WMMA5 Small Questions Thread

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Chronic23" data-cite="Chronic23" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Quick question that I feel like might have been answered before;<p> I got a of playing time in WMMA4; built up XCC to be on top. Is it possible to import my data over to WMMA5?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You can't import a saved game.</p>

Hey, trying to figure out how to create a new weight class, couldn't find anything in the handbook on it? Trying to add a featherweight division right off the bat so i can put them on a reality show :)

Office -> Weight Classes. Fill in the details of the weight class you want to add and click Add. That's it, it's very quick and easy.

Office -> Weight Classes. Fill in the details of the weight class you want to add and click Add. That's it, it's very quick and easy.

Thanks for the reply, wasn't sure if that would erase/change the weightclass highlighted. After making the changes just press save at the bottom?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Ah, OK - if you go to the Handbook (link in the taskbar at the top), there's a huge and very detailed section on it. That's the best place to go as it has examples and exact figures.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks a lot, Adam. Much appreciated.</p>

<p>If you add someone to your shortlist, is it possible to circumvent the second pop up where you have to check (each time) which notification you want to receive? It's usually the same for everyone (that's what the defaults are for, right?), and provokes a lot of unnecessary clicking...</p><p> </p><p>

edit: the same is actually true for all the confirmation screens (I know, they have been there each iteration of the game, but still...). After I get asked whether I want to add someone to my shortlist, and I click yes, I shouldn't be bothered by additional pop ups.</p>

<p>What is considered a full camp?</p><p> </p><p>

Is there a specific amount of time to give between scheduling a fight and having the fight for a full camp? Is it different for every fighter and if so is there anyway to know a fighters preferred training camp length?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="leigh31" data-cite="leigh31" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hi all, maybe in being thicker that a jeremy kyle guest but what is a "Throwaway Show" as i notice this in the match making.<p> Any help for this idiot would be welcome</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Seems like it's a show only available to big organisations that they wouldn't be too fussed about, like a UFC Fight Pass card. So I'd imagine lesser expectations on quality.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Iwasfn47" data-cite="Iwasfn47" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there a way to copy the entire default database and edit it? I don't want to edit the default but want to play with some stuff.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Go into the root folder of WMMA5 (Where you installed) and click Database. After that you just copy the default data and rename it something different. </p><p> </p><p> WMMA -> Database -> Copy/Paste Default -> Done</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Picture folder can be left untouched because it's all the same.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MightyDavidson" data-cite="MightyDavidson" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So I downloaded the demo and when I started it up, it told me it was not in Administrator Mode and that I should not continue lest I screw something up. So how do I set it to that mode so that I can play my game safely?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Instead of double clicking on the WMMA 5 icon just right click it should be on that list. Hopefully I made that clear enough</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MightyDavidson" data-cite="MightyDavidson" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So I downloaded the demo and when I started it up, it told me it was not in Administrator Mode and that I should not continue lest I screw something up. So how do I set it to that mode so that I can play my game safely?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Go to Start. Scroll to the bottom to the WMMA5 folder. Right click the WMMA5 exe and go to More>Open File Location. It'll take you to the shortcut in Windows. Then right click on that exe. Press the Compatibility tab, then check "Run as administrator."</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Wall-E19" data-cite="Wall-E19" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there a specific amount of time to give between scheduling a fight and having the fight for a full camp? Is it different for every fighter and if so is there anyway to know a fighters preferred training camp length?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I second this question. Is it dependent on where your shows are? If so, what regions are the most populated with fighters? I assume America and Japan? So is it wise if I start my organization there?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="leigh31" data-cite="leigh31" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hi all, maybe in being thicker that a jeremy kyle guest but what is a "Throwaway Show" as i notice this in the match making.<p> Any help for this idiot would be welcome</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Got curious (as well) so did a bit of editing to get a look, apparently Throwaway shows don't gain your company any popularity but let you have a main event three sizes lower than your current popularity (in my file the company was Low International, so could have a main event that was Low National). </p><p> </p><p> Didn't say if fighters will gain popularity or not from the show though.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="KentuckyFriedLizard" data-cite="KentuckyFriedLizard" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Got curious (as well) so did a bit of editing to get a look, apparently Throwaway shows don't gain your company any popularity but let you have a main event three sizes lower than your current popularity (in my file the company was Low International, so could have a main event that was Low National). <p> </p><p> Didn't say if fighters will gain popularity or not from the show though.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Thanks for info my friend</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mike Louis" data-cite="Mike Louis" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is the number of multiplayer slots in WMMA 5 the same as in WMMA 4? I’m asking because I’m manually booking the background history of my mod.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dcyd" data-cite="Dcyd" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How can you toggle auto negotiations for contracts when they're up? <p> </p><p> Also what are challenges option in the booking?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You toggle negotiations from the Auto Renewal screen of the office.</p><p> </p><p> Challenges are essentially call-outs.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Office -> Weight Classes. Fill in the details of the weight class you want to add and click Add. That's it, it's very quick and easy.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It might pay to clarify, as there is no "Add" button, only "Save", which with the way the screen responds to other clicks, implies that we are only editing the currently selected class.</p><p> </p><p> It works the way you intend, but isn't apparent in its current presentation.</p>

<p>Game looks great so far! Loving the new resolution. </p><p> </p><p>

Is there a way to save my shortlist settings? I don't want to get alerts for every category on the list, but having to manually select/deselect the couple things I want every time is annoying.</p><p> </p><p>

Thanks!</p>