WMMA5 Small Questions Thread

Reading the help text for weight cutting, it looks like there isn't any value that's left up to chance when you hit Weightcutting > 80. Does that mean that fighters with Weightcutting 80 would be able to consistently cut 11% and never miss weight in that range?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Munit" data-cite="Munit" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So do tournaments have alternates or is it a bye on injury</div></blockquote><p> Injuries result in a bye the fight will start as normal then the injured party will forfeit, depends on the injury though the surrender I saw I htink was due to a broken jaw but Jerry Bogdnovich fought through all three rounds of a tournament with a sprained wrist.</p>

If you can't get a belt graphic try going to a belt makers website they usually have pics of their work. Sometimes they have generic belts that you can use as yours. Also try Googling old wrestling promotions with the same or similar initials and use pics of their belts. Not perfect but better than blanks.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kemicode" data-cite="kemicode" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Does the location of your fight affect the quickness of a fighter's training camp?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="AlexB" data-cite="AlexB" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>In a ring, is there any change to the fighters who would be successful?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Other than the obvious of Ring and Cage Comfort, there's some mild changes such as strikers being able to corner people, meaning they might be more successful against elusive opponents, and there are some grappling / ground moves that are only available in cages so there might be a tiny handicap there.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="AlexB" data-cite="AlexB" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is it reasonable to assume that a wrestler or clinch fighter may not be as effective as they can't control people against the perimeter? Fewer takedowns maybe?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="AlexB" data-cite="AlexB" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Would fights be generally more exciting as there would be less using the perimeter to reduce an attackers opportunities (e.g. BJJ fighters would have more space to operate?)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Not really. It's not going to affect the excitement that much, except with some of the above things like some strikers perhaps being better able to get strikes in because of the corners.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dogmeat" data-cite="Dogmeat" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What goes into the calculation of betting lines? Is it purely based on Reputation? If not, what other factors are there?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It takes into account many, many factors.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Phaeno" data-cite="Phaeno" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Reading the help text for weight cutting, it looks like there isn't any value that's left up to chance when you hit Weightcutting > 80. Does that mean that fighters with Weightcutting 80 would be able to consistently cut 11% and never miss weight in that range?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes, the help file is correct.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mattduck" data-cite="Mattduck" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If you can't get a belt graphic try going to a belt makers website they usually have pics of their work. Sometimes they have generic belts that you can use as yours. Also try Googling old wrestling promotions with the same or similar initials and use pics of their belts. Not perfect but better than blanks.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think that'd be a fairly clear breach of copyright, so I'm not going to be doing that.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kemicode" data-cite="kemicode" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Sorry, I meant fighter rep. The one you're able to sort in the matchmaking screen. Love the revamped layout. I absolutely love the assistant although the fresh matches tab causes a huge delay since naturally, there are lot of fresh matches. This is an auto-buy for me. Too bad it's 1 AM here and I have to go to work tomorrow. Will have to tinker some other time.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't have the game yet but what does the "Assistant" do that you speak of and what does the "Fresh Matches" tab do? Can someone explain that for me?</p><p> </p><p> I wondering if it's what i think it is..........</p>

I don't have the game yet but what does the "Assistant" do that you speak of and what does the "Fresh Matches" tab do? Can someone explain that for me?

I wondering if it's what i think it is..........

the assistant does several things to help you with booking shows.

title fights tab shows you which champion is able to face the #1 contender in their division.

main events tab shows you fights which could be used as a main event.

hometown tab shows you if you have any fighters who are from the place the event is held in and are able to fight on it.

rematch tab shows you which fights have a good reason for a rematch. like a split desicion or when the fight got overturned.

fresh matchups tab shows you which fighters didnt fight each other yet.

debut tab tells you which fighters have yet to debut in your company

there is also a tab called ''challenges'' im not sure what it does but it says the following ''this is a list of challenges where both fighters are in the specified weight class and are eligible for this show''

the assistant does several things to help you with booking shows.

title fights tab shows you which champion is able to face the #1 contender in their division.

main events tab shows you fights which could be used as a main event.

hometown tab shows you if you have any fighters who are from the place the event is held in and are able to fight on it.

rematch tab shows you which fights have a good reason for a rematch. like a split desicion or when the fight got overturned.

fresh matchups tab shows you which fighters didnt fight each other yet.

debut tab tells you which fighters have yet to debut in your company

there is also a tab called ''challenges'' im not sure what it does but it says the following ''this is a list of challenges where both fighters are in the specified weight class and are eligible for this show''

I'm pretty sure challenges are when someone calls out another fighter.

Very stupid question since I'm new to WMMA. What exactly does guaranteed fights mean in contract negotiations? If all the guaranteed fights are done, can I cut my guy anytime? Or is it the fight earning he is guaranteed to receive if somehow, the contract lapses without him completing his agreed # of fights?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kemicode" data-cite="kemicode" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Very stupid question since I'm new to WMMA. What exactly does guaranteed fights mean in contract negotiations? If all the guaranteed fights are done, can I cut my guy anytime? Or is it the fight earning he is guaranteed to receive if somehow, the contract lapses without him completing his agreed # of fights?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Guaranteed fights just mean that you are basically on the hook for paying the fighter for that amount in the time of the contract. You can cut the guy for free after all his guaranteed fights are done. It works both ways I think. You will have to pay him the money if the contract finishes before all the fights are done but I never get to that point.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheProdigy" data-cite="TheProdigy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Guaranteed fights just mean that you are basically on the hook for paying the fighter for that amount in the time of the contract. You can cut the guy for free after all his guaranteed fights are done. It works both ways I think. You will have to pay him the money if the contract finishes before all the fights are done but I never get to that point.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> May I ask how I can cut him if his guaranteed fights are done? I only see the option to cut him after a loss in the "Cut from Roster" button.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kemicode" data-cite="kemicode" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>May I ask how I can cut him if his guaranteed fights are done? I only see the option to cut him after a loss in the "Cut from Roster" button.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If you just click the highlighted category again, it disables it and doesn't filter your fighters so you can cut anyone. You can also just go into your roster normally and cut someone from there by clicking on the contracted portion of the screen which shows if they are exclusive and how many fights/time is remaining on the contract.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheProdigy" data-cite="TheProdigy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If you just click the highlighted category again, it disables it and doesn't filter your fighters so you can cut anyone. You can also just go into your roster normally and cut someone from there by clicking on the contracted portion of the screen which shows if they are exclusive and how many fights/time is remaining on the contract.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Absolutely did not know this. Thanks a lot!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dogmeat" data-cite="Dogmeat" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Probably a dumb question but want to make sure: With a one-night tournament, does every match a fighter competes in count as a fight on his contract, or does the whole night only count as one?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I remember reading somewhere on the forum that it only counts as 1 fight on his contract but you pay him for each fight.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Night Robin" data-cite="Night Robin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I usually catch these games months after they are out so I've usually got a well patched version by then. If I start a save and download a new patch, does that affect my saved game or do I have to start a new game for the patched issues to be fixed?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Usually you can carry on with your saved game; I think there was one patch a couple of years ago where a major issue was fixed and people had to start new games? But this is VERY rare.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dogmeat" data-cite="Dogmeat" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Probably a dumb question but want to make sure: With a one-night tournament, does every match a fighter competes in count as a fight on his contract, or does the whole night only count as one?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The whole event is one fight. Please see the in-game Handbook, there's a whole section on tournaments.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Night Robin" data-cite="Night Robin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I usually catch these games months after they are out so I've usually got a well patched version by then. If I start a save and download a new patch, does that affect my saved game or do I have to start a new game for the patched issues to be fixed?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The patch can be applied to a save game in progress. The only thing you have to bear in mind is that patches prevent errors, they can't "go back in time" and fix things that have already gone wrong. It'd be very rare for you to have to restart a save game, I don't think anyone has had to do that in a long time.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Wayne28" data-cite="Wayne28" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Might have missed it, but anyone know how "top rankings" work in game?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You mean the section in the editor? It just logs what that fighter's highest ever position in the rankings was, so that it is correctly shown when viewing his Achievements.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lr10540" data-cite="lr10540" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I can't seem to find where to go to create a reoccurring TV show such as GAMMA's Battlelines or ALPHA-1'S Warriors of the Ring. Can anyone help me on this? I'm sure I'm just blind.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Match Making -> Add Show -> TV Shows</p>

You were never meant to be able to - when a fighter retires a lot of his data changes, and simply changing the status does not take that into account so you end up with glitches and other issues. Had I known people were abusing the editor to force people into retirement I would have blocked it from previous games too.

You were never meant to be able to - when a fighter retires a lot of his data changes, and simply changing the status does not take that into account so you end up with glitches and other issues. Had I known people were abusing the editor to force people into retirement I would have blocked it from previous games too.

I never had any issues in WMMA3 with glitches, but I would use it if someone retired out of nowhere and I completely missed the message or if there was someone I felt retired too young and had more to give. Never forced someone into retirement though.