Chaos On The Clarke! [Starship Mafia 1] Game Thread

Rayelek

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Don’t really have much else besides what’s been laid out on the table but it’s probably time we finally got Lukess out of here right? Pretty much everyone seems in agreement on him and he hasn’t done anything to shake the speculation in a positive way.<p> </p><p> Ugh screw it <strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">Vote: lukess11</span></strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="djthefunkchris" data-cite="djthefunkchris" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Why is everyone trying to lynch the people I tagged, but then say "Don't push the button!"</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think that's a probable lead... (and I'm saying to push the button).</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">Vote: lukess11</span></strong></p>

<p>Well, seems like we are going with lukess this phase, I would like to join the wagon but not yet.</p><p> </p><p>

For those that might be wondering, I didn't get anything last night, it could either be two things, one, I was obviously blocked, or two, the person I targeted couldn't be reached. Still trying to decide on which.</p><p> </p><p>

Also, I don't buy, Mich's claim of reverting back to town, if he did, he wouldn't disappear after that one post, or at least address if he was able to use his ability or not.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Leion" data-cite="Leion" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Well, seems like we are going with lukess this phase, I would like to join the wagon but not yet.<p> </p><p> For those that might be wondering, I didn't get anything last night, it could either be two things, one, I was obviously blocked, or two, the person I targeted couldn't be reached. Still trying to decide on which.</p><p> </p><p> Also, I don't buy, Mich's claim of reverting back to town, if he did, he wouldn't disappear after that one post, or at least address if he was able to use his ability or not.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> He's in a tough spot and I give him credit for continuing to play to his new win condition and not give up. Will he become the recruiter now though? Something to ponder.</p>

<p>Happy Easter everyone.</p><p> </p><p>

While I'll admit to having a town-lean on Lukess, I'm not solid of that belief. I just didn't think it was a smart idea for us to use the 3 kill shot on a person that I was thinking was more likely to turn up town than scum.</p><p> </p><p>

So, while I'm cautious about this path, I don't hate it. And truthfully, maybe it is better to target some LHF before risking a lynch on a more active player who could be truly helpful if town like DJ (whose claim I do believe).</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lukess11" data-cite="lukess11" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I see people are voting me. I am going to be gone for a while as I will be celebrating Easter most of the day. I’m not avoiding your questions. I’m going to be unable to post.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm not going to be available much of today either unfortunately.</p><p> </p><p> But the more I'm thinking about it and trying to make sense of things, the more I think that maybe you ARE the right direction for today. Especially without us lynching mafia last day phase.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lukess11" data-cite="lukess11" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I see people are voting me. I am going to be gone for a while as I will be celebrating Easter most of the day. I’m not avoiding your questions. I’m going to be unable to post.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> In the time it took to post this you could have said something to alleviate suspicions. Typical stalling tactic and something you pulled last time I found you as scum as well.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Destiny" data-cite="Destiny" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>In the time it took to post this you could have said something to alleviate suspicions. Typical stalling tactic and something you pulled last time I found you as scum as well.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It’s a holiday. I’m with family now and am quickly posting from my phone.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lukess11" data-cite="lukess11" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It’s a holiday. I’m with family now and am quickly posting from my phone.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Again you’re taking time to defend your non defense. See the problem?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="moon_lit_tears" data-cite="moon_lit_tears" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Again you’re taking time to defend your non defense. See the problem?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This. Yet you're also taking the time to point out how scummy he is without dropping a vote?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Destiny" data-cite="Destiny" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This. Yet you're also taking the time to point out how scummy he is without dropping a vote?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> What´s the hurry this time? Just last day we took time before voting Bak in situation which was clearer than this and now you want a quick lynch? Why?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Destiny" data-cite="Destiny" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This. Yet you're also taking the time to point out how scummy he is without dropping a vote?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Indeed. As we have plenty of time. </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> See I’m here I’ll be around long before phase ends I’d like to hear from others as well.</p>

<p>That's essentially where I'm at with Lukess. Town-lean or not, it's kind of "put up or shut up" time because we need a red lynch this day phase and even I'll admit he has had his scummy moments. But, with it being Easter (and us getting the extra day in the day phase), I don't really feel the need to be particularly pushy at the moment. I understand people valuing the holiday over the game.</p><p> </p><p>

That being said, and knowing we're waiting on Lukess' response either today or tomorrow, I think we should discuss other potential paths to go as well. </p><p> </p><p>

Because if the Lukess push runs dry, the only other person I feel like people would be willing to lynch is Mich (since he's probably still cult despite his claim). But that will not be helpful to us in the long term, at least not as helpful as actually flipping a mafia this day phase. Let's not get caught in the same situation as last day phase where we didn't give ourselves multiple vote options until it was too late to.</p><p> </p><p>

So I'm thinking it'd be helpful for us all to list 3 people we think could be scum at this point and why. </p><p> </p><p>

Since I'm suggesting it, I'll supply my list as well.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>1) DJ - </strong><strong><em>Can we PLEASE talk about DJ?</em></strong></p><p> </p><p>

Tried to channel my inner EP there.</p><p> </p><p>

I've stated my case previously, can state it again if people want to hear it. I suggested it too late last day phase for us to do anything and I feel it being swept away again now with the Lukess push. But DJ isn't playing like himself. Super confident on incorrect reads like Archer. Truthfully, if he is on the fence he'll say it. If he's confident, then typically DJ is usually right about the read. I've played a game where he pretty much had 3/4ths of the team figured out before people even realized he was in the game (when we were masons together). People are allowed off games but this is really far play from what I'm accustomed to with DJ. </p><p> </p><p>

And the lack of others really strongly pushing out against it makes me feel like either:</p><p> </p><p>

A) I've gone crazy.</p><p>

or </p><p>

B) There's co-conspirators in the mix.</p><p> </p><p>

Besides that: him not reading his role pm fully/correctly (which reads like a distraction play to me that took up most our day phase). And overall playing a much more passive game (which I feel like he set up by being wrong against Archer). It isn't the type of play I've ever seen playing with DJ which makes me think he is scum this time. </p><p> </p><p>

And I hope people are giving this read the time of day. Because I'm growing more and more certain of it.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>2) Destiny -</strong></p><p> </p><p>

No connection to all previous people who flipped is really weird to me. But overall what nags me about Destiny is what I've heard others already state. Just to echo those thoughts, Destiny has the power/ability to step up as a town leader independent of his role or ability. I feel like he hasn't taken that opportunity and I feel like it's because he's trying to hide in the shadows.</p><p> </p><p>

Also... this game has had a ton of power roles. And most of us left have one too, I believe. So to claim vanilla feels off to me and I don't trust it.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>3) Bluestar -</strong></p><p> </p><p>

I'm on the fence about this one but it's mostly based off of our conversation last day phase. Showtime alluded to what I was thinking, that I felt like the game mechanics were being questioned once it felt like we finally were actually figuring them out. And it just felt weird/off and a bit out of nowhere.</p><p> </p><p>

But I'm not sure about this one. Maybe Blue thought he actually found something big and was trying to point it out. I don't think I'd be 100% comfortable going this direction this day phase, truthfully. But I still think he's showing signs of scumminess to me.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Zergon" data-cite="Zergon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>While I´m sure this is just another "Hey, I´m newbie" opinion, I have to admit thatI do disagree with this statement. Why? Simply because I know scum is reading this as well and I don´t like the idea of doing the recon for them by giving them information that ain´t required to be given. <p> </p><p> Now that said, I do understand were you coming from and maybe with more experience I would start seeing things your way but at the moment, this is how I feel about giving information when not requested.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> I have given my reads (or lack of them) already and as said, I´m not comfortable giving lot away but that said, I see enough people admitting that they have night ability so I´m comfortable to give this away: </p><p> </p><p> So yes, I can go out at night and it´s active ability.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm not talking about him claiming or giving us his role, just any reads, thoughts, whatever. Something more than just than a check in or response to someone calling him scum</p>

<p>And to call myself out on it before anyone else tries to:</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Too Sweet Spartan" data-cite="Too Sweet Spartan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So, while I'm cautious about this path, I don't hate it. And truthfully, maybe it is better to target some LHF before risking a lynch on a more active player who could be truly helpful if town like DJ (whose claim I do believe).</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I can believe the claim and still think he could be scum. I could see an arsonist being aligned with mafia. Meant to explain that as well in my read.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Imarevenant" data-cite="Imarevenant" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm not talking about him claiming or giving us his role, just any reads, thoughts, whatever. Something more than just than a check in or response to someone calling him scum</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'll throw a +1 in for this. It's important to be actively pushing on others, not just defending yourself. Personally, I'd forgive a wrong read more than I would someone not throwing reads/thoughts out there at all.</p>

<p>Sorry I haven't been on much, becoming cult basically coincided with a vacation to Taiwan. Am back now but it's 12am Monday so not gonna be on for much longer. I do understand the skepticism and there's no way for me to prove it but basically with bak gone the mutiny's all but dissolved and I'm back to being my blue self.</p><p> </p><p>

I can provide a list of targets but if I don't say anything that just means that I got a town/loyal result.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="michgcs" data-cite="michgcs" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I can provide a list of targets but if I don't say anything that just means that I got a town/loyal result.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It could help, I think it'd make sense to share.</p><p> </p><p> Also: What do you think of my 3 potential scum list? And who would be on your 3 potential scum list?</p><p> </p><p> As pretty much one of the few people straight up confirmed not to be mafia, I think your reads will hold a lot of weight in where we decide to go today.</p>

He's confirmed not to be Mafia but do you really think he's now back to being town? As for your opinions on me, I'll admit I've been in the background too much but now I've put all my cards on the table and I'm ready to step up. How about you?

<p>1) Destiny - reasons already stated. </p><p> </p><p>

2) Showtime - clain came with stuck little pressure it had me worried. OMGUSing me when I dated being his name up. Just haven't been on the same page as him on much. Sure that's not a 87% indicator of alignment but it could with the other things causes a huge issue for me.</p><p> </p><p>

3) DJ/TSS - I have felt for quite a while that one of them is scum this game. I lean toward it being DJ as he seems less laser focused this game. The being wrong about Archer read feals like a cop out too.TSS also seems too be playing up the Too Nice Spartan moniker as well which seems ingenuine. Kill them with kindness I guess</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Destiny" data-cite="Destiny" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>He's confirmed not to be Mafia but do you really think he's now back to being town? </div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Nah, I think he is still cult. But if he's a cult member willing to work with town and be truthful about his reads, I think it's worthwhile to keep him around for now. We'll have to lynch cult eventually but he's not our top threat at the moment, especially if he can't recruit.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Destiny" data-cite="Destiny" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>As for your opinions on me, I'll admit I've been in the background too much but now I've put all my cards on the table and I'm ready to step up. How about you? </div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I can respect that, I was too passive too. But hell yeah, I'm here and ready to go. These are the day phases we have to make count if we want to turn this game around. If you're on board and ready to start pushing people then let's do it. Who would you say are your 3 most scummy people at the moment?</p>

Archived