Interviews

Mmmmk, I noticed I was constantly getting my butt handed to me in interviews with my newbie wrestler. Figuring hey, he's only got like 17% Mic skill, and about as much charisma. Later on I wanted to see what happened when you won an interview. So I started superstar mode, made a guy with 100% Mic and 100% charisma, (He had like 3% str, I was wondering if you could make it to the top on Mic skills/charm alone) and I still can't win an interview. Seriously, I've been in about 12-14 verbal battles and I haven't won any yet. I'm going up against guys with no skill in that small New York fed, with like 12% - 18% skill and they are consistently beating the hell out of me. I know if you right click it will tell you the chance you'll deliver the line. At first I was picking the big ones, like Big Catchphrase, and after 4 or 5 interviews of picking nothing but that, and constantly not delivering the line right, I decided to stop and pick more in the middle. After constantly not delivering the line right (I think I didn't fail at it 2 maybe 3 times) I just started mixing it up with the low ones, and the middle ones, which results in my losing because I either A. Don't deliver the line right, or B. Deliver it right, but get no response. What I'm trying to say is, either I'm extremely unlucky, or giving and winning an interview is a lot harder then it should be.

I agree that it seems difficult to hit the higher "attacks" in an interview. I usually win mine by countering the other guy's tactics. If he goes for a pun, I usually try to turn it around on him and when successful, I get double response from the crowd. If he goes for lower than a pun, I usually just take it. 9 times out of 10 ten, this method seems to work. I stick to the three lowest attacks when it's my turn. But it would be nice to actually succeed at some of the more powerful tactics.

I'd like to actually GET an interview. My first guy was prolly 60-70 charisma, and above 70 mic skills, just from kissing ass backstage, and over two years playing time, but never got one interview. I've since done two more guys, one who I'm still playing with, and again, no interviews

I've never really put someone away in an interview. The opponent usually dig themself into a deep hole and are never able to recover from it. I feel lucky when I am able to get either a draw or victory in the very end. Is there actual "tactics" when it comes to the interview portion. Whenever I do a line correctly, I never get a crowd reaction.

The interviews have a great capacity to let you fail, but not much for victory. The low level interview moves have a good chance of delivering but very little chance of getting a reaction. Whereas the bigger ones will almost always fail and make you look like an idiot. I've had quite a few interviews (around 4) but I've only ever delivered about 2 lines correctly that were over a 60% chance of doing so. If you don't deliver the line it shouldn't do anything to your interest level in my opinion, only if you really botch the segment, whereas delivering the line correctly should do you good, and then the higher level ones shouldn't do anything if you fail them but do a lot of good for you if you deliver to 10% goodness. This would seemingly make interviews very hard to lose and also very easy to since it'd be hard to lose overness, but that's where charisma and mic skills should come in I'm not really too upset I don't get booked in interviews very much

[QUOTE=cyberkitten01]If you don't deliver the line it shouldn't do anything to your interest level in my opinion, only if you really botch the segment, whereas delivering the line correctly should do you good, and then the higher level ones shouldn't do anything if you fail them but do a lot of good for you if you deliver to 10% goodness. [/QUOTE] I think you've misunderstood how they work. Not delivering a line successfully does [I]not[/I] hurt your interest level - unless your opponent has chosen to turn it around, in which case he goes up 1 level. In a nutshell, there are three attacks: Low Frequency \ High Success: Harder to hit, but if you do it usually results in success. These are for "desperation" times, as the opponent has a very good chance of turning the tables on you and grabbing a point. Mid Frequency \ Mid Success: These are your "normal" attacks, as there's no real advantage or disadvantage to the attacker or defender. They're your main offensive weapon. High Frequency \ Low Success: Easy to hit, but you have to hit several to guarantee a success. The advantage is that no opponent is going to try and reverse them, as the frequency is so high, and so they are relatively safe. These are what you'd use most often when you're already in the lead, as your don't need to take risks. The stats for each are available by highlighting and right-clicking - it seems a lot of people are just randomly picking their attack, whereas like the rest of the game, you should be making a clear plan based on the stats.

Archived