complete noob to game

Hi everyone. I'm brand new to the game and I was reading the beginners tutorial page and I can't find the WWE and WWF company database to start. there's no USPW for WWF- 80's 90s and WWE SFW. I tried searching but maybe i was searching the wrong terms

nowwe.thumb.JPG.e5f31765be606f2c95748f5c8adb498f.JPG

<p>So due to copyrights, etc. the game loads with a default database called the CornellVerse. It's a great fictional universe with loads of wrestling talent and a wide variety of companies to try with different products. That's what you are looking at.</p><p> </p><p>

To play as WWE/WWF, you need to use a mod. There's a whole subsection on this forum devoted to various threads on mods that players create and share. You'll find a variety of mods based in the current day as well as various historical mods that allow you take over WWF or WCW or ECW etc. at various points in history. If you want to play one of these mods, you'll need to download and install them yourself (not difficult and there's plenty of guides around) and switch databases.</p><p> </p><p>

Hope this helps. TEW can have a tremendous learning curve, but if you love pro wrestling and storytelling, you should enjoy the game. The GDS forum can be a pretty helpful place to browse and ask questions. Most members are very accommodating to new players.</p>

Mods are great--I've played several set in the territory days, but if you're just starting out with the game, I recommend playing with the default database. The Cornelverse--as we call it--is balanced to work well as a whole, and there are promotions available to fit just about any preferences you may have. Once you have a feel for how the game works, you'll enjoy mods more...or edit things in the Cornelverse to to suit you....just my .02....

Archived