Need some advice about renaming pictures and characters......

I'm creating a mod, which has taken the best part of 4 years so far. It's a mod that uses regens.

I have around 900 fighters in the database so far each with a name and a face and body picture.

My problem is that I want to rename all the pictures and characters to numbers starting from 00001, 00002, 00003, etc. I've got a program that does this in seconds, but as soon as I rename the files, the game 'forgets' which pic is assigned to each character.

Is there a work around? Just for clarification I want to rename both the pics and the characters as numbers from 00001 onwards. (The reason for this is to keep a master file with every pic numbered with each pre regenerated character).

I hope this is clear enough for you to understand.

Thanks

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45228" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>No, there wouldn't be. The game stores pictures by holding the file name, not its location on the computer, so you'd always end up needing to manually rename them.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks for the reply Adam.</p>

Archived