Chaos On The Clarke! [Starship Mafia 1] Game Thread

Rayelek

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Leion" data-cite="Leion" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How about DJ and TSS, they seem to be leading the charge for the town, same as Opulent. Any thoughts?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> if i were a betting man. id guess one of them are not town.</p>

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="moon_lit_tears" data-cite="moon_lit_tears" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So if we were at phase end and your vote would cause a lynch, who would it be on? <p> </p><p> I’m pretty sure everyone has checked in so far so you have a slight tingle about everyone I’d hope.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> depending on developments i may vote you. i wanna see where rev is going.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Two" data-cite="The Two" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>1. A colossal fuster cluck.<p> 2. Game of this size, I'd estimate four. Give or take. </p><p> 3. Archer is shifty AF. Luke never does himself any favours with his nippy defensiveness. Neither are on my Christmas card list. </p><p> 4. One or two. I've been waiting for a "gotta do something" pile on in these final hours, half of whom would be scum. </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> I definitely think it's notable that a lot of people have been taking <em>about</em> me, but very few of them have had anything to say <em>to</em> me.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well, after all that has happened, anybody you feel should take your place as the lynch, or should be the focus on day 3, at least.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Leion" data-cite="Leion" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>it was fairly easy to find, tbh, makes me wonder why you didn't do it yourself.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I’m on the phone so it’s easier if I just have to scroll down an inch.</p><p> </p><p> 1. Better about dj because I’m always skeptical to start with him. Worse on archer because of his answers.</p><p> </p><p> 2. Archer. Really shady so far.</p><p> 3. I’m worried about this game becoming like the last one</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Too Sweet Spartan" data-cite="Too Sweet Spartan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Interesting, we both seem to be on the same page. How confident do you feel about MLT? I'll give her a closer look.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> She's who popped out as scum to me. But it's day 2, we don't have any voting history to speak of really. So as confident as The Two voters I guess.</p><p> </p><p> I'm always wary of those pushing for low posters really in games. Its a safe mislynch push where you actually have plausible deniability. That and the lack of conviction in heart decisions just point me to her.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Leion" data-cite="Leion" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Well, after all that has happened, anybody you feel should take your place as the lynch, or should be the focus on day 3, at least.</div></blockquote><p> It's tough to distinguish between what's scummy and what's just bad townie play. BHK's non-committal vote-and-go looks bad to me. I think Rev has a valid point with MLT, I said earlier something about her doesn't sit right with me. Archer and Luke are both shifty and untrustworthy. I'm not sold on you yet either, no offence.</p><p> </p><p> Showtime's claim is too ballsy to be fake, but his play still feels scummy to me. It's throwing me off. I believe him, but everything he does is a red flag.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Two" data-cite="The Two" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It's tough to distinguish between what's scummy and what's just bad townie play. BHK's non-committal vote-and-go looks bad to me. I think Rev has a valid point with MLT, I said earlier something about her doesn't sit right with me. Archer and Luke are both shifty and untrustworthy. I'm not sold on you yet either, no offence.<p> </p><p> Showtime's claim is too ballsy to be fake, but his play still feels scummy to me. It's throwing me off. I believe him, but everything he does is a red flag.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I have a theory about him where he isn't telling the whole truth on his role. I don't know whether I believe my theory or his claim more.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Eliphas" data-cite="Eliphas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What time does the phase end?</div></blockquote><p> I think there's 2:15 hours remaining.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Two" data-cite="The Two" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It's tough to distinguish between what's scummy and what's just bad townie play. BHK's non-committal vote-and-go looks bad to me. I think Rev has a valid point with MLT, I said earlier something about her doesn't sit right with me. Archer and Luke are both shifty and untrustworthy. I'm not sold on you yet either, no offence.<p> </p><p> Showtime's claim is too ballsy to be fake, but his play still feels scummy to me. It's throwing me off. I believe him, but everything he does is a red flag.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well, tbh, your recent answers are making me feel a little bit better about you. We pretty much have the same list of potential scum, minus me of course. </p><p> </p><p> In fact, if everybody keeps on suggesting it, we might do something about it now. </p><p> </p><p> Change vote: Moon_lit_tears</p><p> </p><p> Showtime is still a ? to me, he said I was being hostile when I answered Opulent v.1's questions last phase, now he was answering in a similar tone just a few pages back, the only reason why I am holding back is because of the claim. but that could always be a lie, or at least not the whole truth.</p>

Guest Eliphas
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Two" data-cite="The Two" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think there's 2:15 hours remaining.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thank you. I wish I knew everyone's play styles better.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Leion" data-cite="Leion" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Well, tbh, your recent answers are making me feel a little bit better about you. We pretty much have the same list of potential scum, minus me of course. <p> </p><p> In fact, if everybody keeps on suggesting it, we might do something about it now. </p><p> </p><p> Change vote: Moon_lit_tears</p><p> </p><p> Showtime is still a ? to me, he said I was being hostile when I answered Opulent v.1's questions last phase, now he was answering in a similar tone just a few pages back, the only reason why I am holding back is because of the claim. but that could always be a lie, or at least not the whole truth.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">Change vote: Moon_lit_tears</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> I could have sworn I had done this right.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Two" data-cite="The Two" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It's tough to distinguish between what's scummy and what's just bad townie play. BHK's non-committal vote-and-go looks bad to me. I think Rev has a valid point with MLT, I said earlier something about her doesn't sit right with me. Archer and Luke are both shifty and untrustworthy. I'm not sold on you yet either, no offence.<p> </p><p> Showtime's claim is too ballsy to be fake, but his play still feels scummy to me. It's throwing me off. I believe him, but everything he does is a red flag.</p></div></blockquote>If the role is You are the "insert ship driver" and "are scum aligned blah blah", I would be surprised... but it would make sense. Funny how you post something like this, and it's so close to my own thoughts... You wait until after I re-vote on you. Pressure, no matter whom it's on, can be a good thing after all. I believe this is probably the closest thing to a real thought/read on this game you have gave to be honest.... and I like it.<p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="i effin rule" data-cite="i effin rule" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Scum typically aren't going to start or finish a bandwagon, instead they try to hide in the middle to "add pressure". With the amount of people we currently have, I'd say look in the 3 to 7 range. 3 is the magic number when you typically see scum jumping on.<p> </p><p> This is if the lynchee is town, if scum then it is a different situation.</p></div></blockquote><p> /nod. You should wait on that though, if you're really trying to find scum, correct?</p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Imarevenant" data-cite="Imarevenant" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>/nod<p> </p><p> </p><p> So my fiery friend, do you think people are willfully ignoring you or just forgetful?</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Anyway,</p><p> </p><p> To answer part of those 3 questions that are floating around out there.</p><p> </p><p> I feel much better about The Two today than yesterday or even earlier in the day.</p><p> </p><p> I think looking at the pilers on for this wagon is the way to go. </p><p> </p><p> And for me MLT is the right choice.</p></div></blockquote><p> Thanks. What made you feel so much better about The Two, and what is it about MLT that makes you so sure? </p><p> </p><p> I just looked at all of her posts, and I must be missing something, is why I ask.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Leion" data-cite="Leion" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Well, tbh, your recent answers are making me feel a little bit better about you. We pretty much have the same list of potential scum, minus me of course. <p> </p><p> In fact, if everybody keeps on suggesting it, we might do something about it now. </p><p> </p><p> Change vote: Moon_lit_tears</p><p> </p><p> Showtime is still a ? to me, he said I was being hostile when I answered Opulent v.1's questions last phase, now he was answering in a similar tone just a few pages back, the only reason why I am holding back is because of the claim. but that could always be a lie, or at least not the whole truth.</p></div></blockquote><p> Yeah, but let's do it properly. </p><p> <strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">Change Vote: Moon_lit_tears </span></strong></p><p> </p><p> Showtime is a ballsy player. It could be possible he's trying to lure the REAL captain into outing himself. Now, where did I leave my tinfoil hat... </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Eliphas" data-cite="Eliphas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thank you. I wish I knew everyone's play styles better.</div></blockquote><p> You'll pick them up with time.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Eliphas" data-cite="Eliphas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thank you. I wish I knew everyone's play styles better.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well, it is always helpful to have fresh eyes on the game, since you aren't familiar with everyone yet, any impressions or thoughts about the people that are being considered for the lynch?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="djthefunkchris" data-cite="djthefunkchris" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> /nod. You should wait on that though, if you're really trying to find scum, correct?</p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Not necessarily. I think you have to pay attention to votes as they happen. I would be very surprised if neither Leion or Lukess are scum. I lean mostly towards the latter.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="djthefunkchris" data-cite="djthefunkchris" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If the role is You are the "insert ship driver" and "are scum aligned blah blah", I would be surprised... but it would make sense. Funny how you post something like this, and it's so close to my own thoughts... You wait until after I re-vote on you. Pressure, no matter whom it's on, can be a good thing after all. I believe this is probably the closest thing to a real thought/read on this game you have gave to be honest.... and I like it.</div></blockquote><p> Maybe if I hadn't had to spend the whole day defending myself, it would have happened sooner.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="i effin rule" data-cite="i effin rule" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Not necessarily. I think you have to pay attention to votes as they happen. I would be very surprised if neither Leion or Lukess are scum. I lean mostly towards the latter.</div></blockquote><p> What about MLT (as far as being scum). Do you see what is bothering IER so much about her?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="djthefunkchris" data-cite="djthefunkchris" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What about MLT (as far as being scum). Do you see what is bothering REV so much about her?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> fixed</p>

Guest Opulent
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="i effin rule" data-cite="i effin rule" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Scum typically aren't going to start or finish a bandwagon, instead they try to hide in the middle to "add pressure". With the amount of people we currently have, I'd say look in the 3 to 7 range. 3 is the magic number when you typically see scum jumping on.<p> </p><p> This is if the lynchee is town, if scum then it is a different situation.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> And what are your statistics on people who don't place a vote or offer their own suggestions and critique from the sideline?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="i effin rule" data-cite="i effin rule" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Not necessarily. I think you have to pay attention to votes as they happen. I would be very surprised if neither Leion or Lukess are scum. I lean mostly towards the latter.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Why do you think I am scum?</p>

Guest Eliphas
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Leion" data-cite="Leion" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Well, it is always helpful to have fresh eyes on the game, since you aren't familiar with everyone yet, any impressions or thoughts about the people that are being considered for the lynch?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well, I think The Archer is aggressive and a little abrasive. But I am not sure that is AI there are all kinds of playstyles I am finding. That coupled with his absence seems to make him a lazy choice for a lynch, no offence. </p><p> </p><p> The Two not entirely sure why he became a target for lynching in the first place, but his refusal to claim comes off as a little hard headed. I am not advocating doing it with 2 votes on you, but if you don't when you are at L-1 is bad town if that is in fact what you are. He was never pushed to that so it is a moot point.</p><p> </p><p> Teh_Showtime I can understand why he was receiving votes. Not a fan of his play style. And the claim at 2 votes is just bad no matter which alignment. </p><p> </p><p> moon_lit_tears seems a to want to press on the proposed lynch targets. Doesn't seem to matter which one. I get shady vibes from her.</p>

<p><strong>It is now Day Phase Two. With 20 people remaining, its 11 to lynch. You have until 17:00 GMT (12:00 EST) Wednesday April 10, to reach a majority decision. If no majority is reached the day will end in a no lynch.</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

You are free to continue to post.</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Archer - 4</strong> (Emark, Zergon, moon_lit_tears, lukess11)</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Two - 4</strong> (djthefunkchris, Opulent, BHK1978, The Archer)</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>moon_lit_tears - 3</strong> (Imarevenant, Leion, The Two)</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>No Vote - 9</strong> (Too Sweet Spartan, Destiny, bak42, I effin rule, Eternal Phoenix, Bluestar, Michgcs, Teh_Showtime, Eliphas)</p><p> </p><p>

Good morning town. Just under 2 hours left in the phase, for those who don't want to do time zone math. Let me know if I goofed up on anything, I did this count a little quick.</p>

Archived