National Wrestling Conference - Slammin' TV

National Wrestling Conference

I got a little bored of my UWF diary, but I will get back to it. Decided to bring a little bit of Slammin' TV to all of you. It'll be pretty much logo/graphics free for the most part.

September 1995

Slammin' TV shown in syndication and a deal has been signed with STV in the UK.

NWC Slammin' TV - Week 1 September

{TC Martin and Al Lorenz kick off the show.}

TC: "We're here with another hour of Slammin' TV."

Al: "Yes we are. We may not be fuelled by Nitro and things here may not be Raw, but they are...Slammin'!"

TC: "So, what do we have for you tonight. Well, we'll be talking to Jim Neidhart about his goals in the NW..."

Al: "TC, look out at the ring...it's The Warrior!"

{We switch across to The Warrior, who is standing in the ring and just looking to the skies.}

Warrior: "Why bring me here, WHY? I have travelled through the stars, my Warriors by my side and YOU led me to the NWC. Why? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY?"

Al: "What is he...?"

TC: "Al, who knows what the Warrior will do next. Whatever it is though, he's doing it right here."

Warrior: "The excitement, the GLORY, golden times for the Warrior...THEY ARE HERE! You've shown me two different paths, my mind is racing. WHAT shall I do...SPEAK TO ME, SPEEEEEEEEEEAK!"

{Warrior stops, shakes brielfy and faces the camera.}

Warrior: "THEY have spoken, the voices that guide my path. I will not be in the NWC long..."

TC: "WHAT? Al, what is he saying?"

Al: "Calm TC, calm!"

Warrior: "...but my time here will BE glorious! The passion runs through my veins, it runs through everything I do and tonight I will take on a challenge. A CHALLENGE against another man who will be led, led to this ring by the NEED to defeat me and prove himself to all."

{The Warrior leaves the ring and calmly walks to the back as we return to Al and TC."

Al: "Well, okay, so he's not going to be here a long time. We saw him in July when he attacked the Honky Tonk Man and...TC...who do you think he'll face tonight."

{TC is absolutely beyond himself with anger.}

Al: "Okay, let's get to the first match." (B)

Match #1

The Power Company Twins defeated Super Boy & The Dirtbike Kid (E+)

{A strange figure is shown in the shadows, neither Al nor TC have any idea who it is.} (C-)

Match #2

The Honky Tonk Man defeats Bob Bradley (C-)

{The Honky Tonky Man is grabbed by Bill Anderson after the match.}

Bill: "Honky Tonk."

Honky: "Oh, hey Bill, impressive match huh! You know, maybe you do suit that...well, that suit. Safer out here, unless you want to get back in?"

Bill: "No, no, I'm fine on this side of the ropes these days. How about you though, didn't you want to face Warrior tonight?"

Honky: "After what he did to me in July? Let it be someone elses problem, he's doing what he always does anyway." (D+)

Match #3

Koko B Ware defeats Jason Anderson (D)

{We're taken backstage, where Bill Anderson is sitting down with Jim Neidhart.}

Bill: "Jim, you've had a very successful career elsewhere and the NCW fans will obviously be wondering what your plans are."

Jim: "More success, hahaha! It's simple Bill, you know...take it whilst you still have it."

Bill: "Fair enough. Now, have you heard the voices yet?"

Jim: "Voices? No, I'm not hearing voices. Voices?"

Bill: "So you aren't facing the Warrior in his final match tonight?"

Jim: "No I'm...wait, what? Final match?"

Bill: "Yes, he's announced that he's..."

{Jim has by now ripped the microphone off himself and is up from his chair.}

Jim: "It would appear I am facing him."

{We return to the announce area.}

Al: "Well, this should be quite the main event." (D+)

Match #4

The Warrior defeats Jim Neidhart

[Neidhart gave it his absolute best, taking the Warrior down at one point and even hitting a few chair shots on the outside. The Warrior though took control and came out on top, though he didn't notice the dark character from earlier making his way down to ringside.] (C+)

{Post-match, Neidhart would again hit a chair shot and The Great Kabuki would blow mist in the face of The Warrior. The final shot of this weeks Slammin' TV being a blinded Warrior crawling around the ring.} (B-)

Overall: C

TV Rating: 0.03

<div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">NWC Slammin' TV - Week 2 September</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>{The show opens with TC and Al standing with The Warrior.}</strong></p><p> </p><p>

TC: "Good evening everyone and welcome to another hour of Slammin' TV."</p><p> </p><p>

Warrior: "TC, can I just step right in here. Last week, I stood in the centre of the ring and spoke OF A PATH. That path has been chosen now and it takes me AWAY...AWAY from the NWC..."</p><p> </p><p>

TC: "Warrior, if I can just cut back in briefly. I'm disappointed, heck all our viewers will be disappointed."</p><p> </p><p>

Warrior: "YES, disappointed...I TOO am disappointed. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT, disappointment can so easily be turned TO JOY! Who's to say we won't meet again, who's to say the NWC won't reach a level where our PATHS CONVERGE! Wouldn't that be great TC, wouldn't that be...ULTIMATE?"</p><p> </p><p>

TC: "Ha, a strong nod to where you are headed next there I feel."</p><p> </p><p>

Al: "Warrior, where is the joy now though? The people watching at home, in this arena!"</p><p> </p><p>

Warrior: "TEARS Al...the tears I SAW last week when I WAS BLINDED! I'll dry those eyes, DRY THEM as only The Warrior can, as I face the masked FREAK tonight!"</p><p> </p><p>

TC: "Tonight? Warrior, you made it appear that you were leaving last week and..."</p><p> </p><p>

Warrior: "TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONIGHT TC! KABUKI, there will be no singing or dancing tonight for you...NO JOY!"</p><p> </p><p>

{The Warrior leaves the announce area.}</p><p> </p><p>

TC: "Well, it appears we have a Warrior versus The Great Kabuki main event tonight. Let's get to our first match and then we'll return with news of the line up for the rest of the show." <strong>(B-)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Match #1</strong></p><p>

Ross Greenberg defeated Johnny Paine <strong>(F)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>{We return to the announce team.}</strong></p><p> </p><p>

TC: "Okay, so on to the rest of the show and it's going to be a good one."</p><p> </p><p>

Al: "Indeed, we'll be having three Slammin' ten minute time limit matches as we go look to find the three contestants for next weeks three way match."</p><p> </p><p>

TC: "The winner of that will, of course, face Sabu for the NWC Heavyweight Championship at the end of the month."</p><p> </p><p>

Al: "With that in mind, let's go to Bill Anderson. Bill!"</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>{Bill Anderson is with Jim Neidhart.}</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Bill: "Jim, we're just hearing...you've got a CHANCE AT GOLD!"</p><p> </p><p>

Jim: "Exactly as it should be, you don't bring someone like me in to a promotion and not push me right to the top. Hahahaha!"</p><p> </p><p>

Bill: "I'm hearing you're up against Mike Rapada."</p><p> </p><p>

Jim: "Who?"</p><p> </p><p>

Bill: "He's a former NWA National Heavyweight Champion."</p><p> </p><p>

Jim: "Nope, still nothing."</p><p> </p><p>

Bill: "Okay then, care to discuss your loss to The Wa..."</p><p> </p><p>

Jim: "Nope. You know what, he'll be gone soon and we can all concentrate on the real stars around here. Rapada, prepare to go down." <strong>(D+)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Match #2 - Three Way Qualifier 10 minute time limit</strong></p><p>

Virgil defeats Jason Anderson <strong>(D-)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>{We go backstage where we see a new backstage interviewer along with The Honky Tonk Man.}</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Honky Tonk: "Francine isn't it, yeah I've heard about you!"</p><p> </p><p>

Francine: "Okay, whatever, yeah you've heard about me..."</p><p> </p><p>

Honky Tonk: "No, no girl, no disrespect. I mean, you're definitely not Bill Anderson are you! You're wasted back here, you should be out there honey...why are you here?"</p><p> </p><p>

Francine: "Does it matter...can we not...oh okay, some other group let me go so now I'm here. That okay? Can we start the interview?"</p><p> </p><p>

Honky Tonk: "You can start anything you like! But anyway, on to tonight. What we have is an opportunity for me to get another opportunity. Thanks for that TC, but anyways it gets me closer to the NWC Heavyweight title."</p><p> </p><p>

Francine: "Where you would face Sabu."</p><p> </p><p>

Honky Tonk: "Yeeeeeees, that's the only sticking point in all of this. But, we can discuss that at a later date baby girl. Tonight, it doesn't matter who I'm facing, I will come out...on top!" <strong>(D+)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Match #3 - Three Way Qualifier 10 minute time limit</strong></p><p>

Mike Rapada defeats Jim Neidhart</p><p>

[This could easily be the shock of the year. Neidhart was in total control of this match, but noticed that The Warrior was out signing autographs for the fans at ringside. The distraction was enough to allow Rapada to get a very rapid pinfall out of nowhere.] <strong>(D+)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>{Neidhart was straight out the ring and over to The Warrior. The microphones didn't pick up much, aside from Warrior stating that perhaps the fans didn't want to watch Jim. Both men came to blows as the show cut to commercial.} (B)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Match #4 - Three Way Qualifier 10 minute time limit</strong></p><p>

The Honky Tonk Man defeats The Navajo Kid <strong>(D+)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Match #5</strong></p><p>

The Warrior defeats The Great Kabuki by DQ</p><p>

[This match wasn't a classic by any means, with Kabuki trying to take the match to the outside on a few occasions. Warrior though avoided too much outside action, aside from a few run arounds, right up until the end. Warrior would be halfway through the ropes when Kabuki again blew mist in to his face. This saw Jim Neidhart come running in from nowhere and level Warrior with a steel chair. The referee immediately called for the bell.] <strong>©</strong></p><p>

</p><p><strong>

Overall:</strong> C-</p><p>

<strong>TV Rating:</strong> 0.04</p>

<div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">NWC Slammin' TV - Week 3 September</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>{The show starts with TC and Al at the announce position.}</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Al: "Welcome to another hour of Slammin' TV."</p><p> </p><p>

TC: "Quick update on the back of last week, Jim Neidhart will not be in the building this evening."</p><p> </p><p>

Al: "Why not TC?"</p><p> </p><p>

TC: "Well, we can't actually show the footage of why. Though, part of the reason is a wish to not have the number one contender match interrupted. We are sure to see Jim on our big end of month event, so look out for that." <strong>©</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Mark Starr defeats The Blazer <strong>(E+)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>{We return to the announce team.}</strong></p><p> </p><p>

TC: "Great opening action there, let's now take it to Bill Anderson who is with Bobby Bradley."</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>{Bill Anderson is standing with Bobby Bradley.}</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Bill: "BOBBY, we see you here and you have the belt round your waist. You have quite a test COMING UP tonight."</p><p> </p><p>

Bobby: "That's right Bill, the NCW tag team belts will be on the line at the end of the month and my partner is in Japan. So, tonight, I face one of the Power Twins and if I win..."</p><p> </p><p>

Bill: "You AVOID the handicap match stipulation for the title match. BUT, you'll be defending the tag team belts yourself either way."</p><p> </p><p>

Bobby: "I will and I'll be doing my best to keep them for myself and Rob."</p><p> </p><p>

Bill: "Bobby Bradley folks, a man with A LOT on his mind. Let's get back to the ring." <strong>(E+)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Match #2</strong></p><p>

Koko B Ware & Frank Andersson vs The Great Kabuki & Jason Anderson went to a double stoppage</p><p>

[A strange match this one, Koko having defeated Anderson earlier in the month. The announce team were joined by Lord Steve Casey for this. The match itself Frank and Jason do most of the early work, Koko would come in and bail when The Great Kabuki tagged in and immediately reached for his throat. This led to a brief outside brawl and eventually Koko refusing to get back in and complaining to the Referee.</p><p> </p><p>

TC: "What do you make of this Steve?"</p><p> </p><p>

Lord Casey: "Lord Steve...Lord Casey actually. It's not my cup of tea, the brawling isn't something I usually like to see. Kabuki is an interesting character though, very intriguing. The cowardice of Koko, hmmmm!"</p><p> </p><p>

The match ended outside as Jason Anderson caught the Referee whilst going after Koko and Koko pushed the Referee whilst making another complaint.] <strong>(D)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>{We return from an ad break and go straight backstage to Francine, who is with the three competitors for the three way number one contenders match.}</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Francine: "Okay, the three of you are in the..."</p><p> </p><p>

Honky Tonk: "Francine, baby girl, just stand there looking good. I've got this, much like I'll have the win later. Now, Rapada...no offence my friend, but you're too nice. The most you've got to look forward to is Francine consoling you later on, maybe she could knock the nice out of you. You'd be a great looking couple..."</p><p> </p><p>

Virgil: "What about me?"</p><p> </p><p>

Honky Tonk: "You? Hahaha, give me peace would you. Virgil, you haven't been relevant in years my friend. What have you won lately, who have you defeated? Heck, what have you done in the NCW? No, no, the only thing Francine may want from you could be for you to get her coffee or a sandwich."</p><p> </p><p>

Virgil: "Sandwich? How about you try this one!!!"</p><p> </p><p>

{Virgil drills Honky Tonk with a quick jab and walks off as Rapada and Francine step back.} <strong>(D+)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Match #3</strong></p><p>

Bobby Bradley defeated Larry Power <strong>(D)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>{We go to the announce team.}</strong></p><p> </p><p>

TC: "Well, it's almost main event time and..."</p><p> </p><p>

Al: "TC, Jim Neidhart is walking out towards us."</p><p> </p><p>

{Jim is shown offering to give autographs as he walks out, a few fans ignore him and Jim even pushes one who gets in his face.}</p><p> </p><p>

TC: "Jim, I gave you the night off."</p><p> </p><p>

Jim: "From competition TC, I'm here to watch the action...I'll need an opponent for the big show!"</p><p> </p><p>

Al: "Well, it's good to have you here and let's get to the match." <strong>©</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>NWC Heavyweight Championship - Number one contender match</strong></p><p>

The Honky Tonk Man defeats Mike Rapada & Virgil</p><p>

[Right from the off, it was clear The Honky Tonk Man saw this match as almost beneath him. Indeed, after a quick shoving match with Virgil he left the ring and came out to the ringside announce area.</p><p> </p><p>

Honky Tonk: "Hey guys...woah, heeeeeey there Jim. You must be annoyed you're not part of this huh!"</p><p> </p><p>

Jim: "No, I'm fine. I'm just here to watch, just here to watch."</p><p> </p><p>

Al: "Are you not worried about being counted out?"</p><p> </p><p>

Honky Tonk: "What? No? Don't be a complete idiot Al!"</p><p> </p><p>

TC: "Decent action going on in the ring here guys, can we..."</p><p> </p><p>

Honky: "Oh, oh, sooooooooooooooorry! I suppose I'd better get back in there...wait. What do you make of this match Jim? I'm sure the NWC viewers would like to hear your words of wisdom."</p><p> </p><p>

Jim: "It's okay, they're both decent in there."</p><p> </p><p>

Honky: "Yes they are, well one is. Decent, not great, decent."</p><p> </p><p>

At that point, The Honky Tonk Man got back in the ring, threw Virgil to the outside and started working on Rapada in the corner. Virgil would come back in and drag Honky off, before the pair worked a while and Honky would bail again on the announce team side. As Virgil returned to Rapada, Honky Tonk would grab a guitar from under the ring.</p><p> </p><p>

TC: "Hey, HEY, you can't use that."</p><p> </p><p>

Honky: "Why? They can't disqualify me, it's first fall, it's not elimination! Who wins you idiot?"</p><p> </p><p>

Jim: "Wow! He has a point there...hmmm..."</p><p> </p><p>

The Honky Tonk Man slides in to the ring, smashes Virgil over the head with the guitar and laughs towards the crowd. Seconds later, Neidhart comes racing in to the ring, throws Rapada to the ropes and hits a powerslam whilst Honky grabs Virgil and hits the Shake, Rattle and Roll for the three count.] <strong>(D+)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>{Neidhart and Honky both leave the ring and wander past TC and Al.}</strong></p><p> </p><p>

TC: "Neither of you can be happy with that."</p><p> </p><p>

Al: "They look happy TC."</p><p> </p><p>

Jim: "That's right Al, we're both happy. Rapada, I'll see you next week."</p><p> </p><p>

Honky: "Heavyweight title shot baby, YEAH!"</p><p> </p><p>

Al: "Versus Sabu."</p><p> </p><p>

Honky: "Oh yeah, Sabu...well, I'll deal with that next week. VIRGIL, you're nothing brother...a shoe shine boy who got carried along. Don't make me put you in your place!" <strong>©</strong></p><p>

</p><p><strong>

Overall:</strong> D+</p><p>

<div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">NWC Slammin' TV - Week 4 September</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong>{A message shows at the start of the show to state that the show is in memory of Jimmy Snuka, who had an in-game drug death.}</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> {The show itself starts, as usual, with TC and Al.}</strong></p><p> </p><p> TC: "Hello folks, tonight's show is a bit different as we're building to our big show tomorrow night."</p><p> </p><p> Al: "Yes, most of our matches tonight will be showcase matches for the wrestlers. Virgil is first tonight and, indeed, let's just grab him as he goes past. Virgil..."</p><p> </p><p> Virgil: "Hi Al, TC, good to finally get some time for the good folks at home."</p><p> </p><p> Al: "Now Virgil, the Honky Tonk..."</p><p> </p><p> Virgil: "Let me stop you there. The Honky Tonk Man, put me in my place, shoe shine boy...it's racist, that's all it is."</p><p> </p><p> {Al and TC both look confused as Virgil heads to the ring.} <strong>(D-)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Match #1</strong></p><p> Virgil defeats SWAT</p><p> [Virgil took a win in what was a pretty decent match. SWAT had been seen here and there before on Slammin' TV, with this being his first big match. Most of the match was a run around, with Virgil taking the win after a dropkick.] <strong>(D-)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>{Back at the announce area and both TC and Al are both still confused.}</strong></p><p> </p><p> TC: "Where did that come from?"</p><p> </p><p> Al: "Who knows! Although, maybe Francine can get some answers from the Honky Tonk Man himself. Over to you Francine."</p><p> </p><p><strong> {We switch to Francine and Honky Tonk.}</strong></p><p> </p><p> Francine: "Thank you guys. Honky Tonk, what can you tell me about Virgil?"</p><p> </p><p> Honky Tonk: "Hmmm, well he's a nobody. What else do you want to know?"</p><p> </p><p> Francine: "Oh, you don't know. Well, he called you racist."</p><p> </p><p> Honky Tonk: "RACIST??? Why? Because I said he was a shoe shine boy, HE WAS! He'll be blaming his race on his career win record of next to zero next. Racist, seriously! The guy Francine, the guy is an absolute idiot. Nobody cares, nobody is watching him...TC, I dare you brother. Hold a convention or an autograph session featuring him, more people will leave Nevada to avoid it than will attend. I'm...know what, I'm not here to talk about Virgil."</p><p> </p><p> Francine: "What about Sabu?"</p><p> </p><p> Honky Tonk: "Insane! Did you ever watch his desert death match with Cactus Jack? Nowhere is safe and if I don't beat him tomorrow night then you can safely say I'll avoid trying again for a long time." <strong>(D+)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Match #2</strong></p><p> The Great Kabuki and The Power Company Twins defeated Koko B Ware, Cincinatti Red and Earthquake Ferris by count out</p><p> [Koko yet again refused to be in the ring long with The Great Kabuki and would take a count out loss.] <strong>(D)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>{We return from a break with Jim Neidhart walking across to the announce team prior to his match.}</strong></p><p> </p><p> Al: "Jim, I err..."</p><p> </p><p> Jim: "Al, don't worry. TC, I do have Mike Rapada tomorrow night don't I."</p><p> </p><p> TC: "Yes, you'll be in a match featuring Mike Rapada tomorrow night. Well, as this is taped it'll..."</p><p> </p><p> Jim: "Whatever, good!" <strong>©</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Match #3</strong></p><p> Jim Neidhart defeats Silver Wings</p><p> [Absolute domination from Neidhart as he sent message after message to Mike Rapada. Silver Wings really didn't have a chance.] <strong>(C-)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>{We go straight to Bill Anderson, screaming to the camera as usual.}</strong></p><p> </p><p> Bill: "OKAY FOLKS, it's the big end of month show coming up. Some of you will be able to watch on delay, but YOU'LL ALL be able to see the main action next week RIGHT HERE on Slammin' TV. The card has been taking shape and we'll see ALL THE STARS. Honky Tonk Man will face SABU, Jim Neidhart and Rapada will COLLIDE and we'll see Bobby Bradley defend his Tag Team titles IN A SINGLES MATCH! Don't dare miss it!" <strong>(E+)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Match #4</strong></p><p> The Honky Tonk Man and Lord Steve Casey defeated The Navajo Kidd and Super Boy <strong>(D)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Overall:</strong> D+</p><p> <strong>TV Rating:</strong> 0.04</p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">NWC Monthly Show - Week 4 September</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong>{Though the show went out across various regional channels, this will only be the raw coverage.}</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> {The show started with Bill Anderson in the ring.}</strong></p><p> </p><p> Bill: "Okay, WHO'S READY for some NCW aaaaaaaaaaction?"</p><p> </p><p> {Bill reels as a steel chair lands at his feet and soon after Sabu appears in the ring beside him.}</p><p> </p><p> Bill: "Sabu everyone, who is of course your Heavyweight CHAMPION! Now, Sabu..."</p><p> </p><p> {Honky Tonk Man has also now come down to the ring.}</p><p> </p><p> Honky Tonk: "Hey, now, Sabu...brother! We can't be having you bringing steel chairs in to a Heavyweight Championship match."</p><p> </p><p> {Sabu swings the chair at Honky Tonk.}</p><p> </p><p> Honky Tonk: "Wooooah there, listen...LISTEN...I know you can wrestle, we don't need to do this. Let's keep it safe, away from the chairs and everything else."</p><p> </p><p> Bill: "You mean, like, IN A CAGE. Okay, I'm sure the powers that be are listening. I'll just go and get that agreed."</p><p> </p><p> {Bill leaves the ring as Honky Tonk stands stunned and Sabu leaves the ring.}</p><p> </p><p> Honky Tonk: "What...NO...WHAT? What the hell just happened. Bill...BILL!!!"</p><p> </p><p> {Honky Tonk follows Bill out of the arena.} <strong>(C-)</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44426" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Match #1 - 1 on 2 handicap table match</strong></p><p> </p><p> SWAT defeated The Dirtbike Kid and The Blazer</p><p> </p><p> [sWAT dealt with The Dirtbike Kid very quickly in what wasn't initially a table match, indeed it also wasn't initially tornado rules. The Blazer did manage to inflict a little bit of damage with an MMA style offence, but that ended when he was caught coming off the top rope. With both men destroyed, SWAT would setup a table, lay The Dirtbike Kid on top and drive The Blazer through with a chokeslam before making the cover.] <strong>(E)</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>{Francine came out to pass out t-shirts and caps whilst the ring was cleared...easily the non-wrestling segment of the night.} (D+)</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44426" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Match #2</strong></p><p> </p><p> Lord Steve Casey defeats Ross Greenberg</p><p> </p><p> [Greenberg hadn't been seen since the injury to Johnny Paine, with Casey pointing at his head and warning Ross. Pre-match, Casey would check the canvass and also stopped the match once or twice to pick up splinters and hand them to the Referee. The match itself saw Casey take control of most of it, with Greenberg showing the occasional glimpse of quality.] <strong>(E+)</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44426" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Match #3</strong></p><p> </p><p> The Navajo Kid defeated Joe Malenko</p><p> </p><p> [A career defining moment for the Navajo Kid, with Malenko looking shocked at the end. Indeed, it was a bit of a mess of a match and that possibly took Malenko out of his game.] <strong>(E)</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>{What should have been the entrance prior to match number four took a dramatic turn just as Koko B Ware reached the ring. Seconds before getting in to the ring, Koko was attacked by The Great Kabuki who would blow his green mist in to the eyes of Koko B Ware. This led to a good bit of delay as Koko was tended to and Mark Rocco kept The Great Kabuki to one side.} (D+)</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44426" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Match #4</strong></p><p> </p><p> Frank Andersson and Virgil defeated The Great Kabuki and Jason Anderson</p><p> </p><p> [Not a bad match for a quickly thrown together bout. Andersson had a decent run in Japan during 1991 and that obviously led to the respect shown by The Great Kabuki. Some fantastic puro style action between the two was punctuated by Anderson and Virgil taking tags and coming in briefly. That said, the way Virgil celebrated at the end would have you thinking he'd won on his own.] <strong>(D)</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44426" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>NWC Tag Team Championship</strong> {ooc: I know you can't have a 1 on 1 for the tag belts in game...so weesht!}</p><p> </p><p> Bobby Bradley defeats Dave Power</p><p> </p><p> [it was obvious from the offset that Larry Power wouldn't keep out of this match, with Bradley constantly checking and being distracted. Eventually Bradley would be thrown to the outside and Larry would take over, this brought Zuma out to the ring as he looked to even the numbers. The battle would rage on both in and out of the ring, eventually leading to a struggling Larry Power swiping Dave's leg instead of Bradley's and Bradley getting a quick pin as a result.] <strong>(D)</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44426" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Match #6</strong></p><p> </p><p> Jim Neidhart defeats Mike Rapada</p><p> </p><p> [Neidhart took the win here in a keenly fought contest, he's certainly heard of Rapada now. Rapada did have a fair amount of control of the match, though just wasn't good enough on the night.] <strong>(C-)</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>{The Honky Tonk Man would come to the ring whilst the cage was being put together.}</strong></p><p> </p><p> Honky Tonk: "Forget getting caught outside that by that nut Sabu."</p><p> </p><p> {A ring crew member would try to grab Honky Tonk's guitar and received a boot to the stomach.}</p><p> </p><p> Honky Tonk: "Who the hell do you think you are? Now, let me..."</p><p> </p><p> {A chair flew past Honky Tonk and Sabu slid in to the ring just before the last section of cage was put in place.}</p><p> </p><p> Honky Tonk: "Ah, hey Sabu...you know, we could still get this cage taken down. No...not up for that huh? Okay, well just you stay over there and...hey Ref, can we get that chair removed?"</p><p> </p><p> {You just about overhear the Ref telling Honky Tonk to do it himself.}</p><p> </p><p> Honky Tonk: "What? My...myself? Oh, okay..."</p><p> </p><p> {Honky Tonk goes towards Sabu who lashes out with the chair.}</p><p> </p><p> Honky Tonk: "Know what, let's just get started!" <strong>©</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44426" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><strong>NWC Heavyweight Championship - Steel Cage Match</strong></strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> Sabu defeats The Honky Tonk Man</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> [The match started with Sabu immediately throwing the chair at Honky Tonk, catching him on the forehead and making him stagger in to the corner. Sabu would setup the chair and attempt the springboard leg lariat in to the corner, which Honky Tonk just managed to avoid and then take control. The Honky Tonk Man would pound Sabu, going so far as to get on top and try to choke him out. Had he stayed on him, he may have taken the win, but sadly he went for his guitar and missed with a swing. Sabu would catch him with a kick to the stomach and throw him in to the cage over and over. Eventually a bloodied Honky Tonk would drop to his knees and Sabu would grab the chair, sit up on a turnbuckle and wait.</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> It would take a good minute or two for Honky Tonk to get back to his feet, longer before he realised what was going on. The second he regained his composure he found the steel chair being launched at him once again. Sabu would set the chair one final time and hit a springboard moonsault to take the pin.] </strong><strong><strong>(C-)</strong></strong></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong><strong><strong>Overall:</strong></strong><strong> C-</strong></p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="font-size:18px;">October 1995</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">NWC Slammin' TV - Week 1 October</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>{TC Martin and Al Lorenz kick off the show.}</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Al: "Evening everyone and have we got a show for you tonight. An update on the big show, new signings and more."</p><p> </p><p>

TC: "First though, some more tough love going the way of Virgil earlier this evening...let's go to the footage."</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>{We see a dressing room door and can hear Virgil's voice inside.}</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Virgil: "What you do mean here for your gear? What...LEAVING? But, you've...hmmm, could work for me I suppose. Right, see you later!"</p><p> </p><p>

{Virgil comes out of the dressing room as Francine walks past.}</p><p> </p><p>

Virgil: "Francine...hey...HEY!"</p><p> </p><p>

Francine: "Oh, sorry, my mind was on an interview."</p><p> </p><p>

Virgil: "We could do it now if you want...the interview."</p><p> </p><p>

Francine: "With you? Why?"</p><p> </p><p>

Virgil: "You know, to talk about how I'll continue on from my big win last night."</p><p> </p><p>

Francine: "Errrr, no you're okay."</p><p> </p><p>

{The footage returns to the announce team.}</p><p> </p><p>

TC: "Ha, oh, well I suppose Virgil will just have to try harder."</p><p> </p><p>

Al: "Poor guy. Anyway, we'll bring you news of Sunday night after this first match." <strong>(D+)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Mark Starr defeats Silver Wings</p><p>

[starr made pretty quick work of Silver Wings in a match that came dangerously close to being a squash.] <strong>(E+)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>{We go to minute of footage from Bobby Bradley's victory over David Power, then straight to Bill Anderson and Bobby Bradley backstage.}</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Bill: "Bob, your amazing victory lucky as it was...IT MUST PLEASE YOU."</p><p> </p><p>

Bobby: "Certainly does and the luck doesn't matter. Only thing that matters is that Rob and myself are still..."</p><p> </p><p>

{Rob comes in to shot.}</p><p> </p><p>

Rob: "Champions baby YEAH!"</p><p> </p><p>

Bobby: "Rob, you're...you're in Japan."</p><p> </p><p>

Rob: "First flight home dude, as soon as I heard you won! I wasn't the only one on the flight either, a fantastic flight..."</p><p> </p><p>

{Bobby Fulton appears.}</p><p> </p><p>

Bill: "Wow, FANTASTIC indeed. FOLKS, one half of THE FANTASTICS..."</p><p> </p><p>

Bobby Fulton: "Thanks Bill, good to see you again...nice suit. It's good to be here in the NCW, indeed I'm heading back to Japan during the week to bring a good friend back with..."</p><p> </p><p>

{The Power Twins appear as the camera zooms back to get the full shot.}</p><p> </p><p>

Bobby Fulton: "...hey, hey, guys, I'm just in the door."</p><p> </p><p>

David Power: "Hmmm, our problem isn't with you. It's with HIM and his new found friend."</p><p> </p><p>

{David sticks his finger in Bobby Bradley's face, Bobby pushes the arm away and a fight breaks out.}</p><p> </p><p>

Bill: "TC, AL...BACK TO YOU! Come on, break it up..." <strong>(D)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Match #2</strong></p><p>

Masked Man defeats The Navajo Kid</p><p>

[Most of this match was spent at the announce table or filming over the shoulders of the announce team.</p><p> </p><p>

Al: "Everyone, for those of you who weren't at the Sunday night show, this masked man appeared at the end of the main event."</p><p> </p><p>

TC: "He certainly did Al, in a shocking turn of events. He held the door open for Sabu, who just looked in to his eyes and quietly left, then assisted The Honky Tonk Man to the back."</p><p> </p><p>

Al: "Oh and what do you know, here is The Honky Tonk Man. Looking a bit worse for wear."</p><p> </p><p>

Honky: "Fellas, you don't mind me joining you do you."</p><p> </p><p>

TC: "Not at all, always good to give the fans a little more. Are you not wanting to be out there tonight though?"</p><p> </p><p>

Honky: "Me? Tonight? Are you kidding...look at me! I've...boy oh boy...I've got bruises on my bruises and cuts inside cuts. I've got stitches where no man should have, I'm in so much pain right now...oh, don't even start me on it."</p><p> </p><p>

Al: "So, who is your friend then?"</p><p> </p><p>

Honky: "My friend, oh yeah the guy in the ring...I knew I'd hobbled out here for some reason. Did I mention how much pain I'm in? God damn it, it feels like I've grown new body parts. WOAH!!! Did you see that clothesline...of course not, you're talking to me. Me, not you Virgil...racist indeed...right, anyway, my friend. Well, you'll all recognise him when he takes the mask off...just that he's a little less paint on his body!"</p><p> </p><p>

TC: "Huh?"</p><p> </p><p>

We returned to the action just as The Navajo Kid was getting to his feet after the clothesline. The remainder of the match was pretty much the Masked Man having a bit of a workout and was finished with a powerbomb.] <strong>(D)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>{The Honky Tonk Man leaves the announce area and gets up in to the ring.}</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Honky: "Ladies and gentlemen, may I...hang on, I'm still a bit sore from the other night. Phew, right, on we go! Ladies and gentlemen, a very good friend of mine..."</p><p> </p><p>

{The Honky Tonk Man removes the mask from the head of the masked man.}</p><p> </p><p>

Honky: "...BIG JIM HARRIS!!!"</p><p> </p><p>

TC: "Wow, we have of course all seen Jim Harris elsewhere in the past."</p><p> </p><p>

Al: "The crowd all look a bit confused TC."</p><p> </p><p>

Honky: "What is it? Do you not recognise him covered in paint and acting like an idiot? This guy is a destroyer, he's going to be the next number one contender and he'll take the title from Sabu you mark my words." <strong>©</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>{We return from an ad break with a quick cut scene stating "COMING SOON: Mister Texas"}</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Al: "Mr Texas TC?"</p><p> </p><p>

TC: "It's only a nickname Al, I don't want to give too much away too soon. Exciting times for the NCW though."</p><p> </p><p>

Al: "Well, you'd know TC. Let's get over to Francine though, a girl whom excitement follows." <strong>(D+)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>{We move backstage to Francine, who has Jim Neidhart with her.}</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Francine: "Jim, you had a tough match on Sunday."</p><p> </p><p>

{Footage of the finish to Neidhart versus Rapada plays as Jim talks over it.}</p><p> </p><p>

Jim: "I did and you know I'll give the kid Rapada credit. But, who knows, maybe I took him a bit lightly."</p><p> </p><p>

Francine: "Okay, erm well what's ne..."</p><p> </p><p>

{Virgil appears beside them.}</p><p> </p><p>

Virgil: "So, this is your big interview. Jim Nei..."</p><p> </p><p>

{Neidhart pushes Virgil out the way.}</p><p> </p><p>

Jim: "What the hell is your problem, huh? You have an issue, let's go and get this done in the ring."</p><p> </p><p>

Virgil: "Okay, yeah no problem. You find a partner, I'll find a partner and I'll see you in the ring."</p><p> </p><p>

{Virgil wanders off.}</p><p> </p><p>

Jim: "Partner? HEY, why not a single match...HEY VIRGIL! Hahahahaha, coward." <strong>©</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Match #3</strong></p><p>

Frank Andersson defeats Lord Steven Casey by DQ</p><p>

[This was a relatively enjoyable match, both men bringing a European style to proceedings. That was all cut short when Jason Anderson ran in to attack Frank cause the DQ.] <strong>(D)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>{Bill Anderson is backstage with Honky Tonk and Jim Harris as they leave the venue.}</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Bill: "Honky, can Jim win the title?"</p><p> </p><p>

Honky: "Of course he...can we keep walking...I'm just able to carry this bag until I stop and stand still."</p><p> </p><p>

{They walk on and Honky starts talking just as they notice The Great Kabuki in the shadows.}</p><p> </p><p>

Honky: "Of course he...JESUS H son...you're one freaky dude, you know that. I think Jim Neidhart was looking for you, something about a match. Hahaha, that should get Virgil thinking a bit. Right, come on...keep up Bill...here Jim, can you take this bag? Listen Bill, Jim may have been from Uganda for a while there. He's not lost his ability though, the guy who terrorised Europe and the UK is still there. But hey, see you next week."</p><p> </p><p>

Bill: "What about MISTER TEXAS?"</p><p> </p><p>

Honky: "Never heard of him. Now, really, my body is in enough pain for three people and I need to go." <strong>(C-)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Match #4</strong></p><p>

Jim Neidhart and The Great Kabuki defeated Mike Rapada and Virgil</p><p>

[Rapada once again gave a very good showing, with Kabuki and Neidhart both being on the receiving end. Virgil would tag in and find himself worked over by both men. Rapada would get back in and this time round suffered a bit more as Virgil wasn't ready for a tag. Late on, Virgil would tag himself back in and was immediately pushed back in to Rapada. With the Referee distracted by Rapada's fall, Kabuki would blow mist in to Virgil's face and Neidhart made the cover.] <strong>(C-)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Overall:</strong> D+</p><p>

Archived