we're in the Endgame now ;)

Epivepiv

A lot of people are down on Disney as an entertainment conglomerate, but they're the only one who have put together a decent Marvel movie (excluding animated movies and the first 2 Raimi Spidey's). I look forward to the day when Kevin Feige has all the characters under one roof with no restrictions.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46584" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>He can still be featured in non-solo movies just like Hulk</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Still have contracts to work out like they did with Hulk.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RingRider" data-cite="RingRider" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46584" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>A lot of people are down on Disney as an entertainment conglomerate, but they're the only one who have put together a decent Marvel movie (excluding animated movies and the first 2 Raimi Spidey's). I look forward to the day when Kevin Feige has all the characters under one roof with no restrictions.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> And rightfully so, if that steaming pile of crap that was The Last Jedi. People should be down on Disney.</p><p> </p><p> As far as Marvel movies that were produced outside of the Disney umbrella, I would say Logan, the two Spider-Man movies you mentioned, the original Blade (Wesley Snipes was awesome in that movie), the two Deadpool movies, and some of the X-Men movies were all pretty good. Sure there were some really bad Spider-Man movies, Blade Trinity (I honestly do not recall Blade II at all) and some really bad X-Men movies. </p><p> </p><p> For the most part a lot of the Marvel movies that were made out of the MCU have been good. I heard the new X-Men movie is going to be bad but I will wait to see before I pass judgement.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Tha Black Phenom" data-cite="Tha Black Phenom" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46584" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div> I do wish Captain Marvel was a bit further developed and the last fight lasted a bit longer but overall it delivered.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I mean there is not much you can really do with her. Her character is overpowered and Brie Larson lacks a personality or at least her personality does not translate well on screen (I think she is ill fitted for the role).</p>

<p>I haven't seem the Captain Marvel movie, and now I'm curious because based on what I saw in Endgame she did seem overly powerful and lacking in personallity/humanity/charm. Which is odd for Marvel. Thor and Hulk are both massively powerful, but are so charming and flawed (even pre Ragnarok). I assumed I'm missing something. </p><p> </p><p>

I also really need to catch up on Black Panther, and Ant Man 2. Paul Rudd was a delight, and I want to see more Wasp.</p>

I haven't seem the Captain Marvel movie, and now I'm curious because based on what I saw in Endgame she did seem overly powerful and lacking in personallity/humanity/charm. Which is odd for Marvel. Thor and Hulk are both massively powerful, but are so charming and flawed (even pre Ragnarok). I assumed I'm missing something.

I also really need to catch up on Black Panther, and Ant Man 2. Paul Rudd was a delight, and I want to see more Wasp.

Brie Larson actually filmed Endgame first then Captain Marvel and has said that during the filming of Captain Marvel she really began to understand the character better. I personally feel she was much better in her solo movie. She seemed to have a bit more personality.

As for Endgame vs Infinity War? I loved Infinity War and liked Endgame. Two different movies and my preference was just for Infinity War. I had issues with Endgames consistencies until I thought about some stuff differently and it made it not such an issue to me. I'd have to watch it again with my theories in mind and see if I enjoy it more. I have Infinity War a 10 and Endgame an 8.

More excited about the prospect of Doom done right myself. Of any villain in marvel he's the one that can follow up and surpass Thanos. Galactus is too one-note to me. Doom can be involved all over the mcu though. He's fits in the mystical type films, political, and the more technological/scientific realms as well.

Galactus could be a good villain for 1 Phase while Doom could carry things for multiple phases as there is much much more to his character.

I could see a phase revolving around Doom trying to harness the Power Cosmic and bringing the attention of the Surfer and Galactus to earth. Or Doom getting involved with Black Panther, with Wakanda and Latveria being away odds. His connection to Mephisto and training in dark magic lend himself to some Dr Strange dealings as well.

Just so much more there than "I want to eat your planet" lol

Yep, I agree with all of that. I was just saying a big swirling gas is not Galactus.... I want to see the big fork helmet and giant being come into our solar system as it should be...

Doom is THE villain of choice for all kinds of different areas of interest. He can fit just about anywhere against anyone.

I swear people think I am being a contrarian when I say this but I truly felt the movie was just okay. I felt that Infinity War was the far better movie.

Now do not get me wrong I enjoyed End Game, there were parts I really enjoyed, but it was not the end all to be all that most are making it out to be. It is nowhere near the best superhero movie ever made either.

I guess to an extent maybe my preference for DC characters might be coloring my opinion, but I do not think that is the case (There have been a ton of bad DC movies). As there have been other Marvel movies I have found to be better.

I think part of it is that the cast is too big, though I do think they did a good job in dividing out the screen time. People are complaining that Thor, Iron Man, and Captain America got the most screen time but to me that is how it should be due to the fact that for the past decade they have been the driving forces behind the MCU.

Off topic, I personally would love to see a Moon Knight movie. Though I am not sure he is popular enough to carry a movie. Maybe a television series.

I put it in the top five (probably number 5) of Marvel movies. I have others in front of it... but you have to realize it is one of the most important movies going forward and looking back. They have these Phases, but this is like a chapter closing I feel.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="djthefunkchris" data-cite="djthefunkchris" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46584" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>They have these Phases, but this is like a chapter closing I feel.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That is pretty much known as most of the main characters have not renewed their contracts to play these characters further. From here on out Captain Marvel is going to be the face of the overall movies. </p><p> </p><p> I do wonder though, if Marvel/Disney would ever consider recasting some of their characters like DC has done. Batman has been played by so many different people now I have lost count (not really, I could easily look it up).</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BHK1978" data-cite="BHK1978" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46584" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That is pretty much known as most of the main characters have not renewed their contracts to play these characters further. From here on out Captain Marvel is going to be the face of the overall movies. <p> </p><p> I do wonder though, if Marvel/Disney would ever consider recasting some of their characters like DC has done. Batman has been played by so many different people now I have lost count (not really, I could easily look it up).</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think moving forward they're going to be recasting hero personas, but not the same characters.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>SPOILER:</strong></p><p> <span style="color:#FFFFFF;">For instance, what they did with Captain America being Sam Wilson. I doubt we'll see another Steve Rogers Captain America.</span></p><p> </p><p> This is, of course, barring Edward Norton/Mark Ruffalo and Terrance Howard/Don Cheadle situations.</p><p> </p><p> EDIT: Hid something spoilery in case someone hasn't seen it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BHK1978" data-cite="BHK1978" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46584" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> I mean there is not much you can really do with her. Her character is overpowered and Brie Larson lacks a personality or at least her personality does not translate well on screen (I think she is ill fitted for the role).</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Even personality aside, I thought she could still have had a bit more inclusion within the story, not really a spoiler but <span style="color:#FFFFFF;"> they went with a big damn heroine approach, which was fine I guess. Not really a spoiler either, but I'd have liked them to have her search frantically for Nick Fury, or another minor segway a bit more tangible than what we saw "yeah let's kick his ass *arms folded*".</span></p><p> </p><p> Brie Larson does appear bland but she's not a two-bit actress either, I'm sure giving her something to work with wouldn't be problematic and would help do her supposedly OP character justice.</p><p> </p><p> I also read about them filming her Endgame scenes before Cpt Marvel, and I thought... well, I'm not the one to critique how these amazing producers have overall directed those MCU movies for over 10 years, perhaps time constraints came in the way or what have you, but if they could've avoided this circumstance I'm sure she'd probably have been better presented.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BHK1978" data-cite="BHK1978" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46584" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That is pretty much known as most of the main characters have not renewed their contracts to play these characters further. From here on out Captain Marvel is going to be the face of the overall movies. </div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't know about that. I'm sure they'd like her to be, but they have to know how bad they are at writing and including female characters. The reason the all-female power-shot fell so flat with me was the it highlighted just how secondary the women are, and Captain Marvel's lack of inclusion in this movie felt like an extension of that. Marvel's marketing team may be all about diversity and inclusion, but I don't think it plays into the creative team's comfort zones. It seems to take great effort, while they can write scenes for white dudes named Chris with ease.</p><p> </p><p> I don't see Marvel changing much going forward. Black Panther II. Spider-Man II. Guardians III. Captain Marvel II. All the Disney+ shows they've announced. Just keep rolling it out. I'll watch the major ones. Meaning anything with Thor.</p>

<p>I definitely see Black Panther and Spiderman being the face of the MCU moving forward. </p><p> </p><p>

Don't know about you but when everyone showed up at the end Spiderman got the biggest reaction from the theater in was in and it wasn't really close. </p><p> </p><p>

Spidey has always been Marvel's most popular character which is why he was so important to get back for them and why Sony wasnt going to just get bought out of their contract.</p><p> </p><p>

I still haven't seen the Captain Marvel movie, which is crazy as her and Mar-Vell have always been my favorite characters from marvel in the first place. I will admit she was a bit distant in the movie, but seeing her kick ass in endgame was perfect. I know it's trendy to say she poses a power problem in MCU but my guess is they keep her based more in the cosmic stories where she belongs. There, the likes of Adam Warlock, Silver Surfer, Sentry or even Nova and Terrax will put her power in proper context. </p><p> </p><p>

Lol, Sentry would really get people whining about overpowered characters</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Self" data-cite="Self" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46584" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't know about that. I'm sure they'd like her to be, but they have to know how bad they are at writing and including female characters. The reason the all-female power-shot fell so flat with me was the it highlighted just how secondary the women are, and Captain Marvel's lack of inclusion in this movie felt like an extension of that. Marvel's marketing team may be all about diversity and inclusion, but I don't think it plays into the creative team's comfort zones. It seems to take great effort, while they can write scenes for white dudes named Chris with ease.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This movie was not really about the female cast (well besides Black Widow, who I felt did deserve a bigger role. Even though she did have a lesser role her role was very impactful. Also, Karen Gillan was great in her role as well.) or even some of the later characters in the MCU (like the GOG and Spider-Man). This movie was more about wrapping up the "big" three's (Captain America, Iron Man, Thor) stories. Therefore, it made perfect sense that they would be the focus of the movies. </p><p> </p><p> I would not have been mad if they found a way to include Peggy Carter into the movie more (if they found a way for it to work, I love that character) or Okoye (Because come on she is played by Danai Gurira and Danai kicks all sorts of ass. But obviously we have no idea of knowing if Danai could contractually be in the movie more due to her work on the Walking Dead. She might not have had the time to film more.). Perhaps they can do it in the future.</p><p> </p><p> As a fan, I probably would have been annoyed if Captain Marvel came in and all of a sudden became the lead of the movie (She is at best a second tier character in the comics. After all, her book has been cancelled what like ten times in the past two years.). Mainly because this movie was meant to wrap up the previous ten years worth of movies, movies which she had nothing to do with. </p><p> </p><p> I think the reason why the whole "girl power, yes queen slay" thing fell flat was because people saw it for what it was. It was Marvel's way for them to earn progressive points. I don't know how it was for everyone else but when I went to see the movie there were just as many women in the audience groaning over that scene as there were men. Because the scene felt forced.</p><p> </p><p> I mean they all ended up at the same place at the exact same time? What are the chances? Granted it is fiction so there is a lot of leeway here, but still it just felt forced.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Imarevenant" data-cite="Imarevenant" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46584" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I definitely see Black Panther and Spiderman being the face of the MCU moving forward. <p> </p><p> Don't know about you but when everyone showed up at the end Spiderman got the biggest reaction from the theater in was in and it wasn't really close. </p><p> </p><p> Spidey has always been Marvel's most popular character which is why he was so important to get back for them and why Sony wasnt going to just get bought out of their contract.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Sipder-Man is beyond a shadow of a doubt their number one character (Though I am thinking that Wolverine might not be that far behind bub). I for one am not a fan of this current actor playing Spidey.</p><p> </p><p> Maybe it is a casting thing for me. For instance Grant Gustin is the Flash to me, I would much rather have him play the character in the movies. The same goes for Tobey Maguire. To me his is Spider-Man, I find Tom Holland's version to be very annoying and whiny. Though I do think Tom's version is a step-up from Andrew Garfield's version. </p><p> </p><p> But that is just a matter of taste on my part. A good portion of Doctor Who fans will state, almost as if it is fact, that Tom Baker is the best Doctor Who. I personally think Patrick Troughton is the best followed closely by Jon Pertwee and David Tennant. Once again nobody is wrong in that argument; just a matter of differing opinions.</p>

I don't know about that. I'm sure they'd like her to be, but they have to know how bad they are at writing and including female characters. The reason the all-female power-shot fell so flat with me was the it highlighted just how secondary the women are, and Captain Marvel's lack of inclusion in this movie felt like an extension of that.

Captain Marvel didn't see much screentime because the movie was all about the original Avengers and seeing their story off. Giving a character we only first saw a month ago centerpiece in an epic storyline told over 11 years would have been way off. They did the right thing there - though in hindsight, they should perhaps even have held her off untill the next phase.

You don't think Marvel does the female characters justice? Uhm... Black Widow, Nebula and Gamorra in the last two movies haven't been given great arcs in your opinion? Agree to disagree, I guess.

I think the reason why the whole "girl power, yes queen slay" thing fell flat was because people saw it for what it was. It was Marvel's way for them to earn progressive points.

I agree. Worst part of the movie for me. And not because I dislike the female characters at all; a certain female character's showdown with Thanos was one of my favorite moments in the big battle. And there were other big moments for me in the movie involving females that I won't go spoilery on here.

Heck, I actually enjoyed Captain Marvel a lot as well - even though I agree with those criticizing the way the character is portrayed.

Was Endgame better than Infinity War for me? Not sure. There were some things I would have liked to see go down differently and some things I was disappointed that we didn't get to see, which I had expected to see. But it's certainly one of their best movies.

As for the future of the MCU, I'll admit to being a bit concerned. I just don't feel that B-list characters like Black Widow, Shang Chi and The Eternals will be able to fill the void. And while I love Tom Holland's portrayal of both Spider-Man and Peter Parker, Homecoming was a huge disappointment for me. So I dare not get my hopes too high for Far From Home.

Captain Marvel didn't see much screentime because the movie was all about the original Avengers and seeing their story off. Giving a character we only first saw a month ago centerpiece in an epic storyline told over 11 years would have been way off. They did the right thing there - though in hindsight, they should perhaps even have held her off untill the next phase.

Absolutely. This movie should have been about the originals, and it was. This movie wasn't the issue. The 21 movies that came before were.

You don't think Marvel does the female characters justice? Uhm... Black Widow, Nebula and Gamorra in the last two movies haven't been given great arcs in your opinion? Agree to disagree, I guess.

That's three compared to... how many men?

I'll definitely agree with you about Nebula and Gamorra. Wonderful characters integral to the MCU, and absolutely the best thing in Guardians 2. To the point where I wish that movie was more about them and less about Starlord. I suppose given their prominence in Infinity War and EndGame, their story has now been mostly told, but I love their relationship. It's a shame they're always fighting for screen-time in the ensemble movies.

Black Widow? I haven't see much of an arc for her. I remember her being awesome in Winter Soldier, then kind of... around. She hasn't had her inner life explored.

I'm not really complaining. The classic Marvel characters really work for me. It's just Marvel's girl-power moment feels like WWE's. Acting like they're ahead of the times when they're at least a decade behind, playing catch-up.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Self" data-cite="Self" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46584" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Acting like they're ahead of the times when they're at least a decade behind, playing catch-up.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This sort of thing just irritates me. It's part of the reason people are so angry when they're schooled about ethics, when it's coming from a companies that aren't exactly exemplary. It's like preaching to the choir.</p>