Is there a way to make TEW understand what a place like PWG actually is?

<p>It definitely seems like a hard thing to simulate tho. Their profits come 100% from DVD sales, which seem tied directly to popularity I would imagine. Popularity is then tied to running bigger venues.</p><p> </p><p>

EDIT - If I was running a PWG game, I'd simply run the same venue they do in real life, and add a few thousand to my coffers via the in-game editor at the end of each month to represent the increased DVD sales they have. They prob just about break even as I know both Super Dragon and Excalibur have day jobs. Meaning the profit margins are not huge.</p>

<p>Its pretty hard actually. </p><p> </p><p>

If I wanted to, I'd give them and their regular guys (bucks, Chuck etc) cultish level pop in their region.</p><p> </p><p>

This way, your shows wouldn't be half-bad and you will get enough money to run the buisness.</p><p> </p><p>

Only caveat is that you would be running some 4-5k seater venues. Maybe, edit their venue to have hostile crowd.</p><p> </p><p>

option B would be, keep everything as it is and add a PPV distributor, owned by PWG.( to simulate their DVD sales)</p><p> </p><p>

Make it so that it only runs in your region, nowhere else and give it some medium(ask someone more experienced in this regard) level exposure.</p><p> </p><p>

This plan will also need cultish like pop to be in your region.</p><p> </p><p>

Or do what just dean suggested. PWG profit margins are not that big. After each show, maybe just add some money if you are not making profit.</p>

<p>Thanks guys, likely going to do a combination of these things once I get home. Tweak some pop, create a distributor (perhaps Highspots streaming or something) and see what happens... If I have to add cash I'll add cash.</p><p> </p><p>

The other annoying thing is feeling obligated to book all available guys via how quickly they bitch about not being booked! I've actually found myself purposely running shows on days where dudes are booked elsewhere just to avoid it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Icecold" data-cite="Icecold" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44208" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thanks guys, likely going to do a combination of these things once I get home. Tweak some pop, create a distributor (perhaps Highspots streaming or something) and see what happens... If I have to add cash I'll add cash.<p> </p><p> The other annoying thing is feeling obligated to book all available guys via how quickly they bitch about not being booked! I've actually found myself purposely running shows on days where dudes are booked elsewhere just to avoid it.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Turn off "left off show" complaints. It's not a super realistic feature for companies other than WWE in my opinion. NJPW has "contracts" with maybe a dozen or so wrestlers that are left off the vast majority of their shows (Scurll, Bucks, Cody [half of Bullet Club for that matter], ZSJ, Ibushi, etc.) that aren't complaining about being left off the random "Road to" shows. PWG has the same with guys like War Machine, Elgin, Ricochet, etc.</p>

<p>Or perhaps PWG is being simulated exactly as it should be? The reality is PWG is a fun little promotion but if it is making money, it's not making money hand over fist and while it's popular to the smark, how many average fans know about it?</p><p> </p><p>

Just a thought.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Briskout" data-cite="Briskout" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44208" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Or perhaps PWG is being simulated exactly as it should be? The reality is PWG is a fun little promotion but if it is making money, it's not making money hand over fist and while it's popular to the smark, how many average fans know about it?<p> </p><p> Just a thought.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well, there's no way PWG is actually losing money in real life as they would have been out of business years ago. They've been running for like 14 years. As I said, they make just enough money to cover renting the venue, paying high-end indy wrestlers, and producing DVDs with probably a few thousand (if that) in profit margins. </p><p> </p><p> With that being said, I cannot see how booking PWG as a simulation in TEW 16 would possibly make money. I lose hundreds of thousands a month if I book NJPW in a realistic simulation, and have to game the system a bit to see any revenue at all.</p><p> </p><p> TEW is obviously balanced for Cornellverse and real world mods/gameplay have a WWE bias just because they are the biggest company and easiest to replicate. It's damn near impossible to book an independent or Japanese promotion in a simulation of their real world strategy and make money. Not Adam's fault, but just a combination of the database and how the game is balanced for the Cornellverse.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="dean" data-cite="dean" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44208" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> TEW is obviously balanced for Cornellverse and real world mods/gameplay have a WWE bias just because they are the biggest company and easiest to replicate. It's damn near impossible to book an independent or Japanese promotion in a simulation of their real world strategy and make money. Not Adam's fault, but just a combination of the database and how the game is balanced for the Cornellverse.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's not balanced for the Cornellverse. It's balanced to be a video game, and the Cornellverse just supports the architecture of the game.</p><p> </p><p> Comparing every single detail of real life to the game, from DVD sales to ticket sales to attendances to contracts to production costs and everything else, is just going down a rabbit hole. TEW is a game, and not meant to simulate real life perfectly. It just wouldn't be very fun to start as a small promotion and expect to not lose money and have the most talented workers on your show. It's a game where you have to grow a wrestling promotion.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BrokenCycle" data-cite="BrokenCycle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44208" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It's not balanced for the Cornellverse. It's balanced to be a video game, and the Cornellverse just supports the architecture of the game.<p> </p><p> Comparing every single detail of real life to the game, from DVD sales to ticket sales to attendances to contracts to production costs and everything else, is just going down a rabbit hole. TEW is a game, and not meant to simulate real life perfectly. It just wouldn't be very fun to start as a small promotion and expect to not lose money and have the most talented workers on your show. It's a game where you have to grow a wrestling promotion.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I donno, I think I disagree. I feel like the series and company has prided and promoted itself as a "booking simulator", not a video game. I am honestly shocked by how realistic it can simulate most things and in my opinion is is for the most part a realistic wrestling promotion simulator.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="dean" data-cite="dean" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44208" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Well, there's no way PWG is actually losing money in real life as they would have been out of business years ago. They've been running for like 14 years. As I said, they make just enough money to cover renting the venue, paying high-end indy wrestlers, and producing DVDs with probably a few thousand (if that) in profit margins. <p> </p><p> With that being said, I cannot see how booking PWG as a simulation in TEW 16 would possibly make money. I lose hundreds of thousands a month if I book NJPW in a realistic simulation, and have to game the system a bit to see any revenue at all.</p><p> </p><p> TEW is obviously balanced for Cornellverse and real world mods/gameplay have a WWE bias just because they are the biggest company and easiest to replicate. It's damn near impossible to book an independent or Japanese promotion in a simulation of their real world strategy and make money. Not Adam's fault, but just a combination of the database and how the game is balanced for the Cornellverse.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Only reason they aren't out of business is because they get to rent the venu out close to no cost and workers aren't asking for a lot of money to be booked. In fact PWG barely break even</p><p> </p><p> As for the game, you have to tweak the game world settings to fit TEW into the real world instead of trying to fit the real world into the CVerse...</p>

<p>The problem is that TEW is set up to be more about popularity and ticket then actual scuess. Imagine if OOTP (which is a Baseball management) said "SCrew the world series. Your job is just to sell out the stadium every night."</p><p> </p><p>

It makes slightly more sense for pro wrestling but it is a major compliment I have about the game.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

No one plays Madden or MLB 18's franchise mode to make the most profitable business. They play it to make the best team possible and win all the world series yet winning awards in TEW don't do anything for your business. It seems like winning MOTY and WOTY should have huge boost associated with them so that it's not just "Sign all the popular people regardless of actual in-ring quality and spam promos with them."</p>

Only reason they aren't out of business is because they get to rent the venu out close to no cost and workers aren't asking for a lot of money to be booked. In fact PWG barely break even

As for the game, you have to tweak the game world settings to fit TEW into the real world instead of trying to fit the world world into the CVerse...

Yea but they aren't losing money rapidly which I believe is OP's problem as I faced the same issue when booking NJPW. They obviously make back enough to cover their expenses, which isn't possible in the game as is if you keep booking the same tiny venue they run in reality.

The problem is that TEW is set up to be more about popularity and ticket then actual scuess. Imagine if OOTP (which is a Baseball management) said "SCrew the world series. Your job is just to sell out the stadium every night."

It makes slightly more sense for pro wrestling but it is a major compliment I have about the game.

No one plays Madden or MLB 18's franchise mode to make the most profitable business. They play it to make the best team possible and win all the world series yet winning awards in TEW don't do anything for your business. It seems like winning MOTY and WOTY should have huge boost associated with them so that it's not just "Sign all the popular people regardless of actual in-ring quality and spam promos with them."

Good point. Which also ties into PWG's success, as they are selling DVDs like crazy (who even buys DVDs anymore?) because everyone knows the wrestling is amazing.

The problem is that TEW is set up to be more about popularity and ticket then actual scuess. Imagine if OOTP (which is a Baseball management) said "SCrew the world series. Your job is just to sell out the stadium every night."

It makes slightly more sense for pro wrestling but it is a major compliment I have about the game.

No one plays Madden or MLB 18's franchise mode to make the most profitable business. They play it to make the best team possible and win all the world series yet winning awards in TEW don't do anything for your business. It seems like winning MOTY and WOTY should have huge boost associated with them so that it's not just "Sign all the popular people regardless of actual in-ring quality and spam promos with them."

those games also aren't sims, quite frankly any team isn't winning championships if they aren't making profit.

As for OOTP, you don't fill out a stadium unlesss you are winning and acquiring popular talented players..The more money you make the better you budget depending how forgiving your owner is...

Btw, easiest way to save money is to not have so many people on PPA and giving out downsides. PWG have "touring regulars" rather than a staff of wrestlers under contract...Vutting roster also will lower the chances of people complaining about not being booked.

As for OOTP, you don't fill out a stadium unlesss you are winning and acquiring popular talented players..The more money you make the better you budget depending how forgiving your owner is...

Tad bit off topic but as the GM of the first Washington Senators (who became the Twins), I can attest to that. My team always sucks year after year and we cannot draw flies.

So you game the system. Maybe PWG should have self-owned arenas? As for New Japan, not sure the issue there. I've never played real world since 2008 outside of a single 2001 WCW game on 2016 as the CVerse is built perfectly for the engine.

If you really want to get frustrated, play an Australia game and realize you will never make it to national...

EDIT: By game the system, I mean the mods. Make the mods work in the engine. If that means PWG should be set as a touring company with a self owned arena running shows. If it means NOT running shows every month (a real strategy) aim to do it. If it means working relationship galore with a steady 5 contracted workers - aim to do it. I think one of the things that works well about TEW is how realistic is. Think how PWG is ran and run it like that. If you don't want to grow to a cult, national or beyond level go for it.

Edit 2: To the guy who made the world series analogy: for a promoter his goal probably should be to be #1. No matter what. #1 in the region, #1 in the country, #1 in the world. That means entertaining fans, bringing in money, etc. I've never watched PWG, but I do know about it and I know about BOLA and I'm sure I'm missing great wrestling but honestly, I don't even watch a lot of modern stuff anyways. I'm stuck in 1988 when it comes to wrestling, sue me. But with that said, I get PWG is different so treat it differently. Like I said, give it a promotion owned arena, work different contract types, work less shows and just hope it balances out.

And that's why I gave him the suggestion of gaming the system little bit as he wanted to run PWG as real life.

Also, it's little harsh on the game to suggest it was created to run CVerse. Thing is feds like PWG and LU or even the rapid expansion of WWE are anomalies. Game is created to run the ideal world which our RW world is not. People can argue that historical mods work better(1997) it's because game world has a sense of balance.

Thats why Thunderverse or CVerse run 'better' than current RW mod.

No matter how much time Fleisch or Who mod, it's going to stay like that at least till the new game or WWE let's out some talent and mess up.

So either we can game the system( one I mentioned earlier) or else you won't be able to run some feds as they are run in real life or play by the system's rules.

<p>PWG is a unique circumstance in the wrestling business, and it's impossible to accurately simulate a unique company unless Adam Ryland programs in ways to re-create that uniqueness.</p><p> </p><p>

My understanding, and I may be way off on this, is that PWG is owned by a group of wrestlers, who help absorb the costs of running the company and paying for special guests, and that most people who work regularly for the company do so for much less than their usual rate. Plus, Super Dragon does all the editing and DVD designs himself. In order to accurately simulate PWG, all these things would have to be programmed in somehow.</p><p> </p><p>

I feel like, unless your angle is to grow PWG to become a more major company, the simplest solution would be to just use the editor. TEW is a simulator, but it's also a sandbox, which is why there are so many optional features and the editor is available mid-game.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="FankuKaibutsu" data-cite="FankuKaibutsu" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44208" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>PWG is a unique circumstance in the wrestling business, and it's impossible to accurately simulate a unique company unless Adam Ryland programs in ways to re-create that uniqueness.<p> </p><p> My understanding, and I may be way off on this, is that PWG is owned by a group of wrestlers, who help absorb the costs of running the company and paying for special guests, and that most people who work regularly for the company do so for much less than their usual rate. Plus, Super Dragon does all the editing and DVD designs himself. In order to accurately simulate PWG, all these things would have to be programmed in somehow.</p><p> </p><p> I feel like, unless your angle is to grow PWG to become a more major company, the simplest solution would be to just use the editor. TEW is a simulator, but it's also a sandbox, which is why there are so many optional features and the editor is available mid-game.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well the goal of the game is to grow, PWG isn't concerned with that in real life. Considering it takes the game a while to bankrupt you, the user just have to be ok with being in the red. All of PWG production should be set to amateur. thats pretty much free.DVD sells are in the game. The problem comes up with special guests workers who are pretty much the entire company. Depending on the mod (assuming popularity is correct) most of the key players shouldn't cost that much anyway. The rest of the roster could be hired on the day of the event to save money. Its not that hard at all to run a small company in TEW. I run a small company in my save and my main concern isn't to grow. Game works out fine just expect to lose out on wrestlers sometimes.</p>

It's not just an issue with PWG. It's one of the major problems with the game. It exists in sort of its own bubble, and doesn't simulate running a modern company in this era well enough, or at all. In past EWR and TEW games, pre 2010, this was not an issue. The main issue then was simulating running a historic mod, ironically.

Archived