The All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

Jaysin

The heel turn for Danielson makes no sense outside of needing a heel to face Hangman.

yea, this is my impression as well. Pretty clear we're going with "Ass kicker vs. Millennial cowboy" here. Work ethic is Bryan's thing now, same thing with Kingston.

I expect he'll be a tweener, which I'm fine with as long as he sticks to the mission statement he has, which is he wants to prove he's the best and doesn't care what people think about it

opinion subject to change if Daniellson actually does something heelish like hit Hangman with a cheap shot or chair lol.

Meltzer gave SuperKliq vs Jurassic Express & Christian five stars. Sure the match was fun, but really? A perfect score?

Kingston vs Punk got a 4.5 and I thought it was the best match on the show. Hangman vs Omega got 5.5 stars, but I think that's more about the epic story they crafted over the last two years instead of the match itself.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46243" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Meltzer gave SuperKliq vs Jurassic Express & Christian five stars. Sure the match was fun, but really? A perfect score?<p> </p><p> Kingston vs Punk got a 4.5 and I thought it was the best match on the show. Hangman vs Omega got 5.5 stars, but I think that's more about the epic story they crafted over the last two years instead of the match itself.</p></div></blockquote><p> It's his opinion. He's always had opinions. Honestly I feel ratings seem mostly intended to get people talking about a match than anything regarding "quality" which isn't really an objective thing to be measured anyway and is always going to be based on somebody's subjective opinion.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="tambourin81" data-cite="tambourin81" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46243" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It's his opinion. He's always had opinions. Honestly I feel ratings seem mostly intended to get people talking about a match than anything regarding "quality" which isn't really an objective thing to be measured anyway and is always going to be based on somebody's subjective opinion.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Obviously. I'm just saying the six man was an odd match to receive a perfect score. It was nowhere near bad or anything, but from a wrestling standpoint, I think Kingston vs Punk was by far the best match on the show. I am not a fan of Dave, but I do seek out any match he gives good ratings to, so I think you're right on the money in that regard.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Matt_Black" data-cite="Matt_Black" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46243" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>My biggest issue with last night's Rampage was Billy kicking out of the Coffin Drop at one? Really? Billy Gunn gets that level of protection? Huh. I like Billy, but that made me raise an eyebrow.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah that bugged the hell out of me. I'm a big Billy fan, but that was BS</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46243" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah that bugged the hell out of me. I'm a big Billy fan, but that was BS</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It reminded me of that match with Awesome Kong in TNA. Since she debuted, they had teased her having a match with a male wrestler, having had stare downs with the likes of Samoa Joe, Abyss, and Booker T. And then, they finally pulled the trigger on it....</p><p> </p><p> In a match with Billy Gunn back in his "evil hair stylist" days. Yes, that was actually a thing that TNA did.</p><p> </p><p> Anyway, she won, BUT she needed the help of both members of the Beautiful People team AND a steel chair. And she was the face, mind you. It didn't make her look any better, and protecting Billy was really not necessary, as no one watching was clamoring for a Billy Gunn main event push.</p>

It's his opinion. He's always had opinions. Honestly I feel ratings seem mostly intended to get people talking about a match than anything regarding "quality" which isn't really an objective thing to be measured anyway and is always going to be based on somebody's subjective opinion.

Honestly, there was a time before time, when he took this very, very seriously. Since twitter though, he's just trolled by WWE fans to the point that he lives the meme. A shame from a historical context. But that rating system exposed me to a ton of wrestling I never would have watched otherwise.

The promo battle was incredible. 20 minutes went by and I didn't even notice.

Rosa vs Hayter was pretty good, it looks like Hayter is close to being done with DMD.

The main event was fun. These guys are great pro wrestlers.

Punk match was kinda meh. Bryan's was okay, and he knocked a couple teeth out of Colt lmao

The Billy Gunn match looks straight out of Dark. I used it as my water break.

Fun Dynamite this evening.

That opening segment with MJF and Punk was brilliant. Twenty minutes flew by. I didn't realize how much time had lapsed.

I know QT is on the creative team and a lead producer, but there is no reason Punk and him should have a 10+ minute match. I like QT, but this should have been a glorified squash. Props to Punk for letting QT get so much in, but just seemed so unnecessary.

I wish Kingston was going after a bigger name, but the thought of Garcia and Eddie tearing the house down has me all giddy. Should be a lot of fun.

I like the Gunn Club and think Austin has a lot of potential and Colten is improving, but Darby and Sting should be feuding with bigger names. I'm almost always going to pay attention if Billy is involved in a segment, but the Gunn Club just seems below Darby and Sting. Unless six man titles are on the horizon and they're trying to elevate Gunn Club for a tournament entry.

Dante signing with Team Taz was a good segment. Not lighting the world on fire, but adds another talented guy to Taz's roster. Dante is a very poor talker and I thought him and Lio were a good pair. I have a feeling Dante's brother Darius will end up teaming with Lio.

Rosa vs Hayter was one of Jamie's better outings since joining AEW. Seems awfully soon to tease her breaking off from Team DMD though.

Jericho sticking up for Kingston was a lot of fun. I'd be more than okay with Kingston, Jericho, and Hager teaming up against 2point0 and Daniel Garcia. It's a really fun idea on paper.

Bryan thankfully kicked Colt's ass. I'm a Colt fan, but like I said about the Punk match, Bryan should be on another level. I'm looking forward to quite a few of the potential Dark Order vs Bryan matches though. Especially Alan Angels and John Silver.

I bet it's Bryan vs Hangman at Battle of the Belts. Also, it's awesome AEW got the rights to the Battle of the Belts name. Nice throwback.

The main event was a lot of fun, but it feels like Tully vs Arn and Cody vs the fans have more heat than any other part of the match. Andrade wearing real gear is a huge improvement. I like the Black Mask(DC Comics) look, but not for in ring stuff. It's weird that Andrade were cooperating so much before the PPV, then at the PPV they were bickering and having miscommunications, and now they're back to being on the same page. Such a weird dynamic. Huge fan of everyone involved though and it was a fun match.

Rampage looks like fun.

- The MJF/Punk mic battle was one of the best segments of the year. I lost it at the UFC, Miz, Cena, Baker and Tony' daughter lines.

- Punk vs QT was solid.

- Good promo from Christian. Kingston/Garcia/2.0 in catering was fun.

- Gunn Club vs Bear Country was OK. Darby is a human cannonball.

- Dante NO! I didn't see that coming.

- Hayter vs Rosa was my MOTN.

- 2.0 annoying everyone lol. #Justice4Riho

- Colt vs Danielson was good. Fickle! Fun stuff between Hangman and Danielson.

- I think Soho will beat Stat but I'm not 100% sure.

- Black, FTR & Andrade vs Death Triangle & Cody was great. The belt bit would have been funny if it hadn't almost hit Aubrey.

So Kingston and Punk got a quick build to one match? And now they are off doing other things? If MJF doesn't go over Punk it's criminal.

I doubt MJF goes over clean, but I think he will win somehow. That or Punk wins by DQ.

It's criminal that we only got one Kingston/Punk match though. I've rewatched that one so many times and it still gives me goosebumps. It was damn near perfection.

Hopefully they meet again down the line for higher stakes.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Blodyxe" data-cite="Blodyxe" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46243" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Liked the promo battle between MJF and Punk, but it's a shame MJF can't talk about the most obvious issue Punk has right now. <p> </p><p> He's out of shape and Tony Khan is too scared to tell him about it.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's what most 43-year-old men with an active lifestyle look like when they don't live at the gym, pounding dozens of unregulated supplements or speedballing testosterone and HGH.</p>

<p>Jim Ross won't be on Dynamite again until at least the last show of the year.</p><p> </p><p>

I'm lowkey hoping Taz fills in for him so we can enjoy Taz and Excalibur live every week.</p><p> </p><p>

Also more than okay with Ricky Starks, Eddie Kingston, CM Punk, or Chris Jericho filling in or even a revolving door of fill in commentators. </p><p> </p><p>

Actually, Lio Rush would probably do a great job too.</p>