Chaos On The Clarke! [Starship Mafia 1] Game Thread

Rayelek

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="bak42" data-cite="bak42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've said this before and I'll say it again. If I don't have anything to add, I'm not going to post. I wil not post extraneous fluff just to inflate my post count, lest someone accuse me of being scum for doing that. Oh wait, I'm being accused of being scum because I'm <strong>not</strong> doing that. Apparently I can't win.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I hear you on this one, when I don't post enough people assume I am scum for not posting enough. When I post a lot people accuse me of adding nothing of substance to the game. I cannot win either.</p>

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<p>DJ if you want to play the role of Torquemada, I think it is only fair that you answer bak's excellent question here...</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="bak42" data-cite="bak42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You want me to ask a question, fine. What were you up to last night?</div></blockquote>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="bak42" data-cite="bak42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> I've said this before and I'll say it again. If I don't have anything to add, I'm not going to post. I wil not post extraneous fluff just to inflate my post count, lest someone accuse me of being scum for doing that. Oh wait, I'm being accused of being scum because I'm <strong>not</strong> doing that. Apparently I can't win.</p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think it's just baffling to some that when there are over 500 posts, some people are finding it hard to come up with something to comment on. </p><p> </p><p> Almost like you don't know what to say to better blend in......</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BHK1978" data-cite="BHK1978" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>@Imarevenant</strong> How do you feel about Archer's answers and how do you feel overall about him?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Here is his only relevant post</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Archer" data-cite="The Archer" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>emark better than day 1.<p> two, ep worse</p><p> shoot lukes</p><p> falling into the same things always do claim too easy. no lynch. rely on roles</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's fine but nothing really. Hopefully there's more in the future.</p><p> </p><p> But here is the thing. I'm less concerned with scum hiding by being quiet. That will take care of itself. I'm far more concerned with those that can lead us around by the nose and pick us off while smiling in our faces. That's who I want to find.</p><p> </p><p> Just look at both Centralia and Sunset mafia to see what happens when they try and play the quiet game. In both games the town did not play very well. In Sunset they were just a straight up disaster to be quite honest.</p><p> </p><p> And yet town won both games. Why? </p><p> </p><p> Because too many of the scum played the quiet game and eventually when attention flowed their way they had nothing of substance to show for themselves.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="bak42" data-cite="bak42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Annoyingly, if editing was allowed I could have fixed it with one little "]".<p> </p><p> I've said this before and I'll say it again. If I don't have anything to add, I'm not going to post. I wil not post extraneous fluff just to inflate my post count, lest someone accuse me of being scum for doing that. Oh wait, I'm being accused of being scum because I'm <strong>not</strong> doing that. Apparently I can't win.</p><p> </p><p> You want me to ask a question, fine. What were you up to last night?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You can't play in fear, especially as town. You actually have good reads, but you never share early. </p><p> </p><p> I go out at night, although I don't have to. If you want specifics, I will let you know when the time comes. I have never seen this spinoff of a role before, definitely never played it before. I had typed out a bunch of hints here...but then I realized I won't get the reaction from scum I am hoping for so, hopefully you enjoyed this much.</p><p> </p><p> How about you, what were you up to last night?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BHK1978" data-cite="BHK1978" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>DJ if you want to play the role of Torquemada, I think it is only fair that you answer bak's excellent question here...</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I did as soon as I read it... the threads actually moving and I'm having to go back a few posts to catch back up. I'm fine with questions.</p>

But here is the thing. I'm less concerned with scum hiding by being quiet. That will take care of itself. I'm far more concerned with those that can lead us around by the nose and pick us off while smiling in our faces. That's who I want to find.

See but that was how I felt about Opulent 1.0 and yes if I am being honest 2.0 as well (Throw DJ into the mix). But the moment I brought it up (Meaning how good he was at blending and how I am iffy about him doing it again) you said you did not think that was the case.

I was obviously wrong about Opulent 1.0 (Well I think I was, still not sure what to make of his arrest/death scene. If he was truly reformed why would he pull a knife?) but I still get very iffy of people who try to lead the town. Especially when then done so in the past only to end up being scum.

How do you feel about the two of them right now?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BHK1978" data-cite="BHK1978" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>See but that was how I felt about Opulent 1.0 and yes if I am being honest 2.0 as well (Throw DJ into the mix). But the moment I brought it up (Meaning how good he was at blending and how I am iffy about him doing it again) you said you did not think that was the case.<p> </p><p> I was obviously wrong about Opulent 1.0 (Well I think I was, still not sure what to make of his arrest/death scene. If he was truly reformed why would he pull a knife?) but I still get very iffy of people who try to lead the town. Especially when then done so in the past only to end up being scum.</p><p> </p><p> How do you feel about the two of them right now?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> My running theory on that (although I am not 100%), is that he could be recruited by scum if targeted, otherwise would have stayed a part of the crew (unless obviously arrested). So, that's my thoughts on that role. I think it was a very thought out role to be honest, if that's the case.</p>

Guest Opulent
<p>Didn't get back to my laptop until much later than I thought. Ended up going for a round of golf. Adding my thoughts in red:</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="djthefunkchris" data-cite="djthefunkchris" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hmm.. Going to take you up on that. Let's see if we can piece a few things together. Here are my thoughts on the ones I've already listed since that time.<p> </p><p> Leion-Still mostly agreeing with people, and defending on even the smallest of things (that no one really expected him to defend himself on).</p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#8B0000;">Agreed for the most part. I liked his response to the pressure tbh</span></p><p> </p><p> The Two-After complaining about the town in his game being inactive and not thinking, comes in this game mostly inactive, and not thinking.. with lots of fluff.</p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#8B0000;">Don't like his activity level to contribution ratio as far as actively pressuring others goes. Unfortunately this "Idk what you want from me I</span></p><p><span style="color:#8B0000;"> ll figure out the game when theres 8 people left" mentality seems to be contagious. Scum lean</span></p><p> </p><p> Bluestar-up in the air, awaiting whatever he has to say after catching up. His thoughts on T2 although misinformation, is curious.</p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#8B0000;">Don't really have a read here. Seems to always be checking in from behind and not offering much. Could be scum hiding while we pick each other apart. </span></p><p> </p><p> BHK1978-Here is the thing with BHK. He has a way of being active without really being active. He is throwing up how others were in past games without really giving his reads on this game... It's more like "Dj has been known to talk 300 times more than Opulent, and not say anything more.. town or not. I'm not saying he can't be scum, just that there isn't anything unusual in his play style at the moment.</p><p> </p><p> Later, he does state how he is getting worried about them now that they are still being inactive (Bak for example). So.. smaller worry on him ATM.</p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#8B0000;">BHK, in his own wonderful, makes himself impossible to read. While that is good for him, it is sadly not the best for town as a unit. Going to need more from him but not ready to push him just yet.</span></p><p> </p><p> Michgcs-Unless I go back and dig it up, I can't really remember anything he said. The fact he did say he wouldn't be active for a few days gives him a bit of leeway.</p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#8B0000;">Pretty much the same category as Bluestar imo.</span></p><p> </p><p> The Archer-two posts.</p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#8B0000;">Speaks for itself</span></p><p> </p><p> Moon lit tears-Was on The Two's lynch, made me feel better, but jumped to Archer... Not sure what to think about that.</p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#8B0000;">I assume you mean wagon not lynch. Seems to be a lot of people jumping to the low hanging fruit of Archer. Something I'm keen to look back on.</span></p><p> </p><p> Teh Showtime-He is good at looking Townie when scum (see last game). This game looks more scummy, but at least hasn't gave a bogus claim yet. (that I seen). Some of the scummy things is not voting on who he throws shade on. Makes me think he is purposely trying to help lynch without getting his hands dirty.</p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#8B0000;">While agreed on the thread play analysis, his claim is very bold. Unless scum were handed fake claims, or the driver is a traitor, then I'm willing to give him time. </span></p><p> </p><p> Overall scummiest to me ATM: Teh Showtime and The Two</p><p> Then Leion, MLT and BHK. </p><p> Don't really have much on Archer or Michgs for lack of posts.</p><p> </p><p> also, Lukes most likely scum. </p><p> </p><p> Thoughts?</p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#8B0000;">Of the names here I would go:</span></p><p><span style="color:#8B0000;"> The Two</span></p><p><span style="color:#8B0000;"> BHK</span></p><p><span style="color:#8B0000;"> Lukess </span></p><p><span style="color:#8B0000;"> Leion </span></p><p><span style="color:#8B0000;"> Michgs </span></p><p><span style="color:#8B0000;"> MLT</span></p><p><span style="color:#8B0000;"> Archer</span></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#FF0000;"><strong>Vote: The Two</strong></span> for the time being. I've seen Archer check in when I started this so I'm intrigued how he's reading the push on him.</p>

Guest Opulent
Heh, BHK's last post shading the people trying the most makes me feel better about my list tbh. Funny how that happens.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BHK1978" data-cite="BHK1978" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>See but that was how I felt about Opulent 1.0 and yes if I am being honest 2.0 as well (Throw DJ into the mix). But the moment I brought it up (Meaning how good he was at blending and how I am iffy about him doing it again) you said you did not think that was the case.<p> </p><p> I was obviously wrong about Opulent 1.0 (Well I think I was, still not sure what to make of his arrest/death scene. If he was truly reformed why would he pull a knife?) but I still get very iffy of people who try to lead the town. Especially when <strong>they have</strong> done so in the past, only to end up being scum.</p><p> </p><p> How do you feel about the two of them right now?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> EBWOP</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="djthefunkchris" data-cite="djthefunkchris" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>My running theory on that (although I am not 100%), is that he could be recruited by scum if targeted, otherwise would have stayed a part of the crew (unless obviously arrested). So, that's my thoughts on that role. I think it was a very thought out role to be honest, if that's the case.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I saw that and I think that is very plausible. </p><p> </p><p> Though if it is true it would probably wreck my theory of TBP being able to recruit as the SK (if he was the SK). Mainly because I highly doubt that there would be a game this small where both the Scum and the SK could recruit.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Opulent" data-cite="Opulent" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Didn't get back to my laptop until much later than I thought. Ended up going for a round of golf. Adding my thoughts in red:<p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#FF0000;"><strong>Vote: The Two</strong></span> for the time being. I've seen Archer check in when I started this so I'm intrigued how he's reading the push on him.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks, I was waiting to see if anyone else would jump on the wagon, despite the claim (ala Gonvick), but it didn't happen so.. going to give it a little bit more time I suppose, since I'm wide awake still (although I am drinking coffee).</p><p> </p><p> There is a new circumstance I'm working at, but they don't seem like they want to play.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Opulent" data-cite="Opulent" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Heh, BHK's last post shading the people trying the most makes me feel better about my list tbh. Funny how that happens.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Nope not trying to shade, I am flat out saying that you made the town look foolish once and you played the exact same way. Therefore, I am always going to be cautious about you.</p><p> </p><p> Yes it is a paranoid way of playing, but that is the way I view things.</p><p> </p><p> I could ask you how you feel about the push on Archer right now? You have spoken about it before but I would not mind your insight on it. Do you buy the whole, "I forgot the game was going on", line?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BHK1978" data-cite="BHK1978" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>EBWOP<p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> I saw that and I think that is very plausible. </p><p> </p><p> Though if it is true it would probably wreck my theory of TBP being able to recruit as the SK (if he was the SK). Mainly because I highly doubt that there would be a game this small where both the Scum and the SK could recruit.</p></div></blockquote>Key words: Individual Aligned. I don't think there would have been a change up with that, honestly.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BHK1978" data-cite="BHK1978" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Nope not trying to shade, I am flat out saying that you made the town look foolish once and you played the exact same way. Therefore, I am always going to be cautious about you.<p> </p><p> Yes it is a paranoid way of playing, but that is the way I view things.</p><p> </p><p> I could ask you how you feel about the push on Archer right now? You have spoken about it before but I would not mind your insight on it. Do you buy the whole, "I forgot the game was going on", line?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's wrong of you to use being fooled by Opulent against me.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BHK1978" data-cite="BHK1978" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> Though if it is true it would probably wreck my theory of TBP being able to recruit as the SK (if he was the SK). Mainly because I highly doubt that there would be a game this small where both the Scum and the SK could recruit.</p></div></blockquote><p> How was he gonna recruit as a Revenant, though? By turning other people into zombies?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="michgcs" data-cite="michgcs" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How was he gonna recruit as a Revenant, though? By turning other people into zombies?</div></blockquote><p> Although to add to my post, I noticed that the only one listening to the young man's speech N0 had a silver voice (similar to TBP's) so I'm not sure if that's related or merely flavor. Or maybe I'm color blind. Probably a moot point but just throwing it out there.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="djthefunkchris" data-cite="djthefunkchris" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It's wrong of you to use being fooled by Opulent against me.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No because going by memory you play the same way regardless of alignment. I do not specifically recall you ever leading the town down the garden path, so to speak, but I am not going to blindly trust you. I am going to not trust pretty much anyone who tries to lead out of the gate.</p><p> </p><p> Oddly enough I actually agree with both the T2 and Archer pushes and I am just deciding which one to vote on. I could see reasons for both but I am not strongly against either at this moment.</p>

Guest Opulent
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BHK1978" data-cite="BHK1978" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Nope not trying to shade, I am flat out saying that you made the town look foolish once and you played the exact same way. Therefore, I am always going to be cautious about you.<p> </p><p> Yes it is a paranoid way of playing, but that is the way I view things.</p><p> </p><p> I could ask you how you feel about the push on Archer right now? You have spoken about it before but I would not mind your insight on it. Do you buy the whole, "I forgot the game was going on", line?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Fair, but I notice you let previous games come into play too often. It's fine for D1 but this should be the part of the game where you try to make reads on the game at hand or else its just a game of reputation.</p><p> </p><p> Also, in the game you referenced I was SK which is different than if I were scum. As SK, you have to town-side in thread and scum hunt in order to gain cred. </p><p> </p><p> As for Archer, I think activity is not alignment indicative for anyone. He could be scum but if he's playing that way it's lame for all parties and he'll be caught eventually. I feel like a lot of people are just defaulting to him because others said it or its an easy mislynch. Very high risk low reward in my books.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="michgcs" data-cite="michgcs" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How was he gonna recruit as a Revenant, though? By turning other people into zombies?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That was my running theory yes. I remember back when I thought of running a game that was an idea I had. Mine was a Vampire cult but it is similar enough to what I was thinking about in this game.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Opulent" data-cite="Opulent" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Fair, but I notice you let previous games come into play too often. It's fine for D1 but this should be the part of the game where you try to make reads on the game at hand or else its just a game of reputation.<p> </p><p> Also, in the game you referenced I was SK which is different than if I were scum. As SK, you have to town-side in thread and scum hunt in order to gain cred. </p><p> </p><p> As for Archer, I think activity is not alignment indicative for anyone. He could be scum but if he's playing that way it's lame for all parties and he'll be caught eventually. I feel like a lot of people are just defaulting to him because others said it or its an easy mislynch. Very high risk low reward in my books.</p></div></blockquote><p> IMO if Archer wasn't gonna be around anyway then it's not really that high a risk, unless he's got a power role (which was gonna be wasted if he didn't use it, too).</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Opulent" data-cite="Opulent" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>As for Archer, I think activity is not alignment indicative for anyone</strong>. He could be scum but if he's playing that way it's lame for all parties and he'll be caught eventually. I feel like a lot of people are just defaulting to him because others said it or its an easy mislynch. Very high risk low reward in my books.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I agree with this, more often than not it is usually just a Townie being inactive. Take this from someone who calls out Jaded for being scum every game and being wrong about it the vast majority of the time. </p><p> </p><p> This is why I am on the fence with him (Archer).</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BHK1978" data-cite="BHK1978" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That was my running theory yes. I remember back when I thought of running a game that was an idea I had. Mine was a Vampire cult but it is similar enough to what I was thinking about in this game.</div></blockquote><p> It'd be an interesting twist but like dj said the numbers wouldn't add up here, we'd get slaughtered in a heartbeat. </p><p> </p><p> Anyway, sorry if you answered, but care to share your answers to dj's questions? Or maybe your own? </p><p> </p><p> Do you go out at night? </p><p> </p><p> Town or scum?</p><p> </p><p> Male or female? </p><p> </p><p> Does robo-Destiny turning into a mafia-playing machine make you believe that miracles can happen?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BHK1978" data-cite="BHK1978" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That was my running theory yes. I remember back when I thought of running a game that was an idea I had. Mine was a Vampire cult but it is similar enough to what I was thinking about in this game.</div></blockquote><p> Honestly, outside of the alignment, I find nothing wrong with it. This game was based of a werewolf game anyways, and you can insert vamps, zombies, whatever, same idea or principle. I just would have thought his alignment would have been Imarevenant.... or Revenant I should say.</p>

Archived