Injuries in 1 night tournaments

So what happens in a one night tournament if a fighter breaks something where he can't fight anymore but wins the fight. Will he bow out of the next round or will they always try to fight even if they say break their hand or their jaw in their previous fight?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44581" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>They would be forced out.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Does this mean a fighter in the next round will receive a bye? I really hope not.. having the ability to have reserve bouts would be far better and also more realistic.</p><p> </p><p> EDIT: I believe the ability to have reserve bouts was actually a suggestion I made when WMMA4 was announced... but we obviously all know that 1 night tournaments were scrapped altogether so made that suggestion null and void.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Judoku1819" data-cite="Judoku1819" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44581" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Does this mean a fighter in the next round will receive a bye? I really hope not.. having the ability to have reserve bouts would be far better and also more realistic.<p> </p><p> EDIT: I believe the ability to have reserve bouts was actually a suggestion I made when WMMA4 was announced... but we obviously all know that 1 night tournaments were scrapped altogether so made that suggestion null and void.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yea Adam what kind of flexibility do we have for replacements? Is it just a bye?</p><p> </p><p> Inquiring minds want to know.</p>

Thanks Adam for the reply. I am going to assume that means a bye as it's already within the fight night so I doubt it's built to allow you to swap out a fighter who hasn't trained and isn't ready but that's again a guess based on Adam's reply.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="AQuebman" data-cite="AQuebman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44581" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thanks Adam for the reply. I am going to assume that means a bye as it's already within the fight night so I doubt it's built to allow you to swap out a fighter who hasn't trained and isn't ready but that's again a guess based on Adam's reply.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I hope they do not get bye's... maybe have the loser advance if he/she is capable of doing so. I guess we will not know until the game is out.</p>

<p>I’d personally prefer they get a bye. Not crazy about the idea of an alternative winning my tournament. </p><p> </p><p>

However, I didn’t really have a lot of fighters get injured in fights in WMMA 4 so maybe it won’t be an issue. All the injuries I encountered in that game were mostly training related.</p>

Archived