Tips on booking joint shows - i.e. NJPW & ROH, NJPW & RevPro?

This seems like a pretty regular occurrence, as New Japan consistently holds joint shows with CMLL, ROH and RevPro over the course of the year. The CMLL shows are held in Japan, while the latter in the US and UK, respectively.

Would you, if playing as the booker of NJPW, book these shows? Any tips on how to effectively run them? Should I just talent trade with the partner companies, or sign everyone to short term date-limited contracts? Will it hamper the show if my popularity as NJPW is very low in the new regions?

In reality the shows are promoted by their foreign partner, just using NJPW guys on loan. As far as I know, the shows are still promoted by the other party and in many cases are in the regular venues those companies run. The Fantásticamania shows are the inverse of this, where NJPW uses CMLL guys on a tour of their normal cities. In game though these can be harder to replicate because of the sheer number of loaned talent it would require (you can’t trade for multiple workers at the same time like you can offer the AI unfortunately)

On the other hand if you wanted to replicate the Long Beach shows from the past summer, those would be NJPW produced and to answer your question, if the show isn’t broadcast in Japan it can’t hurt your popularity there.

I actually would like to see this implemented someway in the future. Maybe an option to book a "joint" show which enables the entire locker room and belts (guys working somewhere else would not be available) for all companies involved.

Other than talent trades, I don't know any efficient way to book like this.

A workaround is to raise your pop in that region for just one show, and use alliance titles.

Basically, create a lot of Six Man Alliance titles and replace with people from the other company on the day of the show, so you can loan them. Then just retire the belts and move along.

It's gamey, but it works.

In reality the shows are promoted by their foreign partner, just using NJPW guys on loan. As far as I know, the shows are still promoted by the other party and in many cases are in the regular venues those companies run. The Fantásticamania shows are the inverse of this, where NJPW uses CMLL guys on a tour of their normal cities. In game though these can be harder to replicate because of the sheer number of loaned talent it would require (you can’t trade for multiple workers at the same time like you can offer the AI unfortunately)

On the other hand if you wanted to replicate the Long Beach shows from the past summer, those would be NJPW produced and to answer your question, if the show isn’t broadcast in Japan it can’t hurt your popularity there.

Good point. I’ve done the FM shows before and it’s not too hard to offer short PPA deals to a bunch of their roster. I think the ROH/Rev Pro shows are more like shows I’d book if I was booker of those companies, not NJPW.

Archived