Just another GAMMA diary...

I know GAMMA's been done to death, but they're the closest thing to the UFC in the default universe, and since I can't get a RW mod to work, (I always get the 3159 error) I decided to take a whack at this, and hopefully by doing a diary, keep this thing going for a while...

<p>Now it's time for a look at my divisions...</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Super Heavyweights</span></strong> - The one guy in this division with decent name value, <strong>Gary Sampson</strong>, is heading back to his preferred class at Heavyweight, so this division is full of unknowns, so I go out and put offers out for any of the world ranked fighters that don't have homes, name value in the U.S. be damned. </p><p> </p><p>

Offers go out to <strong>Joe Snettisham, Efren Luat, Seb Morehead, Zsolt Hargitay, Sherman Shields, Marvin Stevens, Graham Goodbody, and Teddy Glossop. </strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Heavyweights</span></strong> - <strong>James Foster</strong> is the king of the division, and is the biggest star in GAMMA. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Tim Boyer</strong> is the #2 ranked fighter, but has already lost to Foster, but after beating <strong>Raul Hughes</strong> at Battle Lines 3, he may be one victory away from getting another crack at Foster.</p><p> </p><p>

Hughes sits at #3. He has yet to face Foster, but his loss to Boyer sends him back near the end of the line as far as a title match goes.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Rav Kapur</strong> is the future of the division, as shown by his #4 ranking, despite only having one GAMMA fight under his belt. He'll need to string together a few more victories to get his name value up before he gets a title fight.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Gladstone Lopes</strong> rounds out the top 5, and the combination of his low name value in the U.S. and the fact that he's already lost to Foster means he has some work to do before he gets another shot at the title.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Duke Aiona and Christopher Sharp</strong> are both talented fighters that will get looks, and <strong>Kurt McDonald</strong> may be at the bottom of the rankings right now, but he's got youth and momentum on his side to make some waves in the division.</p><p> </p><p>

The world-ranked top 25 are all spoken for, so I stay in the U.S. and put bids in for <strong>Brady Crawford, Guy Broom, Harv Dennis, Oliver Fiderer, Sam Hoynes, Steve Mason, and Taye Burnett.</strong></p>

<p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Light Heavyweights</span></strong> - <strong>Lawrence Herringbone</strong> won the title with a split decision over <strong>Spencer Rubenstein</strong>, so those two will face off in a rematch as the main event of GAMMA 40.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Marlon John</strong> is the 3rd ranked fighter in this division, and has yet to face either Herringbone or Rubenstein, so he's likely the next one to get a LHW title shot...provided he wins the third fight in his trilogy against <strong>Anthony LeToussier.</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Ricky Heath</strong> is a slightly above average fighter, riding massive momentum right now. He has also never faced either Herringbone or Rubenstein, so he is also in contention for a title fight in the near future.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Mike Watson</strong> is the only one in the top 5 that has faced either Herringbone or Rubenstein, and having lost to Spencer, is likely rooting for Herringbone to win, so his road to a possible title fight isn't as long.</p><p> </p><p>

Outside of the top 5, you'll see a bunch of guys also pulling for Herringbone, because Rubenstein more or less has beaten them all. <strong>Linfield Ballard,</strong></p><p><strong>

Junior Patinkin,</strong> and LeToussier are all trying to get back on track after losing to The Reaper.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Bryan Van Den Hauwe</strong> is in the same boat as Heath. not that great, but he has decent momentum, so we'll see how far he can go.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>John Rivero</strong> is heading up to heavyweight so he can actually make weight for his fights, but is honestly probably one loss away from getting the boot.</p><p> </p><p>

Offers go out to <strong>Brayden Behrami, Brody Howles, Cal Hillson, Glenn Pimm, Guillermo Morales, Jon Silvers, Terry Catt, Titus Mostel, Toby Dingleberry, Toby Sorkin, and Zane Wybock.</strong></p>

<p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Middleweights</span></strong> - <strong>Matthew Dean</strong> has run roughshod over this division, beating 4 of the top 6 ranked challengers.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Braulio Moura</strong> doesn't have the name value in the U.S. of a main eventer, but he's the #2 ranked middleweight in the division, and he hasn't faced Dean yet. Good enough for me.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Neil Napier, Osmosis Benn, Sutton Ripley, JJ Reid, and Petey Mack</strong> are all fighting for position in the rankings while they wait to get called on for another shot at Dean.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Patrick Thomas</strong> has one punch KO power, and he's never faced Dean.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Stuart Strange</strong> is another talented fighter that hasn't had a crack at Matthew Dean yet, but he has other business to attend to first, as he and <strong>Maarten De Vries</strong> need to wrap up their business, as they've each won a fight against each other.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Dexter Darling</strong> is one of the most popular fighters in GAMMA, despite losing badly in each of his last two fights. If he can get back on track, he could be a threat to the top of the division once again.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Tora Mizwar</strong> has loads of talent, but needs some wins to get his name value up before he becomes a serious contender.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Adam White</strong> is one guy to keep an eye on. He may be at the bottom of the rankings, but at 11-0, he won't be there for very long.</p><p> </p><p>

Middleweights' world rankings have one fighter without a home, so I put in a bid for <strong>Jaco Van Biljon.</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Alex Cole, Barrett Fforde, Drew Jenks, Dwayne Alleyne, Gavin Marshall, Isaiah Monroe, Jordan Flintstone, Nick Detroit, Pip Mercurial, and Riley Huxtable </strong> all get offers too</p>

<p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Welterweights</span></strong> - 5 months ago, <strong>Bobby Brubaker</strong> ended <strong>Julio Regueiro</strong>'s 4+ year run as Welterweight champ with a shocking 2nd round KO. With none of the top contenders ready to main event quite yet, Regueiro is likely to get his rematch right away.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Nathan Chambers</strong> is ranked 3rd, but he has some work to do to get back in the title picture after coming up on the short end of his trilogy of fights with <strong>Rufus Stephens.</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Gabriel Gallego</strong> has the most momentum of anyone in the division, he just needs more wins to build his name value in the U.S.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Josh Aldarisio</strong> finds himself on the brink of the main event scene. He's 5-0 since joining GAMMA, and another win or two could find him on the National radar.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Jack Humphreys</strong> and <strong>Alan Kendall</strong> round out the top 8 in what might be the best division in GAMMA.</p><p> </p><p>

Offers go out to <strong>Brock Youdale, Bruno Epps, Delroy Rhodes, Edwin Ascher, Eli Harris, Houston George, Hubert Channing, Jackson Mollusck, Jonn Wales, Joshua Ziegler, Randy Carsley, Ray Eton, Wyatt Ashur, and Zeke Eliot.</strong></p>

<p>Wrapping up our division previews, we look at the <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Lightweights.</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Brandon Sugar</strong> put a halt to <strong>Sean Morrison</strong>'s reign of dominance over the weight class, but beyond these two, there isn't a whole lot to get excited about.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Jake Keane</strong> has a bunch of momentum, but needs more wins to get that name value up before he gets his shot.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Bruce Steven</strong> is a solid fighter, but he needs Sugar to hold onto the title, as Morrison has already beaten Steven. The same can be said for <strong>Truck Gleeson.</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Avery Gleason, Bosco Curbeam, Brendon Job, Carl Chenoweth, Chuck Brown, Clifton Curry, Doug Minnelli, Duane Weatherly, Floyd Haywood, Glen Siemaszko, Matt Horowitz, Ralph Concannon, and Warren Kitt</strong> all get offers, though I suspect that XCC might fight me for some of these.</p><p> </p><p>

That does it for the previews...my next post will be the card for GAMMA 40!</p>

I know GAMMA's been done to death, but they're the closest thing to the UFC in the default universe, and since I can't get a RW mod to work, (I always get the 3159 error) I decided to take a whack at this, and hopefully by doing a diary, keep this thing going for a while...

post this in tech support forum if you haven't already.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Tag01" data-cite="Tag01" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44446" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>post this in tech support forum if you haven't already.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Someone already reported the 3159 thing awhile back. I'm trying to use maxicheezestick's RW update if that matters</p>

<p>Alright, all my offers for right now are out, and have most of the original roster into fights before everyone else gets here, so here's the card for GAMMA 40.</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>GAMMA 40: HERRINGBONE VS. RUBENSTEIN II</strong></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MAIN EVENT FOR THE GAMMA LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE - Lawrence "The Law" Herringbone © vs. "The Reaper" Spencer Rubenstein</strong>: When these two met at GAMMA 34, Herringbone won the title via split decision, this rematch was made. </p><p> </p><p>

Rubenstein (-180) is favored to get the title back. Herringbone is +140.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>CO-MAIN EVENT - "The Tower of Power" Tim Boyer vs. "The Beast of Birmingham" Rav Kapur</strong> - Remember up there when I said the Kapur would need a couple more wins before he would get a title fight? Well, after running through all of the potential fights for Boyer, this was the only one that he wasn't heavily favored in, so I changed my mind. The winner of this one will fight for the Heavyweight title at GAMMA 42 in June. A win for Kapur would likely be a decent step up in name value, and a win for Boyer would solidify his spot as the #1 contender to Foster.</p><p> </p><p>

Boyer is the favorite at -280, Kapur is +220.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>"The Amazing" JJ Reid vs. Adam "Blitz" White</strong> Reid is knocking on the door of the top 5 in the Middleweight division, trying to get another shot at Matthew Dean, while Adam White looks to stay undefeated and start his climb up the rankings.</p><p> </p><p>

Adam White (-160) vs. JJ Reid (+120)</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Jake "The Natural Talent" Keane vs. "The Truck Man" Truck Gleeson</strong> -After getting Moss Gilbert to tap to an armbar in the first round of his GAMMA debut, Jake Keane faces a massive step up in competition in the form of Truck Gleeson. Keane is in the same boat as Rav Kapur, but I feel like I can take a little more time building Keane up.</p><p> </p><p>

Jake Keane (-700) vs. Truck Gleeson (+550)</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Ashley "The Tiger" Ballard vs. "The Soldier of Fortune" Thomas Smith</strong> - Thomas Smith will not have stepped into the cage for 42 months when this fight rolls around, and it will be no easy task, facing Ashley Ballard, who is looking to get the sour taste of his first career loss out of his mouth.</p><p> </p><p>

Thomas Smith (-190) vs. Ashley Ballard (+150)</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Prelims</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

David Allen (-240) vs. Tyler Lass (+190)</p><p> </p><p>

Derek South (-200) vs. Bill Cumming (+150)</p><p> </p><p>

Benny Denare (-530) vs. Aaron McBroom (+420)</p><p> </p><p>

Dana Delaney (-150) vs. Lloyd McAllister (+110)</p>

Lawrence "The Law" Herringbone © vs. "The Reaper" Spencer Rubenstein

I can see this clogging up the title picture for a while.

"The Tower of Power" Tim Boyer vs. "The Beast of Birmingham" Rav Kapur

Kapur needs to win these sort of fights if he is worth keeping.

"The Amazing" JJ Reid vs. Adam "Blitz" White

Jake "The Natural Talent" Keane vs. "The Truck Man" Truck Gleeson

Keane always seems overrated to me. He wins a bunch in BCF (WMMA3) but never does anything when called up to the big leagues.

Ashley "The Tiger" Ballard vs. "The Soldier of Fortune" Thomas Smith

Ballard is another one who seems to be have a better bio than his results tend to account for...

Prelims

David Allen (-240) vs. Tyler Lass (+190)

Derek South (-200) vs. Bill Cumming (+150)

Benny Denare (-530) vs. Aaron McBroom (+420)

Dana Delaney (-150) vs. Lloyd McAllister (+110)

<p>Time to see what's happening elsewhere in the world...and to see if anything happens to my plans...</p><p> </p><p>

Welp, <strong>H.M. Menzel</strong> suffered a moderate knee injury, but can still compete at GAMMA 41 in April. Dana Delaney suffered a moderate spinal injury, so his fight with Lloyd McCallister at GAMMA 40 has been cancelled.</p><p> </p><p>

ALPHA-1 announced Warriors of the Ring 1, which they are running on the same day as GAMMA 40. Their main event will be <strong>Carlos da Guia</strong> defending the Middleweight title against <strong>Mal Phe Roby.</strong> Both are world-ranked (da Guia is actually world ranked as a Welterweight as well) Might have to keep an eye on this one...Later in the month, they announced Warriors of the Ring 2. The main event there will be <strong>Terron Cabal</strong> defending the Heavyweight title against <strong>Kunimichi Kikuchi</strong></p><p> </p><p>

XCC have announced their next show as Ross Smith and Sammy Newton will fight for the vacant XCC Lightweight title in the 3rd week of February.</p><p> </p><p>

BCF announced "Best of British 3," scheduled for Friday Week 3 of February. Your main event will be <strong>Stafford Allois</strong> facing <strong>Vic Millican.</strong> If he was 7 or 8 years younger, I might have taken a run at trying to sign Allois.</p><p> </p><p>

FLB announces Satinho vs. do Vale, taking place on Saturday Week 3 of February. Satinho has zero name value in the U.S., but he is a freaking monster that I am definitely going to look into. </p><p> </p><p>

WEFF announced "WEFF All Night MMA 1" on the first Sunday of March which will feature <strong>Pamela O'Neill</strong> taking on <strong>Michelle Addams</strong> in the main event. I plan on introducing women's divisions in GAMMA, but that's a long way off yet.</p><p> </p><p>

SIGMA announced Templeton vs. Crumb for the 1st week of March.</p><p> </p><p>

KDM FC opened up February by announcing their next event, which will be headlined by <strong>Veronika Sablikova</strong> defending the KDM FC Women's title against <strong>Kit Sakamoto</strong>. The event is scheduled for the 3rd week of March.</p><p> </p><p>

January's in the books, so my next post will be GAMMA 40: Herringbone vs. Rubenstein II.</p>

Everyone made weight, so all there is to do now is get to the fighting...

Prelims

Benny Denare vs. Aaron McBroom - Denare pretty much dominated McBroom from the start, pushing McBroom up against the cage before taking him down and forcing him to tap out in short order. With 3 straight losses, McBroom is as good as done in GAMMA.

Official result - Benny Denare wins via Sumission (Armbar) in 3:50 of round 1 (Decent)

Bill Cumming vs. Derek South - Cumming doesn't touch gloves, and South made him pay for it. Cumming tried to hang in a brawl, but fell victim to a right hook from South.

South says he wants to fight Linfield Ballard next...I don't have a problem with that, we'll see after Ballard has his next fight. Bill Cumming announced his retirement after the fight.

Official result - Derek South wins by Knockout (Punch) at 2:05 of round 1 (Great)

David Allen vs. Tyler Lass - The story of round 1 was two guys just standing and trading punches, with nothing major landing with the exception of a right uppercut from Allen that may have broken Lass' nose that sent him to the mat. Allen tried to finish it with an arm triangle, but Lass managed to escape it.

Round 2 sees Allen knock Lass down with a right hook, but again, he can't finish it as Lass covers up and attempts to pull guard, but is unable to as Allen, who may be close to gassing out, just hits some light punches until the round ends.

Lass' left eye is swollen shut, and his nose is broken, but his corner gets him in good enough shape to get out there for round 3.

Maybe Lass' corner should have just thrown in the towel, because Allen abused him with shots to the body before sending him to the mat with another right hook. Allen then pounced on Lass, who had enough and tapped out.

Official result - David Allen defeated Tyler Lass by Submission (Strikes)

at 3:04 of round 3. (Great)

Main Card

Ashley Ballard vs. Thomas Smith - Ballard used his strikes to keep Smith away for the first half of round 1, but eventually, Smith got Ballard in the clinch and took him down. Ballard fought off an armbar attempt, an arm triangle attempt, and a kneebar attempt as the round comes to an end.

Ballard comes out in round 2 the same way he started round 1, using punches to keep Smith at bay, before landing a roundhouse kick to the body. Ballard continues the attack on the body before Smith gets a hold of him and pushes Ballard into the cage, using dirty boxing to keep him there for around two minutes before connecting with an elbow that draws blood from above the eye of Ballard. Things stall out and the referee brings them out to the center of the cage for the last minute of the round. They stand and trade for roughly 30 seconds until the referee stops the clock so he can have a look at Ballard's cut. The doctor says it's good, and the fight restarts as Smith backs Ballard into the cage to run the remaining time out.

Round 3 has Smith come straight for a takedown attempt, grabbing a leg, but unable to bring Ballard down, so back up against the cage they go. Smith goes to work with knees to the body and legs. Some dirty boxing from Smith leads to a takedown. Smith gets the back, but Ballard fights off a rear naked choke attempt. Smith stays on Ballard's back, but can't finish it before the round ends.

Johnny Beerbohm: 29-28 Ballard

Benjamin Milligan III: 29-28 Smith

Gregory C. James: 29-28 Smith

The fans aren't happy, as they let the judges have it.

Official Result: Thomas Smith defeats Ashley Ballard via Split Decision. (Great)

Jake Keane vs. Truck Gleeson Keane immediately takes Gleeson down and nearly finishes it with an arm triangle, but Gleeson manages to escape it. Keane goes for the armbar, but Gleeson also fights that off. They get back to their feet, and trade strikes for the rest of the round.

Round 2 is spent almost entirely on the feet until Keane scores another takedown with 30 seconds to go in the round. Keane is able to pass guard, but can't do anything else as the round ends.

Keane works much faster to start round 3, scoring another takedown less than 30 seconds into the round. He locks in a Kimura, and that's enough to get his 3rd consecutive submission win.

Official result - Jake Keane defeats Truck Gleeson by Submission (Kimura) at 1:56 of round 3. (Great)

JJ Reid vs. Adam White - White gets a takedown and an armbar attempt within 45 seconds, but JJ is able to fight it off. White stays on top for awhile until the referee stands the fighters up with around 1:30 to go in the round. White gets underhooks and takes Reid down again, but time runs out before he can do any damage.

Round 2 starts as they trade shots that don't do much damage for the first half of the round before Reid gets a takedown. Reid manages to attempt an armbar, but White fights it off as time expires.

Reid comes out of his corner and starts round 3 by instantly going for another takedown, but only manages to get White up against the cage. Reid sweeps the leg and takes White down. Two kneebar attempts fail, so Reid tries an armbar, but doesn't get it. Reid also tries an Americana and fails as the referee stands them up for the last minute of the round. Reid blocks a takedown and scores another one of his own as the round ends and we go to the judges.

All 3 judges score the fight 29-28 for your winner, Adam White!

Official Result - Adam White wins by Unanimous Decision. (Decent)

One undefeated streak stays intact, will the same hold true in our co-main event?

CO-MAIN EVENT - Tim Boyer vs. Rav Kapur - The first round is spent entirely on the feet, despite both men attempting takedowns. Boyer manages to get Kapur up against the cage late, but can't really do anything.

Boyer sticks to the plan as round 2 begins, pinning Kapur up against the cage right away. Kapur reverses and puts Boyer up against the cage, but the referee steps in shortly after and sends them back to the middle of the cage. Boyer tries to muscle Kapur into the cage again, but Kapur counters with a takedown attempt that gets blocked. Kapur spends the rest of the round trying unsuccessfully to take Boyer to the mat.

Round 3 starts woth Boyer getting a clinch, and once again moving Kapur into the side of the cage, but Kapur reverses it and uses some dirty boxing as we hit the halfway mark of the round. The referee again moves them to the center of the cage, and again, Boyer gets the clinch. Kapur once again finishes the round with several attempts to take Boyer down, and we head to the judges...

Gregory C. James: 29-28 Boyer

Reginald Wodehouse: 29-28 Kapur

Edward Wilde: 29-28 Boyer

Official Result: Tim Boyer wins by Split Decision. (Poor)

The camera finds Anthony LeToussier, Marlon John, and Mike Watson all sitting at different points around cage side as we get ready for the main event of the evening.

MAIN EVENT FOR THE GAMMA LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE Lawrence Herringbone © vs. Spencer Rubenstein - Herringbone starts fast, getting Rubenstein in the clinch before picking him up and slamming him to the mat. A scramble sees Herringbone on his back with Rubenstein in half guard. Herringbone gets to full guard as the round ends.

Herringbone rushes Rubenstein, pushing him up against the cage to start round 2. The next minute is spent with the fighters engaging in dirty boxing as Herringbone keeps Rubenstein pressed against the cage. The referee has had enough and sends them back out to the center of the cage, where Herringbone gets a clinch and takes Rubenstein down again. Herringbone just lays on top of Rubenstein for the rest of the round.

Round 3 begins with Herringbone muscling Rubenstein back up against the cage once again, but Spencer reverses it this time and goes back to the dirty boxing to control Herringbone against the cage. Herringbone hits a couple of body shots before the referee steps in again. Herringbone sends Rubenstein right back up against the cage, and Rubenstein once again reverses it and uses some dirty boxing before Herringbone turns him back into the cage again. Spencer regains the advantage and hits a left to the body as the round comes to a close.

The championship rounds start the same way as the rest of the rounds; Herringbone clinches with Rubenstein, and Spencer once again reverses it, and pins Herringbone up against the cage. Rubenstein hits a short uppercut, and uses some more dirty boxing until the referee puts them in the middle of the cage again. Rubenstein gets a few shots in, but Herringbone shakes them off, and uses a belly to belly suplex to take him down, but nothing comes of it as they end up in a scramble as round 4 ends.

The final round starts, and an exhausted champ tries to stick to what's worked at the start of every round so far, but this time, Rubenstein stands firm and doesn't end up against the cage. Rubenstein tries several takedown attempts, but Herringbone turns them all away. Herringbone gets Rubenstein against the cage again, keeping him there until the referee sends them to the center of the cage with little time to do anything as the round ends.

We go to the judges yet again...

Reginald Wodehouse: 48-47 Herringbone

Edward Wilde: 48-47 Rubenstein

Johnny Beerbohm: 48-47 Herringbone

Official Result - Lawrence Herringbone defeats Spencer Rubenstein by split decision. (Poor)

We had an attendance of 4,430 in Ohio. (Gate: $620,200)

Critical: 70% Commerical: 66%

The show made $2,688,160 off PPV. Our popularity grew by 2.7% in the U.S. and didn't budge anywhere else.

Keane/Gleeson wins FOTN

Derek South wins KOTN

Benny Denare wins SOTN

All told, we made $3.1M on this show. Not too shabby. Could have done without all the split decisions though.

ALPHA-1 also held their show tonight. Carlos da Guida successfully defended the Middleweight title against Mal Phe Roby.

<p>We're now into March, so it's time to announce my next event, which will come to you in the 2nd week of April from Florida...</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="font-size:18px;">GAMMA 41: BRUBAKER VS.</span></span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="font-size:18px;">

REGUEIRO II</span></span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MAIN EVENT FOR THE GAMMA WELTERWEIGHT TITLE - Bobby "All Star" Brubaker © vs. "Spanish Silk" Julio Regueiro</strong>: Regueiro was Welterweight champion for 4 years before he ran into Bobby Brubaker at Battle Lines 3. Put that together with the fact that there aren't any other main event fighters in the division, and it equals rematch.</p><p> </p><p>

Julio is the favorite at -540. Brubaker is +430.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>CO-MAIN EVENT - "Black Superman" Nathan Chambers vs. Alan "Flash" Kendall</strong>: Nathan Chambers is looking to get back on track after losing twice to Rufus Chambers. It won't be an easy task as he faces Alan Kendall, whose only loss in GAMMA came to Julio Regueiro.</p><p> </p><p>

Chambers is the favorite at -430. Kendall is. +340.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Osmosis Benn vs. Patrick "The Titan" Thomas</strong> - Benn looked like he was on his way to the top of GAMMA...then he became victim #6 on Matthew Dean's tear through the Middleweight division. He looks to get back in the win column against the man who might be the hardest hitter in the entire company in Patrick Thomas. A win for Thomas more or less ensures a title match with Dean, because he's one of the few originals on the roster who hasn't faced Dean.</p><p> </p><p>

Benn is the favorite at -200. Thomas is +150.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>"Mad Dog" Gabriel Gallego vs. "The Show Stopper" Jack Humphreys</strong> - If Gallego wants to be a star in GAMMA, beating Humphreys would be a good start. The Show Stopper hasn't fought since he lost to Regueiro over 4 years ago. A win here, and Humphreys is likely in the top 5, putting him one step closer to a title match...if Brubaker retains in the main event.</p><p> </p><p>

Humphreys is favored at -250. Gallego is +190.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Frank "BMF" Paul vs. Hanley "The Great White" Polter</strong> - Hopefully, this fight should get people interested in this division. Two guys on good momentum, one making a run at a title shot, while the other is looking to crack the top 10. The draw is just scraping onto the main show, which is just about the best this division can do without the champ being in a fight.</p><p> </p><p>

Paul is -400, Polter is +310.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Prelims</span></p><p> </p><p>

Irwin Middleton vs. John-James McInteen</p><p> </p><p>

Bud Brockett vs. H.M. Menzel</p><p> </p><p>

Kendall Tracey vs. Christian Mountfield</p><p> </p><p>

Norman Pike vs. John Rivero</p>

<p>Let's see what's going on in February around MMA...</p><p> </p><p>

H.M. Menzel is now fully recovered from his injury...and the day after, Bud Brockett suffers an injury, though he is expected to be good to go for their fight next month. Carl Ratcliffe suffered a major arm injury that will put him on the shelf for 6 and a half months. Jaco Van Bijon will make his GAMMA debut against Fierstein instead.</p><p> </p><p>

ALPHA-1 signs <strong>Manuel Silva and Roberto Aldez</strong> from FLB. They also announce their next show, "ALPHA-1: Sukarno vs. Hojo"</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Sarah Vaughan</strong> announced her retirement, which means <strong>Pamela O'Neill</strong> takes over as the #1 woman in the pound for pound world rankings, as well as the #1 female bantamweight.</p><p> </p><p>

BCF held "Best of British 3," where <strong>Stafford Alois</strong> used a head kick to knock out <strong>Vic Millican</strong> in the main event. A number of contracts for big name fighters are coming due, <strong>Harry Milne</strong> won with a Kimura in his last fight, but if I'm passing on Alois because he is 37, I can't take the 38 year old Milne. <strong>Lenny McFadden</strong> catches my interest, he's a good wrestler, and he's got good marketability, so I put in a bid. I end up signing him without much of a fight from BCF.</p><p> </p><p>

FLB held "Satinho vs. do Vale." It took 5 rounds, but Satinho got the job done, using an armbar to beat do Vale. I decide against offering him a contract just yet...if ALPHA-1 decides to put in an offer, I'll probably jump in on him.</p><p> </p><p>

XCC put on "Smith vs. Newton" to fill the vacant Lightweight title. <strong>Ross Smith</strong> used an armbar in round 2 to become the champ.</p><p> </p><p>

That does it for February.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

Archived