May 2018 Draft Hype/Signup

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Randy is gone who else would you want? PM me if you want to give a list I'm not going for the same guys as I'm just hoovering up Japanese talent now.

I'm next but if he takes Orton than I would like Cena as my back up pick. Thanks bud.

It's late and I'm tired so I am probably making a bad pick here but with my next pick I'll take Roman Reigns. Odd for a NJPW style fed I know but he's still young enough to improve his weaknesses and has decent brawling and menace. I can also see him fitting in with a few islanders I will probably take later in the draft.

If He's gone I'll go back and take a Japanese standard Hiroshi Tanahashi and hope he's not in decline too much.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mikemanwba" data-cite="mikemanwba" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45320" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I only just noticed that Bray had put Miz on his list, I promise that was my plan the whole time</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's all good.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mikemanwba" data-cite="mikemanwba" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45320" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Everyone who has requested it should now have editing eights for the document. I'm off for a bit, my next picks are Walter/Matt Riddle</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Is it possible to send this to me? It'll be easier for times when I'm not home.</p><p> </p><p> Email address is <a href="mailto:" rel="">JMBall321@gmail.com</a></p>

<p>So TPA dropped out leaving 8.</p><p> </p><p>

likemikeish wanted Graves and I dont think anyone would have a problem as this is about the time people like him start getting picked up only him and Mauro would be in high demand from past draft history.</p><p> </p><p>

I was wondering if I could do something odd and take TPA's spot and draft a 2nd fed? The world is a bit empty with only 8 and I have always wanted to draft a truly odd and weird product and was thinking that this might be a chance to do so. What I was thinking was creating a product which is basically a soap opera styled fed where acting is important and in ring well and truly secondary - a bit like Chikara but crossed with Attitude era WWE. That sort of product wouldn't be taking too many people away from the people already drafting (maybe a few personalities but not much in way of in ring) but would add a bit of life to the world.</p><p> </p><p>

Let me know either way.</p>

<p>So we are nearly half way through the draft and I was wondering how everyone felt they were shaping up?</p><p> </p><p>

Here's how I see things.</p><p> </p><p>

NLG & vamosrafa - Solid British based products that are likely to be locked in a vicious war when the game opens. vamosrafa probably has the slight edge star power wise whilst NLG has a slight edge in ring but the differences are minimal - It's going to be a war of attrition.</p><p> </p><p>

BrayWyattDestiny, mikemanwba, likemikeish & Reyrey - The US is going to be a bloodbath. Rey has gone for the athletic indy darlings, mikeman the workhorses, likemikeish the exaggerated character workers, Destiny great brawling and Bray a strangely compelling WWE/Lucha Underground hybrid. It's hard to tell which company will come out on top and I am sure if I did 100 watcher saves I'd get 100 very different results based on who poaches who and things like injuries. It will be interesting to see how the 5 feds play out over the 2nd half of the draft as depth is going to be hugely important in that war.</p><p> </p><p>

Me - In ring I'm golden and am in the unique position of being able to control my own destiny in game without having to worry about a vicious war with my natural rivals. There are 4 excellent in ring wrestlers in game and I have 2 of them (Marufuji & Nakamura) and a ton of mega talented high star quality guys most of whom are the right side of 35 so will hopefully improve. I'm not getting into the UK or US early in the game because competition is too high there but I'm unassailable in Japan. Game wise I'll very much be able to run my own race.</p>

Lucha Underground is gonna be what it is in reality but with a twist. Dario will be an evil owner like in reality. But during it a new American personality wants to take over and is invaded by some American talent. There will be supernatural forces and a sopera type wrestling. I have big plans for my three man tag division and a ton of non title rivalries. My remaining picks are chosen off of my plans I have. Everypick I make now has a reason behind it. I am exited to see how the other company's compete with my vision.

I have no problem with you adding a company afterwards with what remains, as long as it's submitted promptly after the draft is completed. Personally I'd prefer a company somewhere other than NA but at least Canada is slightly separated from the US in terms of regional and national battles. Same goes for your second company you were talking about alpha (first come first served basis on the rosters, unless you wouldn't mind sharing anyone you both pick on PPA's)

I'll probably skip on the weirdverse fed because of the sheer number of US feds meaning some odd bods are already gone. I imagine the game itsel will fill Europe, Australia and Mexico with small feds as the game progresses of course and I always go super expansive and create numerous child companies in areas as I expand so it wont stay empty for all that long.

Archived