WMMA5 Small Questions Thread

• 5 weeks later...

When the game generates new fighters, it is my understanding that it gets the fighter images from the Free Pictures section in the database. I have some 4,000 fighter bodies and faces that I have in my pictures folder, and I would like them to randomly appear throughout my playthrough. However, when I try to import to Free Pictures, the only images I can import are from the Default Database's free pictures.

How can I import the fighter images from my pictures folder into Free Pictures?

edit: Additionally, what does "Home Grown" in the area section of the database do?

Edited by unicornturtle

6 hours ago, unicornturtle said:

When the game generates new fighters, it is my understanding that it gets the fighter images from the Free Pictures section in the database. I have some 4,000 fighter bodies and faces that I have in my pictures folder, and I would like them to randomly appear throughout my playthrough. However, when I try to import to Free Pictures, the only images I can import are from the Default Database's free pictures.

How can I import the fighter images from my pictures folder into Free Pictures?

You can't. The Free Pictures section of the database contains records, each of which links to a picture and gives details about it such as ethnicity, quality, weights, etc (I suggest you open one of the default free pictures in the editor if you don't understand what I'm talking about, it's a lot simpler to see it 'in action'). For a picture in your folder to be usable, it needs an associated record, otherwise the game doesn't know how to use it. This cannot be automated (as obviously the game has no way of knowing how tall or what ethnicity a render is meant to be) so you'd have to manually create records for them.

'Homegrown' is for the demographic penalties for that area, it means you'd be required to have someone from an appropriate place (i.e. a Japanese company having at least one Japanese fighter) to avoid getting penalised.

Does anybody out there edit their game-in-progress? I have been playing as SIGMA, and my only frustration is not being able to sign fighters to exclusive contracts. I have been playing this save since 2020, but because I don't play as often as many of you, I am only in my second game year. 

I'm trying to decide if I should edit my existing SIGMA save to improve popularity, or start a new one and edit at the beginning. 

I don't like the GAMMA logo, so I don't want to play as GAMMA.

Edited by Antonin

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, 

When a fighter wins the title in a catchweight bout, do you physically move them to the weight class where they won the title or keep them at their weight class and continue to defend in catchweight bouts?

example - Piper (FW) won the BW title from Pam in a catchweight fight.  Do you keep Piper at FW and have her BW defenses catchweight fights or do you move her to BW? 

Is it possible to tweak the fight engine so that fighters can't make miraculous recoveries from damage that should have ended a fight? For example I just witnessed Diego Arteta hit Darin Blood with a kick to the head that ought to have finished the fight but in the seconds it took Arteta to begin ground and pounding, Blood's recovered enough to win the match when he ought to be semi-conscious at best.  In another fight Helio had done so much damage to the legs of Sean Morrison that Morrison could barely walk yet Morrison wins the match with wrestling moves that he shouldn't be able to do on barely functional legs.  Stuff like this spoils my enjoyment of the game and I'd appreciate it if somebody could tell me how to fix it. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm seven months into a new game as BCF. I have been losing up to $100k per month, even though I am having almost all my shows in London and have been doing common-sense things like hiring recommended fighters, having division champions fight #1 contenders, making fights according to popularity, etc. I am having one or two events per month.

Is there some simple thing I am doing wrong? I have only about $500k left, so I will be bankrupt in less than a year.

I would appreciate any advice on how to continue.

16 hours ago, Antonin said:

Is there some simple thing I am doing wrong? I have only about $500k left, so I will be bankrupt in less than a year.

It takes over a year for your company to close when in the red, so don't worry. Do you have "financial difficulty" on normal in the settings? 

It doesn't matter if your shows are all in London (actually: better if they're not).

Remember to enable the PPV broadcaster for every show. Are you sure you're only having the PPV broadcaster on and not both? Do it manually of the AI will suggest having both, which is a really bad idea as the other is internet-based, causing everyone to stop paying you for the PPV.

I took the demo out and played through BCF's first 3 months and made profit (about 100K a month) without much effort. Except for one of the events failing as I didn't notice the main eventers was injured until the day before. :p

Don't spend too much on prelims. Your main costs are going to be both Potter and Alois. Use the latter strategically, like in the co-main of one of the 'lesser' title fights.

What I booked:

1. Baines vs Olsen, co = Sithalayan vs Mullally

2. Webb vs Griffin, co = Allois vs Phipps

3. Potter vs Catcher, co = McSweegan vs Kirby

• Like 1

On 3/10/2023 at 2:34 PM, zenification said:

Hi Everyone, 

When a fighter wins the title in a catchweight bout, do you physically move them to the weight class where they won the title or keep them at their weight class and continue to defend in catchweight bouts?

example - Piper (FW) won the BW title from Pam in a catchweight fight.  Do you keep Piper at FW and have her BW defenses catchweight fights or do you move her to BW? 

No they can stay at FW and keep defending the title at BW. Honestly catchweight fights are really awkward for the women's weights. Most fighters will drop or go up a class without issue, including Evergood.

The other awkward thing is that the game gets very confused in creating the rankings if it's catchweight.

11 hours ago, Blackman said:

It takes over a year for your company to close when in the red, so don't worry. Do you have "financial difficulty" on normal in the settings? 

It doesn't matter if your shows are all in London (actually: better if they're not).

Remember to enable the PPV broadcaster for every show. Are you sure you're only having the PPV broadcaster on and not both? Do it manually of the AI will suggest having both, which is a really bad idea as the other is internet-based, causing everyone to stop paying you for the PPV.

I took the demo out and played through BCF's first 3 months and made profit (about 100K a month) without much effort. Except for one of the events failing as I didn't notice the main eventers was injured until the day before. :p

Don't spend too much on prelims. Your main costs are going to be both Potter and Alois. Use the latter strategically, like in the co-main of one of the 'lesser' title fights.

What I booked:

1. Baines vs Olsen, co = Sithalayan vs Mullally

2. Webb vs Griffin, co = Allois vs Phipps

3. Potter vs Catcher, co = McSweegan vs Kirby

Thank you so much! I guess my problem was that I had both broadcasters on. When I changed that to having the PPV broadcaster only, I finally started making money on each event. Now I can focus on finding good fighters to sign, putting together interesting fights, etc. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/31/2023 at 5:08 PM, Antonin said:

I'm seven months into a new game as BCF. I have been losing up to $100k per month, even though I am having almost all my shows in London and have been doing common-sense things like hiring recommended fighters, having division champions fight #1 contenders, making fights according to popularity, etc. I am having one or two events per month.

I would appreciate any advice on how to continue.

Losing 100k a show in London is pretty realistic for the era in which WMMA is set to be honest 😄 

On 5/12/2023 at 12:37 AM, brashleyholland1 said:

Losing 100k a show in London is pretty realistic for the era in which WMMA is set to be honest 😄 

Welcome back! I guess it's the unavoidable itch to play another session of wmma. 😎

I agree it's too easy to make money. But i don't mind honestly. 

• 3 weeks later...

Is there some way to mod the fight system of this game, so that when it tells you a fighter can barely move due to damage to his leg it actually has an effect on the fight being simmed? 'Cause I'm getting sick and tired of hearing how a fighter is basically immobile only for said fighter to be VERY effing mobile and win the fight.

5 hours ago, MightyDavidson said:

Is there some way to mod the fight system of this game, so that when it tells you a fighter can barely move due to damage to his leg it actually has an effect on the fight being simmed? 'Cause I'm getting sick and tired of hearing how a fighter is basically immobile only for said fighter to be VERY effing mobile and win the fight.

No, you can't mod the fight engine.

If you're seeing text that they're legs are damaged then it does have an impact on the simulation, their related stats will be reduced severely.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2023 at 3:15 AM, MightyDavidson said:

only for said fighter to be VERY effing mobile and win the fight.

How do you deduct they are very mobile? I definitely get the feeling they are almost standing still, which - by the way - doesn't mean they aren't dangerous. If their opponent closes the distance, they can still hit very hard.

Unlike body shots, leg kicks don't impact their stamina (at least not directly).

On 6/14/2023 at 5:55 AM, Blackman said:

How do you deduct they are very mobile? I definitely get the feeling they are almost standing still, which - by the way - doesn't mean they aren't dangerous. If their opponent closes the distance, they can still hit very hard.

Unlike body shots, leg kicks don't impact their stamina (at least not directly).

The part where they were moving, despite the game telling me that they were practically unable to do so was something of a hint to their mobility.

On 6/16/2023 at 8:47 PM, MightyDavidson said:

The part where they were moving, despite the game telling me that they were practically unable to do so was something of a hint to their mobility.

You're not making sense. If the game says they barely can move, then they're barely moving. There's no graphics that would have them physically move, so you're making it up in your head.

As in the real fights, they can still move awkwardly. Once the fighter can no longer move, a leg kick TKO is called. It happens in the game too.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like there isn't a way to do this, but haven't played this game in a minute so figured I'd ask just in case...

Is there any way to edit a fighter to end their hiatus, or do I just have to wait it out?

Figured I could set up an org and do a better job than the PFL (which doesn't seem too hard right now), and of course Kevin Lee goes on hiatus after going 1-0. Pretty much my only marquee signing who won their opening round matchup as well so far (things didn't go quite as well for Thomas Almeida or Rashad Evans).

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2023 at 3:19 AM, Iceisle said:

High Level Regional

Thanks. I'm Mid-Level at 40% atm... Just waiting until I hit High-Level, so Gamma and Alpha will stop poaching my talent :p
I don't have any titles yet in my company, as I want to wait to make sure my champs aren't poached days after winning the title