Last played 2010 about to get 2016....

<p>Alliances are in with alliance titles.</p><p> </p><p>

SWF has fallen, USPW has risen, a few workers have retired, NOTBPW is over-reliant on its few remaining names and CGC doesn't even have that.</p><p> </p><p>

You can own your own TV network channel and put your company and any developmental territories on it for guaranteed exposure.</p><p> </p><p>

You can be owned by a television network which can be great for exposure, but may limit how big you can grow if they don't have a wide reach.</p><p> </p><p>

There are freestyle angles in the game now, and you can add as much or as little detail as you like to them.</p><p> </p><p>

2016 has a powerful set of 'sandbox' options that you can switch on or off that really effect the difficulty of the game, even taking you right back to the days of EWR in terms of just being able to put on stacked shows and get a 100% rating pretty much every show if your workers are over/talented enough.</p><p> </p><p>

I'm sure there's plenty of other changes! Look up the developer diaries for 2013+2016 for more.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="James Casey" data-cite="James Casey" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45701" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Alliances are in with alliance titles.<p> </p><p> <strong>SWF has fallen, USPW has risen</strong>, a few workers have retired, NOTBPW is over-reliant on its few remaining names and CGC doesn't even have that.</p><p> </p><p> You can own your own TV network channel and put your company and any developmental territories on it for guaranteed exposure.</p><p> </p><p> You can be owned by a television network which can be great for exposure, but may limit how big you can grow if they don't have a wide reach.</p><p> </p><p> There are freestyle angles in the game now, and you can add as much or as little detail as you like to them.</p><p> </p><p> 2016 has a powerful set of 'sandbox' options that you can switch on or off that really effect the difficulty of the game, even taking you right back to the days of EWR in terms of just being able to put on stacked shows and get a 100% rating pretty much every show if your workers are over/talented enough.</p><p> </p><p> I'm sure there's plenty of other changes! Look up the developer diaries for 2013+2016 for more.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> On paper but SWF still has the better roster, and start off winning the National Battle. USPW has slightly more pop in North America but it's hard to say they're actually bigger in anything else .o.</p><p> </p><p> Not that this probably matters....</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jon The GOAT" data-cite="Jon The GOAT" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45701" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>On paper but SWF still has the better roster, and start off winning the National Battle. USPW has slightly more pop in North America but it's hard to say they're actually bigger in anything else .o.<p> </p><p> Not that this probably matters....</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think TCW has the best roster starting the game - Rocky Golden, Sammy Bach, Eddie Peak, and Wolf Hawkins all have a ton of SQ. Aaron Andrews and RDJ are good, not great main event talents (for the national battles). Jay Chord is waiting in the wings to become a top guy as well. The only problem is that most games it seems like half their roster has their contracts ending in the first 6 months and a third are aging. Then again, if you just sign Marat Khoklov as any of the big three, you're guaranteed to win national battles for at least the first year.</p><p> </p><p> The real one to look out for is SOTBPW. I've played a bunch of games as small promotions and all but one time SOTBPW took over in USA and Canada and pushed all the others to cult.</p>

It should also be noted that if you're a story structure fiend, you better be prepared for some growing pains. Chained stories went away in '13. As a result, I've never quite gotten the same mojo post 13 that I had in 10. Your mileage of course my vary.

Archived