EMLL: High Popularity, Small Company

<p>You know when people say "wrestling John Cena, even in defeat, is great for that person" well... in this game it's actually true.</p><p> </p><p>

Check your NBT list, or Hot Prospects, or just people you want to push, and have them go into feuds, have the match be open, have them in segments with the workers, and just... see where it goes. In the meantime have the NEXT guy you want to lose to "John Cena" win their feud. This works great when Bandido for example is champ.</p><p> </p><p>

At your "WrestleMania" have Angel de Mexico and El Bandido main event. By the time your next "WrestleMania" starts you'll have a brand new main event.</p>

El Bandido looks like he has pretty good entertainment skills. I don't know what kind of a promotion EMLL is, or what the match ratio is, but if you center most of your storylines around him and have him in angles and involved in multiple storylines, that should help everyone's segments ratings up and help them get over

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BrokenCycle" data-cite="BrokenCycle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44343" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Keep Strong is the most overpowered thing in the game, to the point that it doesn't really make much sense. Yeah it hurts the match rating, but you'll reap the rewards in the long run.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's true, I've for sure abused it to keep Guerrero Muerto over in this company as he seems to be the next generation guy on that roster and is currently to top Rudo. EMLL is a fun company IMO as I'm starting to feel like the small/regional companies in Mexico are more fun than other countries.</p><p> </p><p> Also, is this the only Mexican company thread? I remember looking at the linked companies thread when I first purchased the game about 8 months ago and not getting in to Mexico until the last month or so because nothing was linked for any of them.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="El Horse" data-cite="El Horse" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44343" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Also, is this the only Mexican company thread? I remember looking at the linked companies thread when I first purchased the game about 8 months ago and not getting in to Mexico until the last month or so because nothing was linked for any of them.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Here's the one for OLLIE. I think there may be one for SOTBPW as well, but I can't recall.</p><p> <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534490" rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534490</a></p>

Yeah, I haven't seen much in the way of lucha threads either. I love the idea of EMLL, and have played it a bunch. Not quite as good at 16 as I was the last version, and I wasn't great at the last version. But I love lucha libre and gravitated toward booking them.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lr10540" data-cite="lr10540" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44343" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Here's the one for OLLIE. I think there may be one for SOTBPW as well, but I can't recall.<p> <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534490" rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534490</a></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The SOTBPW thread is <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=537620&highlight=sotbpw" rel="external nofollow">here</a>. Have added that one, this one, and the OLLIE one (thanks for the link!) to the pinned thread now as well.</p>

• 6 months later...
I've been pondering trying EMLL, as they're the only Mexican company I haven't tried yet. How does everyone deal with the "All 1 on 1" thing? It seems to me you'd quickly run into repetitive booking that way, unless you have a large roster or high turnover.

• 3 weeks later...

<p>Playing around a bit, and EMLL has lots of potential. They're right on the cusp of Regional status, and I nearly spit my beverage out when I saw how much money they start with.</p><p> </p><p>

Further, El Bandido is a pretty chill owner. You want to start a Women's Division? Yeah, fine. You want to throw tag matches or other multi-man matches in his normally 1 on 1 show? He don't care. (It's a little more work than I usually care for on a weekly basis, because I love using the auto booker, but you can manually book or use the assistant booker).</p><p> </p><p>

The downsides? First, the backstage isn't great, it starts at 60-something. But you have $2.5 million. Splurge on perks, hire positive influences, hire friends and relatives (Lucia Valencia, Los Monteros, and Fallen Angel are all obvious choices), go a little nuts.</p><p> </p><p>

The other thing is that you need Comedy matches on each show. You start off with a few guys who are good at that, like La Estrella and (surprisingly) Guerrero Muerte, but you can and should hire a few more. If you're looking at the Unemployed list, Payaso Junior, Soda De La Uva Jr, and Jose Flamenco are all good choices to fill this niche.</p><p> </p><p>

Also, upgrade production. Again, you have the cash, and you may very well hit Regional after your very first show (though I'd recommend capping at Small and waiting a month or two), and once you're at Regional, you can get a 90 minute show on Canal Tres.</p><p> </p><p>

Lastly, you have a few guys on the roster, like Aprendiz and Angel de Mexico, who'll take on proteges, so that's good too.</p>

Archived