World of Mixed Martial Arts 5 trial released!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<p>Played through the demo three times.</p><p> </p><p>

It's nice to have a bigger resolution, but it's still relatively tiny on a 1440p monitor. Not quite as much of an eyestrain as its predecessors, but still far from ideal.</p><p> </p><p>

I'm glad to see company credibility has been given some attention in this game. I don't know that it will alleviate the problems from 4 of stagnant megacompanies - it doesn't seem particularly onerous, and it's impossible to tell from playing 3 months - but hopefully it has an impact.</p><p> </p><p>

I like a few little touches, such as seeing upcoming matches for a particular weight division, the notation of the effect on popularity from the previous fight, and the assistant.</p><p> </p><p>

Tags feel like a missed opportunity given their lack of integration. </p><p> </p><p>

When I see someone deliver a good promo during at show, that's the point that I want to tag them, rather than having to make a note of it myself and remember to do so after the show (along with all the other tags which became apparent during the show). </p><p> </p><p>

Also, in the absence of any filter or flag for tags at the matchmaking screen, I don't really see the point. For the extra clicks involved, I may as well just look at their skills.</p><p> </p><p>

More broadly, while there are some nice improvements, nothing blows me away enough to buy the game. It's a nice refinement, and a definite step up from 4 (which was a mixed bag; stronger and weaker than its predecessor in various respects), but nothing compelling enough to fork out $US35.</p><p> </p><p>

Good luck to those who do buy it; hopefully you get plenty of enjoyment from it.</p>

Archived