The All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

Jaysin

On 2/2/2023 at 5:21 PM, The Blonde Bomber said:

Tony should give some else the book for a bit, he's gotta be burnt out considering how much is on his plate. He should do what previous owners have done, have a booker who does a majority of the show and book storylines yourself when you have an idea you think will really draw. Ala, Bill Watts, Eddie Graham, etc.

He wants to be the new Vince.

So watch out, paralegals!

St.T

• Haha 2

Please let Stokely cut more promos. One of my favorite managers in the game.

I really wish AR Fox and Top Flight had won the trios title tho. The Elite have been pretty boring since returning and more annoying than ever. Kenny's match at WK was great obviously, but AEW Elite are dorks. 

- MJF vs Takeshita was great. Takeshita's great at selling.

- Joe on a warparth.

- Bunny vs Hayter was solid until the sloppy ending. Hope Bunny isn't injured. Women in the 1st hour 😮

- Storytime with MJF baybay. That was dark.

- JAS vs Ricky gauntlet match was OK but boring. Jericho lol.

- Rush vs Danielson was great. Enjoyed Danielson breaking out of the trainer's room. Rush's best match in AEW. DB busted open hardway and bleeding on the cameras 😮

- Top Flight & Fox vs The Elite (c) was great. Strong showing from Fox.

- The Polite Handsome Devil HOOK. Salty Stoke.

- The Gunns vs The Acclaimed (c) was good. Crazy ref bump. Didn't mind the title change. It will probably be a short reign.

3 PPV quality matches. Couldn't decide on a MOTN.

On 2/9/2023 at 10:14 PM, Captain Kayfabe said:

I'm not sold on the Gunns as tag champs yet. However I'm not surprised they won, just the way that it happened. I totally thought it was being set up for a Billy Gunn turn, where he would turn on the Acclaimed and cost them the belts.

Scissor Me Daddy Ass surely makes them far too much money to go down that road, right?

On 2/9/2023 at 2:39 PM, Jaysin said:

Saraya and Toni should spraypaint Jade so her skin color matches her skill level.

Now, that's not fair. Heaven knows I'm no fan of how Jade has been booked at the expense of nearly the entirety of the rest of the roster, but her last few matches she's looked very good. Now admittedly, they've been against Red Velvet and Kiera Hogan, who she's worked quite a bit with the past year, so there might be some HHH/ HBK style "I'll sell and work harder for my buddies" deal here, but overall, Jade is finally looking like she's living up to what AEW wants her to be.

57 minutes ago, Matt_Black said:

Now, that's not fair. Heaven knows I'm no fan of how Jade has been booked at the expense of nearly the entirety of the rest of the roster, but her last few matches she's looked very good. Now admittedly, they've been against Red Velvet and Kiera Hogan, who she's worked quite a bit with the past year, so there might be some HHH/ HBK style "I'll sell and work harder for my buddies" deal here, but overall, Jade is finally looking like she's living up to what AEW wants her to be.

It was meant to be humourous, not an actual insult.

55 minutes ago, Mootinie said:

Merchandise is a smaller percentage of WWE's revenue than it is AEW's. And The Fiend was absolutely diabolically awful.

I could bring up how The Fiend was great hampered by terrible booking, but instead I'll point out that AEW's top guy, merch wise, is DANHAUSEN, who hasn't been anywhere near a title and is unlikely to be any time.

- BCC vs Kip, Butcher & Blade was my MOTN. Butcher looks like Iron Sheik now.
- Impractical Jokers segment was mercifully short.
- New beatdown location unlocked.
- Soho vs Shafir was solid. Brawl was fun.
- Mark Briscoe is entertaining.
- Jungle Boy vs Nemeth was an OK squash.
- Cassidy (c) vs Moriarty was good.