October/November 2017 Draft Hype/Signup Thread

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="NoLegsGaming" data-cite="NoLegsGaming" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44320" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I guess my company is just a TIER above then...</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You're not the APEX company quite yet though...</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mikemanwba" data-cite="mikemanwba" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44320" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You're not the APEX company quite yet though...</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> We will be when we take all of your top talent though x</p>

<p>The trajectory is pretty clear in watcher games - Tier One dominates the USA, LQW is loved by critics, WWA slowly sucks the life out of Chikara, LLLL dominates Mexico. Everyone else seems to slowly deteriorate except DINGO who starts from a lower base and slowly grows. In my three watcher games the same basic pattern occurred. Last game was interesting because a couple of womens feds appeared first in Mexico and then in Scotland and were pretty successful quite quickly.</p><p> </p><p>

Chikara & LQW are death traps.</p>

Me and NoLegs are doing a co-op save alongside his yt one, and 2 months in I've stolen Sasha, Charlotte and Kenny Omega, as well as securing some PPA guys on written deals and NoLegs has stolen Seth Rollins. We're in a working agreement which allows him to use Bobby Goode for his big G1 style tournament and allows me to feud Ambrose with Orton for the title while Omega makes his way in. We're currently a week away from our 2nd PPV each, with me creating a new event called APEX Christmas Climax (in case you want to add it in yourselves)

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="NoLegsGaming" data-cite="NoLegsGaming" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44320" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>On the topic of watching the draft saves, I've just started a youtube series with my company (TIER One) if anybody cares, here is the link:<p> </p><p> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Yu1Mb29oqg" rel="external nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Yu1Mb29oqg</a></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Good vid - WWA 4 Life!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="alpha2117" data-cite="alpha2117" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44320" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Good vid - WWA 4 Life!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks mate, I'll be sure to let you know how WWA does!</p>

It's very different when humans and the AI play. The AI over buys Road Agents etc. In my game Tier one bought a few of those.

Humans plan ahead

In mine I got a ton of people on 3 monthly contracts (Yuji Nagata etc). Good workers but mainly older people. It's a super easy tactic, just search for great workers who are undrafted and take your pick. They can then put over my permanent talent and up both their skills, match ratings and pop. CHIKARA got 3 HARASHIMA, Jun & Togi but not on the short term contracts I'm using. In the real world that happens all the time with people hiring old WWE workers for short term runs to get the rub.

The other tactic if you have multiple areas is hiring local good or pop workers on one night deals and using them to put people over. Again having a vet put over someone gives them a rub without having to burn your own workers pop to do it. Again the AI doesn't think about that.

I also managed to Get Sting, Undertaker, Kurt Angle, Big Show, Stephanie McMahon, Bautista, Trish Stratus on cheapish PPA contracts for 6 months and are using their star power to help elevate people.

Then near the end of the 2nd month people started coming up for contracts. LQW didn't want Petey Williams so I've offeed him a 3 month deal when his current deal finishes. Christopher Daniels has agreed to leave DINGO, JAY Lethal is jumping to me from ROH and Kenny Omega from CHIKARA Japan. I had to pay a premium for Kenny but it's worth it to basically ensure my dominance in Japan. Weirdly for them Shinsuke Nakamura's contract was up the month after Kenny and he's likely to jump too.

I've already got a 2nd A Show, A Womens Tag, and an upcoming Junior title. The AI just wouldn't make the strategic hires a human does.

In my watcher games LLLL & WWA Japan are the two who rule their areas, Tier One meanwhile is crushing everyone else when they want too.

• 3 weeks later...

<p>So I'm wondering if anyone is still playing this world. If so how's it shaping up? I started a new game because I felt like going slightly a different way.</p><p> </p><p>

My game has gone bizarrely well 4 months in with a few hiccups.</p><p> </p><p>

So how did everyone else shake out</p><p> </p><p>

APEX - Chugging along up in Canada. The AI decided to push Baron Corbin hard. </p><p> </p><p>

CHIKARA Japan - Oh man those settings are brutal. Omega tore his stomach muscle, Naomichi Marufuji has a Grade III Fractured Larynx. You don't go more than 2-3 weeks without a news item about an injury. BxB Hulk has been pushed by the AI as the Universal champ. They have fallen to cult. Nakamura jumped to me as did Osprey and Hayata Jr Fujita is coming. Milano Collection A.T is jumping ship too.</p><p> </p><p>

DINGO - or as I call it the buffet. It's still Regional so when contracts come up I've just dined out on whomever I want as they only offer PPA. Cesaro, Storm , McKay & Matt Basso were all poached. Davey Richards walked out on them and has a strong dislike of Jeff Jarrett. They are chugging along okay though thanks to that sweet media deal (DINGO ie WWE Network) which means they have 12 mill+ in the bank. They will eventually get bigger but it will take a long time. CM Punk is champ ... I am of course just waiting to pounce on that.</p><p> </p><p>

DWA - going alright over in the British Isles. They fended off my attempt to get Kana at the end of January. Number 2 in the World influence wise. Kofi Kingston is their champ with Roman as Intercontinental.</p><p> </p><p>

ECZ - Going well. Poached Bryan Danielson from ROH and he's about to arrive. Swann & Alexander and the Uso's hold those two Alpha and Omega belts.</p><p> </p><p>

LLLL - wow - just wow - it's the most fun fed to watch from the outside. Up to International. Stole Randy Orton from Tier One ... when I think of Lucha Libre I think Randy Orton. Backstage basket case though. The Two Dragon Lee's and Rush all have strong dislike of the owner who obviously annoyed one of the brothers which poisoned the whole thing. As expected they hire who they like from a big pool in Mexico - including Dulcie Garcia (Sexy Lady) who is Feminal champ (Good luck with that), Miny Rey Misterio who is Nacional champ (again a poisonous backstage guy) and Psycho Clown who they hired and then made Universal Champ straight away. Heaps of simmering tensions when I look through their workers.</p><p> </p><p>

LQW - Again those settings are brutal for injuries. Austin Aries is the Junior Heavyweight Champ. They have great momentum. Seth Rollins wanted out of Dodge though.</p><p> </p><p>

ROH - They had 1/2 a roster but also had money so they immediately just hired whomever was lying around which isn't as bad as it sounds because there was some decent talent just lying around. Daniel Bryan is their champ but he's jumping to ECZ. </p><p> </p><p>

Tier One - still most influential but down to national. Lost AJ to me and Randy to LLLL and seems to be having difficulties keeping up the scores necessary to stay at the top. After Randy jumped they decided to put the belt on Jake Hager (Jack Swagger). The Miz is carrying them on his back as Junior Heavyweight champ. Cena won the King of Empire tourney. That mid card just doesn't have a lot of star power and with Cena being older even if Randy & AJ hadn't jumped they were still struggling after their main event. The AI hired a bunch of girls for a women's division. They beat me in pursuit of Mickie James and Magnus, both are good buys as they have Star Quality and that's what that mid card desperately needed. </p><p> </p><p>

As for me - </p><p> </p><p>

Hired a ton of Japanese vets on 3 mth PPA contracts - those that work well are now rolling into month 5. Some have taken younger workers under their wing.</p><p> </p><p>

Hired some young men and women and spent the first few months of pre shows trying different combos of tag teams until I got the right chemistry for them. </p><p> </p><p>

Created a 2nd A show WWA King of Sports. My A shows are now 2.5hrs long and all my Events are 4 hrs long because with my rosters size I can fill the time easily. It's really fun trying to manage the talent so everyone gets to shine.</p><p> </p><p>

Hired Kurt Angle and pushed him into a feud with Okada which meant he jobbed in the Main Event at my first 3 PPV's. He also go his 3rd Steroid test fail and after two attempts to make him improve with fines I canned him. Of course he then improved his behaviour and was happy ... sigh.</p><p> </p><p>

I'm up to over 14 mill in finances and I'm making about 1.2 a month despite having a bloated roster.</p><p> </p><p>

Okada has made 6 title defences of the King of Kings</p><p> </p><p>

Cheerleader Melissa took the Queen of the Ring title from Madison Eagles at the end of December. The two of them have great chemistry - duh.</p><p> </p><p>

Shingo Takagi & YAMATO are awesome as Gladiator Tag Champs.</p><p> </p><p>

Naito, CIMA & KENTA held the Dragon Warriors until surprise opponents Rollins, Styles & Nakamura took the belts at the end of December.</p><p> </p><p>

Lesnar & Rousey were Balance champs until Rousey decided to go off and train for an MMA fight and they dropped the belt to dean Brady and demi Bennett. Those 2 got excellent chemistry and Brady is 22 now but a beast in the ring. Bennett is 21 and coming along really quickly.</p><p> </p><p>

I instituted a Witch Queens Womens tag title and Ember Moon and the Queen of Strong Style (Alex Lee) held it until the end of January. They have excellent chemistry and just couldn't have a bad match. They dropped the belt to Blondetourage at the end of January (Barbie Blank & Taryn Terrell) but that's just temporary. </p><p> </p><p>

Instituted a J Bomb (Lightweight title) for Takeshita who held it until Hiromu Takahashi just took it. I've been having Daryl as unrated in post match celebrations with Hiromu because in my mind I'm going to be selling stuffed cat toys by the bucket load. </p><p> </p><p>

Tips for people hire wise</p><p> </p><p>

Senza Volto - So a young 22 yo French Luchador makes little sense for me except for one thing - he's freaking awesome. Not just his mask but his stats too</p><p> </p><p>

Ultramantis Black - hire him. He's just a great Colour guy and he can work well in the ring in shorter matches (he has the stamina of an asthmatic ant).</p><p> </p><p>

Ryan Nemeth - he's got good SQ and solid if unspectacular skills. Paired him with the next suggestion.</p><p> </p><p>

Jesse White. Vader's kid again has good SQ. They are works in progress but they connect well with the fans. Renamed Jesse J Van Vader and Ryan is Ryan Inn so they are the Inn-Vaderz. It's worth hiring White & Nemeth just to have someone on the roster who could develop into a star if they got a decent destiny roll.</p><p> </p><p>

Julia Ho - Mae Young competitor is actually pretty darn good in ring. </p><p> </p><p>

Estrella Divina - so I hired an Exotico because I like those odd fringe gimmicks but he's really young and pretty darn good in ring </p><p> </p><p>

Fuka - a great all round talent who can work both Announcing and Colour and looks good. Does my B show as Announcer and I use her as my A shows interviwere.</p><p> </p><p>

Aika Ando - she's crappy in ring but her looks, mic skills and colour potential are huge. </p><p> </p><p>

DASH Chisako - she's a beast in the ring and I keep getting told she has charisma by my top guys.</p><p> </p><p>

Doug Willaims - If he is not in decline he's just a fantastic buy.</p><p> </p><p>

Hana Kimura - She's only 20 and her base stats are strong.</p><p> </p><p>

Hayabusa III - He's really young and has huge holes in his game but his upside is huge. </p><p> </p><p>

Hikaru Shida - She's just a great tlent.</p><p> </p><p>

Jushin Thunder Liger - So if you get him he's 52 but can still go. The huge upside though is his announcing and colour stats mean that if you lose your announcer or colour man then he can slot into the role. </p><p> </p><p>

Adam Maxted - he's pretty crap in ring but he's young and his SQ is strong and he kept winning prospect polls in the media in game so I gave him a go. He' a negative influence but my roster is so relentlessly positive that it doesn't matter. </p><p> </p><p>

Marshall Von Erich - Same as Maxted except bigger and less of a jerk. Sometimes it's worth taking a punt on people with decent SQ at a young age because the other stuff develops in ring if you work hard enough.</p>

Archived