Longest layoff for a save?

The longest save I've ever gone for a promotion on TV is around 2 years. Every time I don't play for a week or so, it's over, and I usually just start over with a new one.

I'm assuming that a lot of people are like this, but does anyone have any experience to share with going back to saves?

What's the longest you've gone without playing a save that you went back to?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Winter8905" data-cite="Winter8905" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44409" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I can go a few weeks without touching a save, I can go back to it, although it can take a couple hours to remember what my plans were.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This is one of the things I really liked about the chained storylines pre-13. If I had to take a long stretch off between plays of a save, the storyline would stay stuck were it was too and it made picking up all that much easier. Just about the only time I had these issues was when I had to wait to book the very ends of storylines and I didn't have the next one figured for yet.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BrokenCycle" data-cite="BrokenCycle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44409" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The longest save I've ever gone for a promotion on TV is around 2 years. Every time I don't play for a week or so, it's over, and I usually just start over with a new one. <p> </p><p> I'm assuming that a lot of people are like this, but does anyone have any experience to share with going back to saves? </p><p> </p><p> What's the longest you've gone without playing a save that you went back to?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> There are times I go a few weeks without playing so I always leave notes for myself in the notepad and always prebook my weekly shows ahead of time as well as my monthly event so even if I have forgotten my next move I have fail safes in place so I can get back into it. Doing it this way has been a game saver because I always ended up scrapping saves because I didn't know where I was going.</p>

Mine was a year or more. Our old computer start having issues so we had to get a new one, which we used for just personal stuff mostly. About 6 months later I got my It guy at work to pull everything off the hard drive. Took another 6 months before I built myself a new pc and actually took the time to transfer the saves to that computer. Finally got back my favorite saves and have just started working backwards to remember where I left off in my storylines.

Mine was close to/over a year. My WWE 13 game (now at year 2017) has been my longest running consecutive game. I took huge breaks between after either getting bored or burnt out. But I put too much work into it to ever ditch it entirely. So I pick it up whenever the itch comes back and play it months at a time. Then drop it again when I'm over it.

My longest save was when I took the Montreal Aftermath to WrestleMania 2000 and maybe a month after. This was on and off for about the entire time the game was out.

Normally, I'll do the same as OP and start a new game if I haven't played in a couple weeks. It just tends to be hard to get my mind back on the long term storylines that I was thinking about when I was playing the save before.

• 2 weeks later...

<p>My current game I left for 6 or 7 months. And I actually came back and went in completely different directions than I’d originally planned for some of my guys.</p><p> </p><p>

I update the descriptions of storylines every PPV to keep track of what has happened so far, e.g. ‘After several months of Rich Money’s goons interfering in Rick Law’s matches, Law has challenged Money to put himself where his mouth is. Can Law deliver?’ </p><p> </p><p>

This leaves me, mostly, enough to remember what was happening, while still keeping the future open in case I come back and decide on some Russo-style craziness.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DCEnygma" data-cite="DCEnygma" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44409" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I started my 21CW save when the game came out and have had multiple month+ long breaks from it, but it's still going strong. I'm in my 5th year with the game at this point and still love how it's all come together.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm the same. My only long term save since the game came out is the SWF game I started at the beginning. I'm just about to enter 2020 in that save and have taken a lot of breaks from the game. I've done really detailed storylines for that game forever so it's pretty easy to jump back in.</p>

I've gone days, weeks and months without playing TEW. I can always pick up right where I left off though. I don't even need any sort of written notes (within or outside of the game). I just look at my roster, champions and recent event history. I instantly know who I had big plans for, who I was growing tired of and the overall direction I wanted to go. I have multiple saves, using multiple databases, on two different computers. Absolutely confusing sometimes when transferring saves and license between the desktop and laptop.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived