March 2018 Draft Thread

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dr_Avalanche" data-cite="Dr_Avalanche" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45064" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>One for the future. I'll take Henare, please.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I grabbed him back in round 33 (Aaron Henry)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="southside_hitmen" data-cite="southside_hitmen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45064" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I grabbed him back in round 33 (Aaron Henry)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thought he went but I couldn't remember his name</p>

I'll round the draft off with a PPV Deal on Sky Box Office, the database will be posted in this thread in about 18-24 hours for everyone!

Jeez, 18-24 hours? Working fast for us! I kind of want to delve into gimmicks for my roster members, but that could be added in another version of the database if need be.

Jeez, 18-24 hours? Working fast for us! I kind of want to delve into gimmicks for my roster members, but that could be added in another version of the database if need be.

Everybody that I am aware of within the database, most of the people drafted, have suitable, realistic gimmicks, albeit there are some that have default gimmicks for the alter ego selected.

You'll know what you want your roster to be better than I do, so I'd recommend setting the gimmicks to what you want them to be before starting a game.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="NoLegsGaming" data-cite="NoLegsGaming" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45064" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Merry Christmas lads, here's the database | <a href="http://www.mediafire.com/file/i5udq0aoqrd7vds/MarchDraft.rar" rel="external nofollow">http://www.mediafire.com/file/i5udq0aoqrd7vds/MarchDraft.rar</a></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's a christmas miracle</p>

<p>An outsiders view of the draft</p><p> </p><p>

NLG - Started with 2 no brainer selections for a Japanese thread and then drafted a solid roster. If there's a negative it's that it's skewing a little old and might have time decline issues. Japan has a ton of talent though so I am sure that can be addressed after the game starts.</p><p> </p><p>

Dr.A - McGregor is the steal of the draft in the 3rd. His baseline stats are so strong and his age means even a moderate destiny result gives you a beast. A solid roster but perhaps a little low on the excitement meter if I'm looking for a negative. The brutal war with HRTVAndrew that is inevitable come the start of the game should be reminiscent of the old WWE/WCW Monday Night wars.</p><p> </p><p>

Southside - Went for youth so long term prospects are good if you can fend off the other Japanese feds. Henry, Rougeau, Dieter, Dragon Lee II and especially Takeshita all have the potential to be huge with a good destiny result. In the nov draft I picked up Henry post draft and he turned into a Main Event beast within 3 years. The negative - will struggle in the initial Japanese dogfight but the DDT Universe pick helps ensure coverage. </p><p> </p><p>

mikemanwba - Cant be accused on not going heavily British Isles. Missed McGregor & Devitt though which is probably a mistake when you take Dunne & Sabre instead given the fact they are unlikely to have gone to anyone else in the first few rounds. No TV deal could be an issue but hopefully beign by themselves can aid that.</p><p> </p><p>

Sinestro - It's an eclectic mix. Might struggle to attract the audience given some of the high profile talent elsewhere. </p><p> </p><p>

Jackwwefan - see Sinestro. Both feds are struggling with top end Star Power but not talent. </p><p> </p><p>

Larrakin - Certainly through in a few swing for the fences picks in the last 15 rounds. The NJPW world pick-up helps secure them coverage. Will probably be 3rd in Japan early but has a good young talent base to build from.</p><p> </p><p>

Uncrewed - So alone in Mexico again. Straight away that gives enormous opportunities to draft a strong local roster. Mundo in Round 10 is the 2nd best steal in the draft. There is no negative because any holes can be easily filled as soon as the game went live from the ton of Mexican workers available.</p><p> </p><p>

HRTVAndrew - Full of young go getters like Charlie Haas & the Hurricane. Seriously though it's a super old roster but it's pop will make attracting young guys easy enough post draft. It's built to dominate early and then rely on poaching talent later. Negative - Most of the roster have more yesterdays than tomorrows so time decline is an issue. I assume the plan is to go out and hire some young guys once the game begins. </p><p> </p><p>

Nobody drafted badly and it is the kind of game world where you could run 10 different watcher games with 10 very different results. The strongest initial fed pop wise is also the oldest in terms of age so that could go very well or very badly for them for instance. The 3 way Japanese Dogfight could shake out in favour of any one of those feds. The only certainty is Uncrewed's fed being super strong.</p>

mikemanwba - Cant be accused on not going heavily British Isles. Missed McGregor & Devitt though which is probably a mistake when you take Dunne & Sabre instead given the fact they are unlikely to have gone to anyone else in the first few rounds. No TV deal could be an issue but hopefully beign by themselves can aid that.

I couldn't get Devitt because of the location rules and McGregor is of no interest to me due to how you would have to book him in-ring

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mikemanwba" data-cite="mikemanwba" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45064" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I couldn't get Devitt because of the location rules and McGregor is of no interest to me due to how you would have to book him in-ring</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Fair enough. McGregor is worth it purely for the pop. You really don't have to do anything different to anyone else for McGregor either. When I drafted him in the Nov draft - I tried throwing him in tag teams and almost straight away he had some chemistry with Devitt so it was easy. His only issue is his tendency to wander off to MMA fights. A couple of years in he's such a beast though - his mic work is great and in ring he's phenomenal. His base stats are so good that he could sit there with a terrible destiny roll and still be a decent roster member, any sort of good result and it's like in my game. I also drafted Pete Dunne and he has been my problem child - if you push him at all he turns into a hugely negative influence pretty quickly and I had to suspend him like 3 times for starting fights in 3 years .... on the plus side one fight did result in him getting absolutely slaughtered by a member of the Colony ... the image of a guy in an ant costume handing him his head was almost too funny. The problem with pushing young guys is that the game is programmed in such a way that their negative personality traits get worse pretty quickly.</p>

Archived