2018 Database files (enjoy!)

NOTE: After further testing, my database does NOT cause the issue. The same Season 5 West Region Recruit issue occurs with the default database.

1st post has my original database for 2018; the second post has a 2019 database with main changes being:

Sun Belt is in divisions and has championship game.

Big 12 has a championship game

Use at your own risk, etc. I have tested it pretty thoroughly on my system but make no guarantees for you. Make sure you backup your current pstats.dat and psetup.dat before putting these in place. And of course, you should look at the script (in notepad or Powershell ISE) before actually running it rather than taking my word for what it does. Even if you don't understand the commands in it, you can at least see what files it's trying to open and make sure it's not touching anything outside of bbcf.

Recommended Settings:

I would recommend playing this with no more than average prestige change (as Alabama is already at 95 for prestige). Also I wouldn't recommend any conference movement if you are keeping the hard-coded games in SchedMatch; several teams have a set 12 game schedule (with 8 conference and 4 hardcoded OOC). If they happen to move to a 9 game conference schedule (Big 12 or Pac-12), they will have 13 games scheduled with unpredicable results. If you remove these hard-coded games, then have at it with conference movement.

Links:

zip file with pstats.dat, psetup.dat (need this for new cities for Coastal Carolina and Liberty) and powershell script to flip SchedMatch table entries (to allow alternating hard-coded games each year; directions on using script are below)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a-k8F2Io0T1RmIZhwYYKMaLicds8_FyL/view?usp=sharing

Download page for MS Access 2010 engine (needed for powershell script to function; this is a free legit download from Microsoft, just pick the correct version for your computer and install. Most people will need x64)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255

Using the script:

Note: this script is based on having the Steam version of the game installed to the default location on C: (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Bowl Bound College Football). If you have a non-steam version or have the steam version in a non-default directory, you will have to edit the script to use it.

Additional note: It's possible you will have to set your Powershell execution policy to use this. The command for that (from a powershell prompt) is:

Set-ExecutionPolicy -ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned

If you don't have MS Access 2010 (usually bought as part of the MS Office 2010 Professional Suite), download the engine from the provided link. You should already have powershell unless you are still running Windows XP or older.

After creating a game, play normally until reaching the training stage (week 18 of the off-season). At that point, save the game and exit.

From a command prompt, change directory to where you saved the script. Use the following command line to run the script:

powershell.exe -file SchedMatch.ps1 <the name of your save>.

Example; I created a save named Test; this was my command line to use the script:

powershell.exe -file SchedMatch.ps1 Test

Close the command prompt and resume your game; when the next season starts you should see that the hard-coded games have alternated venues, giving you true alternating home-and-home hard-coded games.

Repeat at the training phase of each season.

DB Changes:

Added Liberty (Independents), Coastal Carolina (Sun Belt), UAB (CUSA)

Removed Idaho from game (going down to FCS for 2018)

Moved New Mexico State to Independents; UMass is there as well (I had already moved it before starting the 2018 db so wasn't sure if that is in the default db or not).

Fixed various team color issues (the ones listed in Team Info; such as Navy being listed with colors of Red and White). I didn't do anything about the actual display colors (other than the new teams) as most of those are correct (even the Navy ones). I did my best on color scheme for the new teams, but they are pretty ugly since I was entering RGB codes and had to do best guess for a lot of them.

Updated conference table with correct number of teams (and modified conf prestige numbers; no idea if this actually affects anything).

Fixed scheduling issues with conferences, at least the ones that I could fix (I literally went team-by-team and confirmed correct scheduling). I couldn't actually correct Big Ten scheduling (in the game they only play 8 conf games vs 9 in real life), but all teams are at least scheduling for their correct divisions. The default database has multiple teams scheduling in the wrong divisions for the ACC, SEC, Big 10 and CUSA. I did not add in the Big-12 or Sun Belt Conference Championship games (not entirely sure how to do so) and the American Athletic Conference Championship game is division champs rather than number one vs. number two for entire conference. Again, not sure if there is even a way to do that and I don't really like that format.

Added a ton of traditional rivalries to the SchedMatch table (in this DB, Missouri plays Kansas again, Nebraska plays Oklahoma, Texas A&M plays Texas, service academies all play each other, etc). I did all of them that I could, but some traditional rivalries just couldn't be fit in due to re-alignment and not enough empty slots in the schedule. Also, there is no way to force cross-division rivals to schedule annually as they should (like Purdue-Indiana, Toledo-Bowling Green, etc). Note that this db doesn't reflect the actual schedules that teams are playing in 2018; these are the games that I think teams should be playing in a perfect world. You may not agree with the choices I made or not want these hard-coded games at all; if so, empty and/or edit the schedmatch table to your taste. Also, several teams now have hard-coded schedules (all 12 are set) due to rivalries. Most teams I tried to leave at least 1 free game but for certain teams (like Navy, Missouri, TAMU) I just couldn't find a rivalry I was willing to drop to leave a free slot. If this makes you unhappy, just edit and/or empty the schedmatch table. Lastly, if you don't want to mess with the powershell script, I would recommend emptying the schedmatch table as the games won't alternate venue without using the script (or doing it by hand).

Completely updated prestige ratings for all teams; I actually came up with a formula to auto compute the prestige. The final prestige number is a combination of a weighted team performance metric over the last 6 years (S&P+ ratings from Bill Connolly at SBNation, weighted so more recent years count more heavily, and then scaled to a range from 1 to 100) and 5 year recruiting numbers (also by Bill Connolly). As both numbers were scaled 1 to 100, with some trial and error, I came up with a formula to weight the recruiting and performance numbers and come up with prestige numbers from 1 to 100. It's by no means perfect but I quite like the numbers it came up with. As long as prestige is the only number determining recruiting power as well as initial quality of teams on league creation, there is no perfect way to come up with prestige ratings that can account for teams like Florida (top 10 recruiting almost every year but under perform) vs Western Kentucky (dramatically over-perform their recruiting numbers). Compared to the default prestige numbers, there is a much greater diversity of ratings (I had to cap the formula at between 5 and 95; Alabama actually came out as a 97 in the raw formula). Power 5 schools are truly powerful (even bad power 5 teams were significantly boosted by their recruiting numbers) and bad teams are BAD.

Code of the script (so you can see what it's actually modifying; don't take my word for it though, check the one you download as well):

SchedMatch.ps1

param(

[string]$save = 'NCL'

)

$path = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Bowl Bound College Football\saves\$save\stats.dat"

$Table = "SchedMatch'"

$adCursor = 0

$adLock = 3

$connection = New-Object -ComObject ADODB.Connection

$recordset = New-Object -ComObject ADODB.RecordSet

$connection.Open("Provider = Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=$path")

$query = "Select * from $Table"

$recordset.Open($query, $connection, $adCursor, $adLock)

while (-not $recordset.EOF)

{

$futurehome = $recordset.fields.Item("Team1").Value

$futureaway = $recordset.fields.Item("Team2").Value

$recordset.fields.Item("Team1") = $futureaway

$recordset.fields.Item("Team2") = $futurehome

$recordset.Update()

$recordset.MoveNext()

}

$recordset.close

$ado.close

• 1 year later...

<p>Updated for 2019</p><p> </p><p>

Updated: Added Big 12 Championship game</p><p> </p><p>

On the off chance anyone used the 2018 files, I've made some tweaks for 2019.</p><p> </p><p>

The Sun Belt now has two divisions and a championship game. The Big 12 now has a championship game (despite having no divisions)</p><p> </p><p>

Prestige is tweaked to reflect the results from 2018 and updates to Bill Connelly's S&P+ formula.</p><p> </p><p>

Link is below; same instructions as the 2018 db:</p><p>

<a href="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kSK0VG_omfnthoH3hHqYBfD5BND1nNxe/view?usp=sharing" rel="external nofollow">https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kSK0VG_omfnthoH3hHqYBfD5BND1nNxe/view?usp=sharing</a></p>