Okay, I think it would be wise to look into contract decisions for individuals in WMMA 5.

In my most recent save, Isaiah Monroe has become one of the better Middleweights in the world. I edited the database to have HILITE active at the start and took them over (they start at Low Regional in the US, so Standard contracts for a bit). Monroe was signed away by GAMMA but they foolishly allowed him to slip and didn't resign him before the final few months of his contract, when other orgs can make offers. I offered him a ludicrous contract of $30,000 base pay with a 15% win increase and 100% win bonus; plus 20% for all of the other bonuses. He (rightly) accepted our offer over GAMMAs, but after just two fights (of a contracted 8 over 3 years), he has now voided our deal to sign with GAMMA again.....for $2,500 a fight and a 2.5% win increase. He was basically making $100k a fight with us, after bonuses. Fighting for us, he had moved up to #5 in the world and top 20 pound-for-pound. We also have the #6 Middleweight (also top 20 p4p), plus Osmosis Benn (who also voided a 12k contract to sign a 2,500 deal with BCF), so there is reasonable competition for him at the top of our division.

Why would a guy throw away the chance at over half a million dollars to be locked up at $2,500 per fight for 2 years? I think the Exclusive nature of the contract and the high profile of the org was weighted a little too heavily here. I'd understand if GAMMA came in and offered a similar contract (they could easily afford it) and stole Monroe from me, but not taking him for pennies on the dollar.

Also, I think fighters should be a little more selective when signing an Exclusive contract. With HILITE, I should have a harder time getting everyone on exclusive deals when I finally reach that popularity level. Those top talents should probably hold out for exclusive contracts from the GAMMA/ALPHA level companies (the exceptions I could see are if a lower popularity company has the majority of the top fighters in a weight class...eg WEFF or XCC with their lowest weight class)

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="udlb58" data-cite="udlb58" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44407" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Why would a guy throw away the chance at over half a million dollars to be locked up at $2,500 per fight for 2 years? </div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I can't tell if you were asking a rhetorical question or not, but if it was a genuine query the answer is because you're slightly misunderstanding the mechanics of contract offers in that game. </p><p> </p><p> When GAMMA made their offer that started a new negotiation phase. When a negotiation phase is started in WMMA4, unless the fighter rejects all the offers, <em>he will accept the best offer from that that he receives</em>. As you didn't make a counter offer, you were never in the running to keep him and therefore he left. You were under the misunderstanding that your existing deal was relevant, that GAMMA would have to beat it to steal him, which isn't true. (You likely would have kept him had you made an offer that was exactly the same as the deal he was under.)</p>

I can't tell if you were asking a rhetorical question or not, but if it was a genuine query the answer is because you're slightly misunderstanding the mechanics of contract offers in that game.

When GAMMA made their offer that started a new negotiation phase. When a negotiation phase is started in WMMA4, unless the fighter rejects all the offers, he will accept the best offer from that that he receives. As you didn't make a counter offer, you were never in the running to keep him and therefore he left. You were under the misunderstanding that your existing deal was relevant, that GAMMA would have to beat it to steal him, which isn't true. (You likely would have kept him had you made an offer that was exactly the same as the deal he was under.)

interesting....i did not know that!

Archived