Pay-Per-View Deal Questions

So, I am creating a database for me and a few people and I am defaulting us to one year PPV deals.

We are all Cult sized, with localized TV Deals. However, I am stuck when it comes to PPV deals.

What if I was to give everyone a default deal to Comcast and Company A and B both have PPVs on the 3rd Week Sunday: Does that screw over one of the companies? Can you have two companies with the same PPV provider and night?

See, it is easy to do with TV because, since we are all Cult size, it makes sense to sign deals with TV stations that are regional specific, i.e. I am a Chicago based promotion, so I sign with WCIU because that is a Great Lakes specific station.

But all of the PPV providers have nationwide audiences (with 1 or 2 exceptions) and to me that means if my promotion in Chicago and my buddy's in Philly run a PPV on 3rd Week Sundays, we can sign a deal with Comcast and not step on each other's PPV numbers.

I want to be sure I don't poach PPV buys from the other promotions unless it is because am running the better promotion.

Thanks!

So, I am creating a database for me and a few people and I am defaulting us to one year PPV deals.

We are all Cult sized, with localized TV Deals. However, I am stuck when it comes to PPV deals.

What if I was to give everyone a default deal to Comcast and Company A and B both have PPVs on the 3rd Week Sunday: Does that screw over one of the companies? Can you have two companies with the same PPV provider and night?

See, it is easy to do with TV because, since we are all Cult size, it makes sense to sign deals with TV stations that are regional specific, i.e. I am a Chicago based promotion, so I sign with WCIU because that is a Great Lakes specific station.

But all of the PPV providers have nationwide audiences (with 1 or 2 exceptions) and to me that means if my promotion in Chicago and my buddy's in Philly run a PPV on 3rd Week Sundays, we can sign a deal with Comcast and not step on each other's PPV numbers.

I want to be sure I don't poach PPV buys from the other promotions unless it is because am running the better promotion.

Thanks!

Well, I've never seen a PPV get turned down because another company was already using the slot, so I'm guessing it doesn't matter, but I suppose I can't say for sure. I wouldn't think it would matter.

Archived