situation with that game's moderator), as it would've put a nice bow on everything and capped off a fun game. My idea is to end the game on October 27th, and announce the awards shortly after that.</p><p> </p><p>

Floating this now allows for some discussion and, if that's an agreed-upon solution, each studio to have one (maybe two, if you're fast) more shots at producing movies before the awards are announced. If you'd all like to keep going after the 27th, that's fine and dandy, but given the relative lack of activity compared to early in the game, I figured it was worth discussing.</p><p> </p><p>

Thoughts?</p>

I love this game and I'll be sad with it gone but I can see why you'd want to end it and I'll hopefully be able to get Love Is Blind up by then. I just want to say thank you both yourself and Russell for the work that you have put into this and anyone who made movies. It's really been an enjoyable experience

<p>21.5 mil is probably enough for the bigger project I came up with. I'm not sure on the entire cast/story yet, but I want to start reaching out to the major players.</p><p> </p><p>

I completely understand not having enough time to mod this, as I barely have enough time to participate. Whatever you gotta do.</p><p> </p><p>

Project Title: Holmes</p><p>

Genre: Comedy + Action</p><p> </p><p>

Lead: James Holmes</p><p> </p><p>

James is a party-boy slacker working at a detective agency as a file clerk. However, he tells all of the girls that he is a real private detective. His last name isn't really Holmes, he changed it because it sounds "detective-y-er".</p><p> </p><p>

For the role of James Holmes, we'd like to reach out to <strong>James Franco</strong>, and also <strong>James Roday</strong>.</p><p> </p><p>

Major: William Dawson</p><p> </p><p>

James's boss, a no nonsense private detective who founded his own agency. He's intimidating, determined, and mostly stoic. The kind of guy who'd be the center of an action movie.</p><p> </p><p>

We'd like to reach out to <strong>Keanu Reeves</strong> for this part. If Keanu is prohibitively expensive, we'll consider other options.</p><p> </p><p>

Major: [Antagonist, Name TBD]</p><p> </p><p>

An out of work actor hired by James to play a custom made villain for him to catch. Unfortunately, the actor is a natural villain and the situation escalates way out of control.</p><p> </p><p>

For our antagonist, we're looking at this a couple of ways. We'd like to reach out to <strong>Patrick Stewart</strong>, who would play himself (or a version of himself). Alternatively, if it's more of a character, we'd like to contact <strong>Jared Leto</strong>, <strong>Jerome Flynn</strong>, and <strong>Christopher Walken</strong>.</p><p> </p><p>

Minor: [Girlfriend, name TBD]</p><p> </p><p>

A girl James picks up in one of the early scenes of the movie. She sees good in him, but also knows he's full of crap when they first meet. Later she plays damsel in distress as part of the villain's big plan.</p><p> </p><p>

Casting is pending for this role as we determine the full requirements.</p>

<p>I'm enjoying the game but I imagine I'd enjoy it more immensely if there was a larger community for it and more contributions. However, I value everyone's contributions in here and feel we've had a good run at this one.</p><p> </p><p>

I agree with you, HRTV, I feel a nicely wrapped up ending would suit everyone rather than it just end with a whimper. The awards are also a bit of fun so it'll be a lovely way of ending it. Hopefully I'll manage to crack out another film before we wrap up. Maybe blow my entire $180 million dollars in the bank on it, perhaps? Lol.</p>

<p>Sadly I cannot write anything asy hard disks are not working and I can't buy new ones in this month.</p><p>

I don't think we should see it as a end of the season but more as a phase or cycle, if you want you can come and take over as the mod in January in between Russel can handle things or we can use it as downtime.</p><p>

Hopefully Saqib Salim and Sreeram Raghavan will get nominations for their work.</p>

<p>If I can be honest, there is no way i'm gonna be able to finish Backyard Baseball by the time you're gone unless I just go all out on it. And seeing as I've lost interest in the game...</p><p> </p><p>

Yeah, it doesn't look good.</p><p> </p><p>

Also: Got a choir retreat tomorrow, so i'll be gone most of the day.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rayelek" data-cite="Rayelek" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44112" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>21.5 mil is probably enough for the bigger project I came up with. I'm not sure on the entire cast/story yet, but I want to start reaching out to the major players.<p> </p><p> I completely understand not having enough time to mod this, as I barely have enough time to participate. Whatever you gotta do.</p><p> </p><p> Project Title: Holmes</p><p> Genre: Comedy + Action</p><p> </p><p> Lead: James Holmes</p><p> </p><p> James is a party-boy slacker working at a detective agency as a file clerk. However, he tells all of the girls that he is a real private detective. His last name isn't really Holmes, he changed it because it sounds "detective-y-er".</p><p> </p><p> For the role of James Holmes, we'd like to reach out to <strong>James Franco</strong>, and also <strong>James Roday</strong>.</p><p> </p><p> Major: William Dawson</p><p> </p><p> James's boss, a no nonsense private detective who founded his own agency. He's intimidating, determined, and mostly stoic. The kind of guy who'd be the center of an action movie.</p><p> </p><p> We'd like to reach out to <strong>Keanu Reeves</strong> for this part. If Keanu is prohibitively expensive, we'll consider other options.</p><p> </p><p> Major: [Antagonist, Name TBD]</p><p> </p><p> An out of work actor hired by James to play a custom made villain for him to catch. Unfortunately, the actor is a natural villain and the situation escalates way out of control.</p><p> </p><p> For our antagonist, we're looking at this a couple of ways. We'd like to reach out to <strong>Patrick Stewart</strong>, who would play himself (or a version of himself). Alternatively, if it's more of a character, we'd like to contact <strong>Jared Leto</strong>, <strong>Jerome Flynn</strong>, and <strong>Christopher Walken</strong>.</p><p> </p><p> Minor: [Girlfriend, name TBD]</p><p> </p><p> A girl James picks up in one of the early scenes of the movie. She sees good in him, but also knows he's full of crap when they first meet. Later she plays damsel in distress as part of the villain's big plan.</p><p> </p><p> Casting is pending for this role as we determine the full requirements.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Been busier than anticipated, but I'm hoping to have negotiations up for this tonight.</p>

<p>Negotiation time!</p><p> </p><p>

Rayelek: "Holmes"</p><p> </p><p>

Director: You need one!</p><p> </p><p>

James Holmes: James Franco asks for $3.75 million. James Roday likes the part and asks for $500k.</p><p> </p><p>

William Dawson: Keanu Reeves asks for $3.5 million.</p><p> </p><p>

Major (Antagonist): Patrick Stewart likes the part and asks for $2.5 million. Jared Leto asks for $2.5 million. Jerome Flynn asks for $500k. Christopher Walken asks for $3.5 million.</p><p> </p><p>

Minor (Girlfriend): TBD</p>

<p>And now at long last Amalgamated Artist proudly presents</p><p> </p><p>

Tom Felton, Kate Mansi and Ashley Benson in</p><p> </p><p>

GREEN EYED MONSTER</p><p> </p><p>

Before a single picture even appears on the screen, we are greeted with a quote placard. The backdrop is black with stark white text and reads "Oh, beware, my lord, of jealousy. It is the green-eyed monster that doth mock the meat it feeds on. - William Shakespeare. Othello."</p><p> </p><p>

From that placard, we go into the opening credits and an establishing shot of the campus of Northwest Texas University. It is just after sunset. And while the campus isn't the bustling hive of activity it would be in daytime hours, there are musicians playing in the quad and students milling about either on their way home or to night time plans. From there, we are taken to a student apartment building and we first find young Mike Morris (Tom Felton) appoaching Apartment 321 under the admiring gazes of other female tenants he passes on the way. A quick knock on the door and he is quickly greeted by lovely raven haired Terri Harding (Kate Mansi) who greets Mike with an eager kiss and announces she's ready to go. Which has Mike mildly confused. Doesn't she always tell her roommate she's going first? But it's not necessary this night. Her roommate's at the library doing a little last minute research for Professor Henry's Advanced Marketing class. She has left Kelly a note and let her roomie know she may be spending the night alone. Mike compliments her foresight and they head off.</p><p> </p><p>

Date night on this evening consists of a fun, flirty dinner at Applebee's and then a movie. Which Mike announces will be Torture By Tentpole, a movie that's been so horribly savaged by the film press it's started to gather Razzie buzz. Terri points this out to him and Mike tells her not only does he know this, it's why he chose the movie. The nuclear reputation makes it the perfect flick for what they do best. That proving to be spending the whole flick kissing and exploring each other to the total expense of anything on the screen. But having spent the movie foreplaying has turned them on something fierce. So with no need for Terri to go home, they end up at Mike's apartment. And they are hardly in the door before they are once again all over each other kissing and pawing away. As they make out, we see buttons being undone and shirts being removed. But we don't get to see the actual sex. With the fact it's going to happen established, the scene cuts out.</p><p> </p><p>

Instead we jump ahead to the next morning, Terri arriving back home, and our first chance to meet her BFF (?) and roommate, Kelly Clemens (Ashley Benson). Right away, Kelly teases Terri about the good time she oviously had considering its 10 AM and she's just getting home. Terri laughs and starts gushing about her night with Mike. The sizzling steak platter at Applebee's. Making out at the trashy movie. The hot sex. The whole nine yards. Leading Kelly to express her disappointment that she can't have the red-hot relationship Terri and Mike do. But Terri won't let Kelly stay down. She reassures Kelly that she'll find her studmuffin. Why wouldn't she? Kelly's a smoking hot blonde who's smart and funny and would be many men's ultimate dream girl. There's no reason for Kelly to be talking this way. The girl would be beating guys back with a stick five seconds after she decided she wanted to be. Kelly acknowledges that Terri is right and admits she has tried at times. But the spark never lasts. A few dates here and a little sex there is all well and good but she hasn't had a steady since high school. Terri is sympathetic. What she has with Mike isn't easy to find but with all Kelly has to offer, Terri is confident her buddy will find that magic man when the time is right.</p><p> </p><p>

At least that's the facade she puts up in front of Kelly. As Terri heads into the bedroom to leave her purse and keys on the vanity, she stops to have a debate with her reflection in the mirror. Does she really believe all that jazz? She's sure she saw that skanky blonde hostess at Applebee's staring at Mike like an extra large slice of blueberry cheesecake. Not to mention how the redhead at the theater's ticket counter was undressing him with her eyes. But maybe, Terri tells herself, she's being unfair. After all, the usher did the same to her. Maybe she's just overthinking. Dear God let her just be overthinking.</p><p> </p><p>

Meanwhile we find Mike arriving at the psych building and asking the receptionist for directions to Lab 213. He has a interview for the Comparative Gender study. The receptionist gives Mike a once over and utters a thought unintentionally out loud that it's a shame the poor girl can't see what she's missing out on. Mike only half notices the comment and repeats the request to the receptionist. This time he's given the directions he needs and is on his way.</p><p> </p><p>

He arrives at the lab to find the door open and a very pretty young woman (True O'Brien) randomly shuffling and reshuffling Rorschach cards. Knocking on the door frame as he enters to get her attention, Mike inquires if this is the right room for the Comparative Gender study. Looking up, the young lady apologizes, assures him that it is and introduces herself as Kimberly Reynolds. She then explains that she's new at doing a formal study and so her topic is comparing male and female perspectives on the collegiate experience. Mike smiles and calls that a sensible choice which should yield a lot of insight. Which sets Kim at ease and makes the preliminary interview a smooth process. When they are done, Kim rises to her feet and shakes Mike's hand. He seems like he could be a very engaging and helpful subject. She has more people to see and she'll let him know if he's chosen for the data pool.</p><p> </p><p>

As he's getting back home, he runs into a study partner who lives the next floor up from him. He tells his buddy where he was and Buddy asks if he's going to be working with the hot psych chick. Mike acts confused so Buddy elaborates and references Kim's performance as Celia in As You Like It last month. Now on the same page, Mike acknowledges having interviewed for Kim's project but downplays the assessment of her sex appeal. Why should he have noticed? He has all the hot chick he needs in Terri. He's not going to risk a good thing by playing around. What kind of fool does he look like?</p><p> </p><p>

Jump ahead a few hours and it's class time for Kelly and Terri as they head into Advanced Marketing as taught by Professor Steven Henry (Peter Scolari). Henry explains that because the final is broken into two parts, a presentation portion and a written exam, tonight's class will be a recap of the material they can expect to be on the test portion. It's not a comprehensive review. He's not giving away the whole test. That would be like a magician giving away his secrets. But having this material fresh in mind will be a good start to passing it.</p><p> </p><p>

After the class ends, Kelly makes her way through the crowd to Terri and suggests they review the material for their presentation and they will have both sides of the final covered. Terri agrees. Noting that will free the rest of the night up and they can do something fun to decompress. Kelly laughs and says she'll head home to set things up. Could Terri maybe hit up Blimpie for a couple subs? That way they wouldn't be studying on an empty stomach. Terri consents and heads off after the food. </p><p> </p><p>

But as fate would have it, Kelly isn't the only one who thought supping on sandwiches would be a beautiful thing. Mike and Kim are already at the sub shop when Terri arrives. But neither one really notices because they are busy talking shop and chowing down on their own sammies. It's Terri who notices first. Just as she's collecting her order and about to head out. She puts two and two together to get seventeen and storms over to the table.</p><p> </p><p>

Before either Mike or Kim can so much as say hello, Terri's on them guns blazing. What's going on here? Who is she? But as much as she claims to demand answers, Terri won't allow either of them a word in edgewise. Kim tries to ignore the scene and introduce herself as though nothing's wrong only to get her head bitten off for it. Mike addresses Terri in calm, soothing tones hoping she'll chill out. But that just fuels Terri all the more, convincing her to start throwing accusations at Mike of cheating and having the gall to flaunt the side chick in public.</p><p> </p><p>

That sets Mike off. He jumps up and gets right in Terri's face. He's heard enough and now she's going to let him talk. He tries to explain about the research project. About who Kim actually is and to demand that Terri apologize to her. But Terri will have none of it. She's on too much of a roll and tells Mike this fish story just proves his guilt all the more. They're done. Kaput. History. At this point, Kim jumps up to try and defend her honor.</p><p> </p><p>

Terri won't have any of that either. She lights into Kim calling her every name in the book and even making up a couple new ones for good measure. If she really wants Mike, she can have him. She has no use for a slippery, lying snake in the grass like Mike. Especially not one so inept at sneaking around as him. Mike tries to cut in and let Terri know that whole shop is now looking at her make a complete and total fool of herself. But that just enables her to throw one last barb at him. Suggesting the crowd won't be looking much longer because the floor show is as over as they are. And with that, she storms out the door with her food.</p><p> </p><p>

Kim asks Mike what that was all about and Mike tells her he's just as confused as she is. He had just this morning been saying that he had no need to want anybody else because he thought he had such a good thing going with Terri. It's clear now that he was mistaken. He apologizes to Kim and makes it clear he intends to get to the bottom of this. Kim greets this idea by suggesting caution. That girl could be dangerous.</p><p> </p><p>

That girl's also still fired up when she gets back to the apartment. Kelly greets her warmly and lets Terri know she's ready whenever her partner is. Sadly this good cheer does nothing to lighten Terri's demeanor and she tosses Kelly her sandwich and barks about eating now and chirping later. This worries Kelly. If Terri's this worked up, she must really believe something is rotten in the state of Denmark. Terri doesn't fly off the handle lightly. Kelly asks what is wrong and learns about the blow up at the sub shop. About Terri running into Mike and Kim. About Terri letting them both have it and how that resulted in the breakup.</p><p> </p><p>

Kelly is stunned and confused. She thought Terri and Mike had the perfect relationship. Terri had never once given an indication anything was wrong before. So far as Kelly knew, Mike was the perfect gentleman. Other than the fact he was conversing in public with another girl, what would lead Terri to think he had cheated on her? Terri however is not impressed. She dismisses Kelly's confusion telling her friend that of course she wouldn't understand. Kelly hasn't been in a long term relationship like hers and Mike's. What would she know about the dynamics of true love? Hurt by the insinuation, Kelly says one thing she does know is that the practice session will have to wait. The mood is no longer conducive to getting any studying done.</p><p> </p><p>

Nor is it until the next morning as we see the girls once again preparing to go over their presentation for Professor Henry's class. Terri repeats her apology for last night but Kelly tells her it's not necessary. She already apologized at breakfast so it's all good. Kelly just wants to talk school tennis. For it seems the assignment for the presentation is to put together an imaginary ad campaign for the product of their choice. Kelly and Terri having chosen to promote the Northwest Texas women's tennis team. Making that choice because their moms had twice brought doubles championships to the school in the late 80's. And their presentation is impressive. Charts. Graphs. Handbills. Radio and TV ad scripts. A timeline of key professional victories by former school alumnae. And not just recent examples against Kvitova and Bouchard either. But victories by former Lady Lariatos against top tennis stars dating all the way back to the days of Billie Jean King. A history in the sport that deserves to be better known and inspire more pride than it currently does.</p><p> </p><p>

When they are done with the review, Terri is convinced they will ace the first part of the final and is ready to focus on the exam portion. Kelly however isn't so sure. She's convinced something is still missing. She's just not sure what it is. Financials maybe? Comparisons to other sports of similiar stature? But Terri tells Kelly the only thing missing is her confidence. Kelly should just relax and trust her. But Terri's still in the middle of that sales job when the door bell rings.</p><p> </p><p>

Kelly goes to the door to find a couple cops (Meg Steedle, Brendan Coughlin) there. They introduce themselves as Detectives Lovejoy and Stevens respectively and inform her they wish to speak with a Ms. Teresa Harding. Terri steps forward to identify herself and together the two girls welcome the officers in. Offering to help any way they can. Stevens suggests to Kelly that they should talk alone when his partner questions Terri. So Kelly leads him into the kitchen while Det. Lovejoy and Terri settle down on the couch. </p><p>

In her kindest, most friendly tone, Lovejoy tells Terri she is there because they need to talk about Kimberly Reynolds. Terri doesn't recognize the name at first. So the detective tells her that Ms. Reynolds is dead and the police need to talk to her because she was seen arguing with the deceased and another gentlemen at Blimpie's last evening. It seems that during the night Kim smashed her car into a light post and was killed on impact. Investigation into the accident suggests that Kim's brakes were tampered with and the Amarillo PD is considering it a homicide.</p><p> </p><p>

Terri is in shock and that quickly puts her on the defensive. The APD can't really believe she did it can they? Det. Lovejoy assures her they don't want to believe that. But she and Stevens agree they need to eliminate the possibility first. So she leads Terri through the incident at the sub shop. Reviewing the history of her relationship with Mike. The accusations she leveled at him for cheating. The assumption that Kim had been the other woman. All of which Terri confirms.</p><p> </p><p>

That leads the detective to ask about Terri's activities after leaving the sandwich shop. So Terri explains about the study plans with Kelly and how those went awry and the two were home all night. Lovejoy explains she had to ask because Terri certainly had reason to want Kim dead due to the perceived cheating. Which Terri can understand. But that she couldn't have done anything about it anyway because she wouldn't even know how to screw up a car's brakes. And it was the first time she'd ever met Kim. She was upset with Kim but hadn't had time to get mad enough to kill.</p><p> </p><p>

Now it's Lovejoy's turn to be confused. So Terri's saying the argument at the sub shop was her only problem with Ms. Reynolds? Terri returns the confusion to the officer and confirms that it was. An answer that appears to disappoint the detective. But with no other questions, she is forced to accept it.</p><p> </p><p>

At this point Det. Stevens emerges from the kitchen with Kelly. Thanking her for answering all his questions and being so helpful. Being out of questions, Lovejoy tells Terri she'll be in touch if the police need to know anything more and collects her partner to leave. Just outside the door, Lovejoy tells Stevens she believes they can officially discount Terri. Especially if his theory on why the Reynolds girl was killed is correct. Terri was absolutely convinced Kim wanted her man. A thought that would have been ridiculous if she knew the Reynolds girl better. That tells Stevens they need to focus on finding their man then and they head back to APD.</p><p> </p><p>

Meanwhile back in the apartment, Terri is teasing Kelly about how she ended up with the male officer and it appeared that he liked her. Kelly acknowledges that Det. Stevens was cute but they need to be serious. Did Terri really go that ballistic on this poor Reynolds girl? Enough to look like a murder suspect? Terri sighs and admits that yes, she can understand why the police had to question her with Kim turning up dead. That explains all the questions Det. Stevens had but Kelly really hates the idea that someone could think Terri capable of murder.</p><p> </p><p>

This brings us to presentation time. We arrive at the class late. Just in time to hear Professor Henry giving a couple young men his thoughts on their defense of the Amarillo High drama department. After which he tells the class it's now time to hear from Kelly Clemens and Terri Harding on their marketing plan for the school's women's tennis team. Which we see done in clip form because we already saw the details in their dress rehearsal. But what becomes clear is that the star saleswoman on the team is Kelly. She's bright and passionate, presenting every point with verve. While Terri seems off her game. To a man like Professor Henry, it's clear she knows what she's talking about but isn't anywhere as confident putting it across as Kelly is. Which is a key point he makes in his assessment. He also notes as a fun little aside that while is very impressed with their knowledge of key school victories they forgot his favorite. That of Amanda Connors over Evonne Goolagong. A surpise considering they went back so far. But then that one was special to him because he had been married to Connors may she rest in peace. At the end of his review, he awards Kelly an A for the presentation while Terri's nerves knock her grade down to a B+. The girls are delighted by such high marks and hug each other as they return to their seats for the next presentation.</p><p> </p><p>

But as they are heading out of class, Kelly asks Terri what happened up there. She had been so much more confident when they were practicing. All the response Terri will give is to write the issue off as stage fright. Kelly tries to argue the point but Terri isn't listening. She's spotted Mike coming out of a class room behind them and he's beckoning her over to him. So rather than expound on the issue as Kelly would like, Terri makes a vague explanation and tells Kelly she'll catch her later. Which leaves Kelly shaking her head and walking away.</p><p> </p><p>

Meanwhile, Mike has called Terri over to try and get to the bottom of things. He's still at a loss why Terri would think he was cheating and trying to get answers. But Terri just won't hear of it. He tries again to explain who Kim was to no avail. Terri makes it clear she's done with him and storms off. </p><p>

But she doesn't get too far when she blunders into another young woman (Erin Moriarty) and nearly knocks her over. Terri helps her up and there's a moment of tension between them at first. Until the other girl has a moment of recognition and asks Terri about the Blimpie confrontation. Terri admits it and that's when the other young lady introduces herself as Cathy Quinn. Terri's unimpressed until Cathy explains that Kim Reynolds had been her room mate.</p><p> </p><p>

It is also during this explanation of how Cathy knows about Terri that she drops the little secret we've been keeping about Kim the whole movie. The reason Kim was only a rival to Terri in Terri's own mind. The fact that Kim was a lesbian. For it seems that not only were Kim and Cathy roommates but they had been lovers.</p><p> </p><p>

This has Terri confused on a number of levels but the only one she mentions to Cathy is why the latter young woman is at class. Wouldn't she have gotten the bereavement A as a result of Kim's death? Cathy admits she could have had it but she honestly didn't want it. She had found the studying and prepping for the exam to be a good distraction from her pain over losing Kim. Besides this had been a mythology class. A subject that had been her passion since she was old enough to read. She was confident she had the A anyway.</p><p> </p><p>

As far as Terri's blowup with Kim, she understands. Cathy and Kim had been in a bit of a rough patch of their own when Kim died. Just as Terri had thought Kim was Mike's other woman, Cathy had also thought Kim was cheating on her. So while she hadn't liked hearing of Terri's suspicions, she could hardly blame Terri for going off like she did. Cathy expects they might have ganged up on Mike and Kim had she also been at Blimpie's that night. Terri smiles and thanks her for the understanding. Offering Cathy a perfunctory condolence on her loss. Kim could have had a bi streak for all she knows after all.</p><p> </p><p>

Meanwhile Mike has headed off to the administration building to double check on his classes for next term. Only to find a long line of students waiting to do the same thing. Not that things are all bad he muses. There's this shapely blonde in front of him and she's certainly not bad. Not bad at all. So since they are both stuck there, he makes a witty remark to her about the crowd. And this is when he finally meets Kelly. He'd never met her when he was dating Terri and had always taken her roommate as something of a mythic figure. Not that he learns Kelly is the mythic roommate now. Just that Kelly is witty, charming and there is some distinct chemistry between them. So much that by the time they part company, they've make a date to go out.</p><p> </p><p>

And before we know it, the time has come for Kelly to prep for that date. She's just coming out of the bedroom putting on her earrings as Terri asks her about her plans. It's a pretty simple first date. Meet at the student union for coffee and then to Cinema Cafe for dinner and a movie they'd overlooked when it was new. She's not expecting anything particularly wild so she's wearing a simple green blouse and freshly pressed jeans. Terri hopes she has fun. Her plan is to hang out on the couch and seeing what movies she can find to watch. Kelly tries to convince her friend that stewing over her blunder with Mike isn't healthy. But Terri insists she's not. She's just in the mood for a quiet evening alone.</p><p> </p><p>

Kelly shrugs and heads out. Letting Terri know she expects to be home after the movie. So Terri shouldn't have to tussle with the security system. Kelly will be able to do it as usual. Terri waves her off and starts channel surfing as Kelly leaves. Comedy. No. Action? Never. Romance? Dear God no. Hmmm this looks interesting. The Crush. A teenage stalker thriller starting Alicia Silverstone. She actually had a career before that dreadful turn as Batgirl? That could be interesting. And there's time to nuke a TV dinner before it starts. Looks like we have a winner.</p><p> </p><p>

Class time again as the written final has arrived. Immediately after taking roll, Professor Henry is passing out papers to the whole class. Since their presentations were taken as part of the final, he tried to be as straightforward as possible with the questions on this portion. Students should take their time on this exam but one they are done they are free to go</p><p>

A sped up clock shows the elapsed time of students finishing the test. The first turning in their paper and leaving at the half hour mark. A couple more follow suit shortly thereafter. And at the 35 minute mark, Terri stands with her paper complete. But as she hands her paper to Professor Henry he asks to have a quick word with her outside before she leaves.</p><p> </p><p>

In the hall, Henry tells Terri he's worried about her. He couldn't believe how far off her game Terri had been during the presentation. Is there anything wrong that he should possibly know about? But she downplays his concern. Again chalking her presentation performance to stage fright. An explanation Henry is loath to accept. She's one of the best and brightest students he's had in ages and she's suddenly off like that. It just doesn't add up.</p><p>

Terri is taken aback. What is meant as a heartfelt compliment falls quite differently on her ears. As she fires back at the professor asking if he's trying to come on to her. The charge stunning the good professor and making him literally backpedal from her. He would never dream of something so unprofessional. Yet Terri continues on. Threatening the professor that he'd better keep things that way. Rushing off as Henry looks at the ceiling for strength and heads back into the classroom.</p><p> </p><p>

A short time later we're back at the apartment as Kelly's getting home from finishing her exam and Terri's been watching some old rerun on TV. As she comes in, she has some big news. According to the radio news report she heard driving home, the Amarillo PD has arrested Kimberly Reynolds' killer. It turned out to be Jeremiah Butcher, the school's most notorious homophobic agitator. It seems that in his confession, Butcher had targeted Kimberly for death because she dared to unwittingly hit on his girlfriend in public. And that she wasn't his only victim. She was the fifth student he'd killed for their preference in the last three months. Not saying why, Terri admits she hadn't had the radio on her way home. So she hadn't heard and is quite relieved to be officially off the hook. Kelly agreeing and scoffing at the idea that Terri would ever really be a killer.</p><p> </p><p>

The weekend comes and Sunday afternoon finds the girls at the admin building to get their final grades. Which Terri does while Kelly heads off to the school bookstore to get their texts for next term. As Terri heads over the the bulletin board with the grade postings, she spots a familiar face there. Cathy is scanning the listings to confirm that she aced the mythology class as expected. </p><p> </p><p>

And that's when Terri's eyes fix on something strange. The NRA baseball cap that Cathy is wearing. Terri asks what that is about and Cathy explains that the organization is a family tradition. The Quinns have been active in the NRA as far back as any of them can remember. Heck, she herself took their Campus Carry class her very first semester on campus and laments that it couldn't help her save Kim.</p><p> </p><p>

Terri is fascinated. She has no idea such things existed. The way the nightly news talks she'd always thought of the NRA as this shadow organization that she half expected the federal government to raid and bust up some day. Cathy gives a pained chuckle to that thought and decries how common that is. Personally she's always found members to be some of the nicest, most agreeable people she's ever met. If Terri would like, Cathy can take her new friend by the campus chapter, introduce her to some people and help Terri see what the real story is. An offer Terri readily accepts.</p><p> </p><p>

This is when Kelly comes over one arm drooping down from the weight of the book-laden canvas bag she's carrying. Terri introduces Cathy to Kelly and identifies her as Kim's former roommate. Kelly offering sincere condolences and any other kind of help she or Terri can offer. A sentiment Terri is quick to agree to as Cathy thanks them and leaves. The scene closing with the two roommates agreeing Cathy is a nice girl who deserves better than the loss she's suffered.</p><p> </p><p>

But the good moments between the friends aren't to last much longer. Not that either of them are aware of that when the fateful night begins. A few nights later, both Kelly and Terri are preparing to go out for the evening. A fact that initially makes Kelly happy. Terri's mentioned she has plans "to do stuff" with Cathy. Which makes the first time she's left the apartment at night since the break up with Mike. While Kelly has a date with him. Terri teasing Kelly about the fact she seems to be on the road to Steady Town. A thought Kelly ponders and admits yeah maybe they are. Terri's happy for her. So much for all the doubts Kelly had.</p><p> </p><p>

Jump ahead a few hours and we find a very happy Terri getting home. The evening with Cathy at the firing range learning about things like gun care and target sports has been interesting, informative and surprisingly fun. Who knew so much steam could be blown off shooting at a stationary paper target with a person's silhouette on it? She couldn't remember the last time she'd had such a good night and kept her clothes on throughout.</p><p> </p><p>

Then she re-enters the apartment and those good thoughts rapidly come to an end. She thinks she's alone at first but then she hears voices coming from the bedroom. Which seems odd. Kelly was supposed to have a date with her new guy. Maybe they stayed in. Nah. That couldn't be. Kelly would have called and told her. She was always thoughtful and considerate that way. The date must have ended early and Kelly's watching the bedroom TV.</p><p>

An assumption she finds false as she opens the door to the bedroom and spots Kelly curled up in bed basking in the afterglow. WITH MIKE!! Kelly and MIKE?!! HER MIKE?!! There's no way. THERE'S NO BLOODY WAY!!</p><p> </p><p>

Except there's every way. And that fact sends Terri completely over the edge. She erupts all over Kelly and Mike in a scene that makes the sub shop argument earlier in the movie look mild. How can Mike do this to her? Getting revenge on her by sleeping with her roommate in their own apartment? And Kelly? Some friend Kelly is sneaking around with Mike. HER MIKE!! She can't believe the two of them. The two people who mean the most to her carrying on and treating her this way.</p><p> </p><p>

The young couple is in shock fumbling and stumbling all over themselves to rein Terri in and try to regain control so the whole situation can be discussed like rational adults. But any hope of that died when Terri's head exploded. As all the woman can do is stand there spewing invective and cursing out her dearest friends like her life depended on it.</p><p> </p><p>

Seeing there's no hope for sanity any time soon, Mike apologizes to Kelly promising to call her soon, gathers up his clothes (seen from a strategic position to avoid shooting any questionable parts), and runs for the hills as fast as his feet will carry him. While a still covered Kelly orders Terri to go in the living room and let her get dressed. And then they will sort this out.</p><p>

Not that Terri's interested in sorting any thing out. She continues to just pile on Kelly calling her all the worst things one woman can call another. Slut. The nasty C word for her privates. The W bomb. All of it. Treating the best friend she ever had as her very worst enemy.</p><p> </p><p>

Shocked and dismayed over seeing how suddenly and completely the friendship has died, Kelly realizes there's only one thing she can do. She orders Terri to get out. She's not going to be shredded like this by someone who's supposed to be her best friend. But until Terri can get a civil tongue in her mouth, they aren't friends and Kelly wants nothing to do with her. Which is fine by Terri. She makes a final cutting remark and storms out of the apartment. Kelly wandering over the couch and burying her face in one of the cushions crying over the dead relationship as we cut out.</p><p> </p><p>

Morning finds Terri roaming the campus like something wild. Her bleary eyes and disheveled appearance alerting the world she hasn't had a second's sleep all night. Her roaming and muttering leading people to believe she's heavily intoxicated and chasing them away. Only we know the truth that she's roiling in. The absolute rage seething within looking for a place to erupt. We hear the campus clock toll 11:30 and suddenly a brainstorm strikes her fevered brain. She heads for the shooting range she visited with Cathy the night before. Sneaking in and stealing a .38 caliber pistol. This will show Kelly & Mike. This will teach them she's no one to make a fool out of. And with the lunch hour approaching she knows right where to find them.</p><p> </p><p>

The same place we do. The local Tropical Smoothie Cafe. One of Kelly's favorite lunch spots. The two seeking normalcy and peace after the chaos of the previous night. The two have been discussing the nightmare with Terri all morning and thought they'd recharge with some good food.</p><p>

But things aren't to be so simple. As Cathy of all people has just called Mike up to the corner to his and Kelly's food when Terri walks in. All the customers in busy eatery quickly noticing and trying to ignore her again while she scans the crowd. Spotting Kelly and Mike just as he gets back to their table and sits down.</p><p> </p><p>

Seeing them, Terri makes a beeline for the table and proceeds to start making a scene. Repeating all the hate and invective she hurled at them the previous night. Kelly trying to talk sense to her former friend while Mike gets out his phone and starts dialing.</p><p> </p><p>

That's when Terri whips out the gun and levels it at Mike. If he doesn't put that phone away, it'll be the last number he ever dials. Seeing how dangerous things have become, Mike shuts off the phone and places it on the table. Raising his hands so Terri can see them.</p><p> </p><p>

And that brings Kelly to her feet. She's not about to let anyone threaten her guy and lets Terri know it in blatantly obvious terms. Terri sneers and makes a crack about Mike being Kelly's stolen guy. Backstabbing blonde skank. The last insult is one too many sending Kelly diving at Terri and the gun. Then a shot rings out as Terri fires reflexively. A look of shock hits Kelly's face and she hits the floor. Mike immediately rushing to her side.</p><p> </p><p>

We see a mixture of surprise and hateful satisfaction on Terri's face as the best friend she ever had falls to the floor. And then a quick shout from the counter as Cathy calls Terri's name. Terri turning and firing wild at the sudden sound. And then Cathy, having grabbed her gun from under the counter, returning fire and dropping Terri with a single shot.</p><p> </p><p>

As Terri falls, Cathy jumps the counter keeping her weapon trained on Terri as she approaches. On alert and ready should she need to take any more defensive measures. But she doesn't. When she approaches Terri and checks her neck for a pulse there isn't one. The threat is over as Terri is dead.</p><p>

As Cathy rubs her brow in relief, we see Mike applying pressure to Kelly's chest. Trying to keep the shot that Terri fired at her from bleeding out. But he only has so much success. Kelly can maintain consciousness no longer and passes out from the pain just as the Amarillo police hit the door.</p><p> </p><p>

From all the chaos we cut to a hospital room a few days later. Kelly is bed and looking surprisingly well for someone who came so close to dying. Mike is there at her bedside with her and she's confused. How is she even still alive? All Mike can tell her is they got her to the right hospital. The surgeon who extracted the bullet and sewed her up was a miracle worker. Even the surgeon himself was amazed that Kelly could survive. 90% of the patients he sees with her particular gunshot don't. She smiles and says maybe she had someone to live for. Mike was wonderful in how he fought to support her after she was shot.</p><p> </p><p>

Just then there's a knock on the door facing and Cathy peeks in. She's looking for Kelly Clemens' room. Mike welcomes her in, introduces himself and Kelly and hails Cathy as their hero. Who knows if either of them would still be alive right now if not for Cathy's quick action? But this makes Cathy uncomfortable. She wanted to come and apologize for the trouble she caused. She was the one that introduced Terri to gun power in the first place.</p><p> </p><p>

Mike and Kelly brush that idea off. Cathy wasn't to know how unstable Terri was. They didn't even see it themselves until things were too far gone. And they were the people closest to Terri. They're just thankful Cathy was there when she needed to be and they will make sure everybody knows it. Cathy smiles, hugging her two newfound friends and we fade to the credits.</p><p> </p><p>

Budget - $10,000,000</p><p>

Actors & Director - $5,400,000</p><p>

Production - $1,000,000</p><p>

Marketing - $3,60,000</p><p> </p><p>

Run Time: 130 minutes.</p>

<p>Backyard Baseball is canceled.</p><p> </p><p>

I went too big. Even for my standards.</p><p> </p><p>

I think it's safe to say i'm on a slump for ideas.</p><p> </p><p>

But there is one last hope for me. And it's something I've had on the backburner for a while now.</p><p> </p><p>

› Title: Dog Father</p><p>

› Genre: Animated Drama/Adventure/</p><p>

› Brief Summary Of The Plot: The story of a 'pup out of luck' named Enzo and his escapades with a feared dog gang, from nearly getting into a fight with the leader to learning how to take out any animal that comes his path and even witnessing the betrayal of a supposed ally and watching the group's downfall.</p><p>

› Rating: PG-13</p><p>

› Production Cost:</p><p>

› Marketing Cost:</p><p> </p><p>

TALENT CASTING</p><p>

› Director: There's really only one person we feel is right for the job, and he's a good one: Ralph Bakshi. Has creative freedom in his animation direction.</p><p> </p><p>

› Lead Role: </p><p>

Enzo:</p><p>

Contact: Leonardo DiCaprio, Michael Cera and Elijah Wood.</p><p> </p><p>

Ruvido:</p><p>

Contact: Al Capino, Danny Devito, Ryan Reynolds and Pierce Bronsan</p><p> </p><p>

Artigli:</p><p>

Contact: Liam Nesson, Christopher Plummer and John De Lancie</p><p> </p><p>

› Major:</p><p>

Morso:</p><p>

Contact: Robert Downey Jr, Mark Ruffalo, Ewan McGregor and Connor McGregor</p><p> </p><p>

Crepa:</p><p>

Contact: Richard Roxburgh and Super Crazy (or as he is known in real life: Fernando Rueda</p><p> </p><p>

› Minor Role:</p><p> </p><p>

Bastardino:</p><p>

Contact: Bruce Willis, John DiMaggio and Steven Wright</p><p> </p><p>

Alano:</p><p>

Contact: Ariana Grande, Bette Midler and Tabitha St. German</p><p> </p><p>

Key Cameo:</p><p>

Young Enzo:</p><p>

Right, you'll also notice that NPH isn't even on this list? Why? Because you know what? I'm done trying to fit him into anything. Astronaut? No. Baseball player? No. I'm not going to waste his time or my time any longer. This deal is off. If I get sued for it, fine. I want to at least get one more movie out before HRTV leaves and I have to take over. (Even though i'm a lazy twat...Yeah, I think we may be screwed you guys)</p>

<p>P.S:</p><p> </p><p>

Official Movie Rating for Man to Man (Because i'm too lazy to even bother with an actual review): I'm just gonna give you a 4/5 for this movie and be done with it.</p><p> </p><p>

Box Office: Here's a $100,000,000. Go crazy.</p><p> </p><p>

$211,000,000 is your total.</p><p> </p><p>

Yeah, as you can tell; I don't want to take over this game again. The two times I hosted; I either killed the game entirely or almost killed it.</p><p> </p><p>

And really, i'm just done with this version of the game in particular. I have no ideas for movies, my heart hasn't been into it as it usually was, two out of my three movie pitches didn't even get out of production. It just has not been a good outing for me this version. At all.</p><p> </p><p>

So I'm done trying. I'm sorry if it sounds like i'm being a total ass or i'm being the buzzkill of the party. But it's late, i'm tired and I just want to make something for this version. Anything.</p><p> </p><p>

I'll fill in character descriptions tomorrow. Hopefully this movie can be made so the Golden Girl can at least have one friend.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Russelrules44" data-cite="Russelrules44" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44112" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>P.S:<p> </p><p> Official Movie Rating for Man to Man (Because i'm too lazy to even bother with an actual review): I'm just gonna give you a 4/5 for this movie and be done with it.</p><p> </p><p> Box Office: Here's a $100,000,000. Go crazy.</p><p> </p><p> $211,000,000 is your total.</p><p> </p><p> Yeah, as you can tell; I don't want to take over this game again. The two times I hosted; I either killed the game entirely or almost killed it.</p><p> </p><p> And really, i'm just done with this version of the game in particular. I have no ideas for movies, my heart hasn't been into it as it usually was, two out of my three movie pitches didn't even get out of production. It just has not been a good outing for me this version. At all.</p><p> </p><p> So I'm done trying. I'm sorry if it sounds like i'm being a total ass or i'm being the buzzkill of the party. But it's late, i'm tired and I just want to make something for this version. Anything.</p><p> </p><p> I'll fill in character descriptions tomorrow. Hopefully this movie can be made so the Golden Girl can at least have one friend.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Note that I've got a few questions to Russell, namely actor ratings for the movie so that those who participated can be nominated for awards. Admittedly, it's frustrating to put a lot of time into a movie and be met with very little in the way of feedback, but at this point, it wouldn't do a heck of a lot of good to complain.</p><p> </p><p> I will have a review of "Green Eyed Monster" up tomorrow. Russell, once you get the parts for your movie situated, I'll go through negotiations.</p><p> </p><p> Additionally, I'm hoping to have a movie proposal up later this week for one last shot at making money. Russell, if you can handle administrating this, that'd be great. If not, could someone else please handle it so I can play the same game everyone else is?</p>

Note that I've got a few questions to Russell, namely actor ratings for the movie so that those who participated can be nominated for awards. Admittedly, it's frustrating to put a lot of time into a movie and be met with very little in the way of feedback, but at this point, it wouldn't do a heck of a lot of good to complain.

I will have a review of "Green Eyed Monster" up tomorrow. Russell, once you get the parts for your movie situated, I'll go through negotiations.

Additionally, I'm hoping to have a movie proposal up later this week for one last shot at making money. Russell, if you can handle administrating this, that'd be great. If not, could someone else please handle it so I can play the same game everyone else is?

I have them all in my computer, I should be able to get them done at some point.

But again, it proves why I probably shouldn't be the host again. I'm just too lazy and not passionate enough on hosting to make it work. You can be good at it all you want, but if the heart isn't there; you're destined for failure.

Oh, and I will handle parts for the Dogfather ASAP.

REVIEW: “Green Eyed Monster”

Story Quality: 4.25/5 (At times, there was a lot going on here, perhaps a bit too much in some respects. However, the story was told exceptionally well, and the continued slow burn of Terri’s descent into madness was fascinating.)

Production Quality: 1.5/5 (The low production budget, unfortunately, did hurt this movie in several spots)

Acting Quality: 3.75/5 (The dice rolls smiled upon this movie, as not a single actor put forth what could be perceived as anywhere close to a bad performance. In fact, Tom Felton and Ashley Benson were both terrific, as was director Guy Ferland)

Ending Quality: 4.25/5 (In a movie like this, someone had to die, and that was an appropriate capper to Terri’s story. However, those seeking a happy ending got one when Kelly survived and wound up with Mike.)

MISCELLANEOUS INFORMATION

Director Guy Ferland did tremendous work, and many of the actors responded with very good performances. Tom Felton and Ashley Benson took turns stealing scenes, and nobody in the cast mailed it in.

PERFORMANCES

Guy Ferland: 44

Kate Mansi: 25

Tom Felton: 44

Ashley Benson: 46

True O’Brien: 38

Erin Moriarty: 41

Peter Scolari: 40

Meg Steedle: 29

Brendan Coughlin: 22

STAR POWER EFFECTS

Will handle tomorrow morning!

FINAL NUMBERS

Movie Rating: 3.44/5 (This was a legitimately strong first-out effort from Amalgamated Artists. While the low production budget did hurt the film at several spots, everything else was very well-done, and the film’s fairly-high marketing spend ensured that it did well financially, countering the low star power of the film’s cast.)

Box Office: $16 million

Physical Copies: $7 million (Mod note: cappyboy, you got a really good roll here!)

Amalgamated Artists now has $23 million.

In addition to that movie review, I have finished up my latest pitch (and Russell, I'm REALLY hoping you can handle negotiations for this and rate it, because I'm pretty stoked). Before going into casting, I would like to know the terms by which the team behind a popular video game franchise would approve a movie being made out of it.

Which franchise, you ask?

Title: Mortal Kombat: The Reawakening

Genre: Action/adventure/fantasy, with some comedy thrown in

Plot Summary: It’s been more than two decades since the gates to Earthrealm were ripped open and the world was nearly destroyed. To this day, nobody is quite sure what happened (outside of a few people/beings who are NOT talking), but with the advent of technology and the presence of one dogged reporter, the truth is in danger of coming out. Additionally, there are rumors of evil forces escaping the region known as the Netherrealm, and all signs point to another showdown that could decide the fate of humanity as we know it.

Rating: PG-13 (violence, suspense, mild language)

Production Cost: TBD

Marketing Cost: TBD

TALENT CASTING

Director: We’ll contact Michael Bay, J.J. Abrams, and M. Night Shyamalan. If we’re doing this, we’re doing it right.

Lead: Liu Kang

Once the youthful warrior who twice saved Earthrealm from destruction, Liu Kang now leads a quiet life far away from the hustle and bustle of life in 2017. With his relationship with Princess Kitana long over, it appears as though he’s simply sitting in the country waiting to die…except something happens that changes everything.

We want one person and one person only for this role. Jackie Chan, come on down.

Lead: Brandon Crosby

Brandon Crosby is a struggling reporter for a small-town newspaper in middle America. For kicks, and because both of his parents were police officers, he contributes to Cold Case Magazine, and a random search on a dock in Hong Kong provides insight to a boat’s manifest…one that disappeared one night in 1995 and has one survivor. His journey takes him (by nature an easygoing jokester) completely out of his element, especially once the going gets tough.

As part of a deal with The Viper’s Den (extended in goodwill by the powers-that-be at Tompkins Square Studios), we wrote this role specifically with Neil Patrick Harris in mind. If the studio wishes to wash its hands clean of this matter, Tompkins Square Studios asks for Viper’s Den to pay 50% of NPH’s salary for this role.

Major: Raiden

When Earthrealm is threatened, Raiden springs into action. Known for the electricity in his eyes and the distinctive straw hat he wears, the immortal god of thunder and lightning, after dying and being reincarnated during the second of two climactic battles, has developed a short fuse. This doesn’t get easier when he learns of a plot designed to take down Earthrealm and he finds Liu Kang has apparently retired from fighting.

We’re in talks with Daniel Craig, Nicolas Cage, Joaquin Phoenix, and, in a bit of a surprise, Anthony Hopkins.

Major: Shao Khan

Shao Khan is the emperor of Outworld, and after his failure to conquer Earthrealm, he was banished to the Netherrealm. There, he’s rediscovered his evil powers and managed to return back to his home planet, where he’s spent the last 20 years rebuilding for another assault on Earthrealm. This time, though, he may have even more firepower on his hands.

Tom Hardy is by far our first choice for this role, given his excellent work as Bane. However, we’re also in talks with Gerard Butler.

Minor: Sub-Zero

A longtime favorite among Mortal Kombat fans, Sub-Zero has lived comfortably…for him. He’s in an igloo in Antarctica, and in exchange for his service fighting global warming, Raiden and the fellow gods have given him an unconditional pardon for all murders he committed while part of the Lin Kuei group of assassins (writer’s note: No, we’re not above convenient political commentary where it fits in the overarching storyline!). It’s sort of a Witness Protection Program, and as such, Raiden knows EXACTLY where to find him when things get tough.

We’re approaching Colin Farrell and Jason Statham.

Minor: Kitana/Kit Rodriguez

Liu Kang’s estranged love interest, Kitana, has experienced plenty of change. Upon returning to Outworld, Shao Khan (Kitana’s father) murdered her mother, and stopped short of murdering her only when she denounced her immortality in favor of being banished to the Earthrealm, where (in theory) she would have no contact with her demonic father or any of his subordinants. She’s made huge steps to remove herself from her past life, now goes by Kit Rodriguez…and is a fellow news reporter at the same paper Brandon works at.

We’re approaching Penelope Cruz and Zoe Saldana.

Minor: Scorpion

Sub-Zero’s sworn nemesis (that’s what happens when one kills the other’s brother, you know), Scorpion has risen to become Shao Khan’s main foot soldier. He was instrumental in the emperor regaining power, and when he hears of Sub-Zero’s continued presence on Earthrealm, the stage is set for a final battle between the two forces.

We’re approaching Terry Crews and Idris Elba.

Minor: Mack Smith

Mack Smith is renowned as the best fighter on the planet. In the sport of cage-fighting, he’s without any peers, and dispatches opponents with a ruthless ease not seen among many fighters. Naturally, Raiden attempts to recruit him for the fight against Shao Khan, but Smith seems…distant.

We’re in talks with John Cena and Chris Pine.

Key Cameo: Sonya Blade

In an homage to the earlier "Mortal Kombat" movies, Sonya Blade will appear in one scene, as a result of being a confirmed witness to the missing boat in Hong Kong (she turned out to be on that boat secretly, looking for Kano, who she eventually killed). She’s retired from military life and raising a family, as she and Johnny Cage (who, unfortunately, was killed by Shao Khan at the start of "Mortal Kombat: Annihilation") have a daughter.

We’re approaching Jessica Biel and Jennifer Garner.

Terrific review as I figured it would be. But a little surprised to see Kate Mansi get outshined when she had a role that was essentially written for her. Still, loving the result because now I have creative options. But I also have a bit of a challenge now. Andrew's casting call kind of precludes me from following up with my next most ready project and the one after that is only about half outlined. Will have to see what's doable.

Archived