What changes should I make to WWF in 1991

What changes should I make to WWF in 1991  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What changes should I make to WWF in 1991

• Split the company into 2 brands
    • Open a brand new Developmental Company
    • Start a relationship with a small company to be their parent company

As I mentioned in my dynasty report, I want to do something to counter the massive roster that WWF has in 1991. I can either do a brand split, which was something not even thought of in 1991, or I can start a brand new developmental company, or I can work a relationship with a smaller company to be their parent company. I listed the pros and cons of each in my WWF 1991 dynasty report, now I'd like to hear the opinion of you guys.

I'm not sold on starting a relationship with a smaller company, simply because it seems I really wouldn't have any control over the company. But since I mentioned it, we'll see if it gets any votes.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="a0161613" data-cite="a0161613" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45923" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>For me a brand split isn't an option. Not sure that you have the star power.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's a fair point. Personally I think the development company is the best option but we'll see how the vote goes</p>

Honestly I would say none of the three because I like real world diaries to be somewhat grounded in reality. However, if I had to pick I would go with either becoming a parent company or opening a developmental company.

I guess an argument could be made for a brand split because that is sort of what they had in the 80's. When they ran their house shows they had two, sometimes three touring groups. They would have the A group that would go to the major cities, the B group that would go to the second tier cities and towns, and I have no clue were the C group would tour or who was even on it but I did read that they did have a third touring group.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BHK1978" data-cite="BHK1978" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45923" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Honestly I would say none of the three because I like real world diaries to be somewhat grounded in reality. However, if I had to pick I would go with either becoming a parent company or opening a developmental company.<p> </p><p> I guess an argument could be made for a brand split because that is sort of what they had in the 80's. When they ran their house shows they had two, sometimes three touring groups. They would have the A group that would go to the major cities, the B group that would go to the second tier cities and towns, and I have no clue were the C group would tour or who was even on it but I did read that they did have a third touring group.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I understand where you're coming from, I just wanted to try something different and split things up a bit.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="alpha2117" data-cite="alpha2117" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45923" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What I would do i look around to see if there is anyone around you can pick up that would allow for the brand split and then decide. It might make for an interesting challenge. If not then go the other way.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think the brand split is going to be tough. The easiest way would be the developmental company, I strongly believe. But we'll see. I might just take a gander, I've never tried a brand split before.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Nobby_McDonald" data-cite="Nobby_McDonald" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45923" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Rename them to NMW - No McMahons Wrestling.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Now that's funny stuff right there! Actually, if there's any member of the McMahon family I want to see running things (not counting HHH because he's not technically a McMahon) it would have to be Shane. However, Shane McMahon as owner of WWF in 1991? Probably not lol</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>I love playing late 80's - early 90's games because that is what I first started watching. When I play as WWF, the first thing I do is open a developpmental territory, but with some ground rules....</p><p> </p><p>

1: Half my lower card goes there</p><p>

2: I only sign a handful of hot prospects.... So of a group of Dean Malenko, Benoit, Guerrero, Taz, Regal, Jericho, only 3 get signed.</p><p>

3. I schedule my developmental group to run weekly shows to mirror what FCW and NXT does, in addition to the monthly shows.</p><p>

4. Anyone on the main roster who hasn't wrestled the previous 2 weeks will get assigned to developmental the day of the weekly shows. (This way someone like a Koko B Ware has another chance to have a match)</p><p>

5. Title holders will NEVER get called up. If I put Big Boss Man in developmental because of rule 4, and he wins a title that night, I will leave him there until he loses it.</p>

Archived