American Puroesu? (Help and Ideas please)

Forgive me Father, for I have sinned.

There are basic rules of balance in the world of wrestling, and I have broken one of the first ones. Puroesu outside of Japan.

Not only that, I have brought it to the USA, and I either created the most interesting scenario, or the worst case possible for me, because I dont know if its going to work.

For Context, the company is the Hawaian promotion Lethal Ring, who's owner is the retired Pistol Pete Hall, that after retiring from wrestling for the second time in 2015, has started his own company with the money he could get, and a large grant from the Hawaiian Department of Culture and Tourism to help them get set-up as the board wanted to help revitalise the long-stagnant wrestling industry that used to be quite big in the area, Pete Hall has decided to join BCG and PGHW in the fight against MJM, but instead of staying in the crowded japanese scene, where is difficult to find investment, he decided to take his company to the heart of Western Style Wrestling and kill it from inside, L-Ring doesnt have its default product, instead he has the preset Traditional Puroesu Product, that I take as King's Road Puroesu, while the modern puroesu is the Strong Style puroesu, also I went all out and made it a touring company, its like i took a japanese company and took it to america.

But I dont know if its even feasable to do, look we will survive a long time, we have 5,000,000 dollars, so even if all our shows flop we can stay in business a long time, but what I ask you, is what do you think about this concept, and to give me ideas of what can i do to make it succesful, and also talk how to book a small touring company as the only touring companies I have seen are regional or National, so I want to know how to book it correctly how many shows per week, how large should my roster be and mostly how to make it succesful, I would like to have asked a minimized version of this thread on the Puro Thread, but that thread has been dead for 3 years.

My Roster (I could have gotten a better roster for the style but I wanted to kind of roleplay as what would probaly Hall and Fumihiro Ota my user character would choose as a starting roster):

Arthur Umaga: Brought him to be part of my Samoan Stable as I dont think the american public would react nicely to the way Japan always books americans as the heel, in the big monster gaijin stable, and he is related to Rhino Umaga so he got the job easily.

Avalanche Takano: Japanese Excursionist, he will be in the US for 2 years so my logic was that the Excursionists would actually prefer a company closer to what they have home, to have the experience to actually be valuable for a Japanese company.

Fumihiro Ota: Ota had a falling out with Anderson and Guru, after returning to the company, as they did not want him to be the mat technician he was in his first run, but wanted him to be another flippy guy like the rest of the roster of CZCW, so when Hall offered him the book he jumped ship to L-Ring.

Gidayu Katou: He Could work in america and was japanese he is a rookie so he is a Young Lion and has to pay his dues.

Joji Hyobanshi (JOJI): A man that was never given a second chance in Japan, is sad that he had to come all the way to america to work in a Japanese Style company.

Katoh Freak: Japanese Excursionist, he will be in the US for 2 years so my logic was that the Excursionists would actually prefer a company closer to what they have home, to have the experience to actually be valuable for a Japanese company.

Konosuke Hama (Evil Spirit Unmasked): Unemployed Japanese Guy that could work in america, the Evil Spirit gimmick was to corny and unrealistic to be in a puro company as he didnt have a excuse as Ota and Dee to keep the mask, and it was to outlandish to be kept and in his biograpy says he wrestled unmasked from 2003 to 2006, and he was never contracted anyeher either way, so I played it like if he was asked to unmask for a potential job he would do it as his mask was only to get the attention of a promotion and not something actually important for him.

Little Dragon:Japanese Excursionist, he will be in the US for 2 years so my logic was that the Excursionists would actually prefer a company closer to what they have home, to have the experience to actually be valuable for a Japanese company.

Naozane Goto: A show of good faith and solidarity from BCG, to send him some help in the form of a prospect, as his size is beneficial in america, and can be booked better as BCG has already a lot of prospects in its roster so he wouldnt stand out, so he was sent to train and then return rady to be a star.

Rhino Umaga: I played it like Hall convinced Samoan Destruction to jump ship from GCG, saying to them that working in america was a better way to get noticed by the big three than working in Japan, as they have no loyalty in japan, they just want to get the best deal they can with a national promotion, and they have more chance to be popular as monster heels in america where people like them is strange to see, than japan where all companies have several workers like them.

Rob Reynolds:

Samoan Machine: I played it like Hall convinced Samoan Destruction to jump ship from GCG, saying to them that working in america was a better way to get noticed by the big three than working in Japan, as they have no loyalty in japan, they just want to get the best deal they can with a national promotion, and they have more chance to be popular as monster heels in america where people like them is strange to see, than japan where all companies have several workers like them.

Shingen Miyazaki: Was convinced to jump ship as he has always been a technician and since GCG turned into MJM, he was relegated to the midcard, and less talented but more charismatic workers took his place in the top of the card, so Hall promised him to make him the star he was always supposed to be in puroesu.

Sozen Ishimori: Money Talks, they simply convinced him to jump ship by offering a lot more money than what he was getting payed in GCG, as L-Ring have deep coffers to outbid the GCG.

Tatsukichi Shichirobei: The WEXXV were swayed to jump ship by not only getting more money than what Ryu could feasably pay them, and by promising them a more safer style of company to wrestle, because even if they fight more times per month than in WEXXV, they have less injury risk as they not only arent destroying their bodies in deathmatches, but also this is Kings Road, not Strong Style so its actually safer, so they ditched crazy man Ryu, and came here for big money.

Toyokuni Strong (Toyokuni Hardcore): The WEXXV were swayed to jump ship by not only getting more money than what Ryu could feasably pay them, and by promising them a more safer style of company to wrestle, because even if they fight more times per month than in WEXXV, they have less injury risk as they not only arent destroying their bodies in deathmatches, but also this is Kings Road, not Strong Style so its actually safer, so they ditched crazy man Ryu, and came here for big money. Toyokuni abandoned any mention of hardcore or deathmatches, so he returned to his former name of Toyokuni Strong, but only in name as he isnt going to be a parody of sam strong anymore, the name just will mean he is very strong.

White Angel (Frankie Dee Masked): Frankie Dee jumped from 4C after a fallout with Troy Winner who wanted to exploit CGC decline by putting all meat on the grill to hope to get some of disfranchised canadian viewers who find NOTBPW boring, and CGC flopping down, so he wanted to ditch the divide between the hardcore division and the rest of the roster, and make all the wrestlers fight hardcore matches, that Dee was promised he would never have to do, so he dropped the 4C title before the divide was ditched and he quit to try to make a career in american and L-Ring to build his technical wrestling, get experience, and light interest in Japan and America even if masked, and he was masked because he wanted a new beggining outside the stigma of 4C, also because if unmasked even as he isnt that popular in america he is somewhat recognisable for his time in canada, so everyone knew he is canadian, and not really japanese, so hall wanted him in his masked gimmick that has never been seen outside of canada, to make him seem as a Japanese wrestler, and not a north american, because Hall wanted to build the ilusion that only japanese wrestlers are able to fight this foreign and imressive style of wrestling, so he decided to keep Dee under the mask to keep the illusion and hope no one recognized him and just thought he was a japanese wrestler.

Zeshin Makioka: The WEXXV were swayed to jump ship by not only getting more money than what Ryu could feasably pay them, and by promising them a more safer style of company to wrestle, because even if they fight more times per month than in WEXXV, they have less injury risk as they not only arent destroying their bodies in deathmatches, but also this is Kings Road, not Strong Style so its actually safer, so they ditched crazy man Ryu, and came here for big money.

<p>First things first, you will bleed money like Jun Kasai bleeds...blood no matter what. You have the 5M advantage, then go ahead and do two or three touring shows instead of just one. However, to minimize losses, you can get a good mic guy and do two matches and a promo per show (I assume you have a 100% match product which actually means you can go down to 85)</p><p> </p><p>

Keep this up until you get some BCG level numbers because I know for a fact they can be profitable with the AI when industry and economy are good - and you are smarter than the AI.</p><p> </p><p>

Broadcasting will be damn near impossible without spillover so don't think about that for a few years. When you start being profitable then maybe think about buying off someone and running two regions instead of one(use the 1 hour thing if need be).</p><p> </p><p>

Then there's the no-brainer stuff:Pete Hall as UC gives you a good free road agent, get only one ref, the cheapest you can find, no announcers, ignore RIPW's big production and keep it simple, don't spam expensive workers for ratings, a small company can afford to get low Ds or even mid Es for most shows. Also for the love of all that's holy don't run tournaments, even a single elimination can kill poor MAW(R.I.P Chord amirite) and a round-robin will make the XFL's "profits" look like Amazon's(then again, if your non-touring shows are profitable then running 15 of them in one month once per year might not be all that bad, but stick to the singles matches[no undercard], and wait a while before the next big show so your attendance isn't hit).</p><p> </p><p>

I think that's about it.</p>

In my upcoming diary, I run a Lucha-resu/Lucha Underground fed, and here are a few tips I picked up:

-Working agreement with SAISHO as soon as you can. Use guys like Takano and Mizayaki to trade for Black Iron Corps. They’re almost guaranteed to sign SUMI and they also tend to pick up Funakoshi and Torii

-Keep an eye on Eisuku Konamatsu. PGHW tends to let him walk and he becomes available after half a year of inactivity. He usually has C- pop by then but that’s a skilled aging main eventer with a strong locker room presence.

-With how many Japanese companies go out of business, when you hit regional, working agreement cult PGHW and WLW. It will stop them from poaching the guys you get from SAISHO.

My idea is that I'm reporting you for the violent abuse of the terms 'puroresu', 'Strong Style', and 'King's Road'

I dont actually know what im talking about, I just wanted to have more of a challenge, and saw a Puroesu challenge, I like to book, I dont know anything about actual japanese wrestling, I didnt want to offend anyone.

Do you know Puroresu just means Pro Wrestling in Japanese right? it's a name of a Style.

I didnt know that..... I dont watch japanese wrestling, I just liKe TEW, thanks for the info, seriously thanks for the info.

Avalance Takano is a guy you can most likely keep beyond the 2 year excursion. I've never had an issue re-signing him after the initial contract. And he's a guy I like to push personally.

Is Arthur Umaga the same guy as Arthur Dexter Bradley? If so, I'd give a hard pass on him, especially if you've hired his relatives. When I hired him in a WLW game, he kept showing up wasted.

First things first, you will bleed money like Jun Kasai bleeds...blood no matter what. You have the 5M advantage, then go ahead and do two or three touring shows instead of just one. However, to minimize losses, you can get a good mic guy and do two matches and a promo per show (I assume you have a 100% match product which actually means you can go down to 85)

Keep this up until you get some BCG level numbers because I know for a fact they can be profitable with the AI when industry and economy are good - and you are smarter than the AI.

Broadcasting will be damn near impossible without spillover so don't think about that for a few years. When you start being profitable then maybe think about buying off someone and running two regions instead of one(use the 1 hour thing if need be).

Then there's the no-brainer stuff:Pete Hall as UC gives you a good free road agent, get only one ref, the cheapest you can find, no announcers, ignore RIPW's big production and keep it simple, don't spam expensive workers for ratings, a small company can afford to get low Ds or even mid Es for most shows. Also for the love of all that's holy don't run tournaments, even a single elimination can kill poor MAW(R.I.P Chord amirite) and a round-robin will make the XFL's "profits" look like Amazon's(then again, if your non-touring shows are profitable then running 15 of them in one month once per year might not be all that bad, but stick to the singles matches[no undercard], and wait a while before the next big show so your attendance isn't hit).

I think that's about it.

In my upcoming diary, I run a Lucha-resu/Lucha Underground fed, and here are a few tips I picked up:

-Working agreement with SAISHO as soon as you can. Use guys like Takano and Mizayaki to trade for Black Iron Corps. They’re almost guaranteed to sign SUMI and they also tend to pick up Funakoshi and Torii

-Keep an eye on Eisuku Konamatsu. PGHW tends to let him walk and he becomes available after half a year of inactivity. He usually has C- pop by then but that’s a skilled aging main eventer with a strong locker room presence.

-With how many Japanese companies go out of business, when you hit regional, working agreement cult PGHW and WLW. It will stop them from poaching the guys you get from SAISHO.

Thanks for all the good ideas guys :)

I dont actually know what im talking about, I just wanted to have more of a challenge, and saw a Puroesu challenge, I like to book, I dont know anything about actual japanese wrestling, I didnt want to offend anyone.

LOL don't worry about that. TEW actually got me into Japanese Wrestling. I knew nothing about it when I started booking PGHW in TEW05. Hopefully it does the same to you. There's a lot of good stuff out there.