WMMA5 Small Questions Thread

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="dmatos01" data-cite="dmatos01" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do I edit the TAGs?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You can't.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Tag01" data-cite="Tag01" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You can't.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Adam, please.. add Nationality TAG..</p><p> It would be interesting to filter the fighters at events by nationality ..</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Sorry, that was a typo, it should have read "forcing out of retirement".</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> So I guess a lot of data crashes in previous games were do to this option so it was wasting your time trying to figure out peoples problems with data? I understand how that would piss you off.</p><p> </p><p> Any advice on what we can edit characteristics of the fighter to so we can talk them in or out of retirement?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The patch can be applied to a save game in progress. The only thing you have to bear in mind is that patches prevent errors, they can't "go back in time" and fix things that have already gone wrong. It'd be very rare for you to have to restart a save game, I don't think anyone has had to do that in a long time.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Awesome. Glad to hear that.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Apupunchau@optonline" data-cite="Apupunchau@optonline" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there a thread for minor issues. Like typos or misspellings?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I just made a new thread in the tech support forum when I found a typo. If you have a bunch you can just compile it into one post. The post gets deleted as soon as its patched so it won't clog up the forum if that's what you are worried about.</p>

<p>okay, I've been wondering about this for as long as I started trying to create my own fighters.</p><p> </p><p>

So you create a fighter and give him some stats...</p><p>

In game - does the fighter start with those stats or are those his "peak" stats when (and if) he trains enough and has enough of a potential?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="raufbold" data-cite="raufbold" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>okay, I've been wondering about this for as long as I started trying to create my own fighters.<p> </p><p> So you create a fighter and give him some stats...</p><p> In game - does the fighter start with those stats or are those his "peak" stats when (and if) he trains enough and has enough of a potential?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Those are his actual stats. Peak stats are determined by attributes and potential.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="edvis500" data-cite="edvis500" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Where can I find savegames files? Because WMMA5\Databases\Default\SaveGames folder are empty even though I have 3 save files. Thank you.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Are you Going throguh the full Program Files(x86)/GDS/WMMA5/Databases/Saved Games?</p><p> </p><p> If so were you running in admin mode cause if not they might show up in Users/User(Whatever your's is called)/Appdata/Local/VirtualStore/Program FIles(x86)/GDS and you should be able to find it from there.</p><p> </p><p> If you weren't running in admin mode try to make sure you do in future, it makes your life a lot easier.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="WrestleManiac" data-cite="WrestleManiac" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have a one night tournament set up, and a fighter gets an injury the day before the fight. I have no replacement fighters. How do I edit the tournament to give the fighter a bye? The only option I see is to cancel the tournament.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You can't give byes. If you didn't include some potential alternates on your undercard who you can swap in (which you should always do, it's a sensible precaution) then you're got no option but to cancel it.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dross" data-cite="Dross" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there any benefit in letting fighters fight in front of a home crowd? or is this just a personal/cosmetic touch?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They get slight bonuses. This is covered in the "?" button next to the hometown field in the editor, and may also be in the handbook, I forget.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You can't give byes. If you didn't include some potential alternates on your undercard who you can swap in (which you should always do, it's a sensible precaution) then you're got no option but to cancel it</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> With this mind, is it possible to add a couple of alternate slots to the tournament booking screen, without necessarily booking them in fights?</p><p> </p><p> Edit: or, thinking about it, is is possible to add a line so we can give byes when late withdrawals occur (thought I’d ask, but assume this would have been built in if it was)</p><p> </p><p> If not, if you take one fighter from a pre arranged fight and use them as an alternate prior to the event, what happens with the other fighter? Will he still be available to use as an alternate on the day if need be?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="AlexB" data-cite="AlexB" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>With this mind, is it possible to add a couple of alternate slots to the tournament booking screen, without necessarily booking them in fights?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No, that's not viable.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="AlexB" data-cite="AlexB" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If not, if you take one fighter from a pre arranged fight and use them as an alternate prior to the event, what happens with the other fighter? Will he still be available to use as an alternate on the day if need be?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Their completed training is saved, so they'd still be available to be booked on the show.</p>

<p>Any chance we get the full release before Tuesday? Lol </p><p>

I'm like halfway just joking, keep waking up and checking forums everyday just in case though. I didn't get to play wmma4 so the game feels so much more fleshed out from what I'm used to in 3. </p><p>

My actual question is can you run a GAMMA battle lines event as a major show, but only put it on tv and not ppv if you have a decent lineup or does that create alot of penalties? Also, where is the option to have an organization do a 10 count on knockdown?</p>

<p>I could be totally wrong here, but I seem to remember setting Potential to 0 in WMMA4 would totally randomize the fighter's potential at the beginning of the game. The in-game text doesn't mention this, though.</p><p> </p><p>

The Modern Warriors 2009 mod has every fighter sitting at 0 Potential - I just want to make sure that doesn't mean "really bad potential". If so, I'll just use the editor to set everyone's to a reasonable level so I don't have a bunch of poor potential guys roaming around.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Phaeno" data-cite="Phaeno" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I could be totally wrong here, but I seem to remember setting Potential to 0 in WMMA4 would totally randomize the fighter's potential at the beginning of the game. The in-game text doesn't mention this, though.<p> </p><p> The Modern Warriors 2009 mod has every fighter sitting at 0 Potential - I just want to make sure that doesn't mean "really bad potential". If so, I'll just use the editor to set everyone's to a reasonable level so I don't have a bunch of poor potential guys roaming around.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> 0 potential used to mean it would be random. I assume that has not changed.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BuddyGarner" data-cite="BuddyGarner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>what's the criteria for hall of fame?</div></blockquote><p> Wins against top 10 fighters and title defences in national and international companies. An "excellent fight" field has been added, which I assume just counts the number of fights rated Excellent a fighter has been in.</p>