Chaos On The Clarke! [Starship Mafia 1] Game Thread

Rayelek

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's not defensive. But I don't think the regular players here realize that this game appears very cliquey. There has been self appointed town core that has basically taken the thread and is pushing the direction of it. And most of you are perfectly willing to allow this to happen. Why that is I don't know. I chalk it up as that's just the way things are done here.

I just asked a question to moon lit tears. I would like them to answer it. Without someone answering it for them or any interjections from anyone else. I am playing this game too. What I ask may not gel with someone else's theory or follow the town consensus, but it is my right to ask. If there is thought that it isn't then maybe I can understand some things that have taken place already in this game.

I think you are misunderstanding a lot of the interactions here, if we were blindly following, someone should have gotten lynched already. But by the end of the last day phase, there was almost a 3-way split with 4 votes each. I don't see it as people willing it to happen, most likely people letting it happen, because, let's be honest, a good chunk have been relatively quiet to begin with. People like DJ and TNS just post more frequently, so I guess I can see why you think they are pushing their own agenda, but to me, it just boils down to them being the most visible. I don't really get why you think the game is a bit cliquey, 2 out of the 3 town leaders you seem to point to just started playing here 3 games before I did. A lot of us are relatively new here. Others are just coming back after years away. But I do encourage you to post your own thoughts though, don't get to worked up about what other people think your theories are, you may never know, one of them probably is scum and is just messing with you.

On this point because it's not the first time you have mentioned it. Wasn't that going both ways?

I was clowning, so yeah, big difference in my eyes. Especially when I was saying I want to push, but not too hard. Nothing I posted was personal.

It was his post about not wanting to play the game if he knew I was here that really got to me. That's personal.

Today's payday so I'm buying it. I'll let you know, I guess.

Thanks!

Eli and EP. Based purely off the last hour. I still think mlt, lukess, and Leion include one scum.

what happened to lukess by the way? I don't remember him posting this phase.

I like this question. For me, I'm assuming 5 person team. Nothing to back that up but last game I underestimated so I'd rather overestimate this time to be safe:

1. Archer

2. Mich

3. Bak

4. Eliphas or Blue

5. Leion? EP? I don't have much of an idea.

At this point, this is where I'm at if I had to guess full team right now.

Hmmm, you can leave my name out of it buddy. But a good list.

I think you are misunderstanding a lot of the interactions here, if we were blindly following, someone should have gotten lynched already. But by the end of the last day phase, there was almost a 3-way split with 4 votes each. I don't see it as people willing it to happen, most likely people letting it happen, because, let's be honest, a good chunk have been relatively quiet to begin with. People like DJ and TNS just post more frequently, so I guess I can see why you think they are pushing their own agenda, but to me, it just boils down to them being the most visible. I don't really get why you think the game is a bit cliquey, 2 out of the 3 town leaders you seem to point to just started playing here 3 games before I did. A lot of us are relatively new here. Others are just coming back after years away. But I do encourage you to post your own thoughts though, don't get to worked up about what other people think your theories are, you may never know, one of them probably is scum and is just messing with you.

I did have a bad moment on Day 2 where I though DJ and Opulent v2 were scum buddies working together. But that was a paranoid, crazy thought and EP doesn't listen to those.

People like DJ and TNS just post more frequently, so I guess I can see why you think they are pushing their own agenda, but to me, it just boils down to them being the most visible.

Yeah. Talking a lot doesn't equal right. Honestly, I talk a lot but usually I'm at my best when I'm examining reads made by others when they make good points.

Hmmm, you can leave my name out of it buddy. But a good list.

Woo, gained a buddy! :D

I don't think that's the intention, DJ is a good guy. I think you're both just following separate leads. But don't feel like your questions are any less valid or important than his, mine, or anyone else's. They're good questions, but they just kind of came out of nowhere which is why I think they got the reaction they did.

And for the record: Scum or not, I do think you're playing well this game. If you are being coached, it is coming off more natural than it should. And if you aren't, you're picking up things pretty quickly. So props.

At this rate, I feel he might not be scum, his reactions are more organic that scripted to be honest, if we are basing it off of coaching, Zergon would prove the more likely candidate out of the two new guys. Since his answers are calmer than Eliphas. I do like he is thinking on his own, and not just agreeing with everybody.

I'm willing to do an experiment that involves lynching me... And I mean going through with it. I've got enough stuff and interaction (more than everyone) that after I flip town, the rest of the town should be able to figure out the rest of the scum team.

There was been quite a few people throwing shade my way, I would look into them, etc. You all know what to do. I win if the town can pull it through. At least this way everyone knows for sure I was town the whole time.

Also, note to any new players: Normally people like myself, Opulent, and TSS now, would probably be number one on investigators lists. I'm pretty confident they are town as well, or else they would have been outed by now... unless everyone only checked on me. Either way, the interaction, not necessarily the abilities, is what is probably going to win this game as well.

So if you think this is a good idea, let's do this!!

Vote: djthefunkchris

Reasoning? Because I offer a differing view to the accepted consensus?

Your posts just read scummy to me. I feel like you are pushing very hard to keep Archer off the block. You're also trying to discredit anyone who suggests he may be scum. Additionally you've gone hard into defensive mode.

Your posts just read scummy to me. I feel like you are pushing very hard to keep Archer off the block. You're also trying to discredit anyone who suggests he may be scum. Additionally you've gone hard into defensive mode.

He's saying the same exact thing as Archer, only he's really nice about it is the difference. Yep, you got a hold on this.

I did have a bad moment on Day 2 where I though DJ and Opulent v2 were scum buddies working together. But that was a paranoid, crazy thought and EP doesn't listen to those.

Possible, Opulent seems to have dropped off the face of the earth for now. Feels like his role is important though, he did sub in just as quickly as he died, most likely Ray panicking that one of his roles was going to waste. Similar to what happened in Centralia with Rev's precious SK.

Oh wait, Opulent was the one that replaced into that game as well. Don't mind me. Will set down my tin foil hat now. It just got too meta even for me.

At this rate, I feel he might not be scum, his reactions are more organic that scripted to be honest, if we are basing it off of coaching, Zergon would prove the more likely candidate out of the two new guys. Since his answers are calmer than Eliphas. I do like he is thinking on his own, and not just agreeing with everybody.

...I could see that. It's tough being treated as scum when you're new, especially if you aren't and don't have any help to prove it. Maybe that's just been what is happening with Eliphas.

And I see DJ has gone insane. Well can't say I saw that coming.

I'm willing to do an experiment that involves lynching me... And I mean going through with it. I've got enough stuff and interaction (more than everyone) that after I flip town, the rest of the town should be able to figure out the rest of the scum team.

There was been quite a few people throwing shade my way, I would look into them, etc. You all know what to do. I win if the town can pull it through. At least this way everyone knows for sure I was town the whole time.

Also, note to any new players: Normally people like myself, Opulent, and TSS now, would probably be number one on investigators lists. I'm pretty confident they are town as well, or else they would have been outed by now... unless everyone only checked on me. Either way, the interaction, not necessarily the abilities, is what is probably going to win this game as well.

So if you think this is a good idea, let's do this!!

Ah, someone broke DJ, where is robo-doc when you need one.

Oh, also:

I grilled him around the beginning of the phase with questions but he kind of disappeared when Archer started getting aggressive. I think he popped in another time or two since then but not sure.

Well, that doesn't exactly helps his case.

Guest Eliphas
So, if your opinion is optimistic, is it me you think should be lynched?

I don't know yet. I would like to ask you more questions about your ability, but I don't want to compromise your role.

Ah, someone broke DJ, where is robo-doc when you need one.

Well, that doesn't exactly helps his case.

I left for a while because I didn’t want to get into another fight. He was getting me angry so I stepped away for a while. I posted some last night.

I don't know yet. I would like to ask you more questions about your ability, but I don't want to compromise your role.

The best way to learn is to be wrong.

let's do this!!

Trust me, if you're town you will know right away who was leading whom, when I flip.;)Crew Aligned

Guest Eliphas
I was clowning, so yeah, big difference in my eyes. Especially when I was saying I want to push, but not too hard. Nothing I posted was personal.

It was his post about not wanting to play the game if he knew I was here that really got to me. That's personal.

Are you sure he was talking about you when he said that?

lol yall are so -ev

i have asked questions only to be refused answers to. i have answered the questions put to me. my biggest sin is that i questioned the self proclaimed god himself. i didnt have time for this when i was asked to play. and i wouldnt have played if certain people would have been in this game. you want me to be active, but yet wouldnt be able to handle me if i played all in.

if you want to continue listening to self proclaimed one then go ahead. i hope one day im half as good as you think you are dj.

I don't know for sure because I don't know either of you, but that says he wouldn't have played if certain people were in this game, not if he would have known you were in this game he wouldn't have played.

Are you sure you aren't making this more about you than it actually is?

He appears to have an issue with you. Are you the only one?

Guest Eliphas

And clowning or not, he was obviously agitated in the thread. The correct thing to do would have been to let it die down, not poke at him more. Just my $0.02.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Eliphas" data-cite="Eliphas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Are you sure he was talking about you when he said that?<p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> I don't know for sure because I don't know either of you, but that says he wouldn't have played if certain people were in this game, not if he would have known you were in this game he wouldn't have played. </p><p> Are you sure you aren't making this more about you than it actually is?</p><p> He appears to have an issue with you. Are you the only one?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Please, lol.</p>

Archived