WMMA5 Small Questions Thread

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Afroduck" data-cite="Afroduck" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The two that I was wondering about were Aggressive and Annoying.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Someone Aggressive will often call out fighters in a negative way, resulting in a bad relationship, like "come on punk, you got nothin'". I think Annoying will have something to do with the daily messages popping up that feed the fueds. They seem different for people with other persona's.</p><p> </p><p> If you want to test it out yourself, just put relationship frequency to the highest value and you'll see it in a trial playthrough you're lucky.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="White Dolphin" data-cite="White Dolphin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>For some reason I'm blanking on where I check to see all the "Guy X called out Guy Y for a fight and the crowd cares this much about it" bits in my company. Where is that located?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Match Making > Add Fight > Challenges</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BuddyGarner" data-cite="BuddyGarner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What happens if you get to the event and you have it left as To be announced does it use a local fighter?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> As far as I've seen with my experience. You'll be informed that you still have a TBA on your card and be forced to scrap the fight, if you are doing a one night tournament you have to scrap the entire tournament. I'll try testing it more and edit the post if need be.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Afroduck" data-cite="Afroduck" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The two that I was wondering about were Aggressive and Annoying.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Aggressive means that they'll call people out a lot in an aggressive manner.</p><p> </p><p> Annoying means they'll be quite trollish and intentionally try to wind people up, without actually resorting to full-on trolling.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="klnOmega" data-cite="klnOmega" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>When adding an injury, what does "Injury Occurs" do? The two options are fight/training and outside MMA. If I mark something "Outside MMA", does that mean that injury can only appear when a fighter is not currently booked for a fight or something?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No. It means that it would be caused by situations that aren't related to fights or training. Like household injuries, etc.</p>

<p>I just got my first round of new fighters ready to fight. I see a lot of them have no pictures. I was wondering if there was a way to make sure all new fighters have pictures or is this just the way it is.</p><p> </p><p>

Thanks, WMMA5 looks great and feels much more "alive". Great job!</p>

<p>I am trying to do a Multiplayer league with a friend of mine and we seem to keep running into a snag. At this point we are setting up our avatars. Player one sets his up and passes along the file to me. When I open the file it asks Player 2 to set up their avatar which I complete and then pass the file back to Player 1. </p><p> </p><p>

The problem is when I pass the file back to player 1 and he replaces his original file with the updated one it doesn't seem to update. It always brings him back to the file that he originally sent me. Are we missing a step somewhere? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks. </p><p>

(Note: We are both running the game in Admin mode.)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It sounds like an admin mode issue. I'd suggest you do a search for the folder name "SaveGames" and see if you can spot a second copy on your computer, and if so then try putting the file there. Remember, admin mode means that you technically have two copies of the files going.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Will check it out thanks for the quick response.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cymru96" data-cite="cymru96" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Had a quick look through the editor to see what’s new etc. Am I right in thinking that there’s no new fighters set to debut after January 2002? Will it purely be regens, rather than newgens, from the off?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MeatHaus" data-cite="MeatHaus" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Im a little bummed that BCF still only have three belt images.. Is there any plan to add those in given that its the third biggest company in the database to start with?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No, not unless someone new takes up belt graphic making, as the previous artist is no longer around.</p>

I think I know the answer to this, but not 100% sure...

When adding fighters using the in-game populate feature, if random ability is selected is it truly random, or is weighted in line with the era settings for the time?

If it is truly random, is there a quick way that an option could be added to make it in line with how game-regenerated fighters skill levels are set?

Another one I'm not 100% sure I know - I always use a cage as that's the MMA I've seen.

In a ring, is there any change to the fighters who would be successful?

Is it reasonable to assume that a wrestler or clinch fighter may not be as effective as they can't control people against the perimeter? Fewer takedowns maybe?

Would fights be generally more exciting as there would be less using the perimeter to reduce an attackers opportunities (e.g. BJJ fighters would have more space to operate?)

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="AlexB" data-cite="AlexB" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Another one I'm not 100% sure I know - I always use a cage as that's the MMA I've seen.<p> </p><p> In a ring, is there any change to the fighters who would be successful?</p><p> </p><p> Is it reasonable to assume that a wrestler or clinch fighter may not be as effective as they can't control people against the perimeter? Fewer takedowns maybe?</p><p> </p><p> Would fights be generally more exciting as there would be less using the perimeter to reduce an attackers opportunities (e.g. BJJ fighters would have more space to operate?)</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Not a direct answer to your question, but there is a specific rating that fighters have under "mental" that controls how comfortable they are in a cage, and how comfortable they are in a ring.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dogmeat" data-cite="Dogmeat" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Am i just stupid and not seeing it or is it no longer possible to view Fight Metrics during the fight?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Fight Metrics appear at the end of each round and at the end of the fight.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Doink13" data-cite="Doink13" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What is the difference between characters and free pictures?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Characters are people already in the database, Free Pictures are the renders that'll be used for fighters created in-game.</p>