At What Point do you start running more than one show a month?

I'm playing a game in the 87 mod as a company Brody starts in the Mid South and I started it with 0 pop across the US with 10 pop in the mid south and no cash. Right now I'm a year in and have a positive bank account of -5,500 But I run one 1 hour show a month and draw in anywhere from 350-500 fans usally making a profit most months now. When should I start running two shows? I tried it the last month and lost 6,000 and knocked me into debt. When do yall usally run with more than one show a month (I'm a small company still have a little ways to get to Regional)

Well, in a zero challenge like you're doing (no pop and no cash), I wouldn't be running one show a month. I've noticed, from talking to several local promoters, that many real world promotions run quarterly shows. That's four shows a year. In TEW, that would fit you better since it would allow you to build a war chest you can use to make those four shows the best they can possibly be while also turning a profit. Then you can progress from there (to maybe six shows a year and on and on). I don't play with those rules so I often start running two shows a month within two years of gameplay. But that's mainly because I start with a good amount of money that allows me to continually build my home area so it's more profitable. That additional profit can be reinvested into making the next show that much better.

TEW works very different than real life. If you run one show a month it will take you forever to get anywhere. If you run less than a show a month it will take even longer. If you're starting like the RtG challenge at 0 pop you have basiclaly 18 months to get in the black. You want to basically blast out shows right away. I ran a weekly show and a monthly (so five shows a month) and even with not great sponsorship I was making money by month 16 so with two months to spare.

A lot of it depends on the economy and wrestling industry. A lot of times, running a Regional company, I can make a tidy profit of $5k-$10k with just one show a month. That won't do much for your pop or momentum, however. In my current game, I'm running two shows a month. Once I consistently make a profit, I'm increasing it to weekly shows.

<p>I start running two shows per month and one extra quarterly show at Small, then at Regional, I run a weekly tv show if I can get one (otherwise a weekly event), one monthly event, and one quarterly. When I get to Cult, I run one monthly event, one quarterly event, one weekly tv show, and one weekly untelevised event that is just their to earn $$$.</p><p> </p><p>

With my monthly and quarterly events I do big shows with lots of workers. for the weekly event and tv shows, I run one hour shows, without many workers.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Apupunchau@optonline" data-cite="Apupunchau@optonline" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44376" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>TEW works very different than real life. If you run one show a month it will take you forever to get anywhere. If you run less than a show a month it will take even longer. If you're starting like the RtG challenge at 0 pop you have basiclaly 18 months to get in the black. You want to basically blast out shows right away. I ran a weekly show and a monthly (so five shows a month) and even with not great sponsorship I was making money by month 16 so with two months to spare.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Listen to this man. He turned my struggling Regional fed into a company coining in 200k a month - more at <a href="http://greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2173951&postcount=626," rel="external nofollow">http://greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2173951&postcount=626,</a> <a href="http://greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2252956&postcount=789," rel="external nofollow">http://greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2252956&postcount=789,</a> <a href="http://greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2254338&postcount=799" rel="external nofollow">http://greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2254338&postcount=799</a> and <a href="http://greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2256697&postcount=805" rel="external nofollow">http://greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2256697&postcount=805</a> to show the state of my company at various points. I believe my first couple of years I ran about 16-20 shows to try and stay afloat... but eventually you just have to go all-in.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Matt_Black" data-cite="Matt_Black" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44376" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Where I get hung up is running that many shows a month while trying to break into a new region.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Don't break into a new region. Its a trap</p><p> </p><p> Keep running your region untill you have enough money to buy your own broadcast network. Even at tiny you'll start gaining overness in all the regions it covers - in AAA's case you'd get all the US regions. Your spillover will already have you pretty high in a bunch of regions so your show will get you to cult in no time flat. Less then a year in most case.</p><p> </p><p> Also don't make a TV show on your network. Just broadcast your events as weekly events. TV tapings have smaller audiences and make you less money.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Apupunchau@optonline" data-cite="Apupunchau@optonline" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44376" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Don't break into a new region. Its a trap<p> </p><p> Keep running your region untill you have enough money to buy your own broadcast network. Even at tiny you'll start gaining overness in all the regions it covers - in AAA's case you'd get all the US regions. Your spillover will already have you pretty high in a bunch of regions so your show will get you to cult in no time flat. Less then a year in most case.</p><p> </p><p> Also don't make a TV show on your network. Just broadcast your events as weekly events. TV tapings have smaller audiences and make you less money.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> When making a broadcaster what type would you recommend?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="K-Nection" data-cite="K-Nection" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44376" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>When making a broadcaster what type would you recommend?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I did subscription based. I'm pretty sure commercial is viable as well. I don't know about the other ones.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Apupunchau@optonline" data-cite="Apupunchau@optonline" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44376" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I did subscription based. I'm pretty sure commercial is viable as well. I don't know about the other ones.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I haven't tried making a broadcaster yet but I have another question. Does your shows have to be a certain quality or you can just put out whatever?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="K-Nection" data-cite="K-Nection" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44376" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I haven't tried making a broadcaster yet but I have another question. Does your shows have to be a certain quality or you can just put out whatever?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Whatever you want. You own the broadcaster. There are no minimum show quality (ratings) there are no minimum production qualities, you don't need x amount of overness in y amount of regions.</p>

So, with the advice here, I started anew, and as a result, I am making about $100k a month, momentum and prestige have increased to C and D, respectively, and I've won a few regional battles, and it's only August 2016. Things are running so smoothly on the business end that I might increase some of the production values.

Archived