Any tips on increasing match ratings (mid-game, could use editor if needed)?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Azul" data-cite="Azul" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44155" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Puro ratings are way too high in my opinion. I'm pretty sure that Puro means Strong Style type fighting. Adam will probably rename it in the next game to that. New Japan talks and talks about how they are strong style, but they aren't. I mean they are to a degree, and they are definitely closer to strong style than a company like WWE for example, but they aren't anywhere close to the strong style wrestling from All Japan during the 90s and earlier. The puro ratings are way too high in my opinion. Those ratings should be saved for a company like All Japan in the 90s. The only 2 that should get that rating should be Ishii and Shibata in my opinion. Maybe Makabe. Maybe. <p> </p><p> Also, my gut tells me that a high rating in puro, hardcore, or brawling means more than a high rating in other areas. If you look at the default cornellverse look at how few elite guys there are in hardcore, brawling, and to some degree puro compared to the other ratings. Also, guys with bios that talk about them being amazing brawlers or especially amazing hardcore wrestlers don't have those ratings super high most of the time.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't know if that's how the skills work for a real world mod. My product, as NJPW (Realism/Traditional, which fits with the descriptions provided in that screen), is definitely dependent upon a guy's puroresu stat. You can't argue that Tanahashi doesn't put on arguably the best matches in NJPW, so lowering this stat seems counter intuitive as he should be putting on A - A* matches when called upon to do so.</p><p> </p><p> I can't find the description because I'm not home, but I'm pretty sure it just says "this skill reflects the hard hitting style of Japanese wrestling" or something along those lines. Doesn't explicitly talk about head drops and King's Road.</p>

<p>Dean, I can definitely say that Suzuki always starts in a steep decline in any of my RW NJPW saves so that could be the reason. </p><p> </p><p>

Another thing that I have experiencened is that other than Any combination of Okada/Tana/Naito/Omega no match will give you guaranteed A grade, at least at the start. Gradually as POp and performance skills increase, other UMC and ME will join them at least In terms of my saves.</p><p> </p><p>

Also, check their momentum. If you are running NJpW style tour shows with multi-man, chances are that abosrbing loses means that one of them have low momentum. Momentum impacts much more in perf based feds. Also, Popularity is still as important as in-ring skills even in perf based fed.</p><p> </p><p>

Puro skill refers to stiff style(?) Or let's just say MMA esque realistic shoot style, I think as someone said above, Ishii and Shibata are the only ones in NJPW who should have more than B+ in it.</p><p> </p><p>

I also agree with others than Mixing up the card or Adding 3-4minute packages will definitely help.</p><p> </p><p>

Edit: Ask Joemurphy. He is having spectacular grades in his NJPW dynasty.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="rtandtuk" data-cite="rtandtuk" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44155" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Not sure about match ratings being capped like that, as I've had plenty of A* matches that ran for 17 or 18 minutes in my NJPW save- but I do often include the note "steal the show" for matches under 20 minutes, so that might be doing it. It's trial and error really, and you'll find what works for you to get higher match ratings.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The cap only limits the 'in-ring' portion of a match rating, not the entire match rating. You can still get A and A* matches if the overness of the workers is enough to make up for the cap.</p><p> </p><p> And there's no reason not to 'slow build' every match over 16 minutes, anyone with psychology low enough to not be able to successfully 'slow build' a match doesn't have the psychology to not 'drift a little' for a match that long anyways.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="SanX" data-cite="SanX" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44155" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Dean, I can definitely say that Suzuki always starts in a steep decline in any of my RW NJPW saves so that could be the reason. <p> </p><p> Another thing that I have experiencened is that other than Any combination of Okada/Tana/Naito/Omega no match will give you guaranteed A grade, at least at the start. Gradually as POp and performance skills increase, other UMC and ME will join them at least In terms of my saves.</p><p> </p><p> Also, check their momentum. If you are running NJpW style tour shows with multi-man, chances are that abosrbing loses means that one of them have low momentum. Momentum impacts much more in perf based feds. Also, Popularity is still as important as in-ring skills even in perf based fed.</p><p> </p><p> Puro skill refers to stiff style(?) Or let's just say MMA esque realistic shoot style, I think as someone said above, <strong>Ishii and Shibata are the only ones in NJPW who should have more than B+ in it.</strong></p><p> </p><p> I also agree with others than Mixing up the card or Adding 3-4minute packages will definitely help.</p><p> </p><p> Edit: Ask Joemurphy. He is having spectacular grades in his NJPW dynasty.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Agree</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44155" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't know if that's how the skills work for a real world mod. My product, as NJPW (Realism/Traditional, which fits with the descriptions provided in that screen), is definitely dependent upon a guy's puroresu stat. You can't argue that Tanahashi doesn't put on arguably the best matches in NJPW, so lowering this stat seems counter intuitive as he should be putting on A - A* matches when called upon to do so.<p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No matter your product, he can still put A+ - A matches with a puro rating of 75. It is only 1 rating out of many.</p><p> </p><p> In my opinion I think you are also overrating Tanahashi, if this is a real world mod based on 2017. Age and injuries got to Tanahashi. A - A* when called upon should be only for Omega and Okada, maybe Naito.</p>

I don't want to get into the details of what I think Tanahashi and Suzuki's stats should be, but I want to point out an important fact of TEW is that you can easily get A and A* ratings for both angles and matches without A or A* stats. They help, sure, but there's so many other factors that can boost or detract from a rating, any individual stat is just 1 factor in a complex equation.

<p>It's probably just the mod. I have not been able to find a mod that accurately simulates Modern New Japan.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Everything is just always way too low and I've used like four different modern mods to try and run New Japan.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Outside of using the editor to fix it , I don't really have much advice for you.</p>

Archived