Run-time Error 3021

In a last ditch effort, I've created this forum account to ask for help. I hope that this catches the eyes of the few players left, and you all are able to help me with an issue that is preventing me from completing an updated 2018 FCS mod. I've added all current (14) FCS conferences to the 'pstats' database, as well as updated all 124 team names and abbreviations. I have also deleted the the 4 left over team IDs that are no longer needed. In addition I've added all FCS cities to the 'psetup' database. I don't know why, but after I click create league I am getting this error. "Run-time Error 3021: No current record." I've searched up and down through the 'pstats' file and even created schedules for the 6 team Big South because I figured that was the problem.

TL;DR Creating a 2018 FCS mod, but the game crashes the moment I hit create league.

Very similar issue to the problems I've been having. Lots of the errors seem random.

Definitely would help to know what the maximum amount of conferences, bowl games, teams, etc. are.

Dream would be having FBS, FCS, D2, and D3 all in one beautiful game haha.

<p>Thanks for responding guys, sorry I am a little late. I was getting settled in for the year at school. I do believe that the issue may lie in with the number of conferences, but I haven't had time to open the file and rearrange everything. I will eventually get into that with some trial and error and see what happens.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="theflame8" data-cite="theflame8" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45770" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Very similar issue to the problems I've been having. Lots of the errors seem random. <p> </p><p> Definitely would help to know what the maximum amount of conferences, bowl games, teams, etc. are.</p><p> </p><p> Dream would be having FBS, FCS, D2, and D3 all in one beautiful game haha.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That would be awesome if the game was capable of that. Would be amazing for sure.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ChiefsRacer96" data-cite="ChiefsRacer96" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45770" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>In a last ditch effort, I've created this forum account to ask for help. I hope that this catches the eyes of the few players left, and you all are able to help me with an issue that is preventing me from completing an updated 2018 FCS mod. I've added all current (14) FCS conferences to the 'pstats' database, as well as updated all 124 team names and abbreviations. I have also deleted the the 4 left over team IDs that are no longer needed. In addition I've added all FCS cities to the 'psetup' database. I don't know why, but after I click create league I am getting this error. <em><strong>"Run-time Error 3021: No current record.</strong></em>" I've searched up and down through the 'pstats' file and even created schedules for the 6 team Big South because I figured that was the problem.<p> </p><p> TL;DR Creating a 2018 FCS mod, but the game crashes the moment I hit create league.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> I don't know if this pertains to your situation, but you may need to do a search of your harddrive for all folders with the name "GDS". Older formats like BBCF get placed in ONE location upon installation, however a second location is created when the user creates the first league (season). When changing the pstat or psetup files (or using a mod), that SECOND location needs to be deleted. *Don't worry, it will be regenerated once you create your first league.</p><p> </p><p> NOTE: The second location will usually be a folder called "VirtualStore". And within that location will be GDS/Bowl Bound College Football/saves. Your game saves will be found there, back them up somewhere safe before deleting the second location. Food for thought...</p><p> </p><p> This is what I have discovered and the method worked for me. Good luck !!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Veygan" data-cite="Veygan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45770" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't know if this pertains to your situation, but you may need to do a search of your harddrive for all folders with the name "GDS". Older formats like BBCF get placed in ONE location upon installation, however a second location is created when the user creates the first league (season). When changing the pstat or psetup files (or using a mod), that SECOND location needs to be deleted. *Don't worry, it will be regenerated once you create your first league.<p> </p><p> NOTE: The second location will usually be a folder called "VirtualStore". And within that location will be GDS/Bowl Bound College Football/saves. Your game saves will be found there, back them up somewhere safe before deleting the second location. Food for thought...</p><p> </p><p> This is what I have discovered and the method worked for me. Good luck !!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I completely redid my entire FCS file (pstats) from the beginning, copying and pasting old info onto the default file and it's actually working now. I am now able to progress to 64% created before the game hits another run-time error, except now it's 91. I don't know if that is a scheduling error or not, so I'll have to get the two independents schedules done and see what happens.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ChiefsRacer96" data-cite="ChiefsRacer96" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45770" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I completely redid my entire FCS file (pstats) from the beginning, copying and pasting old info onto the default file and it's actually working now. I am now able to progress to 64% created before the game hits another run-time error, except now it's 91. I don't know if that is a scheduling error or not, so I'll have to get the two independents schedules done and see what happens.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Over the past 2 weeks, I've encountered multiple errors, from 31 to 37 to 75 to 91. They range from run-time errors to file not found, record not found to object variable not set. In every instance, I discovered that it's easy to fix.</p><p> </p><p> Here's what I know:</p><p> </p><p> Error 91, check to make sure your conference divisions are balanced. Example; For 12 teams and 2 divisions, both must have 6. The "rival" game can be outside the conference, but double check to make sure your team "ID" matches (in case you changed them/ I did not to avoid an issue).</p><p> Error 75, I removed the "stat.dat and setup.dat" files formed after a league is created, in the main GDS/BBCF folder. Also any files in the "saves" folder. That fixed it.</p><p> </p><p> During my testing, I would minimize the game screen, as I also personalize the graphics (ALL of it). Well, in my excitement, I started another game instance. Having 2 game instances running at the same time IS NOT recommended (ha ha). This will most likely corrupt the saved game file. So make sure to keep up with your open app windows.</p><p> </p><p> Note: Any advice or suggestions I share are steps that I took to fix errors I found. I can not guarantee it/they will work for you.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Veygan" data-cite="Veygan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45770" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Note: Any advice or suggestions I share are steps that I took to fix errors I found. I can not guarantee it/they will work for you.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You are absolutely helping wonders, and I appreciate every bit of info you can feed me (as well as anyone else looking to modding if they're just finding this gem) on the workings of this game. Thank you very much for keeping this dialogue going!</p>

Archived