New to the game, need some pointers and advice

Hi peeps,

I was an avid EWR player, last week I switched to TEW 2016, I downloaded a recent mod and started playing with AEW. (WWE bores me and I'm not a big fan)

I signed a bunch of wrestlers, all indy wrestlers and most not at all popular (exception is Jon Moxley, Cody Rhodes, Bucks and Omega to an extent).

Expanded my roster quite a bit.

I have a tv show on TNT, monthly PPV's.

However, I'm in dire need of pointers and advice as I'm not understanding certain issues I'm having. (my experience with EWR doesn't help and frankly I don't understand how TEW works concerning these issues)

- In EWR there was an "Over" rating per wrestler, I can't seem to find this in TEW (might it be replaced by the "Popular" rating?)

- How do I gauge the overness of my wrestlers?

- What's the best way to take create a main eventer out of a wrestler that's an opener right now?

- I can't for the life of me get higher than a "C" rating for my tv show, even with awesome workers as Omega, Bucks and Cody Rhodes(!). How do I change this?

- The crowd management is quite difficult, I find. I don't know when to use what type of match as I don't know how the crowd is going to react... some help here would be great (what is the best way to set up the shows?)

- I'm losing popularity in my main region (southeast). How do I grow (quickly?), what will affect my popularity in the regions?

- I like to use storylines, in EWR Sophie would tell me when a storyline was ready to be finished. How do I know in TEW that a storyline is done, over with?

- Does a wrestler's overness grow faster with a storyline?

These are just a couple of questions I can come up with right now. I'm sure there's more as I play along.

Thanks for any help!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46682" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> - In EWR there was an "Over" rating per wrestler, I can't seem to find this in TEW (might it be replaced by the "Popular" rating?)</p><p> - How do I gauge the overness of my wrestlers?</p><p> - What's the best way to take create a main eventer out of a wrestler that's an opener right now?</p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><ol style="list-style-type:decimal;"><li>Yes, this has been replaced by the 'Popularity' rating.<br /></li><li>See above.<br /></li><li> I wouldn't necessarily say there's a best way, but in general look to accentuate what the worker in question is good at (if they're a good promo, give them promo time) and book them in segments with other highly popular workers. Winning a lot helps of course. <br /></li></ol><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46682" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>- I can't for the life of me get higher than a "C" rating for my tv show, even with awesome workers as Omega, Bucks and Cody Rhodes(!). How do I change this?<p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> There could be plenty of reasons, especially since you're a new player. Pay attention to the show feedback at the end of the show, as well as the Dirt Sheet notes that you receive after each match (if you don't know what this is, there should be an option in the User Preferences called 'turn dirt sheet off', turn this <strong>off.</strong> The dirt sheet is one of the tabs in the show phase that allows you to look at all of the penalties and bonuses to a segment's rating, it's very helpful for learning the game. </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46682" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div> - The crowd management is quite difficult, I find. I don't know when to use what type of match as I don't know how the crowd is going to react... some help here would be great (what is the best way to set up the shows?)<p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't know if I can help much with this, I always turn Crowd Management off because I don't really agree with the concept. As a rule of thumb, highs and lows. You want to gradually build up to the main event with increasingly good segments. I don't know a lot else, sorry. </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46682" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>- I'm losing popularity in my main region (southeast). How do I grow (quickly?), what will affect my popularity in the regions?<p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Your pop is determined by your show ratings, if a show rates higher than your pop it will increase, if it rates lower it will decrease. There are a few other scenarios that can affect it but that's the most obvious. </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46682" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>- I like to use storylines, in EWR Sophie would tell me when a storyline was ready to be finished. How do I know in TEW that a storyline is done, over with?<p> - Does a wrestler's overness grow faster with a storyline?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><ol style="list-style-type:decimal;"><li>There is no in-game indication of when a storyline is 'finished', so it's up to your own judgement. End it when you feel there's nothing more to do, when you need to move workers on, etc. <br /></li><li>Not that I know of. <br /></li></ol><p></p><p> </p><p> I'd also suggest going to the Small Questions Thread (<a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533452" rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533452</a>), you're likely to find the answer to almost any question you can come up with in here!</p>